Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,778 members, 7,817,206 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:13 AM

Happy Mothers Day: Share The Funniest Memory Of Your Mum - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Happy Mothers Day: Share The Funniest Memory Of Your Mum (21098 Views)

Parents Who Share The Same Room With Their Kids, Do You Feel Okay? / Happy Mothers' Day / Pictures You Can Relate To If Your Mum Is A Typical African Mum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Happy Mothers Day: Share The Funniest Memory Of Your Mum by Eleganza33(f): 8:06am On May 14, 2018
ashjay001:
That Iya Gbenga, can call for Africa.grin
Mum:.I just say, make I hear ur voiceshocked
Me: But, u heard it yesterday na?

I got lost, when I was little, in her village. She found me n started smacking me fagrin Both were crying.

She can spin omorogun n igbako, like kilodeshocked
She suppose be "pitcher", always gets d right spot!grin
lol
Re: Happy Mothers Day: Share The Funniest Memory Of Your Mum by HAIJAE: 8:19am On May 14, 2018
When she tells you that i did not kill my mother so you cannot kill me

1 Like

Re: Happy Mothers Day: Share The Funniest Memory Of Your Mum by Ormorlehwah(f): 8:48am On May 14, 2018
After eating and I say I am hungry. She lift her laps up and take knife,cut it, roast it like barbecue. Or go and eat stone.
Na only you I born.

1 Like

Re: Happy Mothers Day: Share The Funniest Memory Of Your Mum by nnokwa042(m): 8:48am On May 14, 2018
Misypee:
Mum is a very jovial person, i came home with a male classmate and friend one day and he greeted mum, and before i could say jack, she started asking him when he'll come and pay bride price, i begged her with one awkward look to be cool but na lie, she gave him a seat and they chatted away, its funny and embarrassing

at your age you no carry first position for school na boy you carry come home children of nawadays and you senior brothers did beat you?am disappointed at them

1 Like

Re: Happy Mothers Day: Share The Funniest Memory Of Your Mum by Ormorlehwah(f): 8:49am On May 14, 2018
If u lost my money,get lost with it

3 Likes

Re: Happy Mothers Day: Share The Funniest Memory Of Your Mum by ayans007(m): 8:56am On May 14, 2018
My mum is the perfect example of a Yoruba mama, when she goes to a party there is no cooking for that day and sometimes maybe next morning. One day she came back with all the food and drinks they served and we were like mama o, we don big pass this level na, naso she spark say she no go bring anything again. The next time she went brought more than she did the last time. God bless you mama mi I know I'll make you proud one day

6 Likes

Re: Happy Mothers Day: Share The Funniest Memory Of Your Mum by bolinjkezzy(m): 9:22am On May 14, 2018
Awonla:
Most has been said here and I will make her proud In Jesus Name because I am jobless now.
The funniest have read so far
Re: Happy Mothers Day: Share The Funniest Memory Of Your Mum by MissJoy29(f): 12:08pm On May 14, 2018
cassyrooy:
I celebrate two 'moms'.

First, my mom, she's everything I knew as a parent and I never asked about my pops cos for once the questions never crossed my mind due to her abilities to provide for 5 children (for 2decades).

She gives her advises in parables, and she's a decent disciplinarian. She could have been a good sprinter cos she runs and maintained this athletic physique all ages.

When I started having female friends from school over, she also was 'Chindu' for 'Chinedu', "if you impregnate any of them, bring them o, I'm still strong to carry them, provided you can hustle for their upkeep". And each time I get the message.

Every night, I still want to see her face after not seeing her for 43months now. (RIP Onyehuruchianya, the strongest human I ever knew, ASNF).

She was my close friend too.

Second, my elder sister. We've been friends all my life, she knows some things about myself that I sometimes forget to acknowledge.

We've only disagreed only once leading to a long quarrel (2012), she's a born leader.

If we reincarnate, I don't mind having her as my wife cos of her stubbornness, strong will, intelligence and vision.

