Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,028 members, 7,818,032 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:38 AM

Some Ongoing Island Projects In Lagos. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Some Ongoing Island Projects In Lagos. (46376 Views)

Some Ongoing Projects Edo People Will Benefit From From By Voting PDP / Some Ongoing Projects Edo People Will Benefit From By Voting PDP / Some Ongoing Projects By Buhari In South East (anambra) (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Ongoing Island Projects In Lagos. by wristbangle: 11:14pm On May 15, 2018
laudate:

In fact, I feel hurt when I think about Ogun state. sad By now it ought to be a mini-Lagos. undecided Can you imagine, that Ogun state also has extensive waterfront along the Ipokia, Iwopin, Ibiade & Ogun waterside area? The state govt should encourage massive development of resorts, estates, hospitality outlets etc, along the shoreline in those areas, and invest in water transportation, to encourage people to commute by boat & ferry, from Ogun state to Lagos.

I hear there's a concrete jetty in Iwopin, and the distance from Iwopin to Epe & Lekki in Lagos Island, is less than an hour using a speed boat, and about 2 hours with big local boats. undecided

Bro, your wealth of knowledge will never fail you in life, please say amen. You have said it all.

5 Likes

Re: Some Ongoing Island Projects In Lagos. by wristbangle: 11:21pm On May 15, 2018
Yoruba4Life:

Good to know.. I thought he was an okoro 'pig'. grin

I got zero chill for their nonsense, I swear! angry

grin Mad guy!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Ongoing Island Projects In Lagos. by jidxin(m): 11:37pm On May 15, 2018
laudate:

Where...exactly?? shocked After reclaiming land in silly proportions from the lagoon? How come nobody has seen these storm drainages and aqueducts, yet? We are not talking about those shallow gutters that line our streets, and are hardly ever cleared when they get blocked, o! Am talking about a serious complex underground network of tunnels, aqueducts and storm channels used to drain off and canalize flood water away from streets, and districts into the rivers and the lagoon.

U obviously don't stay in lag or u are new in Lagos.... Lagos is just below d sea level most especially ikoyi.

shocked Anyway, water will always find its level....
Re: Some Ongoing Island Projects In Lagos. by deomelo: 11:45pm On May 15, 2018
Efewestern:

I still don't know Why the refinery wasn't sited in Ondo as earlier proposed , At least Ondo has the natural resources to run the refinery, Everything must not be in Lag.

Ogun is another state to look out for.

Mimiko and the PDP were playing games and Fashola moved in to lure Dangote and his $15 billion largest single refinery in the world to Lagos state.

Fashola deserved a statute in Lagos state for that single act. $15 billion investment and it's massive IGR, huge manufacturing and industrial effects are just endless..

7 Likes

Re: Some Ongoing Island Projects In Lagos. by aribisala0(m): 11:47pm On May 15, 2018
laudate:
You see why flooding in Lagos will continue whenever there is heavy rainfall? All the natural harbours, creeks and water channels, through which the lagoon and rivers drain out into the sea and other places, are being blocked by these silly land reclamation schemes which cater only to the rich.

What Lagos Island, Lekki, Victoria Island etc needs right now are a network of well constructed storm drains and aqueducts, to get floodwater quickly out of such areas into the lagoons and adjoining streams. sad But no, they won't do that. They are just busy spending more money to reclaim land for the idle rich.

Make una fear God nah! angry
Uche again? Why not face your work?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Ongoing Island Projects In Lagos. by Nobody: 11:47pm On May 15, 2018
Oceannaagent:

Yes that's the website, but if you are interested in the offer call my number on my signature both for sightseeing and so on.
Kk...
Will get to u, lemme consult with my PA.

2 Likes

Re: Some Ongoing Island Projects In Lagos. by deomelo: 11:49pm On May 15, 2018
laudate:

In fact, I feel hurt when I think about Ogun state. sad By now it ought to be a mini-Lagos. undecided Can you imagine, that Ogun state also has extensive waterfront along the Ipokia, Iwopin, Ibiade & Ogun waterside area? The state govt should encourage massive development of resorts, estates, hospitality outlets etc, along the shoreline in those areas, and invest in water transportation, to encourage people to commute by boat & ferry, from Ogun state to Lagos.

I hear there's a concrete jetty in Iwopin, and the distance from Iwopin to Epe & Lekki in Lagos Island, is less than an hour using a speed boat, and about 2 hours with big local boats. undecided

Ogun state will get there, they are just getting started and it's just a matter of time. Ogun state is basically starting from scratch, unlike Lagos .

