Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,378 members, 7,819,377 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:08 PM

Nigerian Shot Dead, 32 Arrested In Market Riot In Poland - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Shot Dead, 32 Arrested In Market Riot In Poland (6309 Views)

TB Joshua Prophecy: "A Top Nigerian Shot To Be Killed, Unnamed President Kidnapp / Nigerian Shot In Abidjan For Attacking Police Station With A Cutlass / Nigerian Shot After High-Speed Chase In South-Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Shot Dead, 32 Arrested In Market Riot In Poland by JoannaT: 10:48pm On May 27, 2010
@ adconline

Yes, Olisadebe still has Polish citizenship.

because he's no longer in form. Old style in England is a new style in Asia

Well, personally I don't know much about football, but judging by what many others say, you're probably right !
Re: Nigerian Shot Dead, 32 Arrested In Market Riot In Poland by JoannaT: 10:53pm On May 27, 2010
@ GenBuhari

I have just wanted to say that I appreciate your post very much. I also think that there is very little compassion (if any) for the killed Maxwell Itoya's fate and for the pain of his family in the posts of some of the people on this forum. I find this attitude astonishing on a Nigerian forum. Thank you.
Re: Nigerian Shot Dead, 32 Arrested In Market Riot In Poland by texazzpete(m): 11:44pm On May 27, 2010
GenBuhari:

@texazzpete  & afam
there was something not right about the way you two were so quick to rush to conclusion in assuming the Nigerians were in the wrong and the European police were in the right.

This is why I questioned whether you were Nigerians.

Do yo not even feel sorry for the young man who lost his life - because I never heard most of you acknowledge this.

Even if a Nigerian had committed a crime abroad we should still show some sympathy and outrage for a brother's killing a far away land.

If we Nigerian do not defend our own and ourselves who is gonna?
is it a wonder that Nigerians are disrespected  with people like you two showing this disgraeful attitude.
angry

No one 'rushed' into conclusions. All the information on hand at that moment pointed to a Nigerian man shot while trying to wrest a loaded gun from a policeman.

And what 'disgraceful attitude' am i showing? What have YOU done to improve our lot? How many 419ers in Nigeria have you confronted? How many corrupt people have you confronted? Stop this childish reasoning and utilize your brains constructively.
Re: Nigerian Shot Dead, 32 Arrested In Market Riot In Poland by texazzpete(m): 11:50pm On May 27, 2010
Joanna.T:

@ GenBuhari

I have just wanted to say that I appreciate your post very much. I also think that there is very little compassion (if any) for the killed Maxwell Itoya's fate and for the pain of his family in the posts of some of the people on this forum. I find this attitude astonishing on a Nigerian forum. Thank you.

I'm not convinced you're really a Pole.
If you are - and since you've been babbling on and on about how terrible and racist your country is, shouldn't you be on POLISH forums trying to work on your people?

Funny how the same people who accuse myself and Afam of being unpariotic Nigerians for not immediately defendng this fellow are not haranguing you for being an unpatriotic Pole.
Re: Nigerian Shot Dead, 32 Arrested In Market Riot In Poland by isimili: 1:28am On May 28, 2010
sad but guys there is a new group in London called Arise Nigeria which is taking on these foreign governements and challenging Nigerian govt to act in defence of their citizens in Diaspora. Check them out and sign up just like i have . For those in Diaspora always try and link up with your people once you enter a country and learn any good thing you can from them.
Re: Nigerian Shot Dead, 32 Arrested In Market Riot In Poland by Nobody: 5:16am On May 28, 2010
@texazzpete
Sorry, but I still cannot believe your attitude.
Are sure you are not a racist European in disguise?

You have not even acknowledge or shown any sympathy that a young man lost his life in a far away land.

Your attitude may expose you as either a racist European in disguise or a Nigerian with a huge inferiority  complex (who sees himself inferior to oyibo).

texazzpete:

No one 'rushed' into conclusions. All the information on hand at that moment pointed to a Nigerian man shot while trying to wrest a loaded gun from a policeman.

