Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,390 members, 7,861,094 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 12:11 AM

American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! - Foreign Affairs (2938) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! (1700793 Views)

American Politics For Republicans And Lovers Of Truth And Reason / President Bolsonaro Imported The Devilish American Politics To Brazil(photos) / What Does A Biden Presidency Have To Offer Us-africa Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2935) (2936) (2937) (2938) (2939) (2940) (2941) ... (4181) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 7:58pm On Nov 13, 2021
DissTroy:

Emotional lots. Exactly why blacks are the way we are - emotional responses instead of rationally addressing our issues.

I'm certain you are referring to your constant emotional responses which make you prone to insults in just about every one of your posts instead of rationally addressing issues.

And no, it's not because you are black, but simply because you lack the maturity for rational discourse, though I must admit you are not as bad as the donkey.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Nastymods: 8:15pm On Nov 13, 2021
budaatum:

I'm certain you are referring to your constant emotional responses which make you prone to insults in just about every one of your posts instead of rationally addressing issues.

And no, it's not because you are black, but simply because you lack the maturity for rational discourse, though I must admit you are not as bad as the donkey.

ya ah loser, even ina defeat, you isa win. in ya head ya isa win and ya isa matured.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by benalvino3: 8:58pm On Nov 13, 2021
I am very surprised this is coming from the New York times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNDgcjVGHIw

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Raalsalghul: 10:31pm On Nov 13, 2021
Biden's crimes according to this article I just read:

1. Leniency on immigrants including a compensation plan which will also cover those that have committed crimes.

2. Revoking permits for the Keystone pipeline project resulting in loss of thousands of jobs.

3. Too much focus on Social programs than
Physical infrastructure.

4. Lingering Supply Chain issues.

5. Enforcing vaccination

6. Afghanistan! Afghanistan! Afghanistan!

7. Critical Race Theory

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by DissTroy(m): 10:38pm On Nov 13, 2021
budaatum:

I'm certain you are referring to your constant emotional responses.
Another classic Budaatum senseless reply. You're the emotional one who always resorts to gaslighting when you lose debates. You and Baba60+ always quote people randomly but when they return the same level of vitriol, you'd claim to be the bigger person.

You first claimed CRT doesn't look at black issues from a racial point of view. I gave you evidence and did critical analyses using standard academic researching while stating no academic research contains just one hypothesis. Race is one hypothesis for black issues. There are several other hypotheses which CRT ignores.

Then you backtracked to claim CRT looks at all perspectives, even lying I defined CRT as a racial--based theory when CRT was already defined and a driving theory before I was even conceived or birthed.

Next you teamed up with the old haggard deadbeat ScumOfLincoln1 to gaslight and claim ignoring. Now it's blaming others for emotional emotional response. Like editing out their comments to suit your agenda.

If you don't like the points I raised about the faults of different tribes in Nigeria, choke on it.

Everyone praises the Akwa Ibom State Governor as the best performing governor who is controversy-free but if you search my DîssTroyer account particularly, you'd see my exposing this myth with countless evidence and even challenging the media aides on Nairaland. The only reason he looks good is because others are awful.

I don't do emotions. I'm only loyal to proven facts.

You might be pained about my comments about the Yorubas' penchant for human rituals. Don't get me started on that. Don't. I'd name places throughout the region even to street names which are prone to this heinous crime. The Ibibios have their flaws which I have pointed out in other conversations in the past. Not crimes but bad too.

Until we tell ourselves the truth as peoples of different tribes and work on our flaws, we'd continue to be left behind.

Your emotions be damned. I've never been a fan of political correctness and wouldn't start today.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by DissTroy(m): 10:46pm On Nov 13, 2021
benalvino3:
I am very surprised this is coming from the New York times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNDgcjVGHIw

The Cuomo family fighting back? Andrew forced to resign in August. Since then CNN especially has been doing critical pieces on Biden, with the Afghan fallout being the perfect opening. His brother still pulls the strings, right?

I love that he was a victim of the very cancel culture the Left he supports gave life to.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by WispyEthereal: 8:15am On Nov 14, 2021
benalvino3:

your words

your words

benalvino3:

how is racism Normal in America but not in Japan, Nigeria, England, Canada, Brazil, Ghana?
Your words, your specific question
because for there to be racism there has to be
1. populations identified as different races in significant numbers,
2. there has to be the history of subjugation of one race by another in recent history with the culture and psyche and wealth and means difference inherent from such history even post subjugation (this last sentence specifically applies to the American brand of racism, yes racism has brands)
3. and also there needs to be a powerful political party in central goverment with a history of racism and racists in its rank that openly or subtly identifies with or is justifiably identified with racists and racism and also tries at every turn to excuse away racists acts or downplay racist acts in current time.