Kayler, you'll continue to laugh until you get tired and you'll come to see that you've lived the best on earth, and heavens will be kind to you too.

MissJoy29 come talk about momcy o.
Ah moms! They are too much. Mine is the strongest, most humble, most patient, most yielding, most submissive woman I know. I saw her and hated the word "submissive" cos I saw how easily overly submissive women get abused. Her heart though was just moulded after God's own I presume(God forgive me if I blasphemed). She's so forgiving, with a heart so pure, diamonds envy her. Nothing I do on earth for her will be enough to repay her for being who she is. We go to sleep at night knowing what She does to keep us all safe. My greatest Prayer for her is for her to make Heaven.

My mum and I are soooo close! We are almost like best buddies. I tell her even my stupid mistakes. We can talk for Africa! If you hear us talking, you won't believe she's my mum. Yet when we quarrel, it's so intense. Lol. My name is "junior" just because I have all her names. Our initials are same: JIE. The only difference is Mrs & Miss.

She's unarguably the best mom in the world.

I celebrate NRE, my elder sister. She's the superwoman of the family. She's more than 10 men put together. Beauty, brains, strength of character. Without her, only God knows what we would have been doing. God Bless these amazing souls for me.

I'm so sorry about your loss. God will give you a good wife to compensate you for mom's loss.

3 Likes

Re: Happy Mothers Day: Share The Funniest Memory Of Your Mum by Stmiceel(m): 12:13pm On May 14, 2018
I love pets then and now, there was a day I needed to buy Rabbit and she was sleeping. I had to wake her up and she didn't hesitate to give me money to buy it.

I love my mum.
She's the only person that gets to me though am well around my Dad always.

2 Likes

Re: Happy Mothers Day: Share The Funniest Memory Of Your Mum by anoda(m): 12:19pm On May 14, 2018
oxygenlove:
during my teen days, my mum love to make herb concortion wit som herb soup, i go dey luk her say wetin dis woman dey do so, atimes i do refuse to tak frm it coz i dnt enjoy d bitternes, , , she wil tel me, 'kole ye e (u cnt undastnd) i ll be like, wot gan? leave me jo, i was surprise one day i woke up and my dicko man raise so hard in my boxer, she saw it and smile,; and nw i knw what she meant sha, , , mummy mi civilize gan o

wot did she mean

1 Like

Re: Happy Mothers Day: Share The Funniest Memory Of Your Mum by Nobody: 12:24pm On May 14, 2018
Crixina:
Thank God for that woman.

It still beats me why people use that thing.
Lol it's just for fun tho
Re: Happy Mothers Day: Share The Funniest Memory Of Your Mum by MissJoy29(f): 12:44pm On May 14, 2018
CarlosTheJackal:
My mum is the funniest person that I've ever met.

I remember when my sister wanted to marry someone from a very place which i can't tell here and my mum was like

"Nwa m, Is it not too far for me to come omu ngwo" my sister replied her that

"Nnem have you forgotten you are a Ghanaian and you from a very far far place and omu ngwo is alien to your people" stop forming Anambra mum here

My mum will be like;

"I just wanted to talk like my peers in the village meeting"

Another one was when my mum was asked why he agreed to marry my dad from a country outside her own and she said

No mind that man, he do carry this afro and nice boot cut that made me fall in love with him and he loves singing your Nigeria tunes that got my head swinging."

my sister replied her that so na afro and music turn your head? mama you self no follow.

P.S My Sister is a 21st Century Nigeria lady that Afro, Clothing, Tunes or big grammar doesn't move.

I still call you Mama and will love you forever. I recall everything you did for me and i will continue to repay you even after we all pass away. I love you Mama. The only time i do cry at this my old age if any news comes in that you are not feeling well.

I love you Mama.

I will play your favourite All Night Long by Lionel Richie to remember those days we dance to it in our sitting room
Nice one

1 Like

Re: Happy Mothers Day: Share The Funniest Memory Of Your Mum by MissJoy29(f): 12:48pm On May 14, 2018
purityval:
My mum.. Can give wahala ehn

Sent her some money and just because I didn't call her for 2days, she called me to come and take my money back.

