Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,095 members, 7,821,788 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:27 PM

American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! - Foreign Affairs (1848) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! (1619282 Views)

American Politics For Republicans And Lovers Of Truth And Reason / President Bolsonaro Imported The Devilish American Politics To Brazil(photos) / What Does A Biden Presidency Have To Offer Us-africa Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1845) (1846) (1847) (1848) (1849) (1850) (1851) ... (4139) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by feedthenation(m): 7:07pm On Jan 06, 2021
PrideofLincoln1:
Both the House and the Senate just convened to officially ratify the electoral votes to confirm Boden as the next POTUS. The circus Barker is in DC barking at his Nazis and Klans that idolize him. Two more weeks for Trump's lunacy to go upstream. Bye bye to the worst human to ever seat behind the Resolute Desk.

---MAGAs should be disappointed with Donald Trump---he hasn't announced the Insurrection Act yet as they hoped---

4 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 7:12pm On Jan 06, 2021
budaatum:
You don't know how ridiculous you are. Imagine President of the Senate and Vice President Gore refusing to affirm the election of George W. Bush who beat him.

That's what you are expecting Pence to do.

Does he have the power to delay the electoral college counts?
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by nateevs(m): 7:13pm On Jan 06, 2021
The first drama written been shut down by Pence. No debates.

5 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 7:14pm On Jan 06, 2021
NBC is reporting that Biden will nominate Ketanji Brown Jackson to Merrick Garland's seat and making her replace Justice Breyer

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by feedthenation(m): 7:16pm On Jan 06, 2021
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by feedthenation(m): 7:19pm On Jan 06, 2021
nateevs:
The first drama written been shut down by Pence. No debates.

---Press release from VP Mike Pence Office---

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by PrideofLincoln1(m): 7:21pm On Jan 06, 2021
feedthenation:

---MAGAs should be disappointed with Donald Trump---he hasn't announced the Insurrection Act yet as they hoped---
No one takes Trump seriously anymore except the brainless MAGAs who are of no consequence in the scheme of things. They are still in DC listening to the rants of a sick pathological lying piece of human waste.

4 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 7:21pm On Jan 06, 2021
feedthenation:

MAGA world is in disarray grin

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by feedthenation(m): 7:22pm On Jan 06, 2021
Ladyhippolyta88:

---Pence: “It is my considered judgment that my oath to support and defend the Constitution constrains me from claiming unilateral authority to determine which electoral votes should be counted and which should not---

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by PrideofLincoln1(m): 7:23pm On Jan 06, 2021
feedthenation:

That's not surprising because Pence role is just ceremonial. America is founded on a solid foundation of Rules of Laws that has been serving her well for 244 years. Trump will go away like a foul gas that only stinks for a few seconds.

7 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by PrideofLincoln1(m): 7:24pm On Jan 06, 2021
Ladyhippolyta88:

That makes me happy. I am dancing to Shaku Shaku right now in the isle.

4 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by feedthenation(m): 7:28pm On Jan 06, 2021
PrideofLincoln1:

---MAGAs have breached the Capitol Building---

https://twitter.com/i/status/1346881968819105792

4 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 7:30pm On Jan 06, 2021
basilico:

Does he have the power to delay the electoral college counts?
Delay? For like hours or days? Yes. The procedure is the process is suspended, both Houses return to their houses, debate, vote, and return to validate.

They are currently doing precisely that for Arizona which is being contested, and would likely repeat the procedure for every state Biden won.

It will take a while, but it's no more than the comedy of Republicans showing their stupidity and disrespect for the Constitution.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 7:30pm On Jan 06, 2021
PrideofLincoln1:

Dance .Trump supporters have breached the Capitol building.

There will be twists and turns .

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Kophschmerzen: 7:33pm On Jan 06, 2021
The GOP Kabuki dance of shame is on, disappointed with the AG pick. For an election won on the back of black right groups, we don't need a police friend. We need a person that's ready to tear down the racist criminal justice system, police and sentencing reforms.

6 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Obrigardo: 7:35pm On Jan 06, 2021
I can't believe it, Mitch is burning trump on the Senate floor right now. Wow grin grin shocked

6 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by happney65: 7:35pm On Jan 06, 2021
basilico:

Dance .Trump supporters have breached the Capitol building.