Feeling warm yet? There are other brands of racism, other types of discrimination too but we are dealing with racism for now. With the above argument I've made, only Brazil comes close from your list and it is a very distant second
My specific answer in response to your specific question
All my response to you does not talk about the black minority or majority group in Brazil. I am speaking in general.

my question is

Now the lying begins, or should I say continues undecided why are you such a pathological liar? Refer back to your question, in experimentation we can ask, why is this occurrence observed in ABC but not in xyz? With ABC being the test subject and xyz being the control subject, I approached your question from that angle and answered it with the motive of finding the difference, I even went ahead to label American racism a brand to ease your understanding but I guess you can't force understanding into someone with subconscious and ingrained biases like you.

the question is not related to American racism alone. the question is why is[b] Racism like this Here and not like this there[/b]
The talk is about Racism. Your initial response I quoted above proved it. You gave conditions I have already disproven with the definition of racism

Another lie from your bottomless pit of lies! The question was about in specifics the normalisation of American racism with the absence of this normalisation in other countries as a control so I went ahead and gave you the criteria/conditions/reason why, that your bias can't allow you see beyond its intellectual blocks to understand my answer is no fault of mine.
And also by defining racism you did nothing to disprove my assessment on the normalisation of American racism, the definition of racism was never in dispute except between benalvino3 and benalvino3! Gettit? cheesy don't project your confusion and directionlessness or inability to focus on a specific discourse on me, also, on your definition of racism I tasked you to read it critically and understand the differences between individual, communal and institutional sources of racism in respect to its normalisation, did you?

who told you that you lack patients? you are here spamming this thread with kokobilo and the other trolls, you yourself have become a troll who is constantly here posting rubbish and you want to pretend you don't have time? Oga, you do. keep quiet.
If you never had a problem with your parrot before me I would advise you to take your own advice and shut your gob up! You've been down with the spamming all these while until he started getting served so you have no high horse to get down from, your tacit approval puts you in the mud below the spammers

did you cite what difference? didn't I tell you that Blacks in Britain have the same complaint or similar complaints to blacks in the US?

Did I dispute that blacks in Britain don't suffer racism? You create disputes in your own miasma of a brain and go ahead to project an opposition opinion on your opponent without appropriate consultation so you can scream gotcha! That is how basic you are. I even went ahead to reference the existence of antisemitism across Europe in my last reply to you but with the case of Nazi Germany being the one to initiate the holocaust hoping that example will spur you in the right direction but alas I could only hope.
And no, the existence of racism was never in dispute by me, its normalisation as observed through its specific manifestations was what I disagreed with you on, that is if you disagree with me and believe racism is normal in somewhere like the U.K or Japan

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/06/22/europe/black-britain-systemic-racism-cnn-poll-gbr-intl/index.html

the Above is a story in England. their complaints are similar to the US, they have a history of slavery, etc. if I should appease you a little. so, is racism normal there?
The above is an old and thoroughly researched story subject to several BBC documentaries in the U.K, the above is proof that the U.K takes systemic racism very seriously and is diligently trying to redress it hence damages or you might say reparations or if it doesn't work for you compensation was/is being paid to these Caribbean immigrants who were used and discarded indiscriminately, the above is proof that the U.K isn't trying to deny, whitewash or sweep under the carpet its racist past and its modern day consequences, ABOVE ALL THE ABOVE IS PROOF THAT RACISM IN THE U.K ISN'T NORMAL OR ISN'T ALLOWED TO NOR ABBETED TO BECOME NORMAL! do you have any more points to buttress my argument for me? cool
Oh and you lied again and that I bolded, the complaints are only similar in generality not in specifics hence the brands or manifestations

https://www.sabcnews.com/sabcnews/racism-in-post-apartheid-south-africa

And what does the above prove in relation to your question on the normalisation of racism? I initially thought you were more intelligent than dapo, intelligent enough not to introduce a tangential issue into a conversation with given premises apparently I was wrong

Racial interactions in south Africa are different from the rest so racism in south Africa will follow patterns set for it by its own peculiar history hence the importance of history and in the American scenario CRT. If you had specifically added south Africa to the list I would have mentioned why racism there would be/was different and couldn't be normalised as it in America unless you want to argue for a case currently of
1. Systemic racism against blacks
2. Systemic racism against whites
3. The ANC or the opposition being a racist apologists like the republicans in the U.S as inferred from my third criteria for the normalisation of racism
4. South Africa wasn't even on your list so why should I even bother entertaining references to it in the first place?

again, you can see the above with the source, the complaint is the same and not unique to the US. you are talking about the brands of racism, but racism is racism: so, you are not making sense. you like to make a large statement without really saying anything. And I am not here for your opinion alone, you still lack the habit of backing your opinions or claims with citations or sources.

An opinion you are entitled to, feel free to argue with yourself

And true to your nature of "directionlessness" all you have proven is that complaints of racism Is multinational, that was never in contention, what you have not proven is that racism has become normal in all the listed countries, what you have not proven is that the specifics of racism from country to country is the same given their histories
And no, I am too lazy to do any research for an argument my opinions via logic will suffice to handle especially those that don't engage me intellectually. Also this conversation is subjective and that is why I give allowance for your opinions but only accept them when some form of logic even if flawed is exercised

dude, if everything is viewed through the lens of racism and racism is part of everyday life. you don't seem to know much about what you are discussing.
CRT outright rejects the colorblindness of the CRA and argues that in light of past discriminations, colorblind legislation perpetuates institutional and systemic racism. CRT explicitly rejects the individual-level equal treatment before the law that is foundational to classical liberal legal theories.
this has nothing to do with fox news. It's a fact and it's what CRT posits and scholars of CRT argue.
Anything that needs to be viewed through the lens of racism will be viewed through the lens of racism as it rightly should be in a socially conscious and just society! Recognition of a problem is the first step to tackling it not pretending it doesn't exist and if it makes you, your political affiliates and your collective narrative uncomfortable then that is a small price to pay.
And all you listed above about CRT are academically factual and I'm in agreement with a reservation here and there but obviously you do not agree with it but all that is tangential to the fact that the topic of conversation is the normalisation of racism or lack of it from country to country, trash that first then you can come back to me on CRT within acceptable restrictions

Dude, CRT teaches that whites will not do anything that is beneficial to blacks except it benefits them. that's the point. CRT teaches it, it is not my opinion. you clearly do not understand what CRT teaches.

