Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,636 members, 7,820,230 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:51 AM

Ernest Izevbigie Sues Nigerian Breweries For Misleading People About Malt Drink - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ernest Izevbigie Sues Nigerian Breweries For Misleading People About Malt Drink (38136 Views)

COVID-19: Nigerian Breweries Plc Announces ₦600 Million Support / Is Tomato Paste Mixed With Cocacola Or Malt A Natural Blood Tonic? (video) / Can Mixing Malt And Milk Give Blood? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ernest Izevbigie Sues Nigerian Breweries For Misleading People About Malt Drink by Ugosample(m): 8:31am On May 16, 2018
Lucid1:
I pity most of our youths, reading some of the unconstructive comments on page 1 is shameful.
The low sugar tag is deceptive going by the ex-VC's findings, let's wait and see how the defense prove their case. Interesting case

Simple and short!

I wonder why Nigerians are like this

1 Like

Re: Ernest Izevbigie Sues Nigerian Breweries For Misleading People About Malt Drink by Nobody: 8:32am On May 16, 2018
The normal malt contains 10. 5 cubes okay, a right thinking person that sees low sugar expects at least half that quantity of sugar. I'm with the ex-VC on this one.
Lazy thinkers everywhere

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ernest Izevbigie Sues Nigerian Breweries For Misleading People About Malt Drink by lecowas: 8:47am On May 16, 2018
I had no idea malt contains at least 10 cubes of sugar. In my ignorance, I'll boast to people I don't take coke,fanta & other soft drinks but only malt.(because of the sugar content). Chai, I don suffer!
This Prof earns my respect, thanks so much for the revelation.
10 cubes of sugar? What da heck!
cry

1 Like

Re: Ernest Izevbigie Sues Nigerian Breweries For Misleading People About Malt Drink by poseidon12: 8:48am On May 16, 2018
Interesting case. Way to go. This should help to keep the companies honest.
Re: Ernest Izevbigie Sues Nigerian Breweries For Misleading People About Malt Drink by Temin(m): 8:55am On May 16, 2018
Prof cry out not because he needs some cheap bribe from the company but he is shouting for the voiceless. If our big men cry out in this way we will have a strong push against unfriendly customer services
Re: Ernest Izevbigie Sues Nigerian Breweries For Misleading People About Malt Drink by GindoX(m): 9:09am On May 16, 2018
obaataaokpaewu:
10 cubes against 10 cubes and a half or 10 cubes and a quarter. Lol
That means the half and quarter is what made Amstel Malt low sugar

Sense no go kill you.
Re: Ernest Izevbigie Sues Nigerian Breweries For Misleading People About Malt Drink by GindoX(m): 9:11am On May 16, 2018
great664:
Who takes Nigeria ingredients serious... You will see Bread filled with Bromate and Label BROMATE FREE

Werin be bromate self?
Re: Ernest Izevbigie Sues Nigerian Breweries For Misleading People About Malt Drink by GindoX(m): 9:13am On May 16, 2018
yeyerolling:
No wonder i cum under 30 seconds

Bro, we dey same page óò.. When u get solution, halla me.
Re: Ernest Izevbigie Sues Nigerian Breweries For Misleading People About Malt Drink by DeRay98(m): 9:22am On May 16, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Mumu man looking for where to make a quick harvest.
How can a Nigerian VC not know that there is no consumer protection right in Nigeria?

He should not disturb us with his Diabetes woes.
Nigerian Breweries does not cause weak erection.

Next time, he should drink Dubic Malt mixed with Alomo Bitters.
Your comment is just an evidence of how ignorant and intellectually lazy many young Nigerians are. Any one has a right to challenge a system, a product or service(s) being received if he/she feels aggrieved and rightly so in a legal way.

This is one of the things that is really wrong with nigerians, and the very reason we are exploited daily by manufacturers of goods and products in nigeria.
That man is a professor of Biochemistry and V.C of recognised university, where he wins the case or not, at least someone has summoned courage to challenge the deception which millions of nigerians may be victims of including me and you.
Not until the Dora Akunyili exposed how Coca Cola was over dozing nigerians with sugar compelled to what they do other countries where their products are, we didn't know about it or cared enough.
Until we start to examine what we are fed with and ask question, companies will exploit and poison us while making billions of dollars on our lives.
Re: Ernest Izevbigie Sues Nigerian Breweries For Misleading People About Malt Drink by kmaster007: 9:25am On May 16, 2018
Mayb he suld mind is business
Re: Ernest Izevbigie Sues Nigerian Breweries For Misleading People About Malt Drink by DeRay98(m): 9:26am On May 16, 2018
Ugosample:

Simple and short!