And what 'disgraceful attitude' am i showing? What have YOU done to improve our lot? How many 419ers in Nigeria have you confronted? How many corrupt people have you confronted? Stop this childish reasoning and utilize your brains constructively.
Re: Nigerian Shot Dead, 32 Arrested In Market Riot In Poland by Chiddysville(m): 5:58am On May 28, 2010
@ Afam and texazzpete (m)
i pray what happened to maxwell should befall you guys then, i will know whether you guys would still sound so mean and heartless. fools
Re: Nigerian Shot Dead, 32 Arrested In Market Riot In Poland by Afam(m): 8:18am On May 28, 2010
Chiddysville:

i pray what happened to maxwell should befall you guys then, i will know whether you guys would still sound so mean and heartless. fools

When you see your father tell him just that. Idiots like you would rob people and when arrested would start complaining, Go straight to hell and rot there.

GenBuhari:

@texazzpete  & afam
there was something not right about the way you two were so quick to rush to conclusion in assuming the Nigerians were in the wrong and the European police were in the right.

This is why I questioned whether you were Nigerians.

Do yo not even feel sorry for the young man who lost his life - because I never heard most of you acknowledge this.

Even if a Nigerian had committed a crime abroad we should still show some sympathy and outrage for a brother's killing a far away land.

If we Nigerian do not defend our own and ourselves who is gonna?
is it a wonder that Nigerians are disrespected  with people like you two showing this disgraeful attitude.
angry

You are using GenBuhari's name as username.

If you are not Gen Buhari then you are a scammer who could be using his name to scam people.

If you are Gen Buhari then I will expose your hypocrisy here.

Gen Buhari executed 3 Nigerians in cold blood for carrying drugs even when the crime did not carry death penalty. Gen Buhari in trying to justify the execution created a law that never existed at the time of the crime and used that to cover up the murder.

Now, the same person is talking about protecting Nigerians outside when he was busy executing Nigerians in Nigeria.

Joanna.T:

@ Afam

First of all, your reply clearly shows that you have completely misunderstood what I have written in my previous messages. You are accusing me of "justifying illegal activities" and of "supporting illegal immigrants and counterfeit business". I have not tried to "justify" illegal activities, I have only answered your question (let me remind you that you asked "Why do people engage in illegal activities ?"wink by indicating some socioeconomic factors which may induce people to engage in what you call "illegal activities". I support ALL human beings, also when they happen to be undocumented immigrants. I certainly don't support counterfeit business. I hope that those who have read my posts see how much you have distorted my words and intentions.

You state:

If it were so easy as you claim, there would be no undocumented immigrants in this world. You seem to think that some people enjoy being undocumented immigrants. It shows that either you know nothing at all about immigration and immigrants (it would be unbelievable in the case of a Nigerian !), or that you thought that you would intimidate me by this blunt but absurd answer. I am not so easily intimidated.

I have not asked texazzpete to see this film "for him to understand this issue". I have only said that this film asked some important questions on the issue of undocumented immigration. Are you really unable to see the difference ? I have not said anything condescending in my reply to texazzpete, if this is what you are trying to insinuate.  And if you really think that I would understand the problem better if I saw some Nigerian films, why don't you simply mention some titles instead of being so spiteful ?

I am simply shocked by the very unkind tone of your reply. I have never been inconsiderate to you or to texazzpete. I have never been arrogant or condescending towards you or texazzpete. I have certainly not deserved so much rudeness and spite. I cannot understand why you behave in this way. When someone is so unpleasant towards people who have not done him any harm, he usually has some serious psychological problems.

I have replied to your post only because I don't want you to think that I have been intimidated by your unkindness and malevolence. I will no longer reply to any of your posts because they simply don't deserve it.

I merely addressed the issues you raised. In my opinion you are a criminal trying to justify criminal activities so don't even imagine that I take your posts serious at all.

We have a lot of hypocrites around and you are certainly one of them.

I offered my condolences on my very first response on this thread and proceeded to comment on what the initial reports had. No apologies for that because just last year someone was shot dead by a soldier for trying to struggle with another soldier for his gun hence my position on confronting armed people whether robbers or policemen.

Even the last journalist that was murdered was reported by his brother of fighting armed robbers before he was shot.

So, based on the initial reports my positions were perfectly in order.

Why run from the police if you have nothing to hide?

Why confront an armed policeman?

For those that cannot think properly without unnecessary sentiments and bias they can go to hell.
Re: Nigerian Shot Dead, 32 Arrested In Market Riot In Poland by texazzpete(m): 8:35am On May 28, 2010
GenBuhari:

@texazzpete
Sorry, but I still cannot believe your attitude.
Are sure you are not a racist European in disguise?

