Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,429 members, 7,815,967 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:29 PM

American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! - Foreign Affairs (193) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! (1598364 Views)

American Politics For Republicans And Lovers Of Truth And Reason / President Bolsonaro Imported The Devilish American Politics To Brazil(photos) / What Does A Biden Presidency Have To Offer Us-africa Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) ... (4136) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by 7Alexandre: 1:58am On Mar 25, 2019
woodsbeatrice30:
In as much as I might not be a great Fan of Trump,But am sorry to tell whining Liberals that with his exoneration by Mueller,Trump might just win in 2020.. grin grin grin

Stop spread false news!!!

Trump was not exonerated...

This is exactly what Barr’s summary report says & I quote:

While the report does not conclude that the President Committed a crime, it does not exonerate him

Keyword: It does not exonerate him

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Nobody: 4:56am On Mar 25, 2019
7Alexandre:

While the report does not conclude that the President Committed a crime, it does not exonerate him

If you read further it says and I quote, "The Special Counsel's decision to describe the facts of his obstruction investigation without reaching any legal conclusions leaves it to the Attorney General to determine whether the conduct described in the report constitutes a crime".

And this is what William Barr and his deputy said "After reviewing the Special Counsel's final report on these issues; consulting with Department officials, including the Office of Legal Counsel; and applying the principles of federal prosecution that guide our charging decisions, Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein and I have concluded that the evidence developed during the Special Counsel's investigation is not sufficient to establish that the President committed an obstruction-of-justice offense".
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Nobody: 5:02am On Mar 25, 2019
7Alexandre:

So that statement has been clarified by William Barr. The special counsel work is finished and done, no more indictments. No collusion, which was why the investigation was created and no obstruction of justice.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by 7Alexandre: 5:07am On Mar 25, 2019
oghale23:

If you read further it says and I quote, "The Special Counsel's decision to describe the facts of his obstruction investigation without reaching any legal conclusions leaves it to the Attorney General to determine whether the conduct described in the report constitutes a crime".

And this is what William Barr and his deputy said "After reviewing the Special Counsel's final report on these issues; consulting with Department officials, including the Office of Legal Counsel; and applying the principles of federal prosecution that guide our charging decisions, Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein and I have concluded that the evidence developed during the Special Counsel's investigation is not sufficient to establish that the President committed an obstruction-of-justice offense".

It’s usually Congress that debates whether or not a Sitting President Commited an Obstruction of Justice...

You need to go back to the Bill Clinton Era & Nixon Era...

I wouldn’t jump into any hasty conclusions until the full report is released...
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by 7Alexandre: 5:09am On Mar 25, 2019
oghale23:

So that statement has been clarified by the William Barr. The special counsel work is finished and done, no more indictments. No collusion, which was why the investigation was created and no obstruction of justice.

Besides William Barr was nominated by Trump as Attorney General after he fired Attorney General Sessions for recusing himself from the Russian investigation...

Did you actually think that Attorney General William Barr will indict his Boss?

Someone who singlehanded picked him up & made him an Attorney General...

I will leave you to answer that question...

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by 7Alexandre: 5:21am On Mar 25, 2019
And for those of you not aware of the politics at play it’s very important for y’all to read the 18 Page Memo written by Attorney General William Barr in June 2018 criticizing & undermining the Special Counsel Muller investigation...

It’s definitely an eye opener...
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Nobody: 5:25am On Mar 25, 2019
7Alexandre:

It’s usually Congress that debates whether or not a Sitting President Commited an Obstruction of Justice...

You need to go back to the Bill Clinton Era & Nixon Era...

I wouldn’t jump into any hasty conclusions until the full report is released...

Okay, let us wait till then. But I just wanted to make it clear. To my knowledge the special counsel's job is not to speculate, if the president committed a crime, their job is to indict and if they found out he didn't, then the president is a free man.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by 7Alexandre: 5:28am On Mar 25, 2019
oghale23:

Okay, let us wait till then. But I just wanted to make it clear. To my knowledge the special counsel's job is not to speculate, if the president committed a crime, their job is to indict and if they found out he didn't, then the president is a free.

