Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,080 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:44 AM

Guys! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Guys! (1837 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Guys! by Africanqueen2(f): 10:44pm On May 22, 2010
Will you be able to have a real relationship or marry a girl who is uneducated but smart, not working but have hopes on starting something soon? Or is a bsc degree a license to a real relationship/marriage?
Re: Guys! by Nobody: 11:05pm On May 22, 2010
My dear guys are so fricking demanding these days, they want a whole catalogue of qualities some of them include;

1. Must be beautiful eventhough they have a face only God can tolerate
2. Must be educated but not more educated than they are so that they have something over you
3. Must cook/clean essentially be a glorified house maid
4. Must be a christian but should still fook them whenever they want
5. Must be sexy eventhough they look like they are carrying twins plus they will eventually cheat on you because apparently they just have to chase new possy.

The list is endless
Re: Guys! by eldee(m): 11:19pm On May 22, 2010
I think being exposed is almost on the same level as being educated.
If you're not a degree-holder, get you education from other places . . . read a lot, get informed and travel more.

The main reason why guys prefer educated women is because of the need to communicate with someone that sees the world the way they do, that comes more with exposure than the walls of the classroom.
Re: Guys! by madlady(f): 9:04am On May 23, 2010
Ebonyeyes:

My dear guys are so fricking demanding these days, they want a whole catalogue of qualities some of them include;

2. Must be educated but not more educated than they are so that they have something over you
5. Must be sexy eventhough they look like they are carrying twins plus they will eventually cheat on you because apparently they just have to                   grin grin grin grin grin chase  new possy. grin grin grin grin
                                       grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
The list is endless

kiss kiss kiss kiss This is why your one of my best posters.

Let me add a few more to your list (for the London black girls) .

6. Must be a  homeowner.

7. Must have "Swagger" imprinted on their forehead.

8. Must dress like a  lipsrsealed

@Poster,

Some guys can spot a girl who will be an asset to them.
Re: Guys! by Africanqueen2(f): 9:23am On May 23, 2010
madlady:

6. Must own their own home.

@Poster,

I think that's wat they want these days. . . Asset not love partners. It all abt business. . . They can't afford liabilities. . . Its kinda funny.
Re: Guys! by Sonofpeace(m): 9:38am On May 23, 2010
African_queen:

I think that's wat they want these days. . . Asset not love partners. It all abt business. . . They can't afford liabilities. . . Its kinda funny.
Who need liability in his or her life? Or do you?
Re: Guys! by Nobody: 9:45am On May 23, 2010
madlady:

6. Must own their own home.

@Poster,

Girl its kurraaaazy isnt it?
Re: Guys! by madlady(f): 9:51am On May 23, 2010
African_queen:

It's not always the case, some guys still marry for love.

Back in the day (our great grandparents ) even white people married ugly women just for financial gain.
Re: Guys! by Africanqueen2(f): 10:02am On May 23, 2010
Sonofpeace:

Who need liability in his or her life? Or do you?

you marry an asset but cheat wit a liability. . . U don't need liability but u have fun wit it.
Re: Guys! by Shola2009(m): 10:24am On May 23, 2010
Nope! She must be at the same level as moi,or slightly below.
Re: Guys! by eldee(m): 10:47am On May 23, 2010
African_queen:

If you already had pre-conceived opinions, why did you bother asking??
Re: Guys! by Africanqueen2(f): 10:52am On May 23, 2010
eldee:

If you already had pre-conceived opinions, why did you bother asking??

I wanted to see if someone would prove me wrong. . . So far no one have come close to that. . . Its sad for liabilities. . . cry
Re: Guys! by Jaideyone(m): 11:18am On May 23, 2010
What about you ladies? what about girls that want a guy that is well biult even though they have the body of rosie o'donnell? What about girls that tell you they want a guy that is 6ft 5" tall even though they are shorter than danny devito? What about girls that tell you they want a guy that is as handsome as brad pitt even though they're not as pretty as whoopi golberg? What about the money hungry girls? What about girls that tell u they want a guy that is intelligent even though they have a room temperature IQ?
how many girls many for love?
Re: Guys! by Jaideyone(m): 11:25am On May 23, 2010
and why on earth would i want to marry an ugly woman? I won't even try it. I want my kids to be as good looking as i am if not better.
Re: Guys! by MissyB1(m): 11:36am On May 23, 2010
Maybe we should start by defining what 'Education' is.

Does one have to possess a degree in order to be classified as 'Educated'?
What about those half-baked graduates that can't recite the 2 times table
without looking at a sheet of paper?
Do we see them as educated people simply because  they've been around the 4 corners of a school?

We must first settle who an Educated person is,
before answering any question related to it.
Re: Guys! by Africanqueen2(f): 11:39am On May 23, 2010
Missy B:

Do we see them as educated people simply because  they've been around the 4 corners of a school?

I like that. . .
Re: Guys! by 912(m): 11:41am On May 23, 2010
Missy B:

Do we see them as educated people simply because they've been around the 4 corners of a school?

well said.
Re: Guys! by eldee(m): 11:45am On May 23, 2010
@Missy B
Come on . . . all things being equal, we know that educated in Nigerian terms simply means post-SSCE qualifications.
That's why I used exposure as my own standard but it's obvious your friends are on a mission to crucify moi.

