Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,903 members, 7,817,676 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:01 PM

Lagos Can Never Be Compared With Abuja - Lady Blasts Lagosians - Travel (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos Can Never Be Compared With Abuja - Lady Blasts Lagosians (67546 Views)

Lagosians Turn 'Spidermen' To Pass Flooded Road (Photo) / See How Lagosians Sleep In Buses On Their Way To Work In The Morning (PHOTOS) / Lagosians, Why Are We Like This? (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Can Never Be Compared With Abuja - Lady Blasts Lagosians by MiddleDimension: 8:04pm On May 17, 2018
Place show us the sorry case they call El rufai and let's see it they match the ones I have posted here.
Re: Lagos Can Never Be Compared With Abuja - Lady Blasts Lagosians by londoner: 8:20pm On May 17, 2018
MiddleDimension:
Place show us the sorry case they call El rufai and let's see it they match the ones I have posted here.

Are you really boasting over a bus shelter and a bus station? Has it really come to that?
(The second image inside the bus is not in Nigeria by the way)

The colourful bus station is new and there is only one of that kind in Lagos so far, although there is another terminal which is okay.

Those buses will still be stress for their commuters on the road either directly or indirectly, sonic you like show all the helipads in Lagos too.

Do you really think I'd prefer to travel to a bus station, get on a bus then get off at a bus stop and walk to my final destination OVER sitting in a taxi straight from door to door??

I take public transportation in London and sorely missed Abuja taxis when I got back from my last visit there. I found getting around so easy and cheap in Abuja.
Re: Lagos Can Never Be Compared With Abuja - Lady Blasts Lagosians by MiddleDimension: 8:26pm On May 17, 2018
obataokenwa:
Economy that doesn't reflect on the life of lagosians. My brother...Abuja is more decent and creative than Lagos cos here even abokis dress so decent and keeps to rules. Abuja and Lagos are two parallel lines that are never the same. Anambra should be compared to lagos instead

Economy doesn't reflect on the lives of Lagosians? Now you tell me how all the looted money In abuja reflects on the live of the largely primitive people?

Abuja is more decent and creative and still depends on oil money and lovey from other parts of the country to pay its own bills! Why don't you just tell me how much money spent in Abuja is actually made in that corrupt and disgrace of a city where majority of the houses in asokoro latana etc are built with stolen money and are also inhabited by the mistresses of the shameless old politicians.

Better know what you say in public before you disgrace yourself.

Lagos is not creative yet it is home to nollywood, Music Industry, fashion and tech startups why don't you just go and have a sit already!

Place enjoy pics of creativity

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Can Never Be Compared With Abuja - Lady Blasts Lagosians by MiddleDimension: 8:29pm On May 17, 2018
londoner:

Are you really boasting over a bus shelter and a bus station? Has it really come to that?
(The second image inside the bus is not in Nigeria by the way)

The colourful bus station is new and there is only one of that kind in Lagos so far.

Those buses will still be stress for their commuters on the road either directly or indirectly, sonic you like show all the helipads in Lagos too.

Do you really think I'd prefer to travel to a bus station, get on a bus then get off at a bus stop and walk to my final destination OVER sitting in a taxi straight from door to door??

I take public transportation in London and sorely missed Abuja taxis when I got back from my last visit there. I found getting around so easy and cheap in Abuja.

Why don't you show me superior Alternative Abuja and stop all these noise.

For your info, train an bus stations are a landmark in major cities across the world

1 Like

Re: Lagos Can Never Be Compared With Abuja - Lady Blasts Lagosians by laudate: 8:30pm On May 17, 2018
londoner:
It doesn't matter about the grand housing Lagos has, it's the way the city runs ( or is not run) which makes many people prefer Abuja. You can be rich and living in Lekki or Banana Island if you want, but you still know of the Lagos frustrations one way or the other.

You don't have to live in Asokoro or Maitama to feel the benefit of Abuja quality of life.
You can live well in Jabi or Wuse 2 or even Gwarimpa Estate or Lifecamp.

And who says you cannot live in old Ikoyi, Banana Island or Lekki without still enjoying the same benefits of life that those in Jabi, Wuse II or Gwarinpa enjoy? In Lagos, it all depends on where you live and work. If you live in Allen Avenue and work in Old Ikeja GRA within Lagos, tell me if your quality of life, would not improve?