Indicting a sitting President will throw the country into a Constitutional Crisis...

Besides, I believe Special Counsel Robert Muller was following established DOJ Guidelines which specifically states that a sitting President of the United States cannot be indicted...
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Nobody: 5:29am On Mar 25, 2019
7Alexandre:

Besides William Barr was nominated by Trump as Attorney General after he fired Attorney General Sessions for recusing himself from the Russian investigation...

Did you actually think that Attorney General William Barr will indict his Boss?

Someone who singlehanded picked him up & made him an Attorney General...

I will leave you to answer that question...

Well, I found out that William Barr and Robert Mueller are also friends, their wives attend bible study together.

According to Wikipedia, "Barr and Robert Mueller have known each other since the 1980s and have been described as good friends. Mueller attended the weddings of two of Barr's daughters, and their wives attend Bible study together".

So I doubt if Barr will twist or cover the facts to suit his boss.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Nobody: 5:30am On Mar 25, 2019
7Alexandre:

Indicting a sitting President will throw the country into a Constitutional Crisis...

Besides, I believe Special Counsel Robert Muller was following established DOJ Guidelines which specifically states that a sitting President of the United States cannot be indicted...

Yes that is correct.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by 7Alexandre: 5:41am On Mar 25, 2019
oghale23:

Well, I found out that William Barr and Robert Mueller are also friends, their wives attend bible study together.

According to Wikipedia, "Barr and Robert Mueller have known each other since the 1980s and have been described as good friends. Mueller attended the weddings of two of Barr's daughters, and their wives attend Bible study together".

So I doubt if Barr will twist or cover the facts to suit his boss.

Why wouldn’t he twist or cover the facts?

He has already proven to be a biased conservative even before his nomination as Attorney General...
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by garetz: 6:53am On Mar 25, 2019
7Alexandre:

You liberals can lie for Africa. The report was final on there was no collusion. It is on obstruction of muller that the report used that language While the report does not conclude that the President Committed a crime, it does not exonerate him. The whole Mueller investigation was to find out if Trump colluded with Russia or not. The report was emphatic that he did not. All these spin you people are trying to put on it just shows how desperate you have become. You don't want to get the truth, you just want to get Trump at any cost. The Truth is that the report said clearly that there was no collusion and now people like you and the fake news media want to make it about obstruction of what? An investigation that shouldn't have happened in the first place. Anyway, Barr and Rosenstein have both agreed that there was no obstruction anyway so that argument is also dead on arrival
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by garetz: 7:04am On Mar 25, 2019
oghale23:

All these has to do is with the media and liberal loons trying to twist things. There was no ambiguity, the report totally exonorates Trump from any accusation of collusion with Russia. These liberals are just desperate people who want to get trump by all means whether by hook or crook. Just wait when the full report is released, they will still not accept it because they were not after justice in the first place, they were just after Trump and that's what this is all about
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by garetz: 7:10am On Mar 25, 2019
7Alexandre:

Why wouldn’t he twist or cover the facts?

He has already proven to be a biased conservative even before his nomination as Attorney General...
But Mueller is still alive, do you think Barr and Rosenstein are foolish to twist the reports of someone that is still alive to deny it? Rosenstein himself has never been a fan of Trump. What you are saying in essence is that somehow, Barr, Rosenstein and Mueller are now somehow colluding to hide criminal action by Trump? That's a stretch even for you liberals. Anyway, I challenge Congressional democrats to subpoena Mueller, let him say if the summary was doctored or not.

