Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,789 members, 7,820,768 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:11 PM

American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! - Foreign Affairs (3452) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! (1617019 Views)

American Politics For Republicans And Lovers Of Truth And Reason / President Bolsonaro Imported The Devilish American Politics To Brazil(photos) / What Does A Biden Presidency Have To Offer Us-africa Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3449) (3450) (3451) (3452) (3453) (3454) (3455) ... (4139) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 6:54am On Oct 17, 2022
VictorUSA:
I just hope that Democrats flip more sits in this Mid-term.
The fact that RepubliQans don't have the midterm elections on lock in October is a good indicator that this is possible.

There are reports that there are many newly registered voters this election cycle particularly women and youths likely because of Roe v Wade.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 6:57am On Oct 17, 2022
It's pathetic that should RepubliQans lose next month they will allege fraud and not concede.

They will follow the playbook of the former guy next month.
Really sad how low American democracy has gone.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by VictorUSA(m): 7:01am On Oct 17, 2022
Ladyhippolyta88:

The fact that RepubliQans don't have the midterm elections on lock in October is a good indicator that this is possible.

There are reports that there are many newly registered voters this election cycle particularly women and youths likely because of Roe v Wade.

Yea I think i read something like that a few days ago. Overturning wade and roe has compelled so many people who wants it to register. There will be a high turn out this time. But an article i read this morning is making doubt if Democrats will flip a good number of sits.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 8:02am On Oct 17, 2022
VictorUSA:
Yea I think i read something like that a few days ago. Overturning wade and roe has compelled so many people who wants it to register. There will be a high turn out this time. But an article i read this morning is making doubt if Democrats will flip a good number of sits.
The media will not be happy if Democrats win it will not be good for ratings.
They are so good at normalising RepubliQan extremism for ratings and that is bad. Their doom articles have been coming in to demotivate voters. But if turnout is high Democrats will win and there will be another article telling you why that is not good for Democracy grin.
An election RepubliQans supposed to have on lock and key is even winnable for Democrats right now and someone is writing an article doubting if Democrats will flip seats cheesy for an election that was supposed to be RepubliQans race to lose but is currently not the case lol grin but it's somehow a bad thing for Democracts. LMAO there will be no redwave this year and after November 8th we will be writing reasons as to why that happened. RepubliQans will claim election rigging as usual.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 8:08am On Oct 17, 2022
If Democrats win and protect abortion rights by codifying Roe into law.
I expect the Supreme Court to overturn such law and help make a better argument as to why the SCOTUS is compromised and in need of expansion.
No better argument for expansion than the arguments made by the conservative majority right now.
Conservatives argue that it is a state rights issue any state with an abortion referendum have voted in favour of legalising it. If the people vote for Democratic control of congress and it gets legalised what rational argument conservatives used in attacking Roe v Wade would they put forward then?
They will go to SCOTUS, SCOTUS dares overturn it grin court expansion might be imminent and long overdue.
It's good if Democrats control the senate to pass in more federal judges and offset what Trump and RepubliQans did for 4 years.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 8:27am On Oct 17, 2022
Ladyhippolyta88:

Conservatives argue that it is a state rights issue any state with an abortion referendum have voted in favour of legalising it.

I very strongly agree that abortion is a state issue.

As a state issue, I the people and rightful owner of my body gets to elect those who protect my body you see. But if the majority decide to pass laws to take my rights over my body from me, I can campaign more for the right over my body or move to a state where my right over my body is given back to me.

It's democracy, you see. It makes my body my choice rather than it being left to the choice of a supreme court that either side can pack. And you just need read what you yourself have been writing to see that the Supreme Court's decision re RvW is very good for liberal me, and hopefully will be confirmed by the midterms.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by LordReed(m): 8:42am On Oct 17, 2022
basilico:

US Secretary of State James Baker’s famous “not one inch eastward” assurance about NATO expansion in his meeting with Soviet leader Mikhail Gorbachev on February 9, 1990, was part of a cascade of

https://nsarchive.gwu.edu/briefing-book/russia-programs/2017-12-12/nato-expansion-what-gorbachev-heard-western-leaders-early

LoLz! So Putin changed his name to Gorbachev? And where is the treaty NATO signed saying they wouldn't move “not one inch eastward”?