The person who lives in Nyanya and works in Asokoro or Wuse II has little or no advantage, over the person who lives in Yaba area of Lagos and works in Victoria Island, for example.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Can Never Be Compared With Abuja - Lady Blasts Lagosians by MiddleDimension: 8:33pm On May 17, 2018
obataokenwa:
Sorry we dont use buses in Abuja. Only taxis. Sienna maybe accepted only on inter states like Nassarawa and Suleja. So no need for bus stations full of criminals and agberos. Its a pity you make boast with bus stations. Smh

You simply do not have a working transport system pure and simple! The Chinese use the it bus, train and airports to show their sophistication, so what's your point?
And I doubt your Londoner is exposed to make the statement he made .the Chinese, Korans, the gulf states as well as the Japanese are very proud of their stations

1 Like

Re: Lagos Can Never Be Compared With Abuja - Lady Blasts Lagosians by londoner: 8:35pm On May 17, 2018
MiddleDimension:

Why don't you show me superior Alternative Abuja and stop all these noise.

For your info, train an bus stations are a landmark in major cities across the world

You can keep your 'superior' bus stations built recently. Abuja will keep its superior sanity. My measurement of a place is certainly not it's bus and train stations but the general feel of a place.

It's not as if it's Grand Central Station lol.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Can Never Be Compared With Abuja - Lady Blasts Lagosians by londoner: 8:39pm On May 17, 2018
MiddleDimension:

You simply do not have a working transport system pure and simple! The Chinese use the it bus, train and airports to show their sophistication, so what's your point?
And I doubt your Londoner is exposed to make the statement he made .the Chinese, Korans, the gulf states as well as the Japanese are very proud of their stations

Londoner is well travelled my dear.

The Chinese, Koreans and Gulf States do not measure themselves on a mere bus terminal or two. Your friends from there do they boast of a few bus stations like you have?

Still stands Abuja is sanity, Lagos is not.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Can Never Be Compared With Abuja - Lady Blasts Lagosians by MiddleDimension: 8:40pm On May 17, 2018
obataokenwa:
Limi Hospital dusts every hospital in Lagos. You guys have media and make a lot of noise on a singular achievement. Finally, Abuja should be the abroad of Lagosians simple. You want to have a taste of what abroad looks like? Visit Abuja

The point remains that a rape case can only be solved in Lagos and not that hospital only you knows

The hospitals here are some good, they curbed the spread of Ebola.

They are so good, Aisha sassy sang praises of them for healing her mother.

To top it all up, the forensic center here means we can give credible evidence to our children for evolution theory

1 Like

Re: Lagos Can Never Be Compared With Abuja - Lady Blasts Lagosians by laudate: 8:41pm On May 17, 2018
MiddleDimension:
Economy doesn't reflect on the lives of Lagosians? Now you tell me how all the looted money In abuja reflects on the live of the largely primitive people?

Abuja is more decent and creative and still depends on oil money and lovey from other parts of the country to pay its own bills! Why don't you just tell me how much money spent in Abuja is actually made in that corrupt and disgrace of a city where majority of the houses in asokoro latana etc are built with stolen money and are also inhabited by the mistresses of the shameless old politicians.

Lagos is not creative yet it is home to nollywood, Music Industry, fashion and tech startups why don't you just go and have a sit already!

Don't mind them. sad The people who argue like Londoner are the JJCs in Abuja. They keep forgetting that Abuja was planned and built right from scratch in the 80s and the 90s, by the federal govt using a masterplan, so it is a fairly new modern city, that is less than one generation old. There is NO building in Abuja that is over 40 years old. Check it - from Cadastral Zone to the Airport to Jabi or Kado.

Abuja was planned, built, surveyed and allocated using a masterplan, and by and large, many parts of the city still conform to the masterplan. undecided This is unlike Lagos which is several generations old, and has been a city right from colonial and even pre-colonial times. Many parts of Lagos state (not all), just sprang up as large urbanised settlements, with no masterplan. The govt then had to work hard to start trying to provide amenities and infrastructure in many of these sprawling communities, unlike what was done in Abuja where the infrastructure and layout was already completed before people moved in. sad

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Can Never Be Compared With Abuja - Lady Blasts Lagosians by londoner: 8:43pm On May 17, 2018
laudate:

And who says you cannot live in old Ikoyi, Banana Island or Lekki without still enjoying the same benefits of life that those in Jabi, Wuse II or Gwarinpa enjoy? In Lagos, it all depends on where you live and work. If you live in Allen Avenue and work in Old Ikeja GRA within Lagos, tell me if your quality of life, would not improve?