But first you have to stop lying that the report doesn't exonorate Trump on charges of collusion because it does exonerate him completely
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by 7Alexandre: 7:17am On Mar 25, 2019
garetz:

But Mueller is still alive, do you think Barr and Rosenstein are foolish to twist the reports of someone that is still alive to deny it? Rosemstein himself has never been a fan of Trump. What you are saying in essence is that somehow, Barr, Rosenstein and Mueller are now somehow colluding to hide criminal action by Trump? That's a stretch even for you liberals. Anyway, I challenge Congressional democrats to subpoena Mueller, let him say if the summary was doctored or not.

Do you know that Special Counsel Robert Muller was not consulted before the four page summary was release to the Media by Attorney General William Barr?

Like I said before both Congress & the General Public will need to see the Full Report submitted by Special Counsel Robert Muller to the DOJ...

A four page summary report isn’t gonna cut it...

Special Counsel Robert Muller never exonerated President Donald J Trump on Obtruction Charges while then would Attorney General William Barr exonerate him without a prior consultation with the Man tasked with doing the investigative job...

Moreover it’s Congress job to investigate evidence of obstruction charges & initiate proceedings if necessary...

I still stand by my previous statement that I won’t pass a full judgement until the Full Report by Special Counsel Robert Muller is released...
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by 7Alexandre: 7:20am On Mar 25, 2019
garetz:

All these has to do is with the media and liberal loons trying to twist things. There was no ambiguity, the report totally exonorates Trump from any accusation of collusion with Russia. These liberals are just desperate people who want to get trump by all means whether by hook or crook. Just wait when the full report is released, they will still not accept it because they were not after justice in the first place, they were just after Trump and that's what this is all about

Again you’re making a false statement...

Special Counsel Robert Muller in his own words never exonerated President Donald J Trump...

It was Attorney General William Barr a Trump Appointee who choose to override the Special Counsel Decision...

Don’t claim that President Donald J Trump is exonerated when the man tasked with the investigative job never explicitly say so in his own words...

Again we’re no longer talking about collusion...

We’re now talking about obstruction of Justice...

Did President Donald J Trump by his actions intend to obstruct justice?

Special Counsel Robert Muller thinks so but Attorney William Barr thinks otherwise...

Well that’s why we have the U.S. Congress

Congress must investigate as to whether or not President Donald J Trump actions amounted to obstruction of Justice & if necessary determine the next course of action...
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by garetz: 7:27am On Mar 25, 2019
7Alexandre:

Do you know that Special Counsel Robert Muller was not consulted before the four page summary was release to the Media by Attorney General William Barr?

Like I said before both Congress & the General Public will need to see the Full Report submitted by Special Counsel Robert Muller to the DOJ...

A four page summary report isn’t gonna cut it...

Special Counsel Robert Muller never exonerated President Donald J Trump on Obtruction Charges while then would Attorney General William Barr exonerate him without a prior consultation with the Man tasked with doing the investigative job...

Moreover it’s Congress job to investigate evidence of obstruction charges & initiate proceedings if necessary...

I still stand by my previous statement that I won’t pass a full judgement until the Full Report by Special Counsel Robert Muller is released...
And how do you know that Robert Mueller wasn't consulted before reaching the decision? Because CNN said so? The point is even mute. The special investigation was initiated to investigate collusion and the report has said there is none. On obstruction, the report left it to the AG and his deputy to decide and they both agree there was none. The AG has assured that he will release as much of the report as is legally possible to the public so I don't see anyone hiding anything here. But I know that even when that full report is released, people like you will still find s reason not to accept it
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by 7Alexandre: 7:30am On Mar 25, 2019
garetz:

You liberals can lie for Africa. The report was final on there was no collusion. It is on obstruction of muller that the report used that language While the report does not conclude that the President Committed a crime, it does not exonerate him. The whole Mueller investigation was to find out if Trump colluded with Russia or not. The report was emphatic that he did not. All these spin you people are trying to put on it just shows how desperate you have become. You don't want to get the truth, you just want to get Trump at any cost. The Truth is that the report said clearly that there was no collusion and now people like you and the fake news media want to make it about obstruction of what? An investigation that shouldn't have happened in the first place. Anyway, Barr and Rosenstein have both agreed that there was no obstruction anyway so that argument is also dead on arrival

We’re no longer talking about collusion...

