Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,146 members, 7,815,016 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:50 AM

Herdsmen Crisis: I Will Resign If Killings Have Religious Undertone - Osinbajo - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Herdsmen Crisis: I Will Resign If Killings Have Religious Undertone - Osinbajo (2965 Views)

"If I do not see the Yahaya Bello case to the end, I will resign" - Olukoyede / Sanai Agunbiade: ENDSARS Has Political Undertone, Influencers Must Be Fished Out / Insecurity: CAN Rally Has A Political Undertone - MUSWEN, MURIC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Herdsmen Crisis: I Will Resign If Killings Have Religious Undertone - Osinbajo by femi4: 6:43am On May 17, 2018
Another codinefied speech
Re: Herdsmen Crisis: I Will Resign If Killings Have Religious Undertone - Osinbajo by syberplus(m): 7:05am On May 17, 2018
This Pastor sha.
Re: Herdsmen Crisis: I Will Resign If Killings Have Religious Undertone - Osinbajo by Ovamboland(m): 7:31am On May 17, 2018
SalamRushdie:
Must killing have religious undertone before you act Osinbanjo?..Is it till they Kill and Behead the Bishop of Makurdi and Lafia Diocese you will know it has religious undertone ? Can Osinbanjo tell us what undertone a killing must have to accepted by him as okay ? I am not getting these people because Osinbanjo is sounding like some killings are more acceptable that others .

There are about 3,000 murders in Chicago a year, then Trump or Pence too should resign.

Tiv and Junkun are killing each other then who should resign?
When Ife/Modakeke killings took place, should Obj or Atiku have resigned?
Should Obasanjo have resigned when Jos killings and arson occurred.
Did you call for Jonathan to resign when churches were destroyed in the boko Haram saga? Or you felt pity for him.
Why then do you ask or expect Osinbajo to resign due to communal clashes and killings for which the perpetrators on both sides have not openly advanced any religious agenda?
What's your proof that the herdsmen, if they are solely responsible want anything else apart from free access to grazing land?

NB: And your antics are well known here your intentions is not genuine concern for the lives lost but to see the back of this government in furtherance of the objectives of your looting spree PDP paymasters.
Re: Herdsmen Crisis: I Will Resign If Killings Have Religious Undertone - Osinbajo by ashjay001(m): 7:44am On May 17, 2018
annnikky:
Even the position that I currently occupy, I did not ask for it and I’m prepared to leave (resign) it at a short notice. It doesn’t mean anything (to me).”

U shouldn't have collected it at the first place undecided undecided

If he hadn't collected it, do u know, how bad, things could have been?
Re: Herdsmen Crisis: I Will Resign If Killings Have Religious Undertone - Osinbajo by OritaIbadan: 8:10am On May 17, 2018
Jesusloveyou:
Able VP, should not bother about what those jobless lazy idiotic pigs of Biafra party PDP are saying.even those idiotic pigs of Biafra that are just a mere Churchgoers or does not even go to church,but be drinking beer and womanizing upandan will still be claiming Christians.
who did this to you? cant you seek help before is late? very unfortunate that someone like you who lives all his life hating others still talk about geniue Christian and Churchgoers. Let me tell you, I can assure you I know Osinbajo more closely than you do but many of us are not very happy with the situation in this country at this time and sincerely Osinbajo might be trying but not enough.
Re: Herdsmen Crisis: I Will Resign If Killings Have Religious Undertone - Osinbajo by Jesusloveyou: 8:18am On May 17, 2018
OritaIbadan:

who did this to you? cant you seek help before is late? very unfortunate that someone like you who lives all his life hating others still talk about geniue Christian and Churchgoers. Let me tell you, I can assure you I know Osinbajo more closely than you do but many of us are not very happy with the situation in this country at this time and sincerely Osinbajo might be trying but not enough.
what did the jobless lazy idiotic pigs of Biafra wants from the able VP, you want him to carry gun and lead in the battlefield?

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen Crisis: I Will Resign If Killings Have Religious Undertone - Osinbajo by OritaIbadan: 8:29am On May 17, 2018
Jesusloveyou:
what did the jobless lazy idiotic pigs of Biafra wants from the able VP, you want him to carry gun and lead in the battlefield?
the way you are going you will soon start calling your parent idiotic pigs of Biafra.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Herdsmen Crisis: I Will Resign If Killings Have Religious Undertone - Osinbajo by SalamRushdie: 8:33am On May 17, 2018
Ovamboland:

There are about 3,000 murders in Chicago a year, then Trump or Pence too should resign.