Also can't you see how ridiculous you are being? You are saying Obama negotiating is treason but you're using an example of someone else negotiating. Bwahahahahaha.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 9:21am On Oct 17, 2022
LordReed:

LoLz! So Putin changed his name to Gorbachev? And where is the treaty NATO signed saying they wouldn't move “not one inch eastward”?

Also can't you see how ridiculous you are being? You are saying Obama negotiating is treason but you're using an example of someone else negotiating. Bwahahahahaha.

I'm sure you've worked out, my Lord, that they only get attention because one has time on one's hands, because it's rather obvious that they are a waste of time and space.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by obixcel(m): 9:24am On Oct 17, 2022
Typical of Democrats... can't even give a straight answer on whether there should be any limits to abortion
https://rumble.com/v1oaxou-democrat-hobbs-refuses-to-answer-5-times-if-she-supports-any-limits-on-abor.html

grin

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by obixcel(m): 9:26am On Oct 17, 2022
budaatum:

As a state issue, I the people and rightful owner of my body gets to elect those who protect my body you see. But if the majority decide to pass laws to take my rights over my body from me, I can campaign more for the right over my body or move to a state where my right over my body is given back to me.

It's democracy, you see. It makes my body my choice rather than it being left to the choice of a supreme court that either side can pack. And you just need read what you yourself have been writing to see that the Supreme Court's decision re RvW is very good for liberal me, and hopefully will be confirmed by the midterms.

Do you support limits to abortion?
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 9:28am On Oct 17, 2022
obixcel:
Do you support limits to abortion?

What limits?
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by obixcel(m): 9:44am On Oct 17, 2022
budaatum:

What limits?
Let me make this simple. Can a woman abort her baby even in her 3rd trimester?
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 10:04am On Oct 17, 2022
obixcel:
Let me make this simple. Can a woman abort her baby even in her 3rd trimester?

A woman can abort her baby in the twelvth trimester if she wants to. Thankfully, the law would have something to say about it if she does.

Consider that "can" of your's. I'm certain you mean "should".

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 10:07am On Oct 17, 2022
Slavery was a state issue too the federal government had no right passing the 13th amendment then, some rights are fundamental that they cannot be left to jurisdictions because of ripple effects an example is what we are seeing as a result of Roe being overturned with such a rationale many fundamental rights will be up for debates and no longer inalienable as it is a state issue. You and I know Roe wasn't overturned because it was bad law but because of religious conservatives who will never accept the will of the majority and still go ahead to challenge it in court. Remember the Kansas referendum and future referendums next month even if it's clear that Roe is a popular law they will still challenge it in SCOTUS because it's about control. The SCOTUS decision will help Democrats this midterm though
budaatum:

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 10:09am On Oct 17, 2022
budaatum:

A woman can abort her baby in the twelvth trimester if she wants to. Thankfully, the law would have something to say about it if she does.

Consider that "can" of your's. I'm certain you mean "should".
After viability unless it's life threatening no doctor will do that that is where limits come in and that is what Roe and Casey put in place by establishing viability but why bother explaining to those people anyway since they want to feign ignorance that Roe and Casey never had limits and third trimester abortions were happening at a go before Roe was overturned.
Some questions are not worth answering sha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 10:18am On Oct 17, 2022
Ladyhippolyta88:

Slavery was a state issue too the federal government had no right passing the 13th amendment then, some rights are fundamental that they cannot be left to jurisdictions because of ripple effects an example is what we are seeing as a result of Roe being overturned with such a rationale many fundamental rights will be up for debates and no longer inalienable as it is a state issue. You and I know Roe wasn't overturned because it was bad law but because of religious conservatives who will never accept the will of the majority and still go ahead to challenge it in court. Remember the Kansas referendum and future referendums next month even if it's clear that Roe is a popular law they will still challenge it in SCOTUS because it's about control. The SCOTUS decision will help Democrats this midterm though

The beauty is, not everyone is religious. And it's not as if they gave the slaves a say in the matter. And it's not as if the woman does not have a say today.

