Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,082 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:17 AM

American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! - Foreign Affairs (257) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! (1608053 Views)

American Politics For Republicans And Lovers Of Truth And Reason / President Bolsonaro Imported The Devilish American Politics To Brazil(photos) / What Does A Biden Presidency Have To Offer Us-africa Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) ... (4137) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by GalaticHorde: 7:19pm On Aug 23, 2019
Anduku:

From USA today And the new York times? Some of the most anti Trump publications out there? If they could admit as much, then you know it's even better than they are letting on
the one I could open was an opinion column, the other I couldn't open was from conservative nytimes, anti trump? If that's your take
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 7:20pm On Aug 23, 2019
Anduku:

Well documented Budaatum, well documented grin

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2013/dec/12/lie-year-if-you-like-your-health-care-plan-keep-it/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2013/10/30/obamas-pledge-that-no-one-will-take-away-your-health-plan/

Whatever. We have obamacare and it does not deny you paying for private healthcare so I don't see how it takes away your plan.

I can't help wonder what you plan for those who cannot afford a private plan though. Should they just stink up the neighbourhood, or we dispose of them when they die?
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Anduku: 7:25pm On Aug 23, 2019
GalaticHorde:
those pics are munched from your raw data, one research issuing a disclaimer that it doesn't meet research criterion, the other with a footnote to take the data with caution, did I make them up? Maybe you should read thoroughly before posting
Oh my God, those articles were not research articles, they were news posts on the latest data from the bureau of economic analysis in the US Dept of commerce. I got them for you from you liberal news sites so you can't accuse me of spouting fox news or rightwing talking points.

This is the direct link to the bureau of economic analysis site. It was right there in the article. Read to understand and not just for the sake of arguing

https://www.bea.gov/news/2019/gross-domestic-product-1st-quarter-2019-advance-estimate

5 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by GalaticHorde: 7:27pm On Aug 23, 2019
Anduku:

I am struggling to understand what you are arguing about? This argument started because you were claiming there was nothing good about people's private healthcare plans and I said maybe you are smarter than overwhelming majority of Americans who love their healthcare plans better than Medicare for all, you went to bring me a poll from the hill that shows majority of Republicans liking Medicare for all and I had to go to the same the hill to get you a poll that said yes, people do like medicare coverage for all but not at the expense of their private plans. Given an option, 90% refused to support Medicare for all if it meant tampering with the private healthcare plans. The fact is an overwhelming majority of Americans don't want you messing with their healthcare plans and that's it!!
this argument started with me asking you to debate on policy, Bernie and Warren vs Trump, we are currently on health and not entirely contrary to your claim, the debate is on which is a better policy single payer or private insurance which you successfully sidetracked me into a policy popularity contest which I tried and I am still trying to prove to you that despite the lack of actual understanding on what a single payer system and it's benefits actually mean, majority of Americans want it in one form or another, the all or none scenario was your introduction, so like I have asked you twice already without an answer, what type of insurance which covers everything is the military and congress on?
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Anduku: 7:28pm On Aug 23, 2019
GalaticHorde:
the one I could open was an opinion column, the other I couldn't open was from conservative nytimes, anti trump? If that's your take
Now I know you have absolutely no clue what you are arguing about. The New York times, conservative? How can you even mention those two together in one sentence? On what planet are you living?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by GalaticHorde: 7:34pm On Aug 23, 2019
Anduku:

Oh my God, those articles were not research articles, they were news posts on the latest data from the bureau of economic analysis in the US Dept of commerce. I got them for you from you liberal news sites so you can't accuse me of spouting fox news or rightwing talking points.

This is the direct link to the bureau of economic analysis site. It was right there in the article. Read to understand and not just for the sake of arguing

https://www.bea.gov/news/2019/gross-domestic-product-1st-quarter-2019-advance-estimate

