Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,065 members, 7,852,619 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 09:48 PM

American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! - Foreign Affairs (271) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! (1686662 Views)

American Politics For Republicans And Lovers Of Truth And Reason / President Bolsonaro Imported The Devilish American Politics To Brazil(photos) / What Does A Biden Presidency Have To Offer Us-africa Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) ... (4169) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by kophschmerzenii: 5:13am On Sep 11, 2019
No f**k given in the Trump and Bolton feud. Both of them are a shiit stain on the white apparel of humanity.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by TheShopKeeper(m): 10:55am On Sep 11, 2019
...latest news from trump's favorite news network - fox news business:

Trump tariffs cost US importers a record $6.8B, driving up consumer prices

https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/trump-tariffs-cost-us-importers-a-record-6-8b-driving-up-consumer-prices

https://video.foxbusiness.com/v/6082979785001/#sp=show-clips

Before President Trump began a trade war with China, the U.S. was shipping $1.47 billion more in hardwoods overseas than American companies were importing.

That surplus shrank 12 percent last year as the U.S. imposed double-digit tariffs on Chinese goods, and Beijing responded in kind, according to the Hardwood Federation, and it’s likely to dwindle further this year as the standoff between the two countries heats up.

It’s the opposite of what Trump – who has long complained about massive trade imbalances that favor U.S. trading partners – campaigned on delivering, and it's spurring growing frustration among businesses.

In July alone, U.S importers paid a record $6.8 billion in tariffs, according to Tariffs Hurt the Heartland, an alliance of more than 150 trade groups opposing the duties. The vast majority were on Chinese goods, though Trump's White House also has imposed duties on steel, aluminum, solar panels and washing machines and threatened others.

The resulting surge in costs for supplies is forcing many business owners to choose between raising prices and laying off workers, and the pain is likely to worsen, with Trump boosting tariffs on some $200 billion in goods to 30 percent after Beijing pushed back against previous duties.

“The trade war is already in its second year and with every escalation, the more it permanently impairs confidence,” said Michelle Meyer, an economist with Bank of America. “The unpredictable nature of the trade war will keep businesses, at best, in wait-and-see mode.”

That outlook jibes with the assessments of manufacturers, retailers and some lawmakers who have long warned that the White House risks undermining growth from a 2017 tax cut with the duties, which Trump says are a useful tool in forcing concessions from China.

...at least this is not 'fake news'...
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by stanech: 1:24pm On Sep 11, 2019
@CNN, @MSNBC

Were all set to have a BIG victory, until Dan Bishop won North Carolina 09. Now you will hear them barely talk about, or cover, the race. Fake News never wins!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by garetz: 2:03pm On Sep 11, 2019
obixcel:
He still has no chance to beat Trump.
coluka:

Story for the gods, he doesn't stand any chance against Trump, he won't even get up to three percent of the Republican votes. Someone that lost his own Congressional district primaries in South Carolina when he was an incumbent because Trump endorsed his opponent? He is also a grifter like the rest of them. Trump will beat him silly
I did not say he can beat Trump, what I meant that he is bigger Threat to trump is that he can take away some votes from Trump no matter how small. In some states like Michigan, few votes can make a big difference. Trump has over 90% approval rating in the GOP, nobody can beat him in a GOP primary right now.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by garetz: 2:10pm On Sep 11, 2019
stanech:
@CNN, @MSNBC

Were all set to have a BIG victory, until Dan Bishop won North Carolina 09. Now you will hear them barely talk about, or cover, the race. Fake News never wins!
It was two wins for the GOP last night, Murphy also won NC03. Good night for Republicans, bad night for dems and the liberal media. Just look at the faces of the election night panel on CNN

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by GalaticHorde: 2:24pm On Sep 11, 2019
Anduku:

The tweet was backdated? Lol, I've now heard it all on Nairaland, you liberals will not kill someone grin. And he's now asking me about Louisiana? Not surprised though, I expected it from the expert goalpost movers. It's Alabama we are talking about here and the fact is that Trump was right when he said that Alabama could be impacted by the hurricane as confirmed by the NOAA, the Alabama national guard and even a CNN in house meteorologist. I even had to check out the hurricane forecast for the week in contention and it was clear on the map there that Alabama could be impacted!! This forecast was posted on August 30, two days before Trump made his post on Twitter.
Refer to your map again and tell me how Alabama was in great danger, assuming you understand color coding in maps that is, and stop playing with semantics, "could be impacted by the hurricane" weren't Trump's words anduku, "most likely be hit much harder than anticipated" were his words, I mentioned Louisiana since you were using the CNN weather anchor's (not meteorologist) words as reference Mr goalpost shifter, don't accuse me of offences that are your oxygen, typical republican and tell your trump to stop threatening NOAA officials jobs for refusing to back him publicly! I repeat what you refused to address, the statement validating Trump's lie on the NOAA site isn't backed by any of their officials, address that anduku because there is a reason why no scientist or official at the agency will append his name to a lie and a crime.
The Alabama national guard post is easily explained by simple logic, on no other fora nor through no other medium did they choose to pass this warning of theirs, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that one out
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by garetz: 2:29pm On Sep 11, 2019
Donald Trump is the Troll in Chief, he knows how to make liberal heads explode at the snap of a finger. TDS levels in the US increased 50% when he 'decided' he will be running for a third term in 2024 grin
Keep messing with their heads boss,
Master ConTroller grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by GalaticHorde: 2:38pm On Sep 11, 2019
coluka:

I have noticed you are just a childish individual who likes jumping into arguments for arguments
sake even when you're not informed on the subject being discussed. If at this stage you don't know that Joe Biden is leading all the Democratic party primaries polls available then I don't know why I am debating with you.
old polls i am aware of, new polls definitely not, so I asked you in your omniscience to show me the polls and you call me childish, cheesy, so much maturity, just show me the polls or shut the f**k up, arguments for arguments sake indeed
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by zendi: 2:39pm On Sep 11, 2019
Abbeybailey:
At least they are not eating humans. That's quality beef they are eating not the one with flies and dust they sell to you on the road side. It's so funny you supporters of Taliban Trump loves giving yourself likes like your earthly existence depends on it. The Bottom line is when the tire hits the ground, none of you will be counted unlike PDPGuy, Schwarzkop, Armyofone, and few other guys here and yours truly.
They may not YET be eating humans, but leftist climate lunatics are actually advocating not burying human corpses, but eating them, "to save the planet"

http://www.google.com.ng/url?q=https://googleweblight.com/i%3Fu%3Dhttps://www.thesun.co.uk/tech/9899031/cannibalism-combats-climate-change-claim/%26grqid%3D3bIc5L-L%26s%3D1%26hl%3Den-NG&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwi_ypOm7cjkAhVRecAKHTgWAQMQFjAEegQIBhAB&usg=AOvVaw0lWadji5695985rGlYa2OT

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by GalaticHorde: 2:40pm On Sep 11, 2019
Anduku:

If you like don't accept it, the facts remain the facts, The Trump economy has been great for black Americans even if they apparently too blind or too stupid to see it.
they aren't blind, single individuals holding multiple low paying jobs to make ends meet isn't great for black Americans, an increase in the minimum wage would be far better
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by garetz: 2:43pm On Sep 11, 2019
Today is September 11, 2019

Eighteen years ago today, Islamic terrorists flew planes into the twin towers of World trade center and The Pentagon killing over 2000 people.

While millions of Americans will be marking the rememberance of the horrific attacks and honoring those that died on that day, I am seriously holding my breath to see what terrorist cheerleaders Ilhan Omar and Rashida Tlaib will be tweeting out today. Watch out for variations of "some people did something". One thing is certain tho, the true American patriots will NEVER FORGET

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by GalaticHorde: 2:48pm On Sep 11, 2019
garetz:
Today is September 11, 2019

Eighteen years ago today, Islamic terrorists flew planes into the twin towers of World trade center and The Pentagon killing over 2000 people.

While millions of Americans will be marking the rememberance of the horrific attacks and honoring those that died on that day, I am seriously holding my breath to see what terrorist cheerleaders Ilhan Omar and Rashida Tlaib will be tweeting out today. Watch out for variations of "some people did something". One this certain tho, true American patriots will NEVER FORGET
while trump shelved a peace meeting that was nine years in the making because he wouldn't be able to claim credit or get a photo op
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by garetz: 2:54pm On Sep 11, 2019
GalaticHorde:
while trump shelved a peace meeting that was nine years in the making because he wouldn't be able to claim credit or get a photo op
The same peace meeting abbeybailey has been criticizing him for trying to hold in the first place? We know the way it is with you people, no matter what Trump does, it's 'orange man bad' so we're cool with him just like that.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by obixcel(m): 3:04pm On Sep 11, 2019
garetz:

The same peace meeting abbeybailey has been criticizing him for trying to hold in the first place? We know the way it is with you people, no matter what Trump does, it's 'orange man bad' so we're cool with him just like that.
Regardless of what the POTUS does it's always Orange man bad grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Abbeybailey(m): 3:26pm On Sep 11, 2019
obixcel:
Regardless of what the POTUS does it's always Orange man bad grin grin
Vote for him on Nov of 2020 then. How is he going to win reelectionwith 36% of the votes he's polling. Taliban Trump is declining mentally but you his rear lickers in Nigeria don't know. By the way, I hate to tell you and your friends on nairaland that you don't know a diddly square about American politics. The two congressional seats (3 and 7) in North Carolina is a Ruby Red Seats that have been Republican for over 50 years and for Don Mcreary to come within two percent is a miracle. It's just like telling Republicans to win the 1st congressional seat in my State of Illinois.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by garetz: 3:26pm On Sep 11, 2019
obixcel:
John Bolton dismissed. One less warmongering Neocon is out of d way.
Good riddance to the warmonger

5 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Abbeybailey(m): 3:28pm On Sep 11, 2019
garetz:

You know the difference between you and i , I will vote on Nov 3rd of 2020 and you and your Taliban Trump loving friends can't. Haha.How you feel about that. I can assist with South Africa visa though. Lol
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by garetz: 3:30pm On Sep 11, 2019
zendi:

They may not YET be eating humans, but leftist climate lunatics are actually advocating not burying human corpses, but eating them, "to save the planet"

http://www.google.com.ng/url?q=https://googleweblight.com/i%3Fu%3Dhttps://www.thesun.co.uk/tech/9899031/cannibalism-combats-climate-change-claim/%26grqid%3D3bIc5L-L%26s%3D1%26hl%3Den-NG&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwi_ypOm7cjkAhVRecAKHTgWAQMQFjAEegQIBhAB&usg=AOvVaw0lWadji5695985rGlYa2OT
You described them perfectly as leftists climate lunatics. These people are completely nuts!!