Some of us will raise up arms to fight the states that want to abolish what the majority want, just as arms were raised to abolish slavery that the majority did not want.

Trust me. I don't need Scotus to give me authority over my body because I already have authority over my body. And when I do what I want with it, let them throw me in jail if they dare.

Iran would be insignificant, compared.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 10:21am On Oct 17, 2022
Ladyhippolyta88:

After viability unless it's life threatening no doctor will do that that is where limits come in and that is what Roe and Casey put in place by establishing viability but why bother explaining to those people anyway since they want to feign ignorance that Roe and Casey never had limits and third trimester abortions were happening at a go before Roe was overturned.
Some questions are not worth answering sha

Did you notice he called it a baby, lol. If it's a baby let him take it at the 3rd trimester and feed it the milk from his breast.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 10:36am On Oct 17, 2022
budaatum:

The beauty is, not everyone is religious. And it's not as if they gave the slaves a say in the matter. And it's not as if the woman does not have a say today.

Some of us will raise up arms to fight the states that want to abolish what the majority want, just as arms were raised to abolish slavery that the majority did not want.

Trust me. I don't need Scotus to give me authority over my body because I already have authority over my body. And when I do what I want with it, let them throw me in jail if they dare.

Iran would be insignificant, compared.

True. Someone on Twitter said thank God RepubliQans did not repeal the 19th Amendment before overturning Roe.
The women will make their voices heard in November.
What is happening in Iran is revolutionary.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 10:37am On Oct 17, 2022
LordReed:

What sort of questions that? Were they supposed to sign a treaty?
In the name of protecting deeds of Obama you twist yourself into a pretzel.

Simple fact. Russia didn't feel comfy with missiles in Poland. Obama scrapped the plan.

No matter how you twist it. I've shown you the promises NATO made to Russia, and you want a signed treaty.

Putin said NATO in Ukraine is a redline. He drew it and is waging war. He needed a signed declaration.

Obama the abject failure. Drew a red line in Syria over CW and did nothing. At least Trump knocked off some planes n hangars.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by LordReed(m): 10:37am On Oct 17, 2022
budaatum:

I'm sure you've worked out, my Lord, that they only get attention because one has time on one's hands, because it's rather obvious that they are a waste of time and space.

I always feel like I am interacting with trolls who are pushing ridiculousness just for fun.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 10:37am On Oct 17, 2022
budaatum:

Did you notice he called it a baby, lol. If it's a baby let him take it at the 3rd trimester and feed it the milk from his breast.
Yep and give it a social security number, census, child support and other responsibilities given to parents with children it can start from the womb now cheesy
Lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by LordReed(m): 10:40am On Oct 17, 2022
basilico:

What sort of questions that? Were they supposed to sign a treaty?
In the name of protecting deeds of Obama you twist yourself into a pretzel.

Simple fact. Russia didn't feel comfy with missiles in Poland. Obama scrapped the plan.

No matter how you twist it. I've shown you the promises NATO made to Russia, and you want a signed treaty.

Putin said NATO in Ukraine is a redline. He drew it and is waging war. He needed a signed declaration.

Obama the abject failure. Drew a red line in Syria over CW and did nothing. At least Trump knocked off some planes n hangars.

YES! That's why I asked you if you know what START is. Countries don't just work with promises that can be broken tomorrow. NATO didn't promise Putin nada so I don't see where you get off with your nonsense. Obama is wrong but Putin is right, ridiculous.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 10:44am On Oct 17, 2022
obixcel:
Typical of Democrats... can't even give a straight answer on whether there should be any limits to abortion
https://rumble.com/v1oaxou-democrat-hobbs-refuses-to-answer-5-times-if-she-supports-any-limits-on-abor.html

grin

Baby killers and those who advocate are Irrational people.
Should a tiny percentage of those who didn't want to get pregnant make it accessible for everyone else at any time of their choosing?
A tiny minority forcing it's will on the majority is how the left operates.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 10:45am On Oct 17, 2022
LordReed:

I always feel like I am interacting with trolls who are pushing ridiculousness just for fun.