Thousands of posts and several years of posting on Nairaland on very diverse topics concerning Nigeria. it's all there in my posting history. if your answer to any differing opinion is to accuse them of being a 'racist european', then i feel very sorry for you, and especially sorry for the person/people that funded your education.

GenBuhari:

Your attitude may expose you as either a racist European in disguise or a Nigerian with a huge inferiority complex (who sees himself inferior to oyibo).

Ensure you fix this provincial outlook and mentality you display ASAP. While you're at it, show me anywhere in this thread that i have displayed any racial intolerance or made any racist statement.

This was how you pack of numbskulls went about parroting Osuofia's claims that he was a victim of racism in Amsterdam until it became clear that the fellow was just being mischievous.
Re: Nigerian Shot Dead, 32 Arrested In Market Riot In Poland by texazzpete(m): 8:38am On May 28, 2010
Chiddysville:

I'm flattered you referred to me as a 'fool'. I thought you usually reserve that compliment for your close family members.

Seriously, an e-curse? What are you, 15 years old? Come back and discuss with me when you grow your first beard.
Re: Nigerian Shot Dead, 32 Arrested In Market Riot In Poland by NeedHelp: 4:09pm On May 28, 2010
AFAM and TEXAZZPETE, Seriously you guys you cannot depend on just media reports and jump to conclusions. You were not at the scene and should therefore not be passing judgement. Of course the newspapers or whatever media outlet you got your info from, are only reporting the side of the policemen who were involved. It is truly pathetic you would even believe what the officers said. Poland is as racist as they come.

First of all, I was there at the market and I was also arrested. Secondly Maxwell was not doing anything wrong aside from him standing up for another man who was being mishandled, beaten and mistreated. The market where this all unfolded is one where basically goods are sold underground. ALL countries have them. I even heard big old NY has a street called CANAL street where "fake designer wears and bags are sold", This was not a drug market. Maxwell is a legalised Pole. My friend was shot in his stomach. According to mr mariusz sokolowski the police spokesman, Maxwell was running away from the police and they asked him to stop, that was when he was shot. How did the bullet hit his stomach? shouldn't it have been a back shot?. Also if any of you have watched the video of his injury on Facebook, you would notice NOT ONE SINGLE policeman touched him. They were busy yelling and batoning people. How can a policeman not be trained to assist a man in distress? this is horrendous and uncalled for. We must all make our voices heard. The procurator in the case has asked all of us not to leave the country until the case is over, if not I for go naija go see my "babas" to send Thnuder to strike these wicked wicked indivuduals, but jokes aside this was senseless killing and they did nothing to try and help Maxwell even after they shot him. This has to stop. It is not yesterday it has been happening. Enough of these injustice Poland

texazzpete:

I'm flattered you referred to me as a 'fool'. I thought you usually reserve that compliment for your close family members.

Seriously, an e-curse? What are you, 15 years old? Come back and discuss with me when you grow your first beard.
Re: Nigerian Shot Dead, 32 Arrested In Market Riot In Poland by NeedHelp: 4:38pm On May 28, 2010
Now you just sound like a complete idiot. Don't you see for yourself the reports are now conflicting? You asked why run from a police if you have nothing to hide and then in the same statement you talk about why confront an armed policeman, Let me ask you this first; Why NOT confront an armed policeman? is that gun supposed to scare me or for them to use it to protect me when I am being attacked or someone is trying to kill me?.

You were not there and it is really unfair that you are one of those biased sell out Africans. So becos they kill one of your countrymen, automatically, he must have done something wrong? and law enforcement officials are NEVER wrong I was there. The murderer was using his baton, fist and feet(weapons of mass destruction) to mistreat a ghanian co worker of Maxwell. The Ghanian was undocumented, and did not fully understand what he was being asked to do. Maxwell steps in and he had every right to, he is a legal citizen of Poland and Human I might add, he asked why this officer was being so brutal? the officer tells Maxwell to leave now or else he will shoot him. Maxwell says "shoot me"? why would that be, is it becos I stole, or becos you think we are all immigrants here? I dare you to shoot me. That was what I heard, next thing, maxwell was on the ground, the whole market was in chaos and groups of other officers were using their batons and body parts to hit every black in sight. After the shooting, they started arresting ALL BLACKS in the markets. Mind you there are white poles that sell in that markets also and they were ignored. Like I mentioned earlier, this is a black market where goods like cheape perfumes, designer fake handbags, clothes and shoes are sold. America has this market so dies the UK. It is run mostly by foreigners for the most part and we have never heard of brutality for selling these goods before. And ALL buyers know these are not real gucci or LV so there is no deciet here. Please get your facts from both sides before you open your ignorant mouhts to rant

Afam:

So, based on the initial reports my positions were perfectly in order.

