Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,837 members, 7,810,219 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:30 AM

Which Of These Is The Best Ever English Premier League Team? - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Which Of These Is The Best Ever English Premier League Team? (28937 Views)

Sadiq Umar Named In Europa League Team Of The Week / Vincent Enyeama Makes Africa’s Best Ever XI By The Sun UK / Paul Pogba Named In The Premier League Team Of The Year. See Full List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Of These Is The Best Ever English Premier League Team? by kerry57: 10:49am On May 17, 2018
Arsenal of course

2 Likes

Re: Which Of These Is The Best Ever English Premier League Team? by jaybee3(m): 10:50am On May 17, 2018
snowden9:
Here's my own take :
To all those non-indomie generation people like me that loved playing Mortal Kombat, you know the feeling you get after every 'Fatality' victory, it confirms that you weren't touched at all during the battle and I have to say, we all aimed towards achieving that feat whenever we played the game. You get where I'm going right? I guess so. Without much speech, the untouchable, undefeated, invincible, fatality team of Arsenal wins my vote.

1. Arsenal
2. Manchester City
3. Manchester United
4. Chelsea

Nairalanders, how about yours?

Obviously biased judgement but nothing do you

Not even going to waste time developing a methodology for ranking them but here is a clue. Winning a quality treble is definitely more difficult than going unbeaten
Re: Which Of These Is The Best Ever English Premier League Team? by McCobble(m): 10:50am On May 17, 2018
Arsenal going thru a season without losing a game

5 Likes

Re: Which Of These Is The Best Ever English Premier League Team? by danden18: 10:51am On May 17, 2018
Manchester united, treble no be moinoi

2 Likes

Re: Which Of These Is The Best Ever English Premier League Team? by Hardeybohwarley(m): 10:51am On May 17, 2018
Team Liverpool anytime.
Re: Which Of These Is The Best Ever English Premier League Team? by spiritedtete: 10:51am On May 17, 2018
1. Man Utd
2. Arsenal
3. Man city
4. Chelsea

2 Likes

Re: Which Of These Is The Best Ever English Premier League Team? by showafrica(m): 10:51am On May 17, 2018
Chelsea... The back to back winners. Jose, made other teams look like infidels including Fergies team. I would say Chelsea because, they made Epl more interesting like never before

2 Likes

Re: Which Of These Is The Best Ever English Premier League Team? by auskenfine(m): 10:51am On May 17, 2018
Says an Arsenal fan. Well if I use my own yard stick Man U will come top.

3 Likes

Re: Which Of These Is The Best Ever English Premier League Team? by Desdola(m): 10:53am On May 17, 2018
its still the invincibles that got the better record. a season unbeaten is not easy. So ARSENAL

3 Likes

Re: Which Of These Is The Best Ever English Premier League Team? by princeade86(m): 10:53am On May 17, 2018
Man city is d best
Re: Which Of These Is The Best Ever English Premier League Team? by bakynes(m): 10:53am On May 17, 2018
Arsenal has it for me the only English side with a golden Barclays Premeirship Trophy.

3 Likes

Re: Which Of These Is The Best Ever English Premier League Team? by oxygenlove(m): 10:53am On May 17, 2018
to me is MANCHESTER UNITED, Winning The Champions League Then Is Not An Easy Job. Unlike New When Refrelonia/Uefadriot do favor their club

2 Likes

Re: Which Of These Is The Best Ever English Premier League Team? by Nobody: 10:54am On May 17, 2018
snowden9:
[s] Here's my own take :
To all those non-indomie generation people like me that loved playing Mortal Kombat, you know the feeling you get after every 'Fatality' victory, it confirms that you weren't touched at all during the battle and I have to say, we all aimed towards achieving that feat whenever we played the game. You get where I'm going right? I guess so. Without much speech, the untouchable, undefeated, invincible, fatality team of Arsenal wins my vote.

1. Arsenal
2. Manchester City
3. Manchester United
4. Chelsea

Nairalanders, how about yours? [/s]
Manchester United(Treble winner)

3 Likes

Re: Which Of These Is The Best Ever English Premier League Team? by Mrchippychappy(m): 10:55am On May 17, 2018
HAVE YOU BOUGHT YOUR TICKET?

Re: Which Of These Is The Best Ever English Premier League Team? by dewhaley: 10:55am On May 17, 2018
Hapupa:
Ok
You no even send... With all dis yahoo yahoo talk.... Ride on joor smiley smiley
Re: Which Of These Is The Best Ever English Premier League Team? by Albert0011(m): 10:57am On May 17, 2018
Man united of course followed by arsenal...man city tried also but that their team is the most expensive team in football history so its no big deal they reached 100 points.

2 Likes

Re: Which Of These Is The Best Ever English Premier League Team? by opera1(m): 11:02am On May 17, 2018
Am a Chelsea fan but I give it to Manchester United Team.