- Derrick Bell

In other words, the interest convergence principle posits that all individual interests are defined by and subordinate to racial identity.

it is not my opinion, it is what your CRT posits

Like I said earlier, I will engage you on CRT on specific conditions but after we trash this current issue out, hopefully you won't run away from it like you did the other one.

when you talk about racism having different brands and making statements like this
because for there to be racism there have to be populations identified as different races in significant numbers, there has to be the history of subjugation of one race by another in recent history with the culture and psyche and wealth and means difference inherent from such history even post subjugation

look at your words in italics.
Yes I see my words and stand by it, put it in the context of an answer to a question, what was the question?

you said for racism to occur. that's in contradiction to the meaning of racism. a white man can or a black man can go to china and be racist to a Chinese man, A white man or black man can say racist things to a Chinese man in Chinese land. that is racism and non of them meets your criteria
finally you read! Congratulations, maybe you'll give me less stup;d replies going forward
Nothing was contradicted except your understanding! So put what I highlighted in the context of normalisation of racism under which I gave those criteria, so yes a black or a white man can be racist to a Chinese in China but guess what such racism will never be? Normal benalvino3! It will never be normal in china! now juxtapose it with your definition of racism and the difference perpetrators listed, I told you to read critically but you didn't, individual was differentiated from communal which was In turn differentiated from systemic! Can that example of racism you gave ever be systemic in China? Answer this question benalvino3! Normalisation of racism starts from the communal to the systemic In my opinion so can it ever be normal?

As for Obama and Sears, what you said about them does not address what I said. You don't seem to understand what I said.
- Derrick Bell

this is what I am talking about. Obama was put in there because of racism, the system is racist, Obama is part of the System, he is promoted by whites because it does not impede on their interest and the interest of blacks and whites align. this means he was there because of white interest.

A very laughable opinion but hey it is your right to have it, it isn't your right to have me engage you on it!

where was the answer given? Oya show us, show us a quote where the answer was given.

For you to recognise the answer, first you must understand the question, do you understand your question Ben or are you going to continue wasting your time?

you are trying to say there are different brands of racism and it differs in different countries. your words below:
like I said earlier, if calling it brands is too complex for your brain to wrap around, try manifestations then and yes I said what I said, racism is in all the countries you listed but it is different from country to country hence the brands or manifestations

above, you can still see the cries from the source or links i provided that what people cry about in USA is the same they cry about in England and South Africa. meets all your criteria and you are still all over the place.

so why is racism normal in US and not in those countries. you have not answered.

Yes it is a given that you are dull, all you have proven is that racism exists in all the places you listed but what you have not proven is that it is normal, England and south Africa do not meet my criteria, not the third criteria and you have proven that racism is in many countries, you have not proven that a couple of white men can hunt down and kill a black man unprovoked, advertise it, excuse it and expect to get away with it legally like Ahmad auberys killers did, you have not proven that white police officers kill black people on the vague excuse of fears for their lives and expect full exonoration without consequences, you have not proven that black people are convicted at a higher rate per capita than white people for similar crimes, you have not proven that being black is synonymous to being a suspect for a criminal act above everyone else in the eyes of law enforcement, let me stop at that for now

I don't think you understand what the term theory means in academia.
when discussing gravity, the LAW of Gravity is talked about that described attraction between two objects. also, theories of gravity that describes why the objects attract each other.

Don't pin your false equivalency on me, I know the difference between a theory and a law and the gravity I know of is a law of attraction of two bodies with given mass hence the false equivalence, the theory or theories on gravity I am unfamiliar with, state them so I can maybe understand your comparison of gravity to CRT
one is humans the other one is not... but what remains thesame is what theory means and what it is used for. I am not talking about Humans and planets but i am talking about Theory in the Scientific realms.

Still false equivalence Mr man! One is a theory with multiple unspecified variables called humanity the other is, well what is the theory of gravity? undecided

If you know anything about it you will know. Last time we discussed you showed us you have no clue who Delgado is.
your stupidity is astounding, I have heard of Delgado but you seem to fulcrum your argument around him like that should matter to me, knowing Delgado is not a requisite to debating about racism or CRT

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by benalvino3: 8:54am On Nov 14, 2021
budaatum:

Here, disstroy. True colors of an anti-CRTist.

Though I bet you'd be fooled by his disguise by fake humour.

We will soon award you with a victim medal. In Nigeria you cry victim, in the UK you cry victim. I am sure if you they send you to the moon you will still cry victim.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by benalvino3: 9:56am On Nov 14, 2021
WispyEthereal:

because for there to be racism there has to be
1. populations identified as different races in significant numbers,
2. there has to be the history of subjugation of one race by another in recent history with the culture and psyche and wealth and means difference inherent from such history even post subjugation

3. and also there needs to be a powerful political party in central goverment with a history of racism and racists in its rank that openly or subtly identifies with or is justifiably identified with racists and racism and also tries at every turn to excuse away racists acts or downplay racist acts in current time.

For No. 1, it does not have to be a significant number. This is why I think your definition of racism is flawed. Please stick with standards and provide citation that backs up your yeye opinions.

Racism occurs in Poland to blacks despite very insignificant black population. Same with Russia, etc. I don't care about your opinions.

For no. 2, again, this is nonsense. Racism can occur without a history of subjugation by one race.

In the US, the complain of racism against Asians from blacks and whites are something we hear all the time. When did blacks ever subjugate Asians or whites subjugate Asians? This your opinion yeye. If it's a fact provide a literature let us read.