Why run from the police if you have nothing to hide?

Why confront an armed policeman?
Re: Nigerian Shot Dead, 32 Arrested In Market Riot In Poland by JoannaT: 5:16pm On May 28, 2010
@ Needhelp

Thank you very much for both your posts. I am so glad that a person who was at the scene has decided to post on this forum. I have been following the media reports in the Polish press, mainly in "Gazeta Wyborcza" (I am Polish myself). "Wyborcza" has written about two witnesses who tell a very similar story. I have written about the stories of these witnesses and posted links to them on this forum. But the two witnesses have not described the brutality of the police which must have been truly horrible judging by your story. I am going to publish very soon an article in English on this police killing on a well-known British antiracist Web site. I am a sociologist and a lecturer at one of the Polish universities. I would like very much to learn as much as possible from you on this story. I will send you a private message on this forum (where I will of course give you my real name, my workplace email address etc.) Once again many thanks to you.
Re: Nigerian Shot Dead, 32 Arrested In Market Riot In Poland by JoannaT: 5:18pm On May 28, 2010
@ NeedHelp

I am sorry for my having misspelled your nickname, I have been writing in haste.
Re: Nigerian Shot Dead, 32 Arrested In Market Riot In Poland by JoannaT: 5:45pm On May 28, 2010
@ NeedHelp

It seems that the PM function has been disabled here (at least this is what I have read somewhere on the Nairaland forum). I would like very much to get in touch with you. Please contact me by e-mail if you don't mind, my university e-mail address is visible in my profile. Thank you very much in advance.
Re: Nigerian Shot Dead, 32 Arrested In Market Riot In Poland by adconline(m): 8:04pm On May 28, 2010
NeedHelp
please could you post the facebook link
Re: Nigerian Shot Dead, 32 Arrested In Market Riot In Poland by Afam(m): 8:54pm On May 28, 2010
NeedHelp:

Now you just sound like a complete idiot. Don't you see for yourself the reports are now conflicting? You asked why run from a police if you have nothing to hide and then in the same statement you talk about why confront an armed policeman, Let me ask you this first; Why NOT confront an armed policeman? is that gun supposed to scare me or for them to use it to protect me when I am being attacked or someone is trying to kill me?.

You were not there and it is really unfair that you are one of those biased sell out Africans. So becos they kill one of your countrymen, automatically, he must have done something wrong? and law enforcement officials are NEVER wrong I was there. The murderer was using his baton, fist and feet(weapons of mass destruction) to mistreat a ghanian co worker of Maxwell. The Ghanian was undocumented, and did not fully understand what he was being asked to do. Maxwell steps in and he had every right to, he is a legal citizen of Poland and Human I might add, he asked why this officer was being so brutal? the officer tells Maxwell to leave now or else he will shoot him. Maxwell says "shoot me"? why would that be, is it becos I stole, or becos you think we are all immigrants here? I dare you to shoot me. That was what I heard, next thing, maxwell was on the ground, the whole market was in chaos and groups of other officers were using their batons and body parts to hit every black in sight. After the shooting, they started arresting ALL BLACKS in the markets. Mind you there are white poles that sell in that markets also and they were ignored. Like I mentioned earlier, this is a black market where goods like cheape perfumes, designer fake handbags, clothes and shoes are sold. America has this market so dies the UK. It is run mostly by foreigners for the most part and we have never heard of brutality for selling these goods before. And ALL buyers know these are not real gucci or LV so there is no deciet here. Please get your facts from both sides before you open your ignorant mouhts to rant

The level of comprehension here is appalling because the statement about running from the police was based on the initial reports but I guess pigs like you will never understand anything.

By the way this is an online forum and it will not take you anything to register another username to continue your support for criminal activities.

Suddenly those at the market are all signing up on NL, silly things.

You guys should continue to fool yourselves.
Re: Nigerian Shot Dead, 32 Arrested In Market Riot In Poland by Bawss1(m): 9:30pm On May 28, 2010
Why do I get the feeling that Needhelp and GenBuhari are the same person (with different usernames) or if not descend from the same stock. Maybe its because of the myopic reasoning I see displayed here.