Special Counsel Robert Muller was very clear that there was no evidence of collusion...

What we’re now trying to find out is if President Donald J Trump by his actions carried out an obstruction of justice

Special Counsel Robert Muller believe he did but Attorney General William Barr a Trump puppet & Appointee believes his Boss did not...

Now it’s left for the U.S. Congress to comb through the full unredacted Report from Special Counsel Robert Muller & then make a determination as to whether an obstruction of justice was carried out & if necessary initiate proceedings...

Again I would urge everyone to wait for the Full unredacted Report from Special Counsel Robert Mueller to avoid jumping into hasty conclusions...
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by garetz: 7:30am On Mar 25, 2019
7Alexandre:

Again you’re making a false statement...

Special Counsel Robert Muller in his own words never exonerated President Donald J Trump...

It was Attorney General William Barr a Trump Appointee who choose to override the Special Counsel Decision...

Don’t claim that President Donald J Trump is exonerated when the man tasked with the investigative job never explicitly say so in his own words...

Again we’re no longer talking about collusion...

We’re now talking about obstruction of Justice...

Did President Donald J Trump by his actions intend to obstruct justice?

Special Counsel Robert Muller thinks so but Attorney William Barr thinks otherwise...

Well that’s why we have the U.S. Congress

Congress must investigate as to whether or not President Donald J Trump actions amounted to obstruction of Justice & if necessary determine the next course of action...
Are you sure you even read the summary? Or maybe you need to go and read it again. The report states that there was not any evidence of collusion by either Trump or his campaign. And those were Muellers words not Barr's. It was on obstruction of the Mueller probe that the comment you referred to was made
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by garetz: 7:31am On Mar 25, 2019
7Alexandre:

We’re no longer talking about collusion...

Special Counsel Robert Muller was very clear that there was no evidence of collusion...

What we’re now trying to find out is if President Donald J Trump by his actions carried out an obstruction of justice

Special Counsel Robert Muller believe he did but Attorney General William Barr a Trump puppet & Appointee believes his Boss did not...

Now it’s left for the U.S. Congress to comb through the full unredacted Report from Special Counsel Robert Muller & then make a determination as to whether an obstruction of justice was carried out & if necessary initiate proceedings...

Again I would urge everyone to wait for the Full unredacted Report from Special Counsel Robert Mueller to avoid jumping into hasty conclusions...
What was the entire investigation about in the first place? Was it not to find out if Trump colluded with Russia or not?
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by 7Alexandre: 7:34am On Mar 25, 2019
garetz:

Are you sure you even read the summary? Or maybe you need to go and read it again. The report states that there was not any evidence of collusion by either Trump or his campaign. And those were Muellers words not Barr's. It was on obstruction of the Mueller probe that the comment you referred to was made

Didn’t I just say that Special Counsel Robert Muller said that there was no evidence of collusion?

Did you actually read my post or you just skim through them...

What we’re arguing about is obstruction of justice...

Did President Donald J Trump by his actions attempted to obstruct justice...

Special Counsel Robert Muller believes so...

If he didn’t obstruct justice then he would have explicitly stated that President Donald J Trump did not obstruct justice but he did not...
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by garetz: 7:37am On Mar 25, 2019
7Alexandre:

Didn’t I just say that Special Counsel Robert Muller said that there was no evidence of collusion?

Did you actually read my post or you just skim through them...

What we’re arguing about is obstruction of justice...

Did President Donald J Trump by his actions attempted to obstruct justice...

Special Counsel Robert Muller believes so...