All and well, now compare to second quarter indices across board from same site
https://www.bea.gov/index.php/news/2019/gross-domestic-product-2nd-quarter-2019-advance-estimate-and-annual-update
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Anduku: 7:35pm On Aug 23, 2019
GalaticHorde:
this argument started with me asking you to debate on policy, Bernie and Warren vs Trump, we are currently on health and not entirely contrary to your claim, the debate is on which is a better policy single payer or private insurance which you successfully sidetracked me into a policy popularity contest which I tried and I am still trying to prove to you that despite the lack of actual understanding on what a single payer system and it's benefits actually mean, majority of Americans want it in one form or another, the all or none scenario was your introduction, so like I have asked you twice already without an answer, what type of insurance which covers everything is the military and congress on?
So please tell me how people can still get to keep their private healthcare plans if the kind of Medicare for all your candidates are proposing is implemented? I mean this thing has been trashed over and over again and even the liberal media admits it's not possible. It was the same thing Obama was caught lying about when he said under his medicare for all plan, if you like your private healthcare plan you can keep it. Joe biden even made the same promise recently and he was found to be lying even by the fake news media. Bernie is even more crazy because he is talking about completely eliminating private healthcare. Good luck to dems if they want to run with that but be rest assured they will get their asses handed them in 2020 if they do

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by GalaticHorde: 7:36pm On Aug 23, 2019
Anduku:

Now I know you have absolutely no clue what you are arguing about. The New York times, conservative? How can you even mention those two together in one sentence? On what planet are you living?
not pro trump doesn't equte to not conservative, try harder, if you said LA times or Washington Post, I will agree, NY times is conservative
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Anduku: 7:38pm On Aug 23, 2019
GalaticHorde:

All and well, now compare to second quarter indices across board from same site
https://www.bea.gov/index.php/news/2019/gross-domestic-product-2nd-quarter-2019-advance-estimate-and-annual-update
The GDP still increased by 2.1 percent in the second quarter. If the economy is not doing great, how the hell is GDP increasing?

4 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Anduku: 7:45pm On Aug 23, 2019
GalaticHorde:
not pro trump doesn't equte to not conservative, try harder, if you said LA times or Washington Post, I will agree, NY times is conservative
I can't argue with this kind of wilful self deceit. I will rather call on your fellow liberals in the forum to help us set the records straight if they are truthful enough. Kophschmerzen, Abbeybailey, budaatum, wirinet, happney65, theshopkeeper, your friend here says the New York times are conservatives and I say no, they are liberals. Can you please tell us which of us is right? please grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Anduku: 7:53pm On Aug 23, 2019
Mr. Galactichorde, Does this look like an economy that is not working? How is this devastating middle income Americans?

https://www.whitehouse.gov/articles/unemployment-rate-falls-lowest-level-nearly-50-years-u-s-economy-adds-263000-new-jobs-april/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by GalaticHorde: 7:54pm On Aug 23, 2019
Anduku:

So please tell me how people can still get to keep their private healthcare plans if the kind of Medicare for all your candidates are proposing is implemented? I mean this thing has been trashed over and over again and even the liberal media admits it's not possible. It was the same thing Obama was caught lying about when he said under his medicare for all plan, if you like your private healthcare plan you can keep it. Joe biden even made the same promise recently and he was found to be lying even by the fake news media. Bernie is even more crazy because he is talking about completely eliminating private healthcare. Good luck to dems if they want to run with that but be rest assured they will get their asses handed them in 2020 if they do

You are so fixated on the perceived unpopularity of medicare for all as in to you it is all just a popularity contest even after i provided research that it is misunderstood by majority of Americans even the ones beginning to support it because of the numerous challenges inherent in the current system and the skewing of facts and the narrative by republican party and its shrills in association with their big pharna/health insurance coys financiers
http://nymag.com/intelligencer/amp/2019/06/medicare-for-all-polls-public-option-kaiser-popular-misunderstood.html
So back to your question, if the medicare for all my candidates are proposing gets fully implemented without its being diluted and dumbed down by the republican congressmen and women and their big pharma/insurance coys puppeteers like ACA or obamacare was, nobody will need to keep their private plans because they won't need it for anything but elective procedures like plastic surgery, now back to the debate I started with, how is the current healthcare policy supported by the Republicans better than the proposed single payer medicare for all as obtainable in say,......Canada, UK, Germany, France, Holland, Denmark, Switzerland, Sweden, Norway e.t.c take your pick and for the fourth time, anduku, what type of medical insurance are the military and congress covered by?
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 7:54pm On Aug 23, 2019
Anduku:

I can't argue with this kind of wilful self deceit. I will rather call on your fellow liberals in the forum to help us set the records straight if they are truthful enough. Kophschmerzen, Abbeybailey, budaatum, wirinet, happney65, theshopkeeper, your friend here says the New York times are conservatives and I say no, they are liberals. Can you please tell us which of us is right? please grin