Now watch as this statement will fuel more spiteful remarks
Re: Nigerian Shot Dead, 32 Arrested In Market Riot In Poland by Nobody: 1:19am On May 29, 2010
Why don't to tell us in more detail why you get that feeling

Bawss1:

Why do I get the feeling that Needhelp and GenBuhari are the same person (with different usernames) or if not descend from the same stock. Maybe its because of the myopic reasoning I see displayed here.

Now watch as this statement will fuel more spiteful remarks

At Afam,
You cannot be Nigerian - no way!!!
Re: Nigerian Shot Dead, 32 Arrested In Market Riot In Poland by texazzpete(m): 7:27am On May 29, 2010
GenBuhari:

Why don't to tell us in more detail why you get that feeling

At Afam,
You cannot be Nigerian - no way!!!

I'd say he's more Nigerian than you.
He stays in Nigeria, works honestly for a living and pays taxes to the Nigerian government. And no be kobo-kobo taxes either.

You sit in the UK, rooting for General Buhari - a devious individual who truncated a democracy via millitary takeover, who worked hard to silence the free press and who now is desperate to return to power even when his first tenure was stolen at gunpoint from Nigerians. This same man is a divisive element whose religious bias is well known.
And yet instead of hanging your head in shame, you dare to judge your betters on their 'Nigerian-ness'

You think patriotism is about setting up facebook groups and ranting on internet forums? Nonsense.
Re: Nigerian Shot Dead, 32 Arrested In Market Riot In Poland by Nobody: 8:22am On May 29, 2010
So there are degrees of being Nigerian now?
If Afam and you are Nigerians (i still have my doubts), then you both appear to suffer from huge inferiority complex.

Regards General Buhari if you wish to debate about him, then by all means comment on the thread I started :

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-452896.0.html

He was the best leader we had in last 40year
Despite only serving 20months before being overthrown by the useless and evil IBB,
He was :
The only non-corrupt and anti-corruption leader
The only leader to imprison 600 corrupt politicians and businessmen and tried to recover their loot.
Only ex-leader not living in opulence
Why do you think the corrupt thieves like IBB an OBJ have been doing their best to prevent Buhari returning to power?

Please do your research first before commenting.
Re: Nigerian Shot Dead, 32 Arrested In Market Riot In Poland by Afam(m): 11:02am On May 29, 2010
GenBuhari:

So there are degrees of being Nigerian now?
If Afam and you are Nigerians (i still have my doubts), then you both appear to suffer from huge inferiority complex.

Seems you are the one that is suffering from inferiority complex by using Buhari's name on a forum as a username. Everything about you smells like scam and you know it. You lack basic comprehension skills and cannot even answer questions correctly when asked. You need help.
Re: Nigerian Shot Dead, 32 Arrested In Market Riot In Poland by thameamead(f): 12:27pm On May 29, 2010
A Nigerian tourist Mr Frank Ogboru died in the street after bn restrained by police on the 6th of May 2008. He was sprayed with CS gas and pinned down, the police gave a different account but sadly for them, it was all captured on CCTV. You guys can google the article it. It was reported on Channel 4 this week. The guy could be heard screaming "i can't breathe". He was an innocent man but he's dead thanks to the British Police. its a shame it's not bn widely reported by the media, oh well, he was was not a celebrity.
Re: Nigerian Shot Dead, 32 Arrested In Market Riot In Poland by thameamead(f): 12:29pm On May 29, 2010
@Joanna.T, a big kiss from me.
Re: Nigerian Shot Dead, 32 Arrested In Market Riot In Poland by uche77: 1:40pm On May 29, 2010
Hi friends,