For no. 3, another bullshit. Racism can occur regardless of the craps you are saying.

Now the lying begins, or should I say continues undecided why are you such a pathological liar? Refer back to your question, in experimentation we can ask, why is this occurrence observed in ABC but not in xyz? With ABC being the test subject and xyz being the control subject, I approached your question from that angle and answered it with the motive of finding the difference, I even went ahead to label American racism a brand to ease your understanding but I guess you can't force understanding into someone with subconscious and ingrained biases like you.
Where is the lie? Saying someone lie but you wnt on explaining crap.
So please show us where I was specifically talking about blacks in Brazil, minority or majority.

Another lie from your bottomless pit of lies! The question was about in specifics the normalisation of American racism with the absence of this normalisation in other countries as a control so I went ahead and gave you the criteria/conditions/reason why, that your bias can't allow you see beyond its intellectual blocks to understand my answer is no fault of mine.
The question is why racism is normal in America and not in XYZ countries. It's not America alone, because racism exist in other countries and you have to compare racism in the US and other countries. To do that, you can't be talking about the US alone.
So no lie here.

And also by defining racism you did nothing to disprove my assessment on the normalisation of American racism, the definition of racism was never in dispute except between benalvino3 and benalvino3! Gettit? cheesy don't project your confusion and directionlessness or inability to focus on a specific discourse on me, also, on your definition of racism I tasked you to read it critically and understand the differences between individual, communal and institutional sources of racism in respect to its normalisation, did you?

Defining racism proves your three criteria for racism to occur is rubbish. Again, racism can occur without those criterias and for you to say "for racism to happen" there has to be a history of subjugation is stupid.

If you never had a problem with your parrot before me I would advise you to take your own advice and shut your gob up! You've been down with the spamming all these while until he started getting served so you have no high horse to get down from, your tacit approval puts you in the mud below the spammers

See how stupid you are. Lying like it's what makes up your brain. Never down with the dude, never responded to him or mention him. Budaatum and many, even DissTroy don't mention or respond to him. You on the other hand think you must respond to everything. You have been spamming this thread and you don't know. Smart-ass is what you call yourself but, you were not being smart, you were being an ass by going back and forth on nonsense.

Did I dispute that blacks in Britain don't suffer racism? You create disputes in your own miasma of a brain and go ahead to project an opposition opinion on your opponent without appropriate consultation so you can scream gotcha! That is how basic you are. I even went ahead to reference the existence of antisemitism across Europe in my last reply to you but with the case of Nazi Germany being the one to initiate the holocaust hoping that example will spur you in the right direction but alas I could only hope.

And no, the existence of racism was never in dispute by me, its normalisation as observed through its specific manifestations was what I disagreed with you on, that is if you disagree with me and believe racism is normal in somewhere like the U.K or Japan

Again, the question is why is racism normal in the US and not UK, etc.
I was not talking about specific manifestation, crt was not talking about specific manifestation, it is talking about racism where it can find it. So since you agree that racism occur in England and they meet all those criteria you mentioned, why is it not normal over there?

The above is an old and thoroughly researched story subject to several BBC documentaries in the U.K, the above is proof that the U.K takes systemic racism very seriously and is diligently trying to redress it hence damages or you might say reparations or if it doesn't work for you compensation was/is being paid to these Caribbean immigrants who were used and discarded indiscriminately, the above is proof that the U.K isn't trying to deny, whitewash or sweep under the carpet its racist past and its modern day consequences, ABOVE ALL THE ABOVE IS PROOF THAT RACISM IN THE U.K ISN'T NORMAL OR ISN'T ALLOWED TO NOR ABBETED TO BECOME NORMAL! do you have any more points to buttress my argument for me? cool
Oh and you lied again and that I bolded, the complaints are only similar in generality not in specifics hence the brands or manifestations

Again, you are being ridiculous. The US have a study called critical race theory, affirmative action, they talk about race more than any nation, have far better programs to benefit blqcks than the UK, and you want to tell us the UK took it seriously and trying to address it therefore, race cannot be normal grin are you serious? Wow. So the US don't want to address the issue. If the UK is doing such a good job why was the blm protest for discrimination? Do you think reparation will solve anything?

Have you found what your ancestors did 2000 years ago so you can find who to pay reparation? Silly

And what does the above prove in relation to your question on the normalisation of racism? I initially thought you were more intelligent than dapo, intelligent enough not to introduce a tangential issue into a conversation with given premises apparently I was wrong

The above shows the same complaint in the US by minority is being echoed in the UK but only the US racism is normal. Don't you see the irony, Take off your tinfoil hat and try again.

Racial interactions in south Africa are different from the rest so racism in south Africa will follow patterns set for it by its own peculiar history hence the importance of history and in the American scenario CRT. If you had specifically added south Africa to the list I would have mentioned why racism there would be/was different and couldn't be normalised as it in America unless you want to argue for a case currently of
1. Systemic racism against blacks
2. Systemic racism against whites
3. The ANC or the opposition being a racist apologists like the republicans in the U.S as inferred from my third criteria for the normalisation of racism
4. South Africa wasn't even on your list so why should I even bother entertaining references to it in the first place?

South Africa wasn't on my list goes to show you don't even grasp the question you are responding to.
I blame myself a little, I did not add "etc."