The person who lives in Nyanya and works in Asokoro or Wuse II has little or no advantage, over the person who lives in Yaba area of Lagos and works in Victoria Island, for example.

I'm not saying they would not enjoy life but it will also have the unavoidable gra-gra of Lagos. That's my point. The traffic is only one aspect, it's just the fact that Lagos is just a stressful place and results in very stressed and cantankerous people.
The culture of the two places are just different and results in a different experience.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Can Never Be Compared With Abuja - Lady Blasts Lagosians by laudate: 8:45pm On May 17, 2018
Jephyard:
I have not been to Abuja before but I have been in Lagos in all my life. Simply put Lagos is in total disorder. As for those saying Lagos Island has more road network than the Lagos mainland must be high on weed. The Lagos mainland has good road network than the island. Lagos is simply dirty atmospherically if there is any word like that sha

It is not by force for you to remain in Lagos. sad Oya, pack your load and go if you hate the city so much!

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Can Never Be Compared With Abuja - Lady Blasts Lagosians by londoner: 8:49pm On May 17, 2018
laudate:

Don't mind them. sad The people who argue like Londoner are the JJCs in Abuja. They keep forgetting that Abuja was planned and built right from scratch in the 80s and the 90s, by the federal govt using a masterplan, so it is a fairly new modern city, that is less than one generation old. There is NO building in Abuja that is over 40 years old. Check it - from Cadastral Zone to the Airport to Jabi or Kado.

Abuja was planned, built, surveyed and allocated using a masterplan, and by and large, many parts of the city still conform to the masterplan. undecided This is unlike Lagos which is several generations old, and has been a city right from colonial and even pre-colonial times. Many parts of Lagos state (not all), just sprang up as large urbanised settlements, with no masterplan. The govt then had to work hard to start trying to provide amenities and infrastructure in many of these sprawling communities, unlike what was done in Abuja where the infrastructure and layout was already completed before people moved in. sad

Exactly Abuja planned and built from scratch as an alternative to what? LAGOS.

Everyone including me already knows this.

If the federal and state government decided to do the right thing when Lagos was the capital it would not have ended up as a messy sprawl in the first place.

Town planning is something used around the world even from the Roman times. Moving the capital was a necessity and a stroke of genius imho.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Can Never Be Compared With Abuja - Lady Blasts Lagosians by MiddleDimension: 8:51pm On May 17, 2018
Isha Sesay reveals how Lagos hospital saved her mother's life
Updated: 10 months ago

Author: Buchi Obichie

Views: 7991

Category: Local news

FACEBOOK
EMAIL
WHATSAPP
FACEBOOK MESSENGER
TELEGRAM
- Isha Sesay’s mum did not receive adequate treatment in Sierra Leone and had to be transferred to Nigeria

- She eventually received life-saving treatment at the Lagoon Hospitals, Marina, Apapa, Lagos

- The elder Sesay remained in Intensive Care at the Lagoon Hospitals for three months before she was eventually certified fit to be discharged

Isha Sesay, CNN anchor of Sierra Leonian descent, has revealed how her mum’s life was saved by doctors at a Nigerian hospital, after she had taken seriously ill.

According to the anchor, her mum, Dr. Kadi Sesay, was transferred to Nigeria after not being able to get adequate treatment in Sierra Leone.

READ ALSO: Quit notice: Arewa youths set to change their position

Sesay initially tweeted:

In response to that, she was questioned by Nigerians as to which exact Nigerian hospital attended to her mum.

She then responded:

After tweeting the name of the hospital, Nigerians replied:

Some others praised Lagoon Hospital for the good work:

Sesay’s mum was in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) at Lagoon Hospitals, Apapa, Lagos for three months before she was eventually discharged.