If he didn’t obstruct justice then he would have explicitly stated that President Donald J Trump did not obstruct justice but he did not...
If he believed so, he should have written so in his report. What is he scared of? He decided to leave the decision to others and those others have decided that there was no obstruction.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by 7Alexandre: 7:38am On Mar 25, 2019
garetz:

What was the entire investigation about in the first place? Was it not to find out if Trump colluded with Russia or not?

You’re asking relevant questions...

The Special Counsel has broad authority...

This broad authority also includes trying to uncover whether or not President Donald J Trump attempted to obstruct Justice...

That’s why he is a Special Counsel...

Special Counsel have broad authority...

All they do is follow the lead...

If it leads them to Money Laudering, Obstruction of Justice & Collusion then it has to be investigated...

Now matter how much you guys complain, Special Counsel Robert Muller is within his right to explore every possible leads...
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by garetz: 7:41am On Mar 25, 2019
7Alexandre:

You’re asking relevant questions...

The Special Counsel has broad authority...

This broad authority also includes trying to uncover whether or not President Donald J Trump attempted to obstruct Justice...

That’s why he is a Special Counsel...

Special Counsel have broad authority...

All they do is follow the lead...

If it leads them to Money Laudering, Obstruction of Justice & Collusion then it has to be investigated...

Now matter how much you guys complain, Special Counsel Robert Muller is within his right to explore every possible leads...
The point is that after all his explorations, he didn't find anything against Trump
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by 7Alexandre: 7:42am On Mar 25, 2019
garetz:

If he believed so, he should have written so in his report. What is he scared of? He decided to leave the decision to others and those others have decided that there was no obstruction.

If he did so he would be throwing the entire nation into a Constitutional Crises...

Moreover he was operating under strict DOJ guidelines which specifically states that a sitting President cannot be indicted...

He did exactly what he was hired to do...

If President Donald J Trump didn’t obstruct justice he would have said so without any ambiguity...

Didn’t he say that President Donald J Trump did not collude with the Russians?

Then why couldn’t he also say in very simple concise term that President Donald J Trump did not obstruct justice...

But he didn’t...
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by 7Alexandre: 7:43am On Mar 25, 2019
garetz:

The point is that after all his explorations, he didn't find anything against Trump

Yes he did...

He did find that President Donald J Trump did obstruct Justice...

But President Donald J Trump didn’t collude with the Russians...
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by garetz: 7:54am On Mar 25, 2019
7Alexandre:

If he did so he would be throwing the entire nation into a Constitutional Crises...

Moreover he was operating under strict DOJ guidelines which specifically states that a sitting President cannot be indicted...

He did exactly what he was hired to do...

If President Donald J Trump didn’t obstruct justice he would have said so without any ambiguity...

Didn’t he say that President Donald J Trump did not collide with Russian?

Then why couldn’t he also say in very simple concise term that President Donald J Trump did not obstruct justice...

But he didn’t...

“For each of the relevant actions investigated, the report sets out evidence on both sides of the question and leave unresolved what the special counsel views as ‘difficult issues’ of law and fact concerning whether the President’s actions and intent could be viewed as obstruction,”

This is what the summary literally said. It's clear this has nothing to do with a desire not to indict a sitting president. Mueller was conflicted on if the president's actions amounted to obstruction so he pushed it to the DOJ to decide and they did, they said there was none
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by garetz: 7:54am On Mar 25, 2019
7Alexandre:

Yes he did...

He did find that President Donald J Trump did obstruct Justice...

But President Donald J Trump didn’t collude with the Russians...
Where in the report did he find that Trump obstructed justice undecided
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by garetz: 7:58am On Mar 25, 2019
Attorney general Barr and Deputy attorney general Rod Rosenstein found no evidence of obstruction.

“In cataloguing the President’s actions, many of which took place in public view, the (Mueller) report identifies no actions that, in our judgment, constitute obstructive conduct, had a nexus to a pending or contemplated proceeding, and were done with corrupt intent”

(1) (2) (3) ... (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) ... (4136) (Reply)

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread

Viewing this topic: Konkoja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.