South Africa just like England meets your stupid criteria for racism to occur but because it is full of shit you want to shift the goal post. Now South Africa peculiar history which is one of your criteria does not matter. Wow

And true to your nature of "directionlessness" all you have proven is that complaints of racism Is multinational, that was never in contention, what you have not proven is that racism has become normal in all the listed countries, what you have not proven is that the specifics of racism from country to country is the same given their histories
And no, I am too lazy to do any research for an argument my opinions via logic will suffice to handle especially those that don't engage me intellectually. Also this conversation is subjective and that is why I give allowance for your opinions but only accept them when some form of logic even if flawed is exercised
Guys make una see o? I ask why racism is normal in the US and Not again Not other countries. Now he is saying I haven't proved racism is normal in other countries. Who I am debating with? Good Lord grin

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by DissTroy(m): 9:56am On Nov 14, 2021
budaatum:

Here, disstroy. True colors of an anti-CRTist.

Though I bet you'd be fooled by his disguise by fake humour.

Maybe. But he was sarcastic about it given the wordings and his emojis.

Still, I'd always point out how hypocritically ironic it is that you play the victims' game about racism in America daily but you are a self-confessed sectionalist and tribalist who has declared the Igbos - who are as Nigerian as any of us - should "never be allowed to become president".

---

It reminds me of the Left attacking China for clamping down on activists and banning them from Chinese social media yet the same Left support cancel culture and banning of those who refuse to tow the extreme Left path.

Like J.K. Rowling being canceled and banned for saying transgender shouldn't be allowed into women's bathrooms and women need to be protected from them. Like Chimamanda Adichie being banned from speaking on campuses for distinguish women's rights from trans rights.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by benalvino3: 10:34am On Nov 14, 2021
My rebuttal to WispyEthereal continues:

Anything that needs to be viewed through the lens of racism will be viewed through the lens of racism as it rightly should be in a socially conscious and just society! Recognition of a problem is the first step to tackling it not pretending it doesn't exist and if it makes you, your political affiliates and your collective narrative uncomfortable then that is a small price to pay.
But CRT says view everything from the lens of racism. So it's not anything, it's everything.

And all you listed above about CRT are academically factual and I'm in agreement with a reservation here and there but obviously you do not agree with it but all that is tangential to the fact that the topic of conversation is the normalisation of racism or lack of it from country to country, trash that first then you can come back to me on CRT within acceptable restrictions

You have to agree with nonsense we know grin

Like I said earlier, I will engage you on CRT on specific conditions but after we trash this current issue out, hopefully you won't run away from it like you did the other one.
I don't understand what you mean here. Trash the issue below
Dude, CRT teaches that whites will not do anything that is beneficial to blacks except it benefits them. that's the point. CRT teaches it, it is not my opinion. you clearly do not understand what CRT teaches.

- Derrick Bell

In other words, the interest convergence principle posits that all individual interests are defined by and subordinate to racial identity.

it is not my opinion, it is what your CRT posits

Yes I see my words and stand by it, put it in the context of an answer to a question, what was the question?
I don't care about your words. Bring sources that specifically says racism can only happen when what you wrote is met. Source please.

finally you read! Congratulations, maybe you'll give me less stup;d replies going forward
Nothing was contradicted except your understanding! So put what I highlighted in the context of normalisation of racism under which I gave those criteria, so yes a black or a white man can be racist to a Chinese in China but guess what such racism will never be? Normal benalvino3! It will never be normal in china! now juxtapose it with your definition of racism and the difference perpetrators listed, I told you to read critically but you didn't, individual was differentiated from communal which was In turn differentiated from systemic! Can that example of racism you gave ever be systemic in China? Answer this question benalvino3! Normalisation of racism starts from the communal to the systemic In my opinion so can it ever be normal?
Keep quiet, you said there has to be another race in significant number. Seems like you don't know it can't keep track of your own arguments.
Like I said, you type a lot without saying anything. Na you use your mouth say for racism to Occur we are not even on for it to then be normal. For something to be accepted or standards it has to manifest. You are now pretending like it aligns with the crap you said.

A very laughable opinion but hey it is your right to have it, it isn't your right to have me engage you on it!

Go tell Derrick bell wey say whites will only favour blacks if the benefits from it. Na your crt talk am not me.

For you to recognise the answer, first you must understand the question, do you understand your question Ben or are you going to continue wasting your time?
Show us, stop dribbling and dodging.

like I said earlier, if calling it brands is too complex for your brain to wrap around, try manifestations then and yes I said what I said, racism is in all the countries you listed but it is different from country to country hence the brands or manifestations

Call it brands all you want, there is no American brand or Nigerian brand. It is universal.

Yes it is a given that you are dull, all you have proven is that racism exists in all the places you listed but what you have not proven is that it is normal, England and south Africa do not meet my criteria, not the third criteria and you have proven that racism is in many countries, you have not proven that a couple of white men can hunt down and kill a black man unprovoked, advertise it, excuse it and expect to get away with it legally like Ahmad auberys killers did, you have not proven that white police officers kill black people on the vague excuse of fears for their lives and expect full exonoration without consequences, you have not proven that black people are convicted at a higher rate per capita than white people for similar crimes, you have not proven that being black is synonymous to being a suspect for a criminal act above everyone else in the eyes of law enforcement, let me stop at that for now

Don't pin your false equivalency on me, I know the difference between a theory and a law and the gravity I know of is a law of attraction of two bodies with given mass hence the false equivalence, the theory or theories on gravity I am unfamiliar with, state them so I can maybe understand your comparison of gravity to CRT

Lmao, how with your super genius brain you want me to prove claim I did not make? Where did I ever say racism is normal any where? How does me asking why racism is normal in US and not other countries translate to me having to me haven to prove it is normal in other country? You get sense at all? I clearly don't believe it's normal in the US to begin with. Wow

Still false equivalence Mr man! One is a theory with multiple unspecified variables called humanity the other is, well what is the theory of gravity? undecided

Just keep showing yourself that you don't understand the word Theory.