The nature of the ailment was not disclosed.

https://www.naija.ng/1112913-isha-sesay-reveals-lagos-hospital-saved-mothers-life.html

1 Like

Re: Lagos Can Never Be Compared With Abuja - Lady Blasts Lagosians by londoner: 8:52pm On May 17, 2018
Lol.... clutching at straws
Re: Lagos Can Never Be Compared With Abuja - Lady Blasts Lagosians by laudate: 8:52pm On May 17, 2018
londoner:
I'm not saying they would not enjoy life but it will also have the unavoidable gra-gra of Lagos. That's my point. The traffic is only one aspect, it's just the fact that Lagos is just a stressful place and results in very stressed and cantankerous people.
The culture of the two places are just different.

The 'gra-gra' in Lagos is a function of where you live and work. In those areas I mentioned earlier - old Ikoyi, Banana Island, old GRA Ikeja, VGC Estate - there is no gra-gra. sadIt is when you decide to cross over to some other parts of the state, that you would witness any such thing. Again, it also depends on your lifestyle, who you roll with and where you hang out.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Can Never Be Compared With Abuja - Lady Blasts Lagosians by londoner: 8:55pm On May 17, 2018
laudate:

The 'gra-gra' in Lagos is a function of where you live and work. In those areas I mentioned earlier - old Ikoyi, Banana Island, old GRA Ikeja, VGC Estate - there is no gra-gra. sadIt is when you decide to cross over to some other parts of the state, that you would witness any such thing. Again, it also depends on your lifestyle, who you roll with and where you hang out.

They will encounter it even just by going to the airport and having to be stuck in traffic.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Can Never Be Compared With Abuja - Lady Blasts Lagosians by MiddleDimension: 8:56pm On May 17, 2018
londoner:

Londoner is well travelled my dear.

The Chinese, Koreans and Gulf States do not measure themselves on a mere bus terminal or two. Your friends from there do they boast of a few bus stations like you have?

Still stands Abuja is sanity, Lagos is not.

You surely have not watched a comprehensive documentory on a rising China, that's what to u say the things you aay
Re: Lagos Can Never Be Compared With Abuja - Lady Blasts Lagosians by Nobody: 8:56pm On May 17, 2018
londoner:

If the federal and state government decided to do the right thing when Lagos was the capital it would not have ended up as a messy sprawl in the first place.

Town planning is something used around the world even from the Roman times. Moving the capital was a necessity and a stroke of genius imho.
I wonder why these arguments? Abuja is far livable, cleaner, organized than Lagos. In fact many cities in Nigeria are more livable than Lagos.
The only thing that Lagos is ahead is its commerce and huge population which unfortunately is its undoing.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Can Never Be Compared With Abuja - Lady Blasts Lagosians by laudate: 9:01pm On May 17, 2018
londoner:

So can you now see why it is totally silly to compare Abuja with Lagos? shocked It is like comparing New York to Washington, or like comparing apples to cocoyams.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Can Never Be Compared With Abuja - Lady Blasts Lagosians by MiddleDimension: 9:03pm On May 17, 2018
londoner:

They will encounter it even just by going to the airport and having to be stuck in traffic.

This guy doesn't even live in Lagos or hardly visits and he is here hell bent on the stereotype that Lagos is such a noisy place where no one cares about the other.

Remember this is a place where to cross the road, Cars wait for you and motion with their hands telling you to pass.

This was the first thing a friend of mine who has lived all his life in abuja and is visiting Lagos for the first time, noticed about the so called "gra-gra" place. He never saw anything like it in Abuja even on the Abuja Manya highway where cars move like they are not driving home now densely populated place.

If it were in Lagos, a pedestrian bridge would have been put across that road already! We value lives here in Lasgidi
Re: Lagos Can Never Be Compared With Abuja - Lady Blasts Lagosians by londoner: 9:03pm On May 17, 2018
MiddleDimension:

You surely have not watched a comprehensive documentory on a rising China, that's what to u say the things you aay

They are proud of their systems and networks not a couple of bus terminals. They are proud of their locomotives and the design and delivery of their systems, my dear.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Can Never Be Compared With Abuja - Lady Blasts Lagosians by laudate: 9:04pm On May 17, 2018
londoner:

I have gone to the airport from Lekki several times, without getting stuck in traffic. sad I have also been stuck in traffic, at other times. It all depends on timing - the time you leave, and the time you arrive.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Can Never Be Compared With Abuja - Lady Blasts Lagosians by MiddleDimension: 9:07pm On May 17, 2018
londoner:

They are proud of their systems and networks not a couple of bus terminals. They are proud of their locomotives and the design and delivery of their systems, my dear.