There will be twists and turns .

And if they do anyhow, they will be shot by the police and their bodies fed to the birds. tongue

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 7:35pm On Jan 06, 2021
Kophschmerzen:
The GOP Kabuki dance of shame is on, disappointed with the AG pick. For an election won on the back of black right groups, we don't need a police friend. We need a person that's ready to tear down the racist criminal justice system, police and sentencing reforms.
Exactly I knew many will be disappointed but Biden is a moderate give him time
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 7:37pm On Jan 06, 2021
Obrigardo:
I can't believe it, Mitch is burning trump on the Senate floor right now. Wow grin grin shocked
Trump is of no use to him and also Trump cost him the senate grin

4 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Kophschmerzen: 7:37pm On Jan 06, 2021
Ladyhippolyta88:

Exactly I knew many will be disappointed but Biden is a moderate give him time

If he's not bringing FDR styled changes to the table, y'all better get ready for bloodbath in 22 and 24.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 7:40pm On Jan 06, 2021
Kophschmerzen:

If he's bringing FDR styled changes to the table, y'all better get ready for bloodbath in 22 and 24.
Na dem sabi dems may even do better in 2022 and 2024 so you guys should be calm I don't even like his pick too but dems are not stupid I want to believe they will not take the blacks and others for granted just give them time
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by nateevs(m): 7:40pm On Jan 06, 2021
Obrigardo:

Moscow Mitch turning US Mitch on the floor. Burning MAGA to the floor.

4 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 7:40pm On Jan 06, 2021
Turtleneck is now saying nonsense anyway the summary be say he nor go support Trump
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Kophschmerzen: 7:41pm On Jan 06, 2021
Ladyhippolyta88:

Na dem sabi dems may even do better in 2022 and 2024 so you guys should be calm I don't even like his pick too but dems are not stupid I want to believe they will not take the blacks and others for granted just give them time

I hope.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by salford1: 7:42pm On Jan 06, 2021
feedthenation:
---Trump roasting GOPs---

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLFBLpHIIIQ
He never liked the GOP. It was just a means to an end for him.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by seunmsg(m): 7:42pm On Jan 06, 2021
A very Frank and straightforward speech from Mitch. He will be voting to protect the constitution and the right of Americans to vote and elect their president as it is known.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 7:43pm On Jan 06, 2021
Kophschmerzen:

I hope.
If they do and take them for granted then they deserve whatever bloodbath they receive I wanna believe they won't risk it and do as expected maybe not all but they should be seen to be trying
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by happney65: 7:48pm On Jan 06, 2021
Ladyhippolyta88:

If they do and take them for granted then they deserve whatever bloodbath they receive I wanna believe they won't risk it and do as expected maybe not all but they should be seen to be trying

Black Men and women are already at the top echelon of Biden's administration.. Biden might even do just a term with a black woman taking over from him.. so I dont undersyand what you mean by taking black people for granted?

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by PrideofLincoln1(m): 7:49pm On Jan 06, 2021
Kophschmerzen:
Buddy, who is your choice for the AG ?. Biden has appointed more Blacks and Hispanics to positions of power more than any American President in History and more so than Obama.

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by PrideofLincoln1(m): 7:51pm On Jan 06, 2021
happney65:

Black Men and women are already at the top echelon of Biden's administration.. Biden might even do just a term with a black woman taking over from him.. so I dont undersyand what you mean by taking black people for granted?
Good question that I just asked my sidekick. A President should be for all people not just for the Black people and I am a very proud life long Democrat.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by raumdeuter: 7:54pm On Jan 06, 2021
Mitch could not even wait for Trumps dead body to be cold before burying him
Trump will know his real friends on January 21

4 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by raumdeuter: 7:57pm On Jan 06, 2021
Boehner: "I have Democrat friends and Republican friends," he said, according to The Stanford Daily, a student-run paper. "I get along with almost everyone, but I have never worked with a more miserable son of a biiitch in my life(Ted Cruz)."

This statement is even more appropriate after this Ted Cruz speech

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (1845) (1846) (1847) (1848) (1849) (1850) (1851) ... (4139) (Reply)

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread

Viewing this topic: bemeruca

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.