Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,149 members, 7,818,451 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:08 PM

American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! - Foreign Affairs (1531) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! (1609138 Views)

American Politics For Republicans And Lovers Of Truth And Reason / President Bolsonaro Imported The Devilish American Politics To Brazil(photos) / What Does A Biden Presidency Have To Offer Us-africa Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1528) (1529) (1530) (1531) (1532) (1533) (1534) ... (4137) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by wirinet(m): 8:19am On Nov 08, 2020
pryme:

And the acceptance speech by Joe Biden?
Is that also "Projecting"?

You guys have played your card, it's time for Trump to play his.
If he looses in court he will quietly leave the WH, so you have nothing to fear.
After Trump was projected to be the winner of the 2016 elections, didn't Clinton immediately concede and Trump gave an acceptance speech? Is that not how elections had been conducted in the US from time immemorial? Why should this one be different?

Almost all other elections - Senate and house, had had losing candidates concede and winning candidates give acceptance speeches.

If by some miracle the results are overturned, it doesn't stop the new winner from being sworn into office.

The main koko is the swearing in. No one becomes president until the official results are released, the delegates vote in the electoral college and the president is sworn in.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by ribbit: 8:23am On Nov 08, 2020
Joe biden giving special thanks to african americans is the stuff I love to see.

5 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by pryme(m): 8:23am On Nov 08, 2020
wirinet:

After Trump was projected to be the winner of the 2016 elections, didn't Clinton immediately concede and Trump gave an acceptance speech? Is that not how elections had been conducted in the US from time immemorial? Why should this one be different?

Almost all other elections - Senate and house, had had losing candidates concede and winning candidates give acceptance speeches.

If by some miracle the results are overturned, it doesn't stop the new winner from being sworn into office.

The main koko is the swearing in. No one becomes president until the official results are released, the delegates vote in the electoral college and the president is sworn in.

Has Biden been declared the winner?
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by wirinet(m): 8:43am On Nov 08, 2020
pryme:

Has Biden been declared the winner?
Has the electoral college voted.

Stop whining and wailing and join the celebrations.

I have Dom Perignon Rose, Vintage 2002 to celebrate the defeat of Trump. You are invited.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by bayelsaowei(m): 8:59am On Nov 08, 2020
wirinet:
Here is Senator Joe Biden in 1986 criticising the way the Reagan administration was patronising the white South African government. He was passionately in support of black South Africans and against apartheid. He was responsible for the sanctions the US congress imposed on the apartheid regime in South Africa, which contributed to the end of white minority rule in South Africa.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_v00iGJCLY

And some uncle toms will come online and accuse President elect Joe Biden of being racist, and Trump who had never supported any black cause of doing more for blacks than Jesus.
how come this video was hidden all this while? See how smooth and eloquent Biden was back then..old age is really not a good friend..

Biden pushed against white oppression in SA and many call him racist...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by LordReed(m): 9:01am On Nov 08, 2020
wirinet:

I have Dom Perignon Rose, Vintage 2002 to celebrate the defeat of Trump. You are invited.

My guy enjoy your Rose, let these dreamers keep dreaming of a victory that can never be. LMAO!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by pryme(m): 9:04am On Nov 08, 2020
wirinet:

You are celebrating when Biden has not been declared winner?
Oops sorry I asked.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Hathor5(f): 9:13am On Nov 08, 2020
fieryy:
Gosh, Trump supporters here are such joy killers!

Anyway, I'm so happy Biden won. Sure he has some flaws and is certainly not perfect...nobody is.

I have not once addressed Trump as 'President Trump'. He represents all of America's flaws and everything America ought to get rid off.

I have to admit though, I'm upset a lot of people actually still voted for Trump and I can't help but wonder if Biden would have still won the election, if not for the coronavirus situation. Despite the huge voter turnout, the race was still tight. The fact that almost half of the population voted for someone like Trump is sth to worry about.

What do you all believe has to change?

You have to put it in perspective. Many people who voted red did not vote for Trump but for Republicans. As you know there are red and blue states in the US and their voting pattern barely changes no matter who the face of the party is. Also remember that those who are registered Republican/Democrat are automatically counted as such until they make a conscious effort not to be counted as such in a particular election.