But there is no such thing in Abuja pure and simple
Re: Lagos Can Never Be Compared With Abuja - Lady Blasts Lagosians by londoner: 9:15pm On May 17, 2018
laudate:

I have gone to the airport from Lekki several times, without getting stuck in traffic. sad I have also been stuck in traffic, at other times. It all depends on timing - the time you leave, and the time you arrive.

The reason you would have to leave obscenely early is to avoid traffic, no?

You just don't have to do that in Abuja. The road network means you will get to the airport within a reasonable time unless there has been an accident on the way.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Can Never Be Compared With Abuja - Lady Blasts Lagosians by obataokenwa(m): 9:18pm On May 17, 2018
MiddleDimension:

You guys love showing night view of lagos but in the day time its an eyesore. Abuja dont need pictures to prove anything to you. Everything about Abuja speaks volume.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Can Never Be Compared With Abuja - Lady Blasts Lagosians by londoner: 9:19pm On May 17, 2018
MiddleDimension:

But there is no such thing in Abuja pure and simple

You don't have a system in Lagos, not an adequate one that works which is why most people that have one drive their cars everywhere.

Abuja does not need a system of public buses because the taxis do a great job of that. If they ever feel the need for a system of buses they will plan it and build it, simple.

Your government is playing catch up with the population, Abuja isn't.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Can Never Be Compared With Abuja - Lady Blasts Lagosians by MiddleDimension: 9:21pm On May 17, 2018
obataokenwa:
You guys love showing night view of lagos but in the day time its an eyesore. Abuja dont need pictures to prove anything to you. Everything about Abuja speaks volume.

Like pulling out the oil money going in there and they won't be able to maintain their infrastructures anymore
Re: Lagos Can Never Be Compared With Abuja - Lady Blasts Lagosians by londoner: 9:22pm On May 17, 2018
MiddleDimension:

Like pulling out the oil money going in there and they won't be able to maintain their infrastructures anymore

Where do you think the oil money went when Lagos was the capital? Before Abuja was even a thought in anyone's head?

Let all the oil company headquarters move to the Niger Delta States and pay tax there, let all Nigeria's ports be developed to their fullest potential. Do you think Lagos will feel nothing?

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Can Never Be Compared With Abuja - Lady Blasts Lagosians by theDEVILisHERE: 9:26pm On May 17, 2018
laudate:

No, sir. sad If you understand the antecedents of Abuja and how it was developed, as well as how Lagos evolved and you compare both cities in terms of planning, population, infrastructure and road networks, you would see that the lady was comparing apples with bananas and cocoyams.

How old is Abuja? How old is Lagos? shocked Who planned Abuja, and who planned Lagos? Most of those living in Abuja today, did not grow up within the city and did not witness its evolution.

Abuja, as we speak has its own fair share of slums. How come she did not mention that? How come she did not compare rents in both cities, and the cost of living close to the centre centre & commercial districts in both places? Like someone said earlier, comparing New York and Washington, is just so untenable even though both are cities within America.

Lagos is a shiithole
Abuja is better
Atleast more organized and civilized
The people there are also more sane and rational

Lagos breeds insane and irrational human beings
No comparism

Only out of sentiment or stupidity would anyone prefer that jargon called Lagos

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Can Never Be Compared With Abuja - Lady Blasts Lagosians by obataokenwa(m): 9:27pm On May 17, 2018
MiddleDimension:

same oil built lagos before now. Dont forget almost everything in lagos you glorify was built by FG
Re: Lagos Can Never Be Compared With Abuja - Lady Blasts Lagosians by MiddleDimension: 9:35pm On May 17, 2018
Like I was trying to say in the morning before I couldn't go on: a city is more than just fancy roads. It is also about the availavlity of social infrastructure open to the public and also accessible by the public.

Below are pictures of some stadia etc in Iagos that are meant for just that

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

This Is Washington DC USA Flood: Not Nigeria, Not Lagos And Definitely Not Lekki / Where The Original Indigenes Of Abuja Now Live (pics, Video) / Welcome To Akure City (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.