Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,875 members, 7,817,577 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:47 PM

Unlawful Detention By The Police - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Unlawful Detention By The Police (1116 Views)

Glory Okolie -I Was Raped & Made A Slave In Detention By Abba Kyari's IRT- Video / Ismaila Mustapha Sues EFCC For N5 Million Over Unlawful Detention / ANOTHER Unlawful Detention Of Nabila Sanda Galadima For Converting From Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unlawful Detention By The Police by Windflower(f): 5:32pm On May 15, 2018
So I have been hearing stories of how the police would just start arresting any body in trousers once it is night.
Then they would have to pay an exorbitant amount of money to bail themselves the next day.
My dad came back yesterday night around 8:40pm,called me to tell my younger ones to wash his car that he would be back. Till 12am we didn't see him ,we were calling him no one was picking,till this morning his number was not going through. I was seriously scared,cos I knew definitely something has happened,it was unlike him not to give us a call even if he wouldn't be coming home. Around 9am this morning he came home and told us what happened. He was walking towards the express at about 9pm when police started making their arrest,he said he didn't run cos he knew he didn't commit any crime only for him to be arrested and kept in a small room with over 30 people.
Now this is a man of over 60 years,its not like he was caught with any illegal arms,he was arrested for walking on our street and made to pay illegal money.
I am seriously fuming,what if he had died in the small room of suffocation. I once heard the story of a man who was hypertensive,he died on hearing his son was arrested unlawfully just Like this.
To what extent would the police treat us citizens like trash,they are civil servants and should be held accountable for their actions.
I don't know but how I wished I could have caught them on camera so that the whole world can know but I know there are powerful people here, so please if there is anything you can do so people can know what's going on. My mum specifically told my brothers in the university not to come home this period because of this issue. This is not for me but for people who has been suffering in silence,they arrested my dad yesterday who knows who it will be today. Its has now become a regular source of income for them
Re: Unlawful Detention By The Police by thesicilian: 5:37pm On May 15, 2018
Greatest security threats to Nigerians today:
1. Boko Haram
2. Fulani Herdsmen
3. APC / Buhari
4. SARS
5. The Nigerian Police
6. Armed Robbers
7. Badoo
8. Ritualists

1 Like

Re: Unlawful Detention By The Police by chukwuibuipob: 5:38pm On May 15, 2018
sad probably u live around surulere,mushin,Agege,dopemu,yaba.Those are the notorious place dey arrest people going out/sleeping in front of their house and forcefully extort from dem..Upon all d bribe dem dey collect up/down,dey look like a RAG

1 Like

Re: Unlawful Detention By The Police by Skyfornia(m): 6:16pm On May 15, 2018
My dear water don pass garri for we country...the best is to make friend with any top military personnel, in a time like this, give him a call and your dad would be released instanta. Na only military personnels and armed robbers dey scare our policemen.
Re: Unlawful Detention By The Police by orbgoblin: 6:23pm On May 15, 2018
policemonitor@npf.gov.ng
report to that email and give relevant details as to what really happened. these guys are scum. I know someone they picked like that some years back and when he got to the station, they tried to intimidate him into writing a false statement confessing that he was an armed robber. that is how dangerous the Nigeria police is.
Re: Unlawful Detention By The Police by Windflower(f): 6:23pm On May 15, 2018
chukwuibuipob:
sad prcobably u live around surulere,mushin,Agege,dopemu,yaba.Those are the notorious place dey arrest people going out/sleeping in front of their house and forcefully extort from dem..Upon all d bribe dem dey collect up/down,dey look like a RAG
So is it a crime to stay in one of this places,I stay in surulere
Re: Unlawful Detention By The Police by Windflower(f): 6:24pm On May 15, 2018
orbgoblin:
policemonitor@npf.gov.ng
report to that email and give relevant details as to what really happened. these guys are scum. I know someone they picked like that some years back and when he got to the station, they tried to intimidate him into writing a false statement confessing that he was an armed robber. that is how dangerous the Nigeria police is.
Ok, I will do that but I doubt if they would really take it up
Re: Unlawful Detention By The Police by Windflower(f): 6:26pm On May 15, 2018
Skyfornia:
My dear water don pass garri for we country...the best is to make friend with any top military personnel, in a time like this, give him a call and your dad would be released instanta. Na only military personnels and armed robbers dey scare our policemen.
He is home already,but its the money he paid that is annoying me. Money that he is still gathering to pay my siblings school fee and some idiot just collected what they didn't work for. This thing has been happening for far too long and nothing is been done
Re: Unlawful Detention By The Police by Skyfornia(m): 6:53pm On May 15, 2018
Windflower:

He is home already,but its the money he paid that is annoying me. Money that he is still gathering to pay my siblings school fee and some idiot just collected what they didn't work for. This thing has been happening for far too long and nothing is been done

Okay, my suggestion was to avoid future occurrence. BTW, I read your diaries and I was impressed, you are intelligent and funny at the same time. Love the way you poured everything out. I was expecting to see 'height' as your second reason for buying high heels, lol. And the part you were farting in class got me..lol.