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by GalaticHorde: 7:56pm On Aug 23, 2019
Anduku:

The GDP still increased by 2.1 percent in the second quarter. If the economy is not doing great, how the hell is GDP increasing?
from what in the first quarter, and don't forget other indices, and while we are on that, what is China's GDP?
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 8:03pm On Aug 23, 2019

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Anduku: 8:10pm On Aug 23, 2019
budaatum:
!
Thank you budaatum for being honest and setting the record straight

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Anduku: 8:14pm On Aug 23, 2019
Galactichorde, here is a graph from the US bureau of labour statistics showing how low the unemployment level is under Trump compared to the same period during the Obama years. Unemployment is low because more people are getting jobs under Trump than did under Obama

https://data.bls.gov/timeseries/LNS14000000

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Anduku: 8:16pm On Aug 23, 2019
GalaticHorde:

You are so fixated on the perceived unpopularity of medicare for all as in to you it is all just a popularity contest even after i provided research that it is misunderstood by majority of Americans even the ones beginning to support it because of the numerous challenges inherent in the current system and the skewing of facts and the narrative by republican party and its shrills in association with their big pharna/health insurance coys financiers
http://nymag.com/intelligencer/amp/2019/06/medicare-for-all-polls-public-option-kaiser-popular-misunderstood.html
So back to your question, if the medicare for all my candidates are proposing gets fully implemented without its being diluted and dumbed down by the republican congressmen and women and their big pharma/insurance coys puppeteers like ACA or obamacare was, nobody will need to keep their private plans because they won't need it for anything but elective procedures like plastic surgery, now back to the debate I started with, how is the current healthcare policy supported by the Republicans better than the proposed single payer medicare for all as obtainable in say,......Canada, UK, Germany, France, Holland, Denmark, Switzerland, Sweden, Norway e.t.c take your pick and for the fourth time, anduku, what type of medical insurance are the military and congress covered by?
So you're saying no private healthcare plans then, just like Bernie. Like I said earlier, good luck to the dems running with that

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 8:25pm On Aug 23, 2019
Anduku:

Thank you budaatum for being honest and setting the record straight
We should all be honest. Obamacare did not propose to take away anybody's private healthcare. The insurance companies who's exorbitant profits were threatened cut unprofitable cover.

Funny enough, it's a problem that's easily solved. If America opens its healthcare to competition like it says other's should, prices will drop. But vested interest is in the way.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 8:26pm On Aug 23, 2019
Anduku:
Galactichorde, here is a graph from the US bureau of labour statistics showing how low the unemployment level is under Trump compared to the same period during the Obama years. Unemployment is low because more people are getting jobs under Trump than did under Obama

7 years before obama.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Anduku: 8:29pm On Aug 23, 2019
GalaticHorde:
from what in the first quarter, and don't forget other indices, and while we are on that, what is China's GDP?
Stop arguing with Trump's economic figures that's one argument you can't win because Trump's figures are splendid. The GDP growth under Trump is at the highest it has been for the past decade, better than it was throughout the Obama years.
As for China, their GDP growth is at it's lowest right now that they are actually devaluing their currency just to keep their heads above water. You might want to read this from your liberal CNN

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/07/15/economy/china-gdp-growth/index.html

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Anduku: 8:36pm On Aug 23, 2019
budaatum:

Post 7 years before obama too please.
I give it to Obama, he did very well turning the economy around from the mess George Bush left behind. I will not deny him the accolades he deserves for doing very well with the economy

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by GalaticHorde: 8:54pm On Aug 23, 2019
Anduku:

this is true, but what kinda jobs? Where are the coal jobs, the manufacturing jobs, even new factories are relying more on automation
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by GalaticHorde: 8:58pm On Aug 23, 2019
Anduku:

So you're saying no private healthcare plans then, just like Bernie. Like I said earlier, good luck to the dems running with that
now where is the policy debate? Is your trump a mere politician and not a leader? Defend the policy, not mere wishing me good luck, private insurance will still be available mind you, but that would be for beating queues in elective procedures, I ask for the fifth time anduku "what type of insurance are the military and congress covered by?" undecided
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by GalaticHorde: 9:12pm On Aug 23, 2019
Anduku:

Stop arguing with Trump's economic figures that's one argument you can't win because Trump's figures are splendid. The GDP growth under Trump is at the highest it has been for the past decade, better than it was throughout the Obama years.
As for China, their GDP growth is at it's lowest right now that they are actually devaluing their currency just to keep their heads above water. You might want to read this from your liberal CNN

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/07/15/economy/china-gdp-growth/index.html
I will tell you what I'm sure you've heard over and over again, those indices you refer to are a carryover trend from Obama's administration, Trump's economic mismanagement hasn't done enough damage to dampen it yet thankfully, I pray it never does, what is good for the stock market apparently isn't that good for middle income America, wages have been relatively stagnant like forever, executive payouts of the roof, tax cuts for the rich with social welfare rollbacks for the poor, increased deficits........

China's growth had slowed yes, the point I wanted you to help me make was simple, in comparison to China, how great are the US's figures?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by itchie: 6:37am On Aug 24, 2019
zendi:

Since you're in the mood to do good, why not go further and change the toxic handle?
I recommend "balderdash" as replacement.
We will love it, and I'm sure you will.
All in good faith. grin
Lol cheesy cheesy cheesy

4 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by itchie: 6:44am On Aug 24, 2019
David Koch, billionaire philanthropist died yesterday and just because he was Republican donor, liberals are celebrating and saying good riddance to an evil man. He is evil just because he supports the Republican party, nothing else.
This just goes to show how hate filled and evil hearted these liberals are. I am not talking about ordinary liberals on the streets, leaders in the party are actually engaging in this kind of disgusting behaviour. Evil party full of hateful people is what the Democratic party is

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by GalaticHorde: 10:05am On Aug 24, 2019
itchie:
David Koch, billionaire philanthropist died yesterday and just because he was Republican donor, liberals are celebrating and saying good riddance to an evil man. He is evil just because he supports the Republican party, nothing else.
This just goes to show how hate filled and evil hearted these liberals are. I am not talking about ordinary liberals on the streets, leaders in the party are actually engaging in this kind of disgusting behaviour. Evil party full of hateful people is what the Democratic party is
let me echo it if you didn't hear it loudly enough, good riddance and may he rot in hell angry

In other not news

Rush Limbaugh====> "GOP concerns about budget deficit have always been bogus!-

Now would you kindly help me with the definition of the term "grand hypocrisy" ? Its a shock that people exist who can boldly still call themselves Republicans! I would have thought being repugnant, retrogressive and hypocritical would weigh a human's soul down buy Republicans prove me wrong

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by itchie: 10:37am On Aug 24, 2019
GalaticHorde:
let me echo it if you didn't hear it loudly enough, good riddance and may he rot in hell angry

In other not news

Rush Limbaugh====> "GOP concerns about budget deficit have always been bogus!-

Now would you kindly help me with the definition of the term "grand hypocrisy" ? Its a shock that people exist who can boldly still call themselves Republicans! I would have thought being repugnant, retrogressive and hypocritical would weigh a human's soul down buy Republicans prove me wrong
Thanks for providing a good evidence of the kind immoral, evil hearted and hate filled animals liberals are

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by kopfschmerzen: 11:03am On Aug 24, 2019
David Koch wanted to abolish public schools, Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid and rent control. He financed groups that denied the research on climate change. He funded the Tea Party. And he used dark money to support right-wing causes and Republican candidates for office.

Good riddance to bad nonsense.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by itchie: 11:07am On Aug 24, 2019
kopfschmerzen:
David Koch wanted to abolish public schools, Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid and rent control. He financed groups that denied the research on climate change. He funded the Tea Party. And he used dark money to support right-wing causes and Republican candidates for office.

Good riddance to bad nonsense.
Lies, lies, lies and more lies from these depraved set of inhuman beasts in human skins. Shame on you all

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by GalaticHorde: 11:09am On Aug 24, 2019
itchie:

Thanks for providing a good evidence of the kind immoral, evil hearted and hate filled animals liberals are
my standards of evil hearted, hate filled, immoral and animalistic tendencies clearly differ from yours and fit trumpanzees perfectly so if you don't mind, there is a deplorables swamp somewhere around you, make yourself at home cheesy

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) ... (4137) (Reply)

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.