Did you call for Jonathan to resign when churches were destroyed in the boko Haram saga? Or you felt pity for him.
Why then do you ask or expect Osinbajo to resign due to communal clashes and killings for which the perpetrators on both sides have not openly advanced any religious agenda?
What's your proof that the herdsmen, if they are solely responsible want anything else apart from free access to grazing land?

Talk as you like but know that Buhari must go and this is his last tenure

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen Crisis: I Will Resign If Killings Have Religious Undertone - Osinbajo by Ovamboland(m): 8:41am On May 17, 2018
SalamRushdie:

Talk as you like but know that Buhari must go and this is his last tenure

I said it, you really care less for the lives lost, to you your cries of Osinbajo to resign is mere politics
Re: Herdsmen Crisis: I Will Resign If Killings Have Religious Undertone - Osinbajo by SalamRushdie: 8:48am On May 17, 2018
Ovamboland:

I said it, you really care less for the lives lost, to you your cries of Osinbajo to resign is mere politics

Where did I say Osinbanjo to resign? I am always of the opinion that Buhari should resign and Hand over to Osinbanjo but since Buharis is wasting time we have no choice than to vote them all out
Re: Herdsmen Crisis: I Will Resign If Killings Have Religious Undertone - Osinbajo by Ovamboland(m): 9:41am On May 17, 2018
SalamRushdie:

Where did I say Osinbanjo to resign? I am always of the opinion that Buhari should resign and Hand over to Osinbanjo but since Buharis is wasting time we have no choice than to vote them all out

When you say he should act can you enumerate the actions he's Constitutionally empowered to carry out as VP that he has not apart from resignation which you just denied you meant by 'act'
Re: Herdsmen Crisis: I Will Resign If Killings Have Religious Undertone - Osinbajo by columbus007(m): 10:10am On May 17, 2018
lol,you can take that to the bank and cash out...those who have ears let them hear.
Re: Herdsmen Crisis: I Will Resign If Killings Have Religious Undertone - Osinbajo by ANOWEDGREAT: 10:14am On May 17, 2018
dapelua:
Professor Yemi Osinbajo has vowed to resign as Nigeria’s vice president, if there is any religious connotation to the incessant killings by suspected herdsmen in Benue and other parts of the country.
According to Independent, the nation’s number two citizen also said if he and President Muhammadu Buhari fail to handle the crisis, he would resign.
READ ALSO: US wishes Muslims happy, prosperous Ramadan
NAIJ.com gathers that Osinbajo’s comments were in reaction to statements made by indigenes of Benue state, during the stakeholders’ meeting which took place on Wednesday, May 16, at the Banquet hall of the Benue People’s House, Makurdi.
In particular, Osinbajo was reacting to the speech by Bishop William Avenya of the Gboko dioceses of the Catholic Church, who said God would hold the vice president responsible, if he fails to act.
The vice president also said the ruling All Progressive Congress (APC) government will prove there is no agenda to Islamise the nation; and that it would do so by protecting the people of the state from further attacks, and rebuilding the waste places.
He stated: “As a matter of fact, I’m also a priest and I’m a Christian, a born again Christian. Because I’m a born again Christian, my destiny is not determined by any man but by God whom I serve.
“Let me assure you that under no circumstance, none whatsoever, will I give up my faith or refuse to stand up for my faith. You can take that to the bank.
“Even the position that I currently occupy, I did not ask for it and I’m prepared to leave (resign) it at a short notice. It doesn’t mean anything (to me).”
Recall that NAIJ.com previously reported that Vice President Yemi Osinbajo denied claims that the killings in Benue were the outcome of a planned agenda to eliminate the people.
He said the anger and disappointment expressed by the people of Benue was right and justified; but assured them that the federal government was committed to providing security for their protection.

OLODO proffesor so at this stage he is yet read the hand writing on the wall until the Islamic extremists decend on him and his family before it will become very clear to him that all this killings of christains all over the country have religious undertone?
Re: Herdsmen Crisis: I Will Resign If Killings Have Religious Undertone - Osinbajo by orisa37: 12:47pm On May 17, 2018
It has North Africa, Ecowas, Caliphate, Sudan and Saudi Arabian Undertone. They are all Muslim but don't resign 'cos Nigeria loves you. And God is working on you.
Re: Herdsmen Crisis: I Will Resign If Killings Have Religious Undertone - Osinbajo by orisa37: 12:56pm On May 17, 2018
Just a second thought, you mean you know nothing about the Sharia and the Fulani Herdsmen Migration Bills in the National Assembly?
Re: Herdsmen Crisis: I Will Resign If Killings Have Religious Undertone - Osinbajo by Deputy1111(m): 2:06pm On May 17, 2018
Paperwhite:
VP Osinbajo is a disgrace to christainhood.He should just close his mouth abeg. angry

says who....why cant you just keep you dirty mouth shut
Re: Herdsmen Crisis: I Will Resign If Killings Have Religious Undertone - Osinbajo by Deputy1111(m): 2:10pm On May 17, 2018
Ovamboland:

NB: And your antics are well known here your intentions is not genuine concern for the lives lost but to see the back of this government in furtherance of the objectives of your looting spree PDP paymasters.