5 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by garetz: 3:30pm On Sep 11, 2019
Abbeybailey:
You know the difference between you and i , I will vote on Nov 3rd of 2020 and you and your Taliban Trump loving friends can't. Haha.How you feel about that. I can assist with South Africa visa though. Lol
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Abbeybailey(m): 3:36pm On Sep 11, 2019
garetz:

I can bet you a $ to donuts and I sincerely believe that if you live in U S, you will be a Progressive too. We all follow our experiences in life. I became a Democrat because of what I experienced growing up in Uptown section of Chitown. I wouldn't go into details now but you will agree with me that our experiences dictates our paths in life.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Anduku: 4:40pm On Sep 11, 2019
GalaticHorde:

Refer to your map again and tell me how Alabama was in great danger, assuming you understand color coding in maps that is, and stop playing with semantics, "could be impacted by the hurricane" weren't Trump's words anduku, "most likely be hit much harder than anticipated" were his words, I mentioned Louisiana since you were using the CNN weather anchor's (not meteorologist) words as reference Mr goalpost shifter, don't accuse me of offences that are your oxygen, typical republican and tell your trump to stop threatening NOAA officials jobs for refusing to back him publicly! I repeat what you refused to address, the statement validating Trump's lie on the NOAA site isn't backed by any of their officials, address that anduku because there is a reason why no scientist or official at the agency will append his name to a lie and a crime.
The Alabama national guard post is easily explained by simple logic, on no other fora nor through no other medium did they choose to pass this warning of theirs, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that one out
Still on this shii undecided. Dayumn!! Even the lunatic liberal media have moved on from this. Life shouldn't be lived in reverse. On to more current issues,

On the occasion of the commemoration of the 9/11 attacks, I pray that God blesses the souls of those that died in the attacks and be with the loved ones they left behind. Never again should evil be allowed to strike such a big blow in the US.

God Bless America !!!
God Bless Americans !!!

God Bless President Donald John Trump!!!

4 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Anduku: 4:43pm On Sep 11, 2019
zendi:

Liberals are Lunatics!!!

4 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Anduku: 4:46pm On Sep 11, 2019
stanech:
@CNN, @MSNBC

Greg Murphy's win in North Carolina 03 was even bigger he whipped his opponent by more than 25 points. The fake news media were hoping to celebrate this morning but reality took a big stick to their badly battered asses

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Anduku: 4:49pm On Sep 11, 2019
garetz:

It was two wins for the GOP last night, Murphy also won NC03. Good night for Republicans, bad night for dems and the liberal media. Just look at the faces of the election night panel on CNN
CNN is pathetic, I love it whenever I see them in full mourning mood. Five more years of mourning for them and that's if they don't die of TDS induced heart attack before then

5 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Anduku: 4:56pm On Sep 11, 2019
kophschmerzenii:
No f**k given in the Trump and Bolton feud. Both of them are a shiit stain on the white apparel of humanity.
I believe neither of them gives a fück about what you think

4 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by kophschmerzenii: 5:10pm On Sep 11, 2019
Anduku:

Fucktin!! It's about a country that is mine where i pay tax and vote. F**k out and go to place where they are discussing about the world poverty capital of the world, you doorknob.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by TheShopKeeper(m): 5:36pm On Sep 11, 2019
Anduku:

Greg Murphy's win in North Carolina 03 was even bigger he whipped his opponent by more than 25 points. The fake news media were hoping to celebrate this morning but reality took a big stick to their badly battered asses

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2019-special-elections/north-carolina?icid=election_marquee

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by TheShopKeeper(m): 5:38pm On Sep 11, 2019
...on a day when the nation remember 9/11...everything still has to be about trump...

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Abbeybailey(m): 5:52pm On Sep 11, 2019
zendi:

You should know the cannibals in your midst. It's a simple Google search.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Abbeybailey(m): 5:54pm On Sep 11, 2019
Anduku:

Unlike You and your meagre earnings, he's a tax paying American who votes and I bet that he pay more in taxes than you earn in 5 years. You never ceases to amaze me with your idiocy. Go get a South African visa and you will be much happier.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Abbeybailey(m): 5:55pm On Sep 11, 2019
TheShopKeeper:
...on a day when the nation remember 9/11...everything still has to be about trump...
Early stage of dementia for Taliban Trump who think of himself as an Emperor.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by PDPGuy: 5:58pm On Sep 11, 2019
TheShopKeeper:
Sickening cry

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) ... (4169) (Reply)

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.