Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,054 members, 7,821,627 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:00 PM

American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! - Foreign Affairs (2037) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! (1618957 Views)

American Politics For Republicans And Lovers Of Truth And Reason / President Bolsonaro Imported The Devilish American Politics To Brazil(photos) / What Does A Biden Presidency Have To Offer Us-africa Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2034) (2035) (2036) (2037) (2038) (2039) (2040) ... (4139) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by ono(m): 7:30am On Feb 21, 2021
edi287:

Excuses. There are places where wind and solar energy work just fine in winter weather's.
No amount of spinning will change the fact at hand.

And that’s another key point. “Places” point A may have a very high wind power potential than point B. So, you don’t expect the two points to churn out the same power generation rates.

The Ercot story up there doesn’t hold water. Texas is generally not so pummeled with snow like we are experiencing now in winter in recent years. Will you blame anyone for not investing in making their plants ready for “winter in Texas”? Have you any idea what it will takes to do that - capital wise, in the face of dwindling fortunes in the business ?
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by edi287: 7:34am On Feb 21, 2021
ono:

And that’s another key point. “Places” point A may have a very high wind power potential than point B. So, you don’t expect the two points to churn out the same power generation rates.

The Ercot story up there doesn’t hold water. Texas is generally not so pummeled with snow like we are experiencing now in winter in recent years. Will you blame anyone for not investing in making their plants ready for “winter in Texas”? Have you any idea what it will takes to do that - capital wise, in the face of dwindling fortunes in the business ?
You are contradicting yourself now. You guys have claimed this situation proves that renewable energy can't work and we're debunking it by showing windmills does work in places colder than it was in Texas.
Going by your logic - how long has Texas been using renewable energy and how long has there been a power outage like this as a result of power failure of plants fueled by renewable energy?

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by edi287: 7:35am On Feb 21, 2021
Goodvibes007:

T. Cruz (R- Cancun) is just an idiot with no leadership skills.

As per the crisis in Texas, all the blame belongs to the Texas GOP. They refused to winterize their infrastructure.
Heating and electricity bills went through the roof too, due to the fact that the useless GOP running the state has dodged federal regulation for years. Bunch of nincompoops.

Wind turbines are used extensively in Canada and Alaska. Bills in Minnesota are around 300 for both gas and electricity despite the fact that these regions are much colder than Texas.
They won't tell you this. Instead they're trying to use this to fuel their agenda against renewables...

5 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by ono(m): 7:35am On Feb 21, 2021
edi287:

You are contradicting yourself now. You guys have claimed this situation proves that renewable energy can't work and we're debunking it by showing windmills does work in places colder than it was in Texas.
Going by your logic - how long has Texas been using renewable energy and how long has there been a power outage like this as a result of power failure of plants fueled by renewable energy?

You probably haven’t been following my entries. Please quote where I ever said renewables are useless.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Goodvibes007: 7:39am On Feb 21, 2021
edi287:

They won't tell you this. Instead they're trying to use this to fuel their agenda against renewables...
Bunch of doofus those GOP.
About 56 percent of Texas' energy comes from natural gas, just under 24 percent comes from wind, 19 percent from coal, and almost 9 percent from nuclear energy. Yet they blame renewables. Dunces.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Goodvibes007: 7:50am On Feb 21, 2021
AOC raised $4M for Texas emergency aid
Beto O Rourke raised $1M for Texas emergency aid

Ted Cruz (R-Cancun) flew to paradise. This is what happens when dickheads are elected to leadership positions.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Kophschmerzen: 8:18am On Feb 21, 2021
edi287:

Manchin is a moderate. It's to be expected.

Moderate? Vote to confirm sexx predator like Kavs but wanna hold up on Neera for mean tweet. He's just an asss.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by JackBizzle: 10:18am On Feb 21, 2021
Goodvibes007:
AOC raised $4M for Texas emergency aid
Beto O Rourke raised $1M for Texas emergency aid

Ted Cruz (R-Cancun) flew to paradise. This is what happens when dickheads are elected to leadership positions.

Ono and Basilico, come and defend your Republican party.

What have your senators and political leaders in the party done?

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 10:27am On Feb 21, 2021
ono:

Will you blame anyone for not investing in making their plants ready for “winter in Texas”? Have you any idea what it will takes to do that - capital wise, in the face of dwindling fortunes in the business ?

Yes, ono, I blame Texas. If they had believed in climate change they'd have built in sufficient redundancy to cope with the unexpected regardless of cost because not building it in costs more in lives lost as we are now finding out.

Bottom line: did wind underperform the expectations of planners? Yes by about 2,000 megawatts. Was this a big deal in terms of the Texas outages? No, because the total power system shortfall approximated over 30,000 megawatts. Wind was only responsible for 2,000 megawatts of that deficit.
https://wolfstreet.com/2021/02/18/whos-to-blame-for-the-texas-power-crisis/

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by sanpipita(m): 10:32am On Feb 21, 2021
Lol they were blaming California for its wild fires but Texas has no blames?
Conservatives and bare faced hypocrisy.