1 Like

Re: Some Ongoing Island Projects In Lagos. by adegeye38(m): 11:53pm On May 15, 2018
wristbangle:
With the completion of these projects plus Eko Atlantic city, other states in Nigeria should forget about catching up with Lagos. The pace of development in the state is mind blowing.

Ogun state ought to be the sister of Lagos but the governor is only focusing in the state capital leaving the most important areas generating huge IGR in shambles.

Lalasticlala, your attention is needed.
which idiotic mind blowing pace??, 58 years after independence, d mainland is still dirty and undeveloped, still cant boast of 24 hrs light despite massisve igr, d infrastructure on lagos island has been put in place by d colonial masters, Lagos is africas ,5th largest economy and for that, the whole of lagos should be finer than london by now

3 Likes

Re: Some Ongoing Island Projects In Lagos. by laudate: 11:54pm On May 15, 2018
aribisala0:
Uche again? Why not face your work?
Is Uche your middle name?

Re: Some Ongoing Island Projects In Lagos. by laudate: 11:55pm On May 15, 2018
wristbangle:
Bro, your wealth of knowledge will never fail you in life, please say amen. You have said it all.

Amen! cheesy cool
Re: Some Ongoing Island Projects In Lagos. by Ademoore07(m): 12:11am On May 16, 2018
Efewestern:

I still don't know Why the refinery wasn't sited in Ondo as earlier proposed , At least Ondo has the natural resources to run the refinery, Everything must not be in Lag.

It wasn't sited in Ondo due to the corrupt nature of Mimiko. The man requested for 5 % income from dangote's profit and also requested that their agreement should be documented. That's why they hate each other till date.

1 Like

Re: Some Ongoing Island Projects In Lagos. by Ademoore07(m): 12:16am On May 16, 2018
afroniger:

Dangote's original intention was to site it in Ondo, but Ondo state government and the host community were giving Dangote problems so Fashola wooed him to Lagos and the rest they say is history. Mimiko messed up big time by his lack of leadership over the issue.

I'm from that area. The host community have no issues with dangote. Mimiko is a corrupt criminal. He was planning on how to make money from dangote since he won't be in any political office again after his tenure. He requested for 5% profit made by the refinery if completed and must also be documented. Dangote declined. Mimiko don't even want any developmental project within ondo south. The same reason why they don't vote him in that area.

3 Likes

Re: Some Ongoing Island Projects In Lagos. by noah91(m): 4:29am On May 16, 2018
Efewestern:

Mimiko spoilt everything with his greediness. He wanted a certain percentage

2 Likes

Re: Some Ongoing Island Projects In Lagos. by Dindondin(m): 5:33am On May 16, 2018
wristbangle:
With the completion of these projects plus Eko Atlantic city, other states in Nigeria should forget about catching up with Lagos. The pace of development in the state is mind blowing.

Ogun state ought to be the sister of Lagos but the governor is only focusing in the state capital leaving the most important areas generating huge IGR in shambles.

Lalasticlala, your attention is needed.
The capital of Ogun State sef no fine like that. That Amuson is something else

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Some Ongoing Island Projects In Lagos. by Oceannaagent: 6:35am On May 16, 2018
kingkakaone:
Kk... Will get to u, lemme consult with my PA.
Are you in lagos sir?
Re: Some Ongoing Island Projects In Lagos. by Revolva(m): 7:03am On May 16, 2018
Re: Some Ongoing Island Projects In Lagos. by justtoodark: 7:40am On May 16, 2018
laudate:
You see why flooding in Lagos will continue whenever there is heavy rainfall? All the natural harbours, creeks and water channels, through which the lagoon and rivers drain out into the sea and other places, are being blocked by these silly land reclamation schemes which cater only to the rich.

What Lagos Island, Lekki, Victoria Island etc needs right now are a network of well constructed storm drains and aqueducts, to get floodwater quickly out of such areas into the lagoons and adjoining streams. sad But no, they won't do that. They are just busy spending more money to reclaim land for the idle rich.

Make una fear God nah! angry

the rich were always scared of the poor........

igbos think its about tribes.....

not realy....

its about the rich and the poor........!!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Some Ongoing Island Projects In Lagos. by justtoodark: 7:47am On May 16, 2018
kayfra:

Go and build aqueducts in Anambra grin

we are deltans....dont insult us by calling us igbos.....

we are not igbos....!!!!.... angry angry angry angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Some Ongoing Island Projects In Lagos. by justtoodark: 7:51am On May 16, 2018
laudate:

Is Anambra your home town?

tell am...this yorubas should shvt the fvck up too..... angry angry angry angry

as if we deltans care about them or igbos..... angry angry
Re: Some Ongoing Island Projects In Lagos. by Goke7: 8:49am On May 16, 2018
laudate:

Am from Ogun state and serious am disappointed cos by now half of the Lagos population would have been living in ogun state if the previous and present govt knew what they were doing.