I just want to use this little time i have because i may not live in the next hr(life is not guaranted) to express how sad and bitter i am on polish police, now i begin to realize why on every look and corners on the streets of most poland big cities one thing one has to notice is an inscription which says in polish(H.W.D.P) huj w dupa policji.which means in english bleep the police ass.That also shows me that relationship among police and the people of poland is not cordial.now to come to the incident that took away the life of my bossom friend Maxwell Itoya(R.I.P.P)Amen.i have come to realize that the police spokesman mr mariusz sokolowski just simply said that what happened might be that the guy may be trying to free from the police before he was shot,other news is that the victim is trying to snatch the police mans pistol before  he was shot.mr sokolowski simply said it might be what happened not what happened,so for anybody to assume that it was what happened that person might be inviting the wrath of God on him or herself.I was arrested and detained too simply because i was a black guy,other guys where also arrested on different spots simply because there are blacks,if u ask the police why arresting u the answer is simply because black guys are demostrating and thats why am arresting you.What happened on that ugly sunday morning is just that the police man was questioning one cameroun guy on the process the police get agressive and started maltreating the guy so bad even though he has handcuffed him wrestled him to the ground with his knee on his back neck,so the guy who was shot came to him start pleading with him to get the boy up at least he has been handcuffed and asking him why maltreating the guy like that,so the police push him backward ans told him to get out of here or i will shoot u,the guy refuse to go just beacuse he cant leave the cameroun guy alone while the police is maltreating him like that.when the police ask him the second time to go or i shoot the guy didnt go he just brought out his gun and shoot him, he tried to help to revive the guy but when he saw that blood is gushing so much and the crowd are gathering so much he just left the guy in the hand of other peolple who is helping him to revive the victim and escaped through the back.but in the news the police spokesman was saying that the victim could have been saved if not because people started to attack the police man and they have to leave the guy,all is lie nobody lay hand or touch the police man the video is there for everybody to see and watch, the police man who shot him is the one on strip t-shirt holding his gun he simply get up and walk away on his own,nobody attacked him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saqo6AKeVNA
it is only when people heard that the guy is dead that out of annoyance they started demostrating and one police van glasess was smashed and another small car front windscreen was broken.the riot police that was sent to maintain peace and order started to arrest any human that is black.32 of us was arrested,29 nigerians,1 camerounian,1 guinean and 1 india man who every weekend bring african food from his shop to sale to us at the open market,also popularly know as bazar in poland.we were taking to police station around 1pm,we were there over 12 hrs with handcuffs,all protocol was taken,was tested for achohol,later the next day monday morning we was taking to hospital around 2am after routine check by the doctor which finishes around 4am we were taking to different detention centers were none of us was detened together,each and everyone of us separetly.we were taking to procurator around 8pm with police van,was arraingned before the procurator,was charged for attacking the police.The procurator bail us and gave decision that we will be reporting to police station twice a week,submit our international passport and will not leave poland untill the end of the case.
Re: Nigerian Shot Dead, 32 Arrested In Market Riot In Poland by Afam(m): 2:15pm On May 29, 2010
That's a sad one.

I guess we learn everyday from other peoples mistakes as insisting on learning from ours may lead to death.

Now, I applaud the Nigerians courage in attempting to defend a fellow black man but I am against his decision not to leave the scene when the policeman asked him to or he will be shot.

No reasonable person dares another with a gun unless the person is armed himself.

We should learn to understand the difference between bravery and unnecessary risks.

May the soul of the dead guy rest in peace and may we learn a thing or two from the incident.

I don't believe in solving problems that could be avoided.
Re: Nigerian Shot Dead, 32 Arrested In Market Riot In Poland by JoannaT: 3:42pm On May 29, 2010
@ thameamead

Thank you very much ! Thank you also for having mentioned the very sad case of Frank Ogboru. "Research shows that black people are disproportionately likely to suffer restraint-related deaths", wrote Laura Smith in an article on this case published by "The Guardian" ("Investigation launched as man dies during arrest", 28 September 2006, http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2006/sep/28/laurasmith). It is unfortunately possible that many European policemen behave more brutally towards black men than towards other men, which may be influenced by a racist image of black men (who are viewed by racists as more aggressive and dangerous than other men). The existing stereotypes on black men may at least partly explain the behaviour of the Polish policeman.
Re: Nigerian Shot Dead, 32 Arrested In Market Riot In Poland by JoannaT: 3:49pm On May 29, 2010
@ uche77

Many thanks for having shared your story with us. I am writing an article on Maxwell Itoya's death which will be soon published on a well-known British antiracist Web site. I am Polish, a sociologist and a lecturer at one of the Polish universities. I would be very grateful if you could contact me by e-mail (my address is visible in my profile). Thank you very much in advance.
Re: Nigerian Shot Dead, 32 Arrested In Market Riot In Poland by Nobody: 9:27pm On May 29, 2010
Afam, you have totally discredited yourself.
I advise you to stop embarrassing yourself.

RIP to Frank and Maxwell, my sincere sympathies goes out to their families.
Re: Nigerian Shot Dead, 32 Arrested In Market Riot In Poland by Afam(m): 9:41pm On May 29, 2010
GenBuhari:

Afam, you have totally discredited yourself.
I advise you to stop embarrassing yourself.