Theory is applied the same way scientifically. It deals with evidence explaining what we experience. I am not comparing humans to gravity or planets. When new evidence comes out, the theory has to change.

your stupidity is astounding, I have heard of Delgado but you seem to fulcrum your argument around him like that should matter to me, knowing Delgado is not a requisite to debating about racism or CRT

Yes, you have heard of Delgado after I mentioned him to you

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by zendi: 11:01am On Nov 14, 2021
Ibime:

Show me an honest customs officer and I will show you a flying pig. Maybe the present serving officers are as "honest" as you were

Revenue (tax) collectors and protectors have never been popular, even from Biblical times.
I'm becoming sure you're an ex-smuggler.
And if I'm right about the ex, then I'm proud to have helped by my service to frustrate you and your type out of that economy wrecking "business".

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by zendi: 12:16pm On Nov 14, 2021
Konkoja:

Hahaha, 4th world banana regime? Yeah, the whole world saw that on 6th of January.

Which country be Jan 6, Nicaragua?
Abeg, I no dey oo.........

What I know is,

If you give a Banana Regime (BR) two lambs called 'Rioting' and 'Trespassing',
They will quickly clone them to two lions, 'Insurrection' and 'Treason'.

When a BR gives the family dog a hostile name,
Then you know they wan turn am to
pepper soup.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 4:32pm On Nov 14, 2021
DissTroy:

Maybe. But he was sarcastic about it given the wordings and his emojis.

Still, I'd always point out how hypocritically ironic it is that you play the victims' game about racism in America daily but you are a self-confessed sectionalist and tribalist who has declared the Igbos - who are as Nigerian as any of us - should "never be allowed to become president".

First, I don't bother about your "Igbos - who are as Nigerian as any of us - should "never be allowed to become president", because everyone knows you are just lying. It is those who wish to split Nigeria that should and can never be president and that includes those asking for Oduduwa republic too. Not sll Igbos wish to destroy Nigeria, and Soludo is currently winning my heart.

Second, you claiming "buda playing victim" shows you don't know buda at all. Buddhism places your life and your destiny in your very own hands.

But I do not expect any of this to open your eyes just as your eyes have remained shut to the education you have received about CRT, which you see as telling others to be victims, when it is actually an attempt to describe what happens so people can be empowered.

Yes, he was being sarcastic, he would claim, but he was showing the mentality of those he shares opinion with.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 4:35pm On Nov 14, 2021
benalvino3:

We will soon award you with a victim medal. In Nigeria you cry victim, in the UK you cry victim. I am sure if you they send you to the moon you will still cry victim.

You keep convincing yourself that drumptfk is president. No one sensible believes you ben.

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 5:04pm On Nov 14, 2021
DissTroy:

Like J.K. Rowling being canceled and banned for saying transgender shouldn't be allowed into women's bathrooms and women need to be protected from them. Like Chimamanda Adichie being banned from speaking on campuses for distinguish women's rights from trans rights.

You'd think the right would be pleased these two anti-trans feminists are cancelled.

Thankfully, both are speaking where it matters, and being paid well for it. JKR unfortunately writes too young for me but there isn't yet an Adichie I have not bought 5 of. Her Half a Yellow Sun is considered by me to be the antidote to Nigeria Falling Apart, and will force us to eventually critic the stupid "no conquered no vanquish" policy that Nigeria adopted and which is so anti critical tribe theory in the way it swept atrocities against Igbos under the rug. When CTT gets in vogue, those atrocities will hopefully be addressed. Her Purple Hibiscus is like CBP, as in, Critic of Bad Parenting, so people will learn what type of parent one should consider not being.

Now, if only she were Igbo I'd bi-marry her myself, even if it means I got to share her with her husband.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by DissTroy(m): 5:20pm On Nov 14, 2021
budaatum:

First, I don't bother about your "Igbos - who are as Nigerian as any of us - should "never be allowed to become president", because everyone knows you are just lying.

Okay. Long live the internet!

budaatum:

I do not think we Nigerians will elect a president from a region who's sole manifesto is the destruction of Nigeria so Biafra can exist. We just are not that dumb.

https://www.nairaland.com/6782892/jonathan-okowa-mentioned-pdp-presidential#106376654
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by WispyEthereal: 5:39pm On Nov 14, 2021
benalvino3:
My rebuttal to WispyEthereal continues:

But CRT says view everything from the lens of racism. So it's not anything, it's everything.

You have to agree with nonsense we know grin

I don't understand what you mean here. Trash the issue below

I don't care about your words. Bring sources that specifically says racism can only happen when what you wrote is met. Source please.

Keep quiet, you said there has to be another race in significant number. Seems like you don't know it can't keep track of your own arguments.
the idiot that you are thinks I will continue to engage you in your deliberate stupidity to waste my time since you have all the time in the world to waste.
For those who can read and understand, my comment was made in the context of normalisation of racism and the reason is simple, when there is a subject race for racism in significant numbers, the frequency of racist incidents increases leading to normalisation, at a certain point it gets institutionalised in some cases as it was in the Americas, leading to normalisation, all these was in the context of normalisation of racism but this genetically stupid halfwit is ignoring the context of normalisation and flying with racism solo because it fits his moronic agenda.
With other people that's how you dance around issues, rephrase, reinterpret and misrepresent, I knew that already before I engaged you and yet here you are trying to pull that lame stunt on me. Bloody liar! grin
Like I said, you type a lot without saying anything. Na you use your mouth say for racism to Occur we are not even on for it to then be normal. For something to be accepted or standards it has to manifest. You are now pretending like it aligns with the crap you said.