Can we be friends? If yes, check my signature and beep me on Whatsapp.
Re: Unlawful Detention By The Police by orbgoblin: 7:07pm On May 15, 2018
or just follow this link. I just googled it and it shows a detailed approach to go about dealing with those shitbags. https://lawpadi.com/make-complaint-police-officer-nigeria/
Windflower:

Ok, I will do that but I doubt if they would really take it up
Re: Unlawful Detention By The Police by chukwuibuipob: 7:56pm On May 15, 2018
sad
Windflower:

undecided
Windflower:

did i say so?
Re: Unlawful Detention By The Police by Windflower(f): 4:15pm On May 23, 2018
orbgoblin:
or just follow this link. I just googled it and it shows a detailed approach to go about dealing with those shitbags. https://lawpadi.com/make-complaint-police-officer-nigeria/
I already did and nothing concrete came out. Thanks anyway
Re: Unlawful Detention By The Police by Preciouzword: 4:16pm On May 23, 2018
Check out the 17years old who was groomed and abused by a 34 years old when she was 15 via Tweeter
https://momsall.com/social-media-social-protection-for-children-teenage-grooming/
Re: Unlawful Detention By The Police by Windflower(f): 4:21pm On May 23, 2018
Skyfornia:

Okay, my suggestion was to avoid future occurrence. BTW, I read your diaries and I was impressed, you are intelligent and funny at the same time. Love the way you poured everything out. I was expecting to see 'height' as your second reason for buying high heels, lol. And the part you were farting in class got me..lol.

Can we be friends? If yes, check my signature and beep me on Whatsapp.
cheesy cheesy,the height is one of the reasons for the high heel tho but not entirely
Re: Unlawful Detention By The Police by Skyfornia(m): 9:32pm On May 23, 2018
Windflower:

cheesy cheesy,the height is one of the reasons for the high heel tho but not entirely

Okay...you didn't oblige my WhatsApp request
Re: Unlawful Detention By The Police by Pat081: 4:33am On May 24, 2018
Give thanks to God dat ur father is back home now those people hv no joy at all n dey dnt use to remember that their journey ends after 35yrs dey should go n look at the life of some of those ex police officer how their life use to end [color=#550000][/color]
Windflower:
So I have been hearing stories of how the police would just start arresting any body in trousers once it is night.
Then they would have to pay an exorbitant amount of money to bail themselves the next day.
My dad came back yesterday night around 8:40pm,called me to tell my younger ones to wash his car that he would be back. Till 12am we didn't see him ,we were calling him no one was picking,till this morning his number was not going through. I was seriously scared,cos I knew definitely something has happened,it was unlike him not to give us a call even if he wouldn't be coming home. Around 9am this morning he came home and told us what happened. He was walking towards the express at about 9pm when police started making their arrest,he said he didn't run cos he knew he didn't commit any crime only for him to be arrested and kept in a small room with over 30 people.
Now this is a man of over 60 years,its not like he was caught with any illegal arms,he was arrested for walking on our street and made to pay illegal money.
I am seriously fuming,what if he had died in the small room of suffocation. I once heard the story of a man who was hypertensive,he died on hearing his son was arrested unlawfully just Like this.
To what extent would the police treat us citizens like trash,they are civil servants and should be held accountable for their actions.
I don't know but how I wished I could have caught them on camera so that the whole world can know but I know there are powerful people here, so please if there is anything you can do so people can know what's going on. My mum specifically told my brothers in the university not to come home this period because of this issue. This is not for me but for people who has been suffering in silence,they arrested my dad yesterday who knows who it will be today. Its has now become a regular source of income for them

Re: Unlawful Detention By The Police by Dami12345: 12:44pm On Jul 22, 2018
Windflower:

I already did and nothing concrete came out. Thanks anyway

You knew already what will happen.
BTW I read your diary, it was nice, I know your an introvert and all so a distance thing should be fine with you.
I'll like us to be pen pals, is that even a thing now?
Maybe mail pals.

I think you have an amazing mind. Am curious to see what ideas you have.
Re: Unlawful Detention By The Police by Windflower(f): 9:13pm On Jul 22, 2018
Dami12345:

You knew already what will happen.
BTW I read your diary, it was nice, I know your an introvert and all so a distance thing should be fine with you.
I'll like us to be pen pals, is that even a thing now?
Maybe mail pals.

I think you have an amazing mind. Am curious to see what ideas you have.
No problem, cheesy cheesy
Re: Unlawful Detention By The Police by Dami12345: 10:26pm On Jul 22, 2018
Windflower:

No problem, cheesy cheesy

Sent you the first mail.
Re: Unlawful Detention By The Police by HoodBillionaire: 8:11am On Jul 23, 2018
God is never coming to Nigeria

(1) (Reply)

Commotion In South Africa, As Two Nigerians Get Murdered In Cold Blood (Pics) / Husband Vacancy? Two Married Woman Fight, Strip Themselves Over A Man Whose Wife / Criminal Activities At Ikoyi Marriage Registry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.