When I asked her why?

She said "don't send me money if you know you won't call me often" .... I just weak lasan
Lol cheesy
Re: Happy Mothers Day: Share The Funniest Memory Of Your Mum by ReneeNuttall(f): 12:53pm On May 14, 2018
charlesazeh:
just de run d ones ur power reach no mata how small.. I wish mine were alive to see what I have become..I have enough for them but them no de to chop am

Eaya i sympathize with u.Meanwhile I'm doing d best i can.Tnx alot.

2 Likes

Re: Happy Mothers Day: Share The Funniest Memory Of Your Mum by charlesazeh(m): 1:21pm On May 14, 2018
ReneeNuttall:

Eaya i sympathize with u.Meanwhile I'm doing d best i can.Tnx alot.

Thanks bro..God bless u more to keep making ur parents proud to be called Diokpa First son..one love
Re: Happy Mothers Day: Share The Funniest Memory Of Your Mum by ReneeNuttall(f): 1:59pm On May 14, 2018
charlesazeh:

Thanks bro..God bless u more to keep making ur parents proud to be called Diokpa First son..one love

Amen ,and God bless u too.Ama lady though. cool
Re: Happy Mothers Day: Share The Funniest Memory Of Your Mum by charlesazeh(m): 5:10pm On May 14, 2018
ReneeNuttall:

Amen ,and God bless u too.Ama lady though. cool
no vex sis... u be ada nna
Re: Happy Mothers Day: Share The Funniest Memory Of Your Mum by mikejj(m): 5:27pm On May 14, 2018
Ormorlehwah:
If u lost my money,get lost with it
yes i remember this one... she will say if u lost that money no come back house.con see cry for Africa anytime i lost money.
Re: Happy Mothers Day: Share The Funniest Memory Of Your Mum by Nobody: 6:03pm On May 14, 2018
fhorlar:
Wura mii...the queen of my life...my rock,my first priest, my joy...I miss you u so much...mummy, today is mother's day and I just wanna tell the whole world what an amazing woman you are...although, you are no longer with us in flesh,i just wanted to remind you of what I said several years ago, that I Folashade will make u proud.yes mum..I have not forgotten that promise.daddy misses u sooo much. Our lives have not been same since you were snatched away from us.we all love you and we miss you. I will never forget all you taught me about life.

Ps: for those who still have your mum alive, maximize and take adj of it. Pls and pls, take care of your mum while she is still alive. Don't postpone! U don't know wot 2morow holds
I can relate. my mum died November last year and life hasn't been the same without her

1 Like

Re: Happy Mothers Day: Share The Funniest Memory Of Your Mum by ReneeNuttall(f): 6:11pm On May 14, 2018
charlesazeh:
no vex sis... u be ada nna
Lol,tnx.
Re: Happy Mothers Day: Share The Funniest Memory Of Your Mum by oxygenlove(m): 7:44pm On May 14, 2018
anoda:

wot did she mean
preparing me for the man am to become then, , , and now no Lady cn tel me i cnt satisfy her sexualy . If U Knw Wah I Mean
Re: Happy Mothers Day: Share The Funniest Memory Of Your Mum by Chommieblaq(f): 9:26pm On May 14, 2018
This thread brought tears to my eyes.
Words can never describe how much i love my mum or what in this world she means to me.
My essence of living is to give her a better life.
My mom is a super woman, she's seven men in one
My mom is selfless
My mom is god!
She did both job, made us not to feel the absence of our Dad.
There are many incidents I remember with so much tears, joy and emotions i just can't pen down.
I remembered during one of these riot in kano, she helped my elder sis to jump over to the barrack opposite the market we sell food, then she would throw my twin brother and i, so my sister would catch us before jumping over the fence to join us.
I also remember a day my sisters were having misunderstanding, my mom tried to intervene but they didn't listen to her, she went inside the room, pack her bags and said she's going to her sisters house, since we don't listen to her again, westarted begging our mum, we begged and begged, before she allowed us to keep bavk her bag, since that day everybody pack well.