Nice one
Re: Herdsmen Crisis: I Will Resign If Killings Have Religious Undertone - Osinbajo by Deputy1111(m): 2:29pm On May 17, 2018
OritaIbadan:

the way you are going you will soon start calling your parent idiotic pigs of Biafra.

he has never been part of you and he will never be....
Re: Herdsmen Crisis: I Will Resign If Killings Have Religious Undertone - Osinbajo by Deputy1111(m): 2:35pm On May 17, 2018
ANOWEDGREAT:

OLODO proffesor so at this stage he is yet read the hand writing on the wall until the Islamic extremists decend on him and his family before it will become very clear to him that all this killings of christains all over the country have religious undertone?

But what about the muslim involved in the killings....what can you say about that
Re: Herdsmen Crisis: I Will Resign If Killings Have Religious Undertone - Osinbajo by Deputy1111(m): 2:47pm On May 17, 2018
OritaIbadan:

I love the later part of your comment that osinbajo might be trying,,,it is a clear point that he is trying,,but instead of critisizing him..why cant we give our support in order for him to do better....this is not the time to be talking about resign or no resign...
Re: Herdsmen Crisis: I Will Resign If Killings Have Religious Undertone - Osinbajo by Deputy1111(m): 2:53pm On May 17, 2018
Ovamboland:

When you say he should act can you enumerate the actions he's Constitutionally empowered to carry out as VP that he has not apart from resignation which you just denied you meant by 'act'

If you say you will vote them out but God want them there nko,,,,,lobatan....
Re: Herdsmen Crisis: I Will Resign If Killings Have Religious Undertone - Osinbajo by OritaIbadan: 3:49pm On May 17, 2018
Deputy1111:

he has never been part of you and he will never be....
what is this one saying? that is the problem of you sai Buhari chantters, anyone who differs with you automatically becomes an IPOB. If saying the truth makes me an Ipob or Ibo so be it.
Re: Herdsmen Crisis: I Will Resign If Killings Have Religious Undertone - Osinbajo by Ovamboland(m): 10:50pm On May 17, 2018
ANOWEDGREAT:

Your disposition shows you're not prepared for any assignment beyond the family unit level. You'd likely fail if given responsibility even at street or estate level.
Re: Herdsmen Crisis: I Will Resign If Killings Have Religious Undertone - Osinbajo by limeta(f): 11:04pm On May 17, 2018
Babacele:
we know it is PDP's trait to annihilate,forge,deceive and destroy. Ask victims of boko haram that Pi Di Pi promoted by stealing defence budgets.

Pls dont quote me again I ve no time for foolishness
Re: Herdsmen Crisis: I Will Resign If Killings Have Religious Undertone - Osinbajo by Babacele: 11:16pm On May 17, 2018
limeta:

Pls dont quote me again I ve no time for foolishness
that description aptly fits you and I can quote yoy all I can as long as you continue to misinform the public... debunk any of my claims above or just wallow privately in your proud ignorance.
Re: Herdsmen Crisis: I Will Resign If Killings Have Religious Undertone - Osinbajo by conehead2018: 12:05am On May 18, 2018
Paperwhite:
VP Osinbajo is a disgrace to christainhood.He should just close his mouth abeg. angry
Jesus how come I underestimated this guys idiocy.
Re: Herdsmen Crisis: I Will Resign If Killings Have Religious Undertone - Osinbajo by conehead2018: 12:06am On May 18, 2018
xedyl:
It's part of his job to cover up for his boss. I jez pity this man called "OSHI"......... banjo.
he should atleast shut his ewedu mouth for once.
Re: Herdsmen Crisis: I Will Resign If Killings Have Religious Undertone - Osinbajo by Burukpe: 4:08am On May 18, 2018
Mr Vice President, you rather pls resign from office now because of your ignorance. Have you thought of the young Christian school girl who was kidnapped alongside with her classmates at Dapchi and never let go but for her faith?. Pls stop blabbing and do the needful. RESIGN NOW.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Donald Duke And Apga Will Divide South South/south East Votes / 6 People Who may have wished PMB Dead In 2016 And 2017 / Seems Redeemed Christian Church Of God Is Not Backing Buhari's Reelection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.