Go grow some sense since you're dense, we definitely are on the normalisation of racism and that is what it has been from the start or in true benalvino3 style do you want to reinterpret your question after the fact?

Go tell Derrick bell wey say whites will only favour blacks if the benefits from it. Na your crt talk am not me.

Show us, stop dribbling and dodging.

In the context of this exchange I don't know a derrick bell as he or she is insubstantial to issue in debate here, that you think otherwise is a product of your own directionlessness and your stupidity in thinking I will engage you in tangential arguments beyond a certain point is pathetic but still amusing grin

Call it brands all you want, there is no American brand or Nigerian brand. It is universal.

Racism is universal dumbo, I have never disputed that, my disputing that fact is a creation of yours for the sake of endless and useless arguments! But racism is definitely not the same from place to place so I call it brands and I really don't care that you pretend not to understand anymore, you couldn't understand even if it were grafted into your brain, you will rather die than understand this truth so who cares?

Lmao, how with your super genius brain you want me to prove claim I did not make? Where did I ever say racism is normal any where? How does me asking why racism is normal in US and not other countries translate to me having to me haven to prove it is normal in other country? You get sense at all? I clearly don't believe it's normal in the US to begin with. Wow

Wow, so you didn't say so? grin cheesy grin cheesy

Who was this replying to DissTroy below?

benalvino3:

Racism is normal, it is a normal part of (American) life.

I don't know why so people are trying to eradicate it grin grin grin

I guess this is benalvino3's ghost you pathological lying retard! Racism is normal in America according to you yet you didn't claim it is normal anywhere not even America right? Seems you lie so much you can't keep track of your lies! Shame on you but you've never had shame have you?
I hope everyone can see what a clueless, shameless, barefaced liar this bozo called benalvino3 is! He can't even keep track of his own comments, I response to this I told him he knew why it was normal in America and that led to his question of why it was normal in America and not in other countries which led to my subsequent response and even that question he is trying to pretend doesn't imply he has accepted that racism is normal in America! Garbage piece of a noisemaker excuse for a human being! By virtue of this denial you have lost all credibility! I thought your lying days were in the past now I know better

Just keep showing yourself that you don't understand the word Theory.

Theory is applied the same way scientifically. It deals with evidence explaining what we experience. I am not comparing humans to gravity or planets. When new evidence comes out, the theory has to change.

Yes, you have heard of Delgado after I mentioned him to you
oh shut up, theories are postulations to explain phenomena that are not fully understood and that is why there can be multiple theories on any issues, laws on the other hand are taken as established facts that when subjected to standardised tests will yield exactly the same results over and again irrespective of time and place dumbo! It is you who definitely doesn't understand what a theory is and that is why you wanted to foolishly employ false equivalence in equating a theory to a law!

Stupid individual forming smart! I am your intellectual superior yesterday, today and forever and you are unworthy to lace my intellectual boots!

I have wasted enough time with a bloody liar like you

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Nastymods: 6:09pm On Nov 14, 2021
WispyEthereal:
the idiot that you are thinks I will continue to engage you in your deliberate stupidity to waste my time since you have all the time in the world to waste.
For those who can read and understand, my comment was made in the context of normalisation of racism and the reason is simple, when there is a subject race for racism in significant numbers, the frequency of racist incidents increases leading to normalisation, at a certain point it gets institutionalised in some cases as it was in the Americas, leading to normalisation, all these was in the context of normalisation of racism but this genetically stupid halfwit is ignoring the context of normalisation and flying with racism solo because it fits his moronic agenda.
With other people that's how you dance around issues, rephrase, reinterpret and misrepresent, I knew that already before I engaged you and yet here you are trying to pull that lame stunt on me. Bloody liar! grin

Go grow some sense since you're dense, we definitely are on the normalisation of racism and that is what it has been from the start or in true benalvino3 style do you want to reinterpret your question after the fact?

In the context of this exchange I don't know a derrick bell as he or she is insubstantial to issue in debate here, that you think otherwise is a product of your own directionlessness and your stupidity in thinking I will engage you in tangential arguments beyond a certain point is pathetic but still amusing grin

Racism is universal dumbo, I have never disputed that, my disputing that fact is a creation of yours for the sake of endless and useless arguments! But racism is definitely not the same from place to place so I call it brands and I really don't care that you pretend not to understand anymore, you couldn't understand even if it were grafted into your brain, you will rather die than understand this truth so who cares?

I guess this is benalvino3's ghost you pathological lying retard! Racism is normal in America according to you yet you didn't claim it is normal anywhere not even America right? Seems you lie so much you can't keep track of your lies! Shame on you but you've never had shame have you?
I hope everyone can see what a clueless, shameless, barefaced liar this bozo called benalvino3 is! He can't even keep track of his own comments, I response to this I told him he knew why it was normal in America and that led to his question of why it was normal in America and not in other countries which led to my subsequent response and even that question he is trying to pretend doesn't imply he has accepted that racism is normal in America! Garbage piece of a noisemaker excuse for a human being! By virtue of this denial you have lost all credibility! I thought your lying days were in the past now I know better

oh shut up, theories are postulations to explain phenomena that are not fully understood and that is why there can be multiple theories on any issues, laws on the other hand are taken as established facts that when subjected to standardised tests will yield exactly the same results over and again irrespective of time and place dumbo! It is you who definitely doesn't understand what a theory is and that is why you wanted to foolishly employ false equivalence in equating a theory to a law!