2 Likes

Re: Happy Mothers Day: Share The Funniest Memory Of Your Mum by cassyrooy(m): 10:35pm On May 14, 2018
MissJoy29:

Ah moms! They are too much. Mine is the strongest, most humble, most patient, most yielding, most submissive woman I know. I saw her and hated the word "submissive" cos I saw how easily overly submissive women get abused. Her heart though was just moulded after God's own I presume(God forgive me if I blasphemed). She's so forgiving, with a heart so pure, diamonds envy her. Nothing I do on earth for her will be enough to repay her for being who she is. We go to sleep at night knowing what She does to keep us all safe. My greatest Prayer for her is for her to make Heaven.

My mum and I are soooo close! We are almost like best buddies. I tell her even my stupid mistakes. We can talk for Africa! If you hear us talking, you won't believe she's my mum. Yet when we quarrel, it's so intense. Lol. My name is "junior" just because I have all her names. Our initials are same: JIE. The only difference is Mrs & Miss.

She's unarguably the best mom in the world.

I celebrate NRE, my elder sister. She's the superwoman of the family. She's more than 10 men put together. Beauty, brains, strength of character. Without her, only God knows what we would have been doing. God Bless these amazing souls for me.

I'm so sorry about your loss. God will give you a good wife to compensate you for mom's loss.
I understand the picture you projected, you're lucky to have such gem as a mom.
Amen to your prayers for mommy.

We're so close, I call her by name anytime we've resolved all our squabbles, which she never rebuked cos she knew how much respect I bestowed on her. I almost choked a friend cos he mentioned her in the wrong context.

For my sister too, something brought us together and we've had this special relationship that still blossom every day (haven't seen her in 10months now, our relationship has transcended to her daughter (who unarguably is my favourite girl in the world).

Thank you dear, very thoughtful of you. God should o, especially a wife that knows how to travel my stomach through food; my heart through good company; my head through impeccable vision and wisdom, she'll live happily ever after o(not kidding).

1 Like

Re: Happy Mothers Day: Share The Funniest Memory Of Your Mum by Natilolo(m): 11:45pm On May 14, 2018
lilyheaven:

Your mum is a wonderful Woman.
God please I need to be a great mother, please help me Lord.
Thanks for the complement. God will help you ma. His grace is always available to those who seek it.

1 Like

Re: Happy Mothers Day: Share The Funniest Memory Of Your Mum by MissJoy29(f): 3:10pm On May 16, 2018
cassyrooy:
I understand the picture you projected, you're lucky to have such gem as a mom.
Amen to your prayers for mommy.

We're so close, I call her by name anytime we've resolved all our squabbles, which she never rebuked cos she knew how much respect I bestowed on her. I almost choked a friend cos he mentioned her in the wrong context.

For my sister too, something brought us together and we've had this special relationship that still blossom every day (haven't seen her in 10months now, our relationship has transcended to her daughter (who unarguably is my favourite girl in the world).

Thank you dear, very thoughtful of you. God should o, especially a wife that knows how to travel my stomach through food; my heart through good company; my head through impeccable vision and wisdom, she'll live happily ever after o(not kidding).
You call your momsi by name? shocked. That's different. Never heard that before. You guys must have been very close.

I love brother/sister bonds. It's always so cute. cool

So sweet @your niece being your favourite girl in the world. cool cool

Just believe & it shall come to pass. Say Amen!
Re: Happy Mothers Day: Share The Funniest Memory Of Your Mum by cassyrooy(m): 6:58pm On May 18, 2018
MissJoy29:

You call your momsi by name? shocked. That's different. Never heard that before. You guys must have been very close.

