Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,652 members, 7,809,471 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:09 AM

What Dropshiping Is And How you can make huge profit - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Dropshiping Is And How you can make huge profit (27325 Views)

Start Your E-commerce Dropshiping Business With This Guide / Start Dropshiping With Zero Capital Today / Top 15 Small Business You Can Make Huge Money/profits From Daily In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Dropshiping Is And How you can make huge profit by airsaylongcon: 10:52am On Jun 04, 2018
So over the past few weeks I've been thinking about setting up my ecommerce platform to cater for a certain segment of items which I believe will benefit from online sales. I am technically savvy and can deploy any of the open source ecommerce solutions. However I'm stuck at determining the appropriate payment processor to use. My target market is Nigerian (supplier and customers). Have a registered limited liability company. Which payment processor would you recommend and why? Which ecommerce solution would you also recommend? Will be grateful for your insight too @LordKross
Re: What Dropshiping Is And How you can make huge profit by lawrence35(m): 3:15pm On Jun 04, 2018
Build a business that will stand the test of time.... One that will make money for you.
Re: What Dropshiping Is And How you can make huge profit by Lordkross(m): 4:39pm On Jun 04, 2018
airsaylongcon:
So over the past few weeks I've been thinking about setting up my ecommerce platform to cater for a certain segment of items which I believe will benefit from online sales. I am technically savvy and can deploy any of the open source ecommerce solutions. However I'm stuck at determining the appropriate payment processor to use. My target market is Nigerian (supplier and customers). Have a registered limited liability company. Which payment processor would you recommend and why? Which ecommerce solution would you also recommend? Will be grateful for your insight too @LordKross

Thanks bro, and it's good to know that you are a tech person. I would suggest WooCommerce, it's by far the best in terms of platform and PayStack as your prefered payment processor since your target market is Nigerian.
I use PayStack for one of my local business and i must say i am very satisfied.
Re: What Dropshiping Is And How you can make huge profit by Lordkross(m): 4:41pm On Jun 04, 2018
lawrence35:

Most of my clients don't sell just in Nigeria, besides, it's business... I am yet to find a business that can be referred to as bed of roses

I don't advice people who don't have enough money to pay for the set up to even start.

Of course, I post blog telling people of what to expect [url]cpahub.pro/blog[/url]

And I should say this there as it is the character of most people seeking to invest 10k today and make 2million naira by the next morning,
it doesn't happen !

I have turned down many young people who don't understand the business but just want to make money online. I have advised them to go for CPA marketing instead.

people have set up stores for have registered businesses with business name and are ready for the business.

Dropshipping is a business, just like every other businesses our there, there is no such thing as free or easy money.

Thank you for your observation.

Thank you for your understanding.
Re: What Dropshiping Is And How you can make huge profit by lawrence35(m): 10:15am On Jun 05, 2018
Re: What Dropshiping Is And How you can make huge profit by lawrence35(m): 2:05pm On Jun 05, 2018
Start now
Re: What Dropshiping Is And How you can make huge profit by lawrence35(m): 4:47pm On Jun 05, 2018
Note that contacts from Nairaland are getting discount on our prices.
Re: What Dropshiping Is And How you can make huge profit by dyonpoint: 5:16pm On Jun 05, 2018
Lordkross:
Greetings to the OP and all Nairalanders. I want to quickly state here that dropshipping is not a bed of roses or at least to an African (excluding South Africans).

You can get it done, that is the first stage, payment gateway will be your biggest obstacle. A few guys have been able to manipulate there way out of this using VPN and all other means, but they also risk losing all their earnings when PayPal or Stripe gets to find out their illegality. This is where it hurts the most, raking in all the money and losing it to a payment gateway. You can't sell locally, not in principle though, most Nigerians can't wait 25 - 54 days to get their buy, thus making the American, Russian and Australia market your best option for sales. Now the circle continues, how do you process payment?
The only option at this time for Nigerians is Rave by flutterwave or maybe VoguePay, but the downside is, that your money stays with them for another 14days.