Now take a look at the so called swing states and states that voted red in the last election and you will see how they have been flipped against Republicans and in favor of Democrats because Donny did such a good job. grin

Wisconsin flipped
Georgia flipped
Pennsylvania flipped
Michigan flipped
Arizona flipped

These are just a few examples. Biden won other swing states as well and was close to winning in some hardcore red states. Trump lost BIGLY.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by sanpipita(m): 9:14am On Nov 08, 2020
Netanyhu has congratulated Biden let Trumpets continue crying the world is moving on

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by wirinet(m): 9:20am On Nov 08, 2020
LordReed:
C

My guy enjoy your Rose, let these dreamers keep dreaming of a victory that can never be. LMAO!

God bless you my brother.
Wish we nairaland Biden supporters can come together for a drink. We would even invite Trump supporters. Politics should not cause us to hate each other.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by LordReed(m): 9:41am On Nov 08, 2020
wirinet:

Wish we nairaland Biden supporters can come together for a drink. We would even invite Trump supporters. Politics should not cause us to hate each other.

For sure bruv!

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by LordReed(m): 9:42am On Nov 08, 2020
Real human beings

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by MaziShalaye: 9:43am On Nov 08, 2020
Thousands gathering to celebrate Biden's victory without social distancing or face masking, should tell you that Covid19 is just a mere sham of a virus created by China to remove their nightmare (Trump) and install their runs boy (Biden).
Watch as how lamestream media diverts attention away from the pandemic in the coming days.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Hathor5(f): 9:45am On Nov 08, 2020
CutieKing:
The sitiation currently going on here in the US is a sharp contrast to what happened in 2016 when trump was declared the winner.Instead of widespread celebrations,there were widespread protests across the nation
This surely means a lot in terms of widespread acceptance this call has shown.

My faith in mankind has been restored. smiley

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Cyberterror: 9:48am On Nov 08, 2020
ribbit:
Joe biden given special thanks to african americans is the stuff I love to see.

Yeah, they did it for him in Georgia. It was a spectacle.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Cyberterror: 9:49am On Nov 08, 2020
sanpipita:
Netanyhu has congratulated Biden let Trumpets continue crying the world is moving on

Any links? This is very very interesting.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Nobody: 9:52am On Nov 08, 2020
Hathor5:

You have to put it in perspective. Many people who voted red [i] did not vote for Trump [/i ]but for Republicans. As you know there are red and blue states in the US and their voting pattern barely changes no matter who the face of the party is. Also remember that those who are registered Republican/Democrat are automatically counted as such until they make a conscious effort not to be counted as such in a particular election.

Now take a look at the so called swing states and states that voted red in the last election and you will see how they have been flipped against Republicans and in favor of Democrats because Donny did such a good job. grin

Wisconsin flipped
Georgia flipped
Pennsylvania flipped
Michigan flipped
Arizona flipped

These are just a few examples. Biden won other swing states as well and was close to winning in some hardcore red states. Trump lost BIGLY.

You're right. I don't like the US electoral college system. In Germany people elect with two votes. The first one is for your preferable candidate and the second vote is used to elect a party. I find it wild that even though Trump lost the popular vote, the race was still considered tight, due that stupid system. It's the reason Trump even won the first one in the first place lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Hathor5(f): 9:58am On Nov 08, 2020
fieryy:

You're right. I don't like the US electoral college system. In Germany people elect with two votes. The first one is for your preferable candidate and the second vote is used to elect a party. I find it wild that even though Trump lost the popular vote, the race was still considered tight, due that stupid system. It's the reason Trump even won the first one in the first place lipsrsealed

Some argue that the electoral college system is outdated.

I like the idea of having two votes. cheesy And I prefer proportional representation too but the system has worked for America so far and I don't see it change soon.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Hathor5(f): 10:03am On Nov 08, 2020
MaziShalaye:
Thousands gathering to celebrate Biden's victory without social distancing or face masking, should tell you that Covid19 is just a mere sham of a virus created by China to remove their nightmare (Trump) and install their runs boy (Biden).
Watch as how lamestream media diverts attention away from the pandemic in the coming days.

Whatever Trump fans are smoking, this shit strong.

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by wirinet(m): 10:05am On Nov 08, 2020
pryme:

You are celebrating when Biden has not been declared winner?
Oops sorry I asked.
Not only me celebrating, Benjamin Nathenyahu, Justin Trudeau, Boris Johnson, Muhammadu Buhari, Michael Martin, Scott Morrison, Moon Jae-in and so many world leaders are celebrating with us.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by sanpipita(m): 10:32am On Nov 08, 2020
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by flyingpig: 10:34am On Nov 08, 2020
fieryy:
Gosh, Trump supporters here are such joy killers!