3 Likes

Re: Which Of These Is The Best Ever English Premier League Team? by delkuf(m): 11:04am On May 17, 2018
man utd Jo. we won three trophy in ten days my just look at that midfield. when you have a Roy keane, your mf is rock steady. those that watch football match will agree to this

2 Likes

Re: Which Of These Is The Best Ever English Premier League Team? by Jdesilentkiller(m): 11:05am On May 17, 2018
Winning only domestic league does not make your team the best.... Go to other competitions and do well then come and testify.
Winning treble is what is considered as being the best. So, Manchester united is first then any other team come second for all I care.

4 Likes

Re: Which Of These Is The Best Ever English Premier League Team? by ba7man(m): 11:07am On May 17, 2018
Manchester United's treble winning team is the best EPL team ever.

Man city with all their goals scored were dumped out of Europe where the standard is higher. They remain local champions.

Same with the Invincibles of Arsenal. Despite being unbeaten, they still fell short in Europe.

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Is The Best Ever English Premier League Team? by Bimpe29: 11:12am On May 17, 2018
Take it or leave it, Manchester United of 1998/1999 remain the best. Having emerged the first team in the history of English football to win treble trophies in a season. An height that has not been matched by any other club up till now.
Glory Glory Man United!

3 Likes

Re: Which Of These Is The Best Ever English Premier League Team? by obonujoker(m): 11:13am On May 17, 2018
toffyz:
" the centurion " for now is the best ever English premier league champion, breaking two great records- Point record and goal record.

So are we to say Read Madrid (2012) are the best Spanish LA liga side ever??

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Of These Is The Best Ever English Premier League Team? by Josh64(m): 11:16am On May 17, 2018
You are the best team when you conquer home and abroad. Invincibles couldn't achieve that, neither could Chelsea or City. Give it to United in 99 and 2008 team. They are the best.

3 Likes

Re: Which Of These Is The Best Ever English Premier League Team? by Mobsync(m): 11:17am On May 17, 2018
I don't watch football but I know it is not Arsenal.

By the way, I have iPhone 6s for sale. Check it out here: https://www.nairaland.com/4496506/very-neat-iphone-6s-sale

2 Likes

Re: Which Of These Is The Best Ever English Premier League Team? by wagazala: 11:18am On May 17, 2018
jaybee3:

Obviously biased judgement but nothing do you

Not even going to waste time developing a methodology for ranking them but here is a clue. Winning a quality treble is definitely more difficult than going unbeaten

I disagree. The question was rather simple, Best EPL team. At this point other trophies outside the EPL doesn't count. Your judgement should be based on achievements in the EPL eg wins, goals etc.

If the question were to be best team of the year, the local cups, foreign cups etc could come into consideration.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Of These Is The Best Ever English Premier League Team? by Goandie: 11:19am On May 17, 2018
carlos ancelotti is Chelsea fc best ever coach and his stat is beta than Jose talkinho.

1 Man utd for winning the treble.
2 arsenal for being invisible.
3 chelsea for breaking the 100goals mark.
4 man city because all teams were poor dis season

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Is The Best Ever English Premier League Team? by obonujoker(m): 11:19am On May 17, 2018
Manchester United
Arsenal
Chelsea
Man city

2 Likes

Re: Which Of These Is The Best Ever English Premier League Team? by wagazala: 11:20am On May 17, 2018
Josh64:
You are the best team when you conquer home and abroad. Invincibles couldn't achieve that, neither could Chelsea or City. Give it to United in 99 and 2008 team. They are the best.

Best EPL team is different from Best overall team. Its like saying the Player of the year must come from the team that wins the competition.
Re: Which Of These Is The Best Ever English Premier League Team? by obonujoker(m): 11:22am On May 17, 2018
Goandie:
carlos ancelotti is Chelsea fc best ever coach and his stat is beta than Jose talkinho.

1 Man utd for winning the treble.
2 arsenal for being invisible.
3 chelsea for breaking the 100goals mark.
4 man city because all teams were poor dis season

Lol... doesn't matter... so long you also know that Ancelloti is better than Guardiola too....

Re: Which Of These Is The Best Ever English Premier League Team? by Olivera23(m): 11:26am On May 17, 2018
Man.utd

2 Likes

Re: Which Of These Is The Best Ever English Premier League Team? by Chukazu: 11:29am On May 17, 2018
Izuogu1:
This thread will and can never yield any positive result because a typical man u fan must support man u... Same goes to other team fans

Not everyone is a Fan of English league...but I think the OP should have included a Liverpool team

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

US Open 2018: Serena Williams Loses To Naomi Osaka In Controversial Final / Ronaldo Wins Globe Soccer 2001-2020 Player Of The Century Award / Eto'o: I'm The Best African Player In History

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.