Let's say you manage to sell $400 worth of items in a single day, you will need to source $400 to pay the supplier before they supply the said item to your customers where ever they may be. Now that's where the money comes in. Lol!!!! Dropshipping is not cheap. What if there's another $400 sales the following day?

Marketing is another challenge, they will never tell you all this things, and this is what i hate about people selling business without conscience.

Now, please, i am not discouraging anybody here, i have learned the hard way! No think am. My people say "Person when no get papa, na where person when get papa dey advice him own pikin him from dey learn".

If the OP promises 2checkout, go ahead with his proposal, but he should state his total cost.

Look before you leap...don't get lost.

You spoke my mind bro, in fact I couldn't wait to finish reading before I comment. Every thing u said about dropping from Nigeria is absolutely correct. My major problem is Payment gateway and issue of delivery time to Nigeria. These issues have kept me from start my dropshiping business I must confess.

1 Like

Re: What Dropshiping Is And How you can make huge profit by lawrence35(m): 5:34pm On Jun 05, 2018
dyonpoint:

You spoke my mind bro, in fact I couldn't wait to finish reading before I comment. Every thing u said about dropping from Nigeria is absolutely correct. My major problem is Payment gateway and issue of delivery time to Nigeria. These issues have kept me from start my dropshiping business I must confess.

I can give you many reasons why you shouldn't leave home in the morning, but when you get a good reason to leave.. it will be worth it.

This are some points to consider

1- You mustn't sell to nigerians alone.

2- My Clients that dropship specify the shipping date, our web app help you do that.

3- Dropshipping is a business like selling shoes in the market, you should have continuing capital.

There are two choices....

Knowing the challenges that comes with business and backing out
or
knowing the challenges and overcoming it.

The choice draws a fine line and set the separation.

2 Likes

Re: What Dropshiping Is And How you can make huge profit by dyonpoint: 6:21pm On Jun 05, 2018
lawrence35:

I can give you many reasons why you shouldn't leave home in the morning, but when you get a good reason to leave.. it will be worth it.

2- My Clients that dropship specify the shipping date, our web app help you do that.

3- Dropshipping is a business like selling shoes in the market, you should have continuing capital.

or

Bro, I don't get your point.

1 Like

Re: What Dropshiping Is And How you can make huge profit by lawrence35(m): 6:28pm On Jun 05, 2018
dyonpoint:

Bro, I don't get your point.

My point is, know the challenges, instead of backing out, overcome them.

This is my advice.

1- Don't build a dropshipping web store just for nigerians, that is limiting, when you can reach a larger market.

2- Have the right cash flow, you will be making twice if not more of whatever is purchased... So your cash flow should be on point.
Re: What Dropshiping Is And How you can make huge profit by dyonpoint: 6:40pm On Jun 05, 2018
lawrence35:

My point is, know the challenges, instead of backing out, overcome them.

This is my advice.

1- Don't build a dropshipping web store just for nigerians, that is limiting, when you can reach a larger market.

2- Have the right cash flow, you will be making twice if not more of whatever is purchased... So your cash flow should be on point.

Thanks for your advice. If you read my reply to @Lordkross post, i mentioned my Challenge and I also pickup 1 payment gateway I will look into from his post.
I am not new to dropshipping bro.
Re: What Dropshiping Is And How you can make huge profit by afecofrank(m): 7:18pm On Jun 05, 2018
Cash flow is important, but may not be a big problem if you can flow with the market trend. Most sellers tie down their monies unnecessarily on cheap items without a market demand, instead of purchasing quick selling items and do a good turnover. Your main concerns should be knowing what the market demands and when, how to get it and quick delivery.
lawrence35:

or

Re: What Dropshiping Is And How you can make huge profit by lawrence35(m): 7:26pm On Jun 05, 2018
afecofrank:
Cash flow is important, but may not be a big problem if you can flow with the market trend. Most sellers tie down their monies unnecessarily on cheap items without a market demand, instead of purchasing quick selling items and do a good turnover. Your main concerns should be knowing what the market demands and when, how to get it and quick delivery.