Anyway, I'm so happy Biden won. Sure he has some flaws and is certainly not perfect...nobody is.

I have not once addressed Trump as 'President Trump'. He represents all of America's flaws and everything America ought to get rid off.

I have to admit though, I'm upset a lot of people actually still voted for Trump and I can't help but wonder if Biden would have still won the election, if not for the coronavirus situation. Despite the huge voter turnout, the race was still tight. The fact that almost half of the population voted for someone like Trump is sth to worry about.

What do you all believe has to change?
You spent 4 whooping years hating on someone who never aknowledged your existence shocked
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Tbasicme: 11:00am On Nov 08, 2020
sexylassie2:

I think you have comprehension problems

I was talking about Mixed race(black and white). Mixed race aren't considered Black by many black people(both parent black) mixed races are only classified as black for political and exploitations reasons.

Barack Obama and harris are of mixed race, just because you are lighter doesn't make you mixed

Also in liberal Hollywood, politics and the music industry, the lighter you are especially if you are from a mixed race background, the more opportunity you have.

These are simple historical facts and a trend

So it's now mixed race. Please don't be a racist. Humans are humans irrespective of race. Most problems in the world today are caused by racism. Some race see others as inferior to them. Untill we all appreciate our uniqueness we all won't move forward

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Tbasicme: 11:06am On Nov 08, 2020
MaziShalaye:

Just admit the fact that Biden won. Time to move on bro. grin

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by salford1: 11:13am On Nov 08, 2020
bayelsaowei:
how come this video was hidden all this while? See how smooth and eloquent Biden was back then..old age is really not a good friend..

Biden pushed against white oppression in SA and many call him racist...
On the other hand, I remember this from 2018. Trump is racist, and he has never hidden his racism.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Tbasicme: 11:13am On Nov 08, 2020
sexylassie2:
Sleepy joe won, no more covid 19 news, all communists are on the streets dancing.

Biden supporters and antifa are fighting
Biden supporters and black lives matter are all fighting on the street.

Congratulate Biden and move on dear. You need to move on.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by salford1: 11:16am On Nov 08, 2020
sanpipita:
Saudi Arabia has congratulated Biden too cheesy
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by anyaekekehinde(m): 11:17am On Nov 08, 2020
wirinet:
Here is Senator Joe Biden in 1986 criticising the way the Reagan administration was patronising the white South African government. He was passionately in support of black South Africans and against apartheid. He was responsible for the sanctions the US congress imposed on the apartheid regime in South Africa, which contributed to the end of white minority rule in South Africa.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_v00iGJCLY

And some uncle toms will come online and accuse President elect Joe Biden of being racist, and Trump who had never supported any black cause of doing more for blacks than Jesus.

Wow.... I like Donald Trump, but this has changed my view on Joe Biden.

Biden has my Respect for this.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by salford1: 11:20am On Nov 08, 2020
wirinet:

Americans are moving on but Umudike republicans are still in a state of denial. After 3 weeks, they would go through the kubler-Ross grief cycle and would be alright las las. cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by salford1: 11:23am On Nov 08, 2020
Hathor5:

My faith in mankind has been restored. smiley
Me too. smiley
Fascism was quickly stamped out before it could grow deep roots in the US.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by salford1: 11:28am On Nov 08, 2020
fieryy:

In Canada, it's the popular votes which is also directly proportional to the number of members of parliament/party. Ontario has the largest population and number of Parliament seats; hence, that part of Canada determines who would become the next Prime minister.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by sexylassie2(f): 11:32am On Nov 08, 2020
Facism is a form of authoritarian givernment characterized by [b]dictatorial power, forcible suppression of opposition and strong regimentation of society [/b]and of the economy.

Who is a fascist between Trump and Biden?

The definition of Facism will give the answer.

Who censor opposition view? Democrats controlled media
Who suppressed information? Democrats
Who uses the races as a divide and conquer tool? Democrats

Who now is the president of facism? joe biden.
Joe biden wins by fraud and all opposition views are being purged and censored on social media and the press.

WELCOME TO FACIST AMERICA

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1528) (1529) (1530) (1531) (1532) (1533) (1534) ... (4137) (Reply)

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.