I wonder why Nigerians are like this
I tire for our lazy youths oh!
plenty people think say na education na to carry certificate around and claiming,"I'm a graduate". the comments on the front page shows it all angry
They don't know, they don't want know, they don't how to ask questions let alone asking the right question angry
Re: Ernest Izevbigie Sues Nigerian Breweries For Misleading People About Malt Drink by blackboy2star(m): 9:28am On May 16, 2018
Do you read it at all?
He, therefore, prayed the court to order the company to tender a written apology because he had been injured by the alleged deception even as he claimed that the label was misleading to the public.

Your case is dormant cheesy

NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

How can a Nigerian VC not know that there is no consumer protection right in Nigeria?

Re: Ernest Izevbigie Sues Nigerian Breweries For Misleading People About Malt Drink by highpappy: 9:29am On May 16, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

It is a privilege to be able to afford data and contribute on forums such as this. Please you use it positively. This is a serious issue in Nigeria and all this man do is trying to hold this lying company accountable and all you do is mock him?

The government/NAFDAC has probably been bribed to turn a blind eye to this deception. That it took this while for someone to do this is disheartening enough.

So there is no consumer protection and the right thing to is sidon and look? Oga o!
Re: Ernest Izevbigie Sues Nigerian Breweries For Misleading People About Malt Drink by donnaD(f): 9:38am On May 16, 2018
Meajor:
V.C... Abeg leave matter for Matthias, if na misleading...from d days wey dem give us independence na mislead....misleadership na wetin dey around every were... See, voting for Buhari na mislead, people wey dey advice am to comot again no be mislead?? Person finish banking and finance, everyday for lectures hall na potential bankers dem dey call person, as e finish fa? Even (Adashe) contribution work e no get, wetin you call that one?? A man spent over five million for child studies in the university e come finish no get job, wetin you go call tat one??
OP Dis morning as I been dey drive my taxi, person beg me say na hundred naira wey dey him hand, I pity am carry, as I just dey reach, him carry 1k dey give me to go find change..wetin you go call that one?? Make I just stop here...b4 I go begin mislead sef
lwkm ooo kai oga u made my morning.this one na confirm mislead.Lol

1 Like

Re: Ernest Izevbigie Sues Nigerian Breweries For Misleading People About Malt Drink by jokinexcel(m): 9:41am On May 16, 2018
The ex-vc will definitely lose the case. Because the contanded word he is challenging is "low". The word low means reduced. According to his laboratory investigation Amstel malt contained 10 cubes of sugar as against the 10 cube and half contained in other malt drinks. Meaning that Amstel malt have "lower"sugar content compare to other malt drinks. Even if it's by half cube of sugar. He would have won the case if Amstel malt have claimed it a "No sugar" malt.
Re: Ernest Izevbigie Sues Nigerian Breweries For Misleading People About Malt Drink by Ichokwu: 9:43am On May 16, 2018
rad8:

Another foolish person who does not understand the concept of offer, acceptance and consideration.

A foolish student of the foolish ex-VC.
Re: Ernest Izevbigie Sues Nigerian Breweries For Misleading People About Malt Drink by Nobody: 9:50am On May 16, 2018
humblenature:
lipsrsealed

"Time na money o time na money. Use your time well, do better tin.

Sir, please in the name of God, withdraw your case against Nigerian breweries and rather use the resourses to take Nigerian government to court for bad and deceptive government and also insecurity,poverty, Idoncarity.

Nigerian breweries is not the enemy,,,, rather its the Nigerian government..

Nonsense post.
Re: Ernest Izevbigie Sues Nigerian Breweries For Misleading People About Malt Drink by Nobody: 9:51am On May 16, 2018
Nonnyflex:
You will be a fool to believe this ex VCS story...the truth is that this man took all the drinks inscribed low sugar to the lab tested them and after analysis he found out that amstel had too much sugar now he's claiming the drink have scattered his kidney and other internal organ... the man is just looking for a cool retirement benefit

So F..king what?
Re: Ernest Izevbigie Sues Nigerian Breweries For Misleading People About Malt Drink by Nobody: 9:53am On May 16, 2018
Ichokwu:
The ex-VC will loose. The malt actually contained lower amount of sugar than all other malts by a half cube or a quarter; so it is qualified to be called low sugar.

So, he did not see Buhari that swore to Allah that Abacha did not steal to sue?