I love brother/sister bonds. It's always so cute. cool

So sweet @your niece being your favourite girl in the world. cool cool

Just believe & it shall come to pass. Say Amen!
Yes o, remember I'm weird, we were very close, she knows the meaning of every sound coming from me, sickness, frustrated/worried, just name it.

cheesy My brother went to boarding school, so I had to bond with my sisters, and as the last born, your imagination can fill the rest.

You can't blame either of us, she's too sweet and fun to be with. I remember during the burial, we were all eating when she just grabbed a sachet water and her mom made to collect it, next thing we heard was "mummy, mummy leave it I want to tapuo it(open it)" and she was just three then. She's my delectable gorgeous.

Amen ooo.

Hope your week has been dealing you soft hands?
Re: Happy Mothers Day: Share The Funniest Memory Of Your Mum by MissJoy29(f): 7:24am On May 19, 2018
cassyrooy:
Yes o, remember I'm weird, we were very close, she knows the meaning of every sound coming from me, sickness, frustrated/worried, just name it.

cheesy My brother went to boarding school, so I had to bond with my sisters, and as the last born, your imagination can fill the rest.

You can't blame either of us, she's too sweet and fun to be with. I remember during the burial, we were all eating when she just grabbed a sachet water and her mom made to collect it, next thing we heard was "mummy, mummy leave it I want to tapuo it(open it)" and she was just three then. She's my delectable gorgeous.

Amen ooo.

Hope your week has been dealing you soft hands?
Yeah you really are weird. Never have I seen such before.

Yeah. I can imagine!

Lol. She sounds really sweet and cute. I especially like her Eng/Igbo. I do that a lot. See:
*a laikiri m ya (I like it)
*a gawalam now (I'm going now). Lol.

Yeah....I think so. Though I have been coming home kinda late recently. Stress I guess. Yours?
Re: Happy Mothers Day: Share The Funniest Memory Of Your Mum by Ajibewa89(f): 12:08pm On Jun 16, 2018
lilyheaven:

God bless her real good.
may she live long to reap the fruit of her labour

1 Like

Re: Happy Mothers Day: Share The Funniest Memory Of Your Mum by cassyrooy(m): 7:42am On Jul 04, 2018
MissJoy29:

Yeah you really are weird. Never have I seen such before.

Yeah. I can imagine!

[/b]Lol. She sounds really sweet and cute. I especially like her Eng/Igbo. I do that a lot. See:[/b]
*a laikiri m ya (I like it)
*a gawalam now (I'm going now). Lol.

Yeah....I think so. Though I have been coming home kinda late recently. Stress I guess. Yours?
First thing first, apologies for the overextended period of not reaching out.

@bolded, "the sweet thing" clocked 6 last Friday, she hasn't stopped being sweet.
Re: Happy Mothers Day: Share The Funniest Memory Of Your Mum by MissJoy29(f): 7:51am On Jul 04, 2018
cassyrooy:
First thing first, apologies for the overextended period of not reaching out.

@bolded, "the sweet thing" clocked 6 last Friday, she hasn't stopped being sweet.
Jeez! Where have you been? shocked

Awwwww.... smiley
Re: Happy Mothers Day: Share The Funniest Memory Of Your Mum by cassyrooy(m): 7:57am On Jul 04, 2018
MissJoy29:

Jeez! Where have you been? shocked

Awwwww.... smiley
I've been on the side I've always been na, my sincere apologies dear.

A lot has taken shape over this time, I'll fill you in later.

Hope you've been good?
Re: Happy Mothers Day: Share The Funniest Memory Of Your Mum by MissJoy29(f): 8:03am On Jul 04, 2018
cassyrooy:
I've been on the side I've always been na, my sincere apologies dear.

A lot has taken shape over this time, I'll fill you in later.

Hope you've been good?
Lol...I don't know the other side o. Honestly cool

I trust you would. cool

I think I'm fine now. Was kinda worried you know. tongue .Apologies accepted though.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What One Thing A Kid Born After 2000 Will Not Understand? / Early Marriage Versus Late Marriage Which Do You Prefer? / I Haven't Spoken To My Father In 5 Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.