Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,437 members, 7,819,606 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:58 PM

I Will Not Allow Her Return To that School,Leah Sharibu Mother Tells CNN (photo) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Not Allow Her Return To that School,Leah Sharibu Mother Tells CNN (photo) (1241 Views)

Radio Biafra Headquarters Discovered In Ik By Cnn -photo / Lekki Shooting: We Have Records Of Two Deaths - Gov Sanwo-Olu tells CNN (Video) / Leah Sharibu's Results In Her Report Card (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will Not Allow Her Return To that School,Leah Sharibu Mother Tells CNN (photo) by hillsiderfak(m): 3:31pm On May 16, 2018
All the other kidnapped schoolgirls from Dapchi have been freed -- except Leah who her friends say refused to renounce her Christian faith to Boko Haram
Rebecca, Leah's mother, recalled how the overjoyed parents celebrated the sudden and unexpected return of their daughters after one month away.
Rebecca, 45 said she waited patiently as each parent was reunited with their daughter.
It suddenly dawned on her that Leah was not among the group of girls released. "Where is Leah?" she asked anxiously. One of the freed girls told her that Leah had been left behind.
"She refused to convert to Islam," another told her.
That was the moment Rebecca's world came crashing down around her. She collapsed and was rushed to the hospital.
Even now, her health problems persist, It is obvious from looking at Rebecca that she is still not fully healthy, physically nor mentally.
Her eyes were in a daze, surrounded by drooping skin and deeply-etched lines. Her breaths came in haggard waves. She twisted the corners of her mouth downwards in a permanent frown.
Slowly, she began to speak. "They said she should turn to Muslim before she enter motor and then she said she would never do that," she told me, looking down at one of Leah's photos.
'We've been living in anguish,' parents of missing Dapchi schoolgirls say,
She describes Leah as hardworking and quiet, a girl who enjoyed going to church. She sang in the choir. The local pastor, Daniel Auta, said Leah had a beautiful voice, soft and melodic.
"When my daughter comes back, I will not allow her to go to that school again," Rebecca said.
The girls high school in Dapchi is not far from Rebecca's home. Outside the campus, soldiers are posted at the main gate and members of a volunteer vigilante force posted at the other.
On the day the abduction happened, there was no security at the gate.
The school recently opened again but none of the abducted Dapchi girls have resumed their education, although 20 of them were given scholarships to a neighboring private school in partnership with UNICEF.
when CNN contacted Nigerian presidential aide Femi Adesina about her comments, he referred CNN to the Yobe State governor office. The state office in turn referred us to speak with the federal government about the family's concerns when they were contacted by CNN.
In April, the Nigerian government said a disagreement between members of Boko Haram had caused a breakdown in negotiation talks for the release of remaining schoolgirls in the group's captivity.

cc Mynd44, OAM4J)

Re: I Will Not Allow Her Return To that School,Leah Sharibu Mother Tells CNN (photo) by hillsiderfak(m): 3:40pm On May 16, 2018
when CNN contacted Nigerian presidential aide Femi Adesina about her comments, he referred CNN to the Yobe State governor office. The state office in turn referred us to speak with the federal government

this apc government are not serious, playing ping pong with this matter

3 Likes

Re: I Will Not Allow Her Return To that School,Leah Sharibu Mother Tells CNN (photo) by okosodo: 3:48pm On May 16, 2018
In Nigeria, some fools still think that boko haram will not succeed, or that buhari, buratai and indeed all the mafias in the north are not part of the plan. They should wait and watch things unfold, but by that time, it will be too late. Even America cannot help because america did not help Turkey, Lebanon, Syria and some other Islamic countries that were christian dominated within the last 5 decades
Re: I Will Not Allow Her Return To that School,Leah Sharibu Mother Tells CNN (photo) by hillsiderfak(m): 3:50pm On May 16, 2018
okosodo:
In Nigeria, some fools still think that boko haram will not succeed, or that buhari, buratai and indeed all the mafias in the north are not part of the plan. They should wait and watch things unfold, but by that time, it will be too late. Even America cannot help because america did not help Turkey, Lebanon, Syria and some other Islamic countries that were christian dominated within the last 5 decades

if things break down in Nigeria ( i hope not ), believe me, the west is getting ready, the kind of development going on in the west is really massive.