Good point..

With dropshipping you don't need to pay for anything that has not been ordered already.

Plus, other web app has simplified the processes.
Re: What Dropshiping Is And How you can make huge profit by Inehmesit: 10:56am On Jun 06, 2018
Okay, I'm new to drop shipping and I have a few questions, when a customer places an order, do you pay for the goods to get them from the company first, or do the company trust you that much to give you the goods to deliver before paying them after the customer buys them, or how about where you get the goods down to the customer and he/she says it's not what they expected, will the company allow you to return that item you got from them?
Re: What Dropshiping Is And How you can make huge profit by lawrence35(m): 12:37pm On Jun 06, 2018
Inehmesit:
Okay, I'm new to drop shipping and I have a few questions, when a customer places an order, do you pay for the goods to get them from the company first, or do the company trust you that much to give you the goods to deliver before paying them after the customer buys them, or how about where you get the goods down to the customer and he/she says it's not what they expected, will the company allow you to return that item you got from them?

In this case, you will be dropshipping from AliExpress alone.

When an other is placed on your store, you will accept the payment. Then relay it to the AliExpress seller, the web app automates this process, you will then pay the original price.

Products will be shipped to the buyer, the web app notifies the seller that it's a dropship products.. so prices and other promotion will not be included.

If it happens that there is need for returning products, AliExpress policy covers that, the buyer will return the product with your guidance to the seller.

Note that in dropshipping... You act like the middle man, the satisfaction of your customer is up to you, the only thing you can't control is the delivery time but, that will depend on how well you inform your customer so they understand when the product will reach them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Dropshiping Is And How you can make huge profit by lawrence35(m): 12:51pm On Jun 06, 2018
Business minded

1 Share

Re: What Dropshiping Is And How you can make huge profit by lawrence35(m): 1:39pm On Jun 06, 2018
#true

1 Like

Re: What Dropshiping Is And How you can make huge profit by afecofrank(m): 8:01pm On Jun 07, 2018
As far as i know about Aliexpress services, like most other Escrow third-party payment companies, for a seller to ship out an order to your buyer where s/he is:
-you must first pay for the goods to the third-party; Aliexpress.
-After Aliexpress confirms to the seller that they have your payment (No seller ships order without confirming payment, though with few exceptions),
-then seller will arrange shipment and notify Aliexpress about the shipment details and delivery company.
When you/your buyer receive/s shipment, delivery company will notify Aliexpress, likewise you and then,
-after shipment is confirmed and okayed by buyer,
-Aliexpress will release payment to the seller.
It requires time and money. I can be corrected if am wrong.
lawrence35:

In this case, you will be dropshipping from AliExpress alone.

When an other is placed on your store, you will accept the payment. Then relay it to the AliExpress seller, the web app automates this process, you will then pay the original price.

Products will be shipped to the buyer, the web app notifies the seller that it's a dropship products.. so prices and other promotion will not be included.

If it happens that there is need for returning products, AliExpress policy covers that, the buyer will return the product with your guidance to the seller.

Note that in dropshipping... You act like the middle man, the satisfaction of your customer is up to you, the only thing you can't control is the delivery time but, that will depend on how well you inform your customer so they understand when the product will reach them.
Re: What Dropshiping Is And How you can make huge profit by lawrence35(m): 9:49pm On Jun 07, 2018
afecofrank:
As far as i know about Aliexpress services, like most other Escrow third-party payment companies, for a seller to ship out an order to your buyer where s/he is:
-you must first pay for the goods to the third-party; Aliexpress.
-After Aliexpress confirms to the seller that they have your payment (No seller ships order without confirming payment, though with few exceptions),
-then seller will arrange shipment and notify Aliexpress about the shipment details and delivery company.
When you/your buyer receive/s shipment, delivery company will notify Aliexpress, likewise you and then,
-after shipment is confirmed and okayed by buyer,
-Aliexpress will release payment to the seller.
It requires time and money. I can be corrected if am wrong.