Foolish man. angry

Don't come to conclusion yet, I believe he not a mumu cos he said he tested it in his lab.

I believe there is a certain amount of sugar that must be available for it to be called low sugar.
Re: Ernest Izevbigie Sues Nigerian Breweries For Misleading People About Malt Drink by maxtreme: 9:55am On May 16, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

He would get something from the company sure, they will surely settle it out of court. Guy if it's true he will get something for sure
Re: Ernest Izevbigie Sues Nigerian Breweries For Misleading People About Malt Drink by fennels007(m): 9:56am On May 16, 2018
Do you have common sense. Why spew trash.

NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Re: Ernest Izevbigie Sues Nigerian Breweries For Misleading People About Malt Drink by stevecantrell: 10:01am On May 16, 2018
MALT is good when youre trying grow big curves

big BAD curves

Re: Ernest Izevbigie Sues Nigerian Breweries For Misleading People About Malt Drink by AerialMapper: 10:13am On May 16, 2018
INSTEAD of driving Research and development in your field you are analysing sugar content in malt to sue a company.
Re: Ernest Izevbigie Sues Nigerian Breweries For Misleading People About Malt Drink by miqos02(m): 10:17am On May 16, 2018
Odey1997:
Hmmmmm there's is difference nah
The normal maltina has more sugar while Malta Guinness is medium sugar and amstel Malta that one worse pass no sugar at all the the most annoying part is they all sell them #150
Malta guinness is 200naira
Re: Ernest Izevbigie Sues Nigerian Breweries For Misleading People About Malt Drink by miqos02(m): 10:17am On May 16, 2018
AerialMapper:
INSTEAD of driving Research and development in your field you are analysing sugar content in malt to sue a company.
that one too na research
Re: Ernest Izevbigie Sues Nigerian Breweries For Misleading People About Malt Drink by billyG(m): 10:21am On May 16, 2018
I hav stopped drinking amstel malt since b/c i know it actually has more sugar,dey use l[b]ow sugar[/b] to scam nigeria & make more money amstel malt is costlier.
Re: Ernest Izevbigie Sues Nigerian Breweries For Misleading People About Malt Drink by AerialMapper: 10:24am On May 16, 2018
miqos02:
that one too na research

For whose benefit?
Re: Ernest Izevbigie Sues Nigerian Breweries For Misleading People About Malt Drink by rad8(m): 10:29am On May 16, 2018
Ichokwu:

A foolish student of the foolish ex-VC.

This one is truly lazy and lacks foresight.
Re: Ernest Izevbigie Sues Nigerian Breweries For Misleading People About Malt Drink by kunyeo(m): 10:31am On May 16, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Mumu man looking for where to make a quick out-of-court harvest.

just look at your reasoning? A man with a good motive that would benefit all Nigerians,but to you,it is about money.Not all Nigerians worship money.
Re: Ernest Izevbigie Sues Nigerian Breweries For Misleading People About Malt Drink by miqos02(m): 10:32am On May 16, 2018
AerialMapper:

For whose benefit?
him and his family at least
Re: Ernest Izevbigie Sues Nigerian Breweries For Misleading People About Malt Drink by Chyx101: 10:32am On May 16, 2018
This idiot of a VC that was forced on B. I. U students, that caused us pain, claiming that people matter as biu core value states but our money matter more to u. looking for recognition after been dumped
Re: Ernest Izevbigie Sues Nigerian Breweries For Misleading People About Malt Drink by rad8(m): 10:40am On May 16, 2018
People are killed everyday in Nigerian hospitals due to doctors negligence, people are advice to make a wrong decision due to professional negligence of assumed professionals. People die because of the drugs or the food they consumed. The response to this injustice is usually "na so God want am". Are u mad? People are taking advantage of you and you say na so God want am?
Outside Nigeria and outside the medieval thinking of Africans, people get rich by suing companies for their misrepresentation. Students sue their universities for their false advertising and shamboic degrees and you say na so God want am.
Data rights that is being enforced in other countries, does not exist in Nigeria. The certificate you submitted confidentially to a company is what is being used to fry akara on the streets.
Someone is suing for his right, and y'all rights and some people who can't think beyond their African mentality are complaining. A perfect example of crabs in a barrel.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Free At Last! Boy With Locked Arms Celebrate After Successful Surgery. Photos / Teaching Hospital Workers Lock Fayose Out (photo) / Never Sleep On The Same Bed As Babies, It Can Kill Them- Dr Olufunmilayo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.