1 Like

Re: I Will Not Allow Her Return To that School,Leah Sharibu Mother Tells CNN (photo) by johnmartus(m): 3:51pm On May 16, 2018
She has roasted I guess.
Re: I Will Not Allow Her Return To that School,Leah Sharibu Mother Tells CNN (photo) by hillsiderfak(m): 3:53pm On May 16, 2018
johnmartus:
She has roasted I guess.

you mean Leah`s mother?
Re: I Will Not Allow Her Return To that School,Leah Sharibu Mother Tells CNN (photo) by SalamRushdie: 3:55pm On May 16, 2018
I hate unrealistic people ..
Re: I Will Not Allow Her Return To that School,Leah Sharibu Mother Tells CNN (photo) by SniperSmurf(m): 3:55pm On May 16, 2018
#buharimustgo
Re: I Will Not Allow Her Return To that School,Leah Sharibu Mother Tells CNN (photo) by Nobody: 3:56pm On May 16, 2018
I'm trying not to imagine the horrors the poor child is going through in the den of vipers. embarassed
Re: I Will Not Allow Her Return To that School,Leah Sharibu Mother Tells CNN (photo) by RZArecta2(m): 3:57pm On May 16, 2018
Buhari and his criminal gang causing sadness everywhere cool
Re: I Will Not Allow Her Return To that School,Leah Sharibu Mother Tells CNN (photo) by hillsiderfak(m): 4:01pm On May 16, 2018
yoruba people really get sense, look at them building a seaport, planning for a new airport, and they are also building a rail system between Lagos and Ibadan and one within lagos, if anybody start fight for naija , na them know
Re: I Will Not Allow Her Return To that School,Leah Sharibu Mother Tells CNN (photo) by Nobody: 4:01pm On May 16, 2018
The school recently opened again but none of the abducted Dapchi girls have resumed their education, although 20 of them were given scholarships to a neighboring private school in partnership with UNICEF.
when CNN contacted Nigerian presidential aide Femi Adesina about her comments, he referred CNN to the Yobe State governor office. The state office in turn referred us to speak with the federal government about the family's concerns when they were contacted by CNN.

So even after UNICEF gave them scholarships to other schools, they still refused to go. Boko is indeed Haram.

Then the government is playing ping pong.... Chai. Leah, I wouldn't want to be in your shoes. Northern Christians are welcome in the east. leave that place where you're persecuted because of your faith.
Re: I Will Not Allow Her Return To that School,Leah Sharibu Mother Tells CNN (photo) by HigherEd: 4:19pm On May 16, 2018
hillsiderfak:
when CNN contacted Nigerian presidential aide Femi Adesina about her comments, he referred CNN to the Yobe State governor office. The state office in turn referred us to speak with the federal government

this apc government are not serious, playing ping pong with this matter
That Adesina is one bastard I seriously loathe.
Re: I Will Not Allow Her Return To that School,Leah Sharibu Mother Tells CNN (photo) by CodeTemplar: 5:42pm On May 16, 2018
Leah sharibu is nothing to Muslims according to their beliefs. If not why hasn't MURIC or the other Islamic bodies taken a stance publicly?
Re: I Will Not Allow Her Return To that School,Leah Sharibu Mother Tells CNN (photo) by hillsiderfak(m): 5:54pm On May 16, 2018
CodeTemplar:
Leah sharibu is nothing to Muslims according to their beliefs. If not why hasn't MURIC or the other Islamic bodies taken a stance publicly?

SOMETIMES I FEEL NIGERIA NEEDS TO BE RENEGOTIATED AMONGS WE NIGERIAN.

(1) (Reply)

Buhari's Hit List / IPOB Youths Pictured Smoking Weed (See Reactions) / Non Payment Of June Salary To Federal Establishment Not Under IPPIS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.