Stupid individual forming smart! I am your intellectual superior yesterday, today and forever and you are unworthy to lace my intellectual boots!

when ya lose ya run. Ya will not engage but ya still wrote ah book in responding grin grin
Ya bipolar
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by gambojimeta: 6:17pm On Nov 14, 2021
Nastymods:
[s]when ya lose ya run. Ya will not engage but ya still wrote ah book in responding [/s]
Ya bipolar

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by gambojimeta: 6:19pm On Nov 14, 2021
WispyEthereal:

You sir Isa geti times. Mo Dan 4 peoples here ah Calley him ah liar sevral Timess. I Isa suprize dat you Isa jas kno dati Jabulani headed donkey Isa liar kikikikiki

Wheni peoples Isa lie, dey Isa forget da pasttt lies they ah tell. Lies ah fery difficalt ta protekt

1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by WispyEthereal: 6:48pm On Nov 14, 2021
Nastymods:
when ya lose ya run. Ya will not engage but ya still wrote ah book in responding grin grin
Ya bipolar
He won! heee You lost! haw He won! heee You lost! haw He won! heee You lost! haw He won! heee You lost! haw He won! heee You lost! haw

I'm I missing anything new my dogpostle? cool

First you shout "I WON! I WON!" then your faithful parrot parrots you "HE WON! HE WON!" is this the best you can do? grin cheesy
I guess benalvino3 is your second puppeteer, where is gambojimeta with the dog meme showing you suctioning DissTroy's crack, he should add benalvino3 to it too
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by WispyEthereal: 6:49pm On Nov 14, 2021
gambojimeta:

You sir Isa geti times. Mo Dan 4 peoples here ah Calley him ah liar sevral Timess. I Isa suprize dat you Isa jas kno dati Jabulani headed donkey Isa liar kikikikiki

Wheni peoples Isa lie, dey Isa forget da pasttt lies they ah tell. Lies ah fery difficalt ta protekt
I am shocked he could boldly deny he claimed racism is normal in America! Imagine the boldness!

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by PrideofLincoln1(m): 6:50pm On Nov 14, 2021
gambojimeta:

I told WhisperEthereal that the guy is a well known pathological liar and that's why he adores the pathological lying racist Trump.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by PrideofLincoln1(m): 6:52pm On Nov 14, 2021
WispyEthereal:
I am shocked he could boldly deny he claimed racism is normal in America! Imagine the boldness!
That guy is well known here as a pathological liar and you will get no where with him because his lies are the truths to him.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by WispyEthereal: 7:02pm On Nov 14, 2021
PrideofLincoln1:
That guy is well known here as a pathological liar and you will get no where with him because his lies are the truths to him.
it is truly shocking! Especially the boldness of it! He was assuming I had poor short term memory

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 7:59pm On Nov 14, 2021
DissTroy:

Okay. Long live the internet!

https://www.nairaland.com/6782892/jonathan-okowa-mentioned-pdp-presidential#106376654

You are hopefully aware that not all Igbos' "sole manifesto is the destruction of Nigeria so Biafra can exist", and that some are One Nigeria Igbos, though I doubt that qualification makes an ounce of difference to you.

Let me add to it for you. No sensible Igbo will win a national election in your lifetime with a Biafra manifesto. And if you find a serious Igbo seeking to be president or vice with such a manifesto, please do let me know because I personally have not found any credible Igbo or Yoruba politician seeking votes on such a destructive manifesto.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Nastymods: 8:31pm On Nov 14, 2021
budaatum:

You are hopefully aware that not all Igbos' "sole manifesto is the destruction of Nigeria so Biafra can exist", and that some are One Nigeria Igbos, though I doubt that qualification makes an ounce of difference to you.

Let me add to it for you. No sensible Igbo will win a national election in your lifetime with a Biafra manifesto. And if you find a serious Igbo seeking to be president or vice with such a manifesto, please do let me know because I personally have not found any credible Igbo or Yoruba politician seeking votes on such a destructive manifesto.

You isa caught.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 8:49pm On Nov 14, 2021
WispyEthereal:

You really need to realise this when responding to them. Their sole intention is to waste your time just as they waste their's.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Konkoja: 8:56pm On Nov 14, 2021
zendi:

Which country be Jan 6, Nicaragua?
Abeg, I no dey oo.........

What I know is,

If you give a Banana Regime (BR) two lambs called 'Rioting' and 'Trespassing',
They will quickly clone them to two lions, 'Insurrection' and 'Treason'.

When a BR gives the family dog a hostile name,
Then you know they wan turn am to
pepper soup.

Call it whatever name or names that suits your narrative, Zendi. Yes, rioting and trespassing with the aim of truncating democratic process is stuff of Banana Republic. Except, you are a student of alternative fact!

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by benalvino3: 9:05pm On Nov 14, 2021
budaatum:

You keep convincing yourself that drumptfk is president. No one sensible believes you ben.

DissTroy come and carry your student. he has missed his classroom grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by benalvino3: 9:06pm On Nov 14, 2021
budaatum:

You really need to realise this when responding to them. Their sole intention is to waste your time just as they waste their's.

Victims

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2935) (2936) (2937) (2938) (2939) (2940) (2941) ... (4181) (Reply)

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread

Viewing this topic: bemeruca and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 238
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.