But you are "interacting with trolls who are pushing ridiculousness just for fun"! And to consume your valuable time, my Lord.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 10:53am On Oct 17, 2022
budaatum:

But you are "interacting with trolls who are pushing ridiculousness just for fun"! And to consume your valuable time, my Lord.

See this double standard

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 11:05am On Oct 17, 2022
LordReed:

YES! That's why I asked you if you know what START is. Countries don't just work with promises that can be broken tomorrow. NATO didn't promise Putin nada so I don't see where you get off with your nonsense. Obama is wrong but Putin is right, ridiculous.

You acting smarter than the Baker's, Bushes, etc in how they should have handled it MATO made an assurance to Russia, by then Putin was not the CEO he is today.

Obama is spineless, couldn't wait to reset relations with Putin.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by VictorUSA(m): 11:21am On Oct 17, 2022
@Ladyhippolyta88

Both parties work with media propaganda and writing stories giving you reasons why you need to vote them but in the end you look at who have your interest in mind; who represent your values. As for me I'm a fan of the Democrats because they represents values I hold dear. I'm not pro-LGBTQI/Abortion but also I'm not oughtrightly against them since they don't affect me in anyway. Democrats' policies on gun laws, tax, immigration, etc are policies I hold dear. I'm a born democratgrin We will flip somany seats and the Republikkkaaans can cry election irregularities and manipulation. Trump taught them how not to certify or believe any election outcome when it didn't favour them.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 11:24am On Oct 17, 2022
VictorUSA:
@Ladyhippolyta88

Both parties work with media propaganda and writing stories giving you reasons why you need to vote them but in the end you look at who have your interest in mind; who represent your values. As for me I'm a fan of the Democrats because they represents values I hold dear. I'm not pro-LGBTQI/Abortion but also I'm not oughtrightly against them since they don't affect me in anyway. Democrats' policies on gun laws, tax, immigration, etc are policies I hold dear. I'm a born democratgrin We will flip somany seats and the Republikkkaaans can cry election irregularities and manipulation. Trump taught them how not to certify or believe any election outcome when it didn't favour them.
Lol,
I share more Democratic values than RepubliQan growing up it was the opposite. I used to be conservative then but views and opinions changed.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by VictorUSA(m): 11:30am On Oct 17, 2022
Ladyhippolyta88:
Lol,
I share more Democratic values than RepubliQan growing up it was the opposite. I used to be conservative then but views and opinions changed.
What happened along the line?
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 11:54am On Oct 17, 2022
VictorUSA:
What happened along the line?
My conservative views were shaped by my environment and religious beliefs.
I still believe in God but am now more tolerant of various religious beliefs. I realised that choice and freedom are very important and it makes no sense to traditionally hold onto things that are no longer working. An example is how the discussions around women's rights are shaped and what is still holding women back. As a result of this, my eyes became open to different realities I became liberal because where the world is today some ideals no longer hold sway and are incompatible in today's world. In an ever-changing world, one has to be dynamic, not static. When I changed my views on different issues I discovered that I was a less hateful and judgmental person unlike before as a conservative. I am still conservative on personal issues and choices though but in my outlook, I am liberal in my views, particularly political views.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by feedthenation(m): 11:57am On Oct 17, 2022
---Ye, aka Kanye West to buy Parler SM platform---

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 12:13pm On Oct 17, 2022
feedthenation:
---Ye, aka Kanye West to buy Parler SM platform---

This is wonderful news. I so love when one's utterances affect their bank balance as nothing focuses the mind better.

Unfortunately, he is setting himself up for some uber mega trolling, so I hope he loves what he gets.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3449) (3450) (3451) (3452) (3453) (3454) (3455) ... (4139) (Reply)

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread

Viewing this topic: budaatum and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.