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 10:32am On Feb 21, 2021
Goodvibes007:

Bunch of doofus those GOP.
About 56 percent of Texas' energy comes from natural gas, just under 24 percent comes from wind, 19 percent from coal, and almost 9 percent from nuclear energy. Yet they blame renewables. Dunces.

They do not want to face reality, but then what would one expect from senseless individuals?

I got one telling me the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil is the tree of death, so I'm not surprised they die of their ignorance.

https://www.nairaland.com/6404876/waging-bet-against-impossible-statistical/8#99277341

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by ono(m): 11:20am On Feb 21, 2021
budaatum:

Yes, ono, I blame Texas. If they had believed in climate change they'd have built in sufficient redundancy to cope with the unexpected regardless of cost because not building it in costs more in lives lost as we are now finding out.

We (can't recall the moniker again) have agreed this whole Texas this, Texas that, is just all about looking and feeling good to score cheap political scores with Texans. Look, Texas is RED, and will be RED forever. LOL.

The Energy business is fraught with uncertainties and highly capital intensive. Government coming in to help most times takes the heat off poor investors and operators. The hydrocarbon pools in the deep GOM (where we have substantial proven reserves) is entirely owned by the US government. Investment in development activities in that area has been stopped by Quid pro Joe. That Keystone XL project, if completed, would have gone a long way to assuage the current deficit in energy availability across the country - not just Texas alone. The dumb, chinese arse licking Quid Pro Joe killed it.

Renewables can't go it all alone. We still need energy from other sources. All the tree-hugging energy conservationists can go and hug cold trees now - with no clothes on, if they truly "love" the environment. Awon were.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 11:30am On Feb 21, 2021
ono:

That Keystone XL project, if completed, would have gone a long way to assuage the current deficit in energy availability across the country - not just Texas alone. The dumb, chinese arse licking Quid Pro Joe killed it.
Still, you would need to convince me (with references pleade) that the Keystone XL project could have been completed before this current debacle occured if Biden had not stopped it.

Are you aware that this is not the first time Texas has had this problem?

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by ono(m): 11:44am On Feb 21, 2021
budaatum:

Still, you would need to convince me (with references pleade) that the Keystone XL project could have been completed before this current debacle occured if Biden had not stopped it.

Are you aware that this is not the first time Texas has had this problem?

You guys are the ones making a big deal of these things about Texas. The average Texan is even happy to see snow, so they can go skating in Austin, Houston and elsewhere. A state that has experienced worst natural disasters in its history and bounced back is one that dimwits AOC and O Rourke are raising coins to help the "needy"? I laugh out loud in Chinese.

The Keystone XL project from what I read in the news was nearing completion as at the time Xibiden rigged his way in, backed by dishonest demonRats and a handful of RINOs. The thing with pipeline projects is that it's either you complete it and the pipeline is available or its not done. There is no go between.

https://www.nrdc.org/stories/what-keystone-pipeline -that should help. Never mind all the thrash about the environment.

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Nobody: 11:46am On Feb 21, 2021
sanpipita:
Lol they were blaming California for its wild fires but Texas has no blames?

Conservatives and bare faced hypocrisy.

Keep mute
You leftist despise logic but use sophistry
Very illogical dogmatic ideologues
Is it not your Democrat policy of green new deal that made Texas rely on wind energy source
Judge us again and let me catch you
Brainwashed Dullard
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by LordReed(m): 11:52am On Feb 21, 2021
G
ono:
Great feedback Dapcity.

Let’s wait for Reed and his horde of ignoramuses here to spin something new.

It's people like you who start crying crocodile tears when I get into it with them. Keep the discourse respectful or rev up your crocodile tears.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 11:53am On Feb 21, 2021
ono:

You guys are the ones making a big deal of these things about Texas. The average Texans is even happy to see snow, ..
Are you serious? Average Texan is happy their house is flooded? That the content of their freezer is all spoilt? That their electric bill is through the roof? That some died? Are you sure you are not the one who is happy because others are suffering?

ono:

The Keystone XL project from what I read ....
In Qanon? The same place you read that "the average Texans is even happy"?

Ono, please accept by apology for bothering you.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Nobody: 11:56am On Feb 21, 2021
budaatum:

Are you serious? Average Texan is happy their house is flooded? That the content of their freezer is all spoilt? That their electric bill is through the roof? That some died? Are you sure you are not the one who is happy because others are suffering?