Truth is most of our folks in govt don't understand the meaning of development.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Ongoing Island Projects In Lagos. by Goke7: 8:56am On May 16, 2018
deomelo:

Mimiko and the PDP were playing games and Fashola moved in to lure Dangote and his $15 billion largest single refinery in the world to Lagos state.

Fashola deserved a statute in Lagos state for that single act. $15 billion investment and it's massive IGR, huge manufacturing and industrial effects are just endless..
Sentiments aside, a fashola less than 60 yrs old deserve to be Nigeria's President. His work ethic is yet to be dusted by any living Nigerian politician. is he perfect, of course no but he's got results, may be only the late awolowo surpasses.

I pray we will be free from religious and ethnic sentiments one day. That is our bane for fast paced development

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Ongoing Island Projects In Lagos. by Cuteamigo1(m): 9:14am On May 16, 2018
i laugh in swahili. Abuja how market?
Re: Some Ongoing Island Projects In Lagos. by Horus(m): 9:15am On May 16, 2018
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3274269_1520408224448f801fac7c_jpeg1df66cf3f3d786d863d772498d184d6f

Orange Island

Orange Island is said to be an improvement on it's elder brothers design and concept, presently being developed by a consortium of Private developers and dredging done by FW Dredging Limited, with these World Class projects presently on going in the centre of Excellence, Lagos is surely on its way to becoming a truly global city.
Re: Some Ongoing Island Projects In Lagos. by ba7man(m): 9:24am On May 16, 2018
adegeye38:
which idiotic mind blowing pace??, 58 years after independence, d mainland is still dirty and undeveloped, still cant boast of 24 hrs light despite massisve igr, d infrastructure on lagos island has been put in place by d colonial masters, Lagos is africas ,5th largest economy and for that, the whole of lagos should be finer than london by now
Google the effects of over-crowding in a city.

Lagos is one of the worst examples in the world.
Re: Some Ongoing Island Projects In Lagos. by Nobody: 10:24am On May 16, 2018
Oceannaagent:
Are you in lagos sir?
Nope, PH. But I will be interested in such project.
Re: Some Ongoing Island Projects In Lagos. by moredeed: 10:47am On May 16, 2018
what does it cost to have the least apartment in oceanna and what is the number of rooms that makes up apartment
Re: Some Ongoing Island Projects In Lagos. by Oceannaagent: 3:48pm On May 16, 2018
kingkakaone:

Nope, PH.
But I will be interested in such project.
OK no problem, I will arrange a meeting with you anytime you are in lagos. A nairalander was in our office today, he was so interested, check my signature for my personal detail
Re: Some Ongoing Island Projects In Lagos. by deomelo: 4:02pm On May 16, 2018
Yoruba4Life:

Good to know.. I thought he was an okoro 'pig'. grin

I got zero chill for their nonsense, I swear! angry

I the reason for the confusion.

He sometimes sounds like a village ipob or maybe they hijack his handle sometimes.
Re: Some Ongoing Island Projects In Lagos. by 4kDdullard: 4:23pm On May 16, 2018
adegeye38:
leave the idiot that might be typing that trash from the popular brown roof ibadan slum.
Ask him to show you any property that he owns in Ajegunle, Lagos let alone the middle class region of Lagos he will start sweating like Buhari and APC finding it hard to show Nigerians a single project they initiated and completed after 3years.
Re: Some Ongoing Island Projects In Lagos. by deomelo: 5:45pm On May 16, 2018
Azure Peninsular under construction

Credit: Eko Atlantic City

1 Like

Re: Some Ongoing Island Projects In Lagos. by Nobody: 10:29pm On May 16, 2018
Oceannaagent:

OK no problem, I will arrange a meeting with you anytime you are in lagos. A nairalander was in our office today, he was so interested, check my signature for my personal detail
I'm following u on NL.
Just relax, I will contact u, I need advice before taking actions.
Re: Some Ongoing Island Projects In Lagos. by Oceannaagent: 11:18pm On May 16, 2018
kingkakaone:
I'm following u on NL. Just relax, I will contact u, I need advice before taking actions.
OK sir.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FG Sacks 2 Contractors Over Delay In Disbursement Of Cash Transfer / Simon Ekpa Released / Troops Ambush Boko Haram Terrorists At Major Cattle Market In Borno. See Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.