African_queen:

I wanted to see if someone would prove me wrong. . . So far no one have come close to that. . . Its sad for liabilities. . .  cry

No one has proven you wrong because no one is obliged to.
And the burden of proof is on you to check your generalisation before starting a topic with 'Guys'.
Re: Guys! by HayYlay(m): 11:57am On May 23, 2010
Wow. I tink being educated is learnin facts n xploring tinz of the world avin both theorical n practical advantages. But in this part of da world majority see it az goin 2 school. Bu**sht.

Re: Guys! by Africanqueen2(f): 12:09pm On May 23, 2010
eldee:

No one has proven you wrong because no one is obliged to.
And the burden of proof is on you to check your generalisation before starting a topic with 'Guys'.

hmmm. . . Tough much
Re: Guys! by eldee(m): 1:03pm On May 23, 2010
African_queen:

hmmm. . . Tough much

WOW!!! That's such an 'educated' way to answer a query. grin grin

No wonder you started the topic.
Re: Guys! by Africanqueen2(f): 2:42pm On May 23, 2010
eldee:

WOW!!! That's such an 'educated' way to answer a query. grin grin

No wonder you started the topic.

I see. . .
Re: Guys! by ramonacee(f): 5:24pm On May 23, 2010
:-x :-x
Re: Guys! by Nobody: 5:46pm On May 23, 2010
African_queen:

Will you be able to have a real relationship or marry a girl who is uneducated but smart, not working but have hopes on starting something soon? Or is a bsc degree a license to a real relationship/marriage?

Bsc ma foot. Just be a good girl, pretty and qualities I want in a woman + apply common sense.

High school is OKAY for me.

Maybe she can go for a 1 yr course is enough [additionally].
Re: Guys! by Faher(m): 8:05pm On May 23, 2010
I'll need an educated wife because I'd like our conversation to be at the same level grin

The only type of wife I can't cope with is one that's 'boring' or one that can't converse with me on an 'educated level'.
Re: Guys! by Nobody: 8:13pm On May 23, 2010
Ebonyeyes:

5. Must be sexy eventhough they look like they are carrying twins plus they will eventually cheat on you because apparently they just have to chase new possy.

The list is endless

Aaah, I take it thats a summary of all the men you've met ehn. cool
Re: Guys! by na2day2(m): 8:31pm On May 23, 2010
African_queen:

for me, yes i can if i see what u claim in her but then again, why should i when the girls even more demanding than the guys

Ebonyeyes:

The list is endless

i have tried my best to just be a passive member of NL but comments like urs just keeps calling my hand. what is ur complaint about? u girls are way more demanding than any guy i know. let me take ur points one by one

1. yeah right! u girls drool over all kinds of models and want ur guys to look like usher but yet u are no Halle Berry, give us a break!

2.If i remember correctly, u girls made fun of a guy on a thread who drives a taxi but saved enough to send his girl to college and once she got her degree she abandon him saying he is not in her class. yes, u girls blamed him saying he should have gone to school too; why talk from both sides of ur mouth

3. i love this one, it is funny to me how nigerian girls are quick to point out the traditional roles of a man and tell him, are u not a man? when it comes to bills, providing protection etc but find it super hard to accept the traditional roles of a woman. don't cook, some other woman will cook for him. SMH!

4. now where is that virgin thread again? if i recall, almost all u girls claim u can never date or marry a virgin, so where do u think he got his skills from? his mother? u create a monster, u learn to live with it!

5. yeah, the famous 6-packs romance comes to mind here, u girls want a guy with 6 packs, muscles popping, must be 7ft tall etc but most of u look like u are pregnant, having fat floating left and right, hardly 5ft, wearing terrible looking heels, cat-walks like a drunk, low self-esteem, can't make grammatically correct statements even to save her own life, does not own a bicycle but wants a guy with a bentley etc dont get me started!
Re: Guys! by Faher(m): 8:57pm On May 23, 2010
^^^ I doff my hat for you. Correct guy.
Re: Guys! by mamagee3(f): 8:58pm On May 23, 2010
Is this question coming from you? undecided
Re: Guys! by Nobody: 10:39pm On May 23, 2010
@@@Na2day just say you missed me gaddammit grin grin grin and I honestly could give 2 fooks what you think about my home-truths written above. Its the truth and you and your cronies talk about it all the time while drinking your pot-belly-enhancing juice BEER. tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Guys! by na2day2(m): 11:24pm On May 23, 2010
Ebonyeyes:

@@@Na2day just say you missed me gaddammit grin grin grin and I honestly could give 2 fooks what you think about my home-truths written above. Its the truth and you and your cronies talk about it all the time while drinking your pot-belly-enhancing juice BEER. tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

missed u not! but ur half truths just got served! cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Guys! by Nobody: 9:58am On May 24, 2010
ebonyeyes you are so right cheesy remindsme of that movie stepford wives

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help Pleassssssssssssssse! / A 34 Years Old South African Man Getting Married To A 77 Years Old Woman / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.