You are correct, everything you said is how it should be, no seller will ship products without payment. AliExpress understand time and they make sure it is timely.

Starting a dropshipping webstore requires investment just like any other business.

The key to mega profit is understanding how the system works.

I will be dealing with that soon, a complete break down of the whole process and how to overcome barriers and stand out.
Re: What Dropshiping Is And How you can make huge profit by lawrence35(m): 5:43am On Jun 08, 2018
#tgif

We are working on sunshine.
Re: What Dropshiping Is And How you can make huge profit by lawrence35(m): 12:22pm On Jun 08, 2018
Stay connected, the steps series on how to start and run a dropshipping webstore is on the way.
Re: What Dropshiping Is And How you can make huge profit by lawrence35(m): 7:13am On Jun 09, 2018
Happy weekend to you.
Re: What Dropshiping Is And How you can make huge profit by lawrence35(m): 2:05pm On Jun 09, 2018
The day has been busy, people are coming to understand the Benefitsof dropshipping.
Re: What Dropshiping Is And How you can make huge profit by lawrence35(m): 11:51am On Jun 10, 2018
Beautiful day ahead.

Re: What Dropshiping Is And How you can make huge profit by davenchyhomes: 1:42am On Jun 11, 2018
Remember, it is the forest of today that gives birth to the cities of tomorrow.*
Get bold to take crazy steps and actions. Let help you get started with our basket of options within our gated and secure estate. Feel free to pick which one work best within your budget.
*Christal Villa Gardens*
Price: #2m
Title: Registered Survey
Size: 600 sqm

*Christal Villa Gold 2*
Price: #800k
Title: Registered survey
Size: 600sqm
*SOLD OUT*

*Christal Villa Kings Court*
Actual Price: #5m
Promo Price: #2.5m
Size: 600 sqm
Title: Approved Excision

*Christal Villa kentops*
Price: #800k
Title: Registered Survey
Size: 500 sqm

*Christal Villa Mariam's Manor*
Price: #1m
Title: Registered Survey and C of O in Process
We guarantee you maximum returns on your investments within the shortest period of time.
For site inspection and professional guide call/WhatsApp Christal Homes : +2348135509559, +2348025146336

Re: What Dropshiping Is And How you can make huge profit by lawrence35(m): 11:47am On Jun 11, 2018
To see completed webstore, chat we us on Whatsapp : 090 500 33 743

It's easy to sell online.
Re: What Dropshiping Is And How you can make huge profit by zeedolla(m): 12:21pm On Jun 11, 2018
Ok bros which will you recommend for dropshipping targeting just international market?

Shopify of Wordpress?

Does shopify pay through Payoneer or what is the better payment processor for both platforms.

Thank you
Re: What Dropshiping Is And How you can make huge profit by VocalWalls: 1:01pm On Jun 11, 2018
Payoneer funds urgently needed at 347/$

Instant payment. Come with your legit escrow

https:///send?phone=2347033534153/

All volumes = Same rate
Re: What Dropshiping Is And How you can make huge profit by lawrence35(m): 2:04pm On Jun 11, 2018
zeedolla:
Ok bros which will you recommend for dropshipping targeting just international market?

Shopify of Wordpress?

Does shopify pay through Payoneer or what is the better payment processor for both platforms.

Thank you

Shopify charges monthly,

The web store that you will be getting is on WordPress, no monthly payment and you can add unlimited products.

I advice international market.

You don't have to wait for anyone to pay you, you will be able to accept payment on your web store.

Still need, clarification? WhatsApp 090 500 33 743
Re: What Dropshiping Is And How you can make huge profit by lawrence35(m): 4:03pm On Jun 11, 2018
Yeah... Happy to receive report of people making sales.

1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Eko Gas Scheme: Lagos Tasks Residents On Use Of Cooking Gas / Why Do People Always Return, After You Lend Them Money? / AMCON Releases Names Of 105 Persons Who Owe N906b

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.