RIP to Frank and Maxwell, my sincere sympathies goes out to their families.

Advice from a scammer like you is meaningless. Stop impersonating others first then you can be taken seriously otherwise your comments will be treated like those coming from criminals looking for others to defraud while using other peoples names.
Re: Nigerian Shot Dead, 32 Arrested In Market Riot In Poland by uche77: 11:04pm On May 29, 2010
Hi friends,
It will please me to let each and everyone here to know that on saturday a day before the police man shot and kill Maxwell,he(the policeman)has aggresively maltreated one guy name Eric so badly that the guy nearly die from suffocation,the police man caught him handcuff him wrestle him to the ground and uses his knee to press the guy to the ground that the guy was struggling to breath,it is people around that start shouting to him saying some words like chcesz go zabije(do you want to kill him),zostaw go(leave him)including polish people also lay abuses on him before he sees that the crowd is getting bigger he now get his knee off the boy and took him away.the same day he later came to where we are eating and say that he must deal with us,i strongly believe and swear in the name of God that the police man really prepare do deal with us that sunday morning,he really came for action probably not to kill but the truth is that he see us as those he can easily dealt with,those he can slap,kick,brutalize with no one questioning him,for those of u in this forum who dont know the market in question,the least people on that market are black people while the majority are vietnamese.bulgarians,romanians,armenians,pakistanis,ukranians etc also consist the numbers.the Armenians are those who deal on most illegal and fake products in the said market like fake cigarette,spiritus,perfumes and wears.i heard somebody mentioning that the guy might be running cos he might have drugs with him.,the police,God knows that since the esistence of that market till date no black guy has ever caught for drugs.the police knows what each and every foreigners(immigrant) on that market deal on.
Re: Nigerian Shot Dead, 32 Arrested In Market Riot In Poland by rhymz(m): 2:39am On May 30, 2010
Afam and the other Guy, no need to get unneccessarily worked up and insulting,leave such behaviour to kidz like bbk/baby,sjeezy and their likes. While I understand that U guyz were trying to be objective and unbiase, Ur judgemental tone and hasty assumptions betrayed it. It is pointless carrying on like this is some battle to be won, admit it that the two of U started off on the wrong notion with Ur comments. The other guy even tried to downplay and trivialize the issue by implying that since similar incident has occured in our own country and some random neighbouring country, it should die a natural death and be given a decent burial. Need I remind U two that this is about fairness, justice and accurate reportage, not some political ideology where mere logic and political knowledge are used to explain and make arguements. When I first read about this story, the polish police spokesperson first claimed that the deceased scuffled with the policeman for his gun and in the process got shot,they even painted a picture of a hostile mob pelting them with stones without provocation, then I read another version from thesame polish police dept claiming this time, that the deceased was shot dead when the handgun of the policeman went off with the deceased pinned to the crowd and a hostile crowd trying to lynch the policeman. Now, reading all these conflicting reports only points to one fact-sb is trying so hard to distort the truth of what really happened- and that is where lies the core of the issue not all these sophist arguements that U,Afam and texazpete have been making here all the while. Even when snowdrop tried to expose and show U the folly in those claims, U pair were more interested in coming across as the most discerning of the "pack" of us that saw the murder for what it is. Yes, anyone can claim Nigerians ve the worse vices U can ever think of, it is their opinion and that in itself is open to debate but to use that as a pretext to form the basis of Ur arguements and make hasty assumptions and close-end arguement is cruel and myopic. The two of U make it look like objectivity is all about not taking sides with Nigeria even when there is an open case of injustice. Am even surprised that Afam of all ppl will be towing this line of arguement even after Joaana T who obviously has more and better information on the issue pointed out to U that there was neither a scuffle for the policeman's gun nor was the deceased in any flight of escape, U arrogantly continued thesame arguement and later descended to antagonism. Seriously guyz, it will cost U noting to admit it that U started off on the wrong notion and stop splitting hair. Abeg U and that Texazpete guy should slow Ur rolls and stop being unneccessarily combative, discernment and objectivity are the two words that ve evaded all Ur posts on this particular thread. At least, the two of U should respect the fact that an innocent man died here and the fact that it has some racial undertones should make anyone shudder in contempt and condemn it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

UK To Fight Boko Haram / Pics Of The Burnt Onitsha Mosques........nothing Was Left Out Even Blocks. / Buhari Presents Budget To National Assembly December 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.