With California environmental and climate activism they couldn't prevent wildfire crisis, you're extremely hypocritical , don't go and focus on Cuomo crisis , keep on applying double standards
Rubbish

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by zendi: 11:57am On Feb 21, 2021
sexylassie2:
How crazy can liberals be cheesy

Don't know, but you may wish to explore two books, legally in circulation :
The first, Liberalism Is A Mental Disorder by Michael Savage. (I've not read it myself, but I believe he savaged the savages there).
The second is, Surrounded by Idiots: Fighting Liberal Lunacy in America by Mike Gallagher. I have also not read this, but the melodic sounding titles alone tell me all.
Also note that marijuana has been legalized for recreational use in many left-wing governed States.
It will get worse as the new left-wing control of the WH and two chambers of Congress may soon legalize it nationwide.
Thinking that the society will have no consequences from these liberalizations is like drinking from morning to night and expecting to remain sober.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by ono(m): 11:58am On Feb 21, 2021
buda,
Read up.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Nobody: 12:01pm On Feb 21, 2021
JackBizzle:

Ono and Basilico, come and defend your Republican party.

What have your senators and political leaders in the party done?

You need to be disciplined
you are emotionally weak and gullible
How can you fall for cheap political stunts of AOC when her parties progressive green new deal led to the crisis

Very sad, democrat party is a party of feelings,AOC can manipulate you leftist emotions but Texans are not stupid

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by ono(m): 12:03pm On Feb 21, 2021
Dapcity247:

With California environmental and climate activism they couldn't prevent wildfire crisis, you're extremely hypocritical , don't go and focus on Cuomo crisis , keep on applying double standards
Rubbish

That's how they operate. Raising coins for places where they believe they can do power grab. Selfish hypocrites.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by JackBizzle: 12:06pm On Feb 21, 2021
Dapcity247:

You need to be disciplined
you are emotionally weak and gullible
How can you fall for cheap political stunts of AOC when her parties progressive green new deal led to the crisis

Very sad, democrat party is a party of feelings,AOC can manipulate you leftist emotions but Texans are not stupid

See this umudike man.

Stop telling me emotional stories and show us what your Republican party has done for this mess in Texas. A mess they created.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by zendi: 12:11pm On Feb 21, 2021
ono:
buda,
Read up.

Buda may be too bizii organizing BLM activities across the pond.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by ono(m): 12:14pm On Feb 21, 2021
budaatum:

Bwahahaha.. . . . ."Texans" was misspelt -

Anyway, you can read up stuff in the link shared. You need to take a chill pill and realise that this whole brouhaha about Texas is largely political. But Texans are not swayed by these things.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Nobody: 12:17pm On Feb 21, 2021
JackBizzle:

See this umudike man.

Stop telling me emotional stories and show us what your Republican party has done for this mess in Texas. A mess they created.

You are drunk

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by JackBizzle: 12:20pm On Feb 21, 2021
Dapcity247:

Rubbish

Please, how does one prepare for, or even prevent a wildfire?

Can you stop imbeciles from lighting matches near forests? Can you stop the sun from lighting up dried leaves and twigs? And when the wildfire starts, do you know that is impossible to stop until after many hours? Have you any idea how hard it is to stop a forest fore once it starts?

Your building can never be fire proof but it can be cold proof.

Furthermore, Trump initially refused to send federal aid to california for the wildfires in 2020. He later changed his mind..Governor Newsom pressured for the aid.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by JackBizzle: 12:22pm On Feb 21, 2021
Dapcity247:

You are drunk

Are you joking? A fake news Facebook post is your argument?

Texas removed itself from the federal grid to escape regulations...

The same regulations that would have prepared power companies for the freezing temperatures.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 12:26pm On Feb 21, 2021
ono:

Bwahahaha.. . . . ."Texans" was misspelt -
Are you like 2 years old?

ono:
You need to take a chill pill and realise that this whole brouhaha about Texas is largely political. But Texans are not swayed by these things.
Really? You mean like Americans were not swayed by 400,000 people dying from coronavirus? I believe you. That is why your man trump is the current President of the United States of America.

My chill pill works till the next Texas election.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 12:27pm On Feb 21, 2021
ono:
buda,
Read up.

Read up what?
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by ono(m): 12:34pm On Feb 21, 2021
budaatum:

Are you like 2 years old?

Lmao. People make mistakes and move on.

budaatum:
Really? You mean like Americans were not swayed by 400,000 people dying from coronavirus? I believe you. That is why your man trump is the current President of the United States of America.

My chill pill works till the next Texas election.

I know we can't agree that Xibiden rigged his way into the White House. But good luck with trying to change Texas to blue.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 12:38pm On Feb 21, 2021
ono:

https://www.nrdc.org/stories/what-keystone-pipeline -that should help. Never mind all the thrash about the environment.
This is from your source:

As President-elect Joe Biden prepares to enter the White House, he has signaled that cancelling Keystone XL’s permit will be a top priority.

Do you know what a permit is? Does what you posted in anyway indicate Keystone XL would have been in operation by now if Biden had not cancelled the permit to build it?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2034) (2035) (2036) (2037) (2038) (2039) (2040) ... (4139) (Reply)

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread

Viewing this topic: Konkoja and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.