Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,538 members, 7,861,555 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 02:27 PM

American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! - Foreign Affairs (3604) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! (1701948 Views)

American Politics For Republicans And Lovers Of Truth And Reason / President Bolsonaro Imported The Devilish American Politics To Brazil(photos) / What Does A Biden Presidency Have To Offer Us-africa Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3601) (3602) (3603) (3604) (3605) (3606) (3607) ... (4181) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 9:44pm On Jan 08, 2023
SlyFoxxY2K23:

Bahahaha. The good old “the parties switched sides argument “ hahahahaa. I was wondering how long before you came up with that lame excuse that your democrat masters instructed you to say every time this point comes up. Haha

And then you post a screenshot from WIKIPEDIA as your evidence grin grin Mr. Harvard. Mr. “Go read a history book”. grin grin

Please do better.

Have not read further. Anyone trusting the leftist heaven of wikipidea needs to have his head examined. Wikipidea surely?

'Nobody should trust Wikipedia,' its co-founder warns: Larry Sanger says site has been taken over by left-wing 'volunteers' who write off sources that don't fit their agenda as f

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by benalvino3: 9:48pm On Jan 08, 2023
saxywale2:

I would join the protest if I were in their shoes. Maybe the protest can lead Tesla to offer some money back guarantee incentive. Some could have gotten their Tesla for cheaper if they waited maybe a few days. But it's actually funny. 3 cuts in total. Those that bought after 1st cut would think they got a deal only to learn there were two more cuts.
Those that bought before any cuts would be the most pained.

it is funny, they want to be the first to own the Tesla cars but are not happy with the cost to be the first.

I feel like when I got my Xbox one the day it was released then later they removed the mandatory Kinect and sell it for cheaper. if I had waited I would have saved myself from the uselessness that was the Kinect... But it was great using it for skype calls.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 9:56pm On Jan 08, 2023
SlyFoxxY2K23:

And for your information the 70’s is about when LBJ’s strategy depicted in this screenshot would have kicked in. That’s when they turned blacks from plantation slaves to mental slaves dependent on them for hand outs. You are a mental slave to a party that does nothing for you except emotionally blackmail you for your vote every 4 years. You are a slave to a party that if had their way, black people will still be in chains. Your own president said anyone who doesn’t vote for him is not worthy of being called black. That is the most racist thing any president has openly said in decades. Since you are too stupid to understand let me break down what he was saying to you; your only usefulness as a black man to him is your vote! If you don’t give him that then you are not worth anything. You are such a fool for supporting this party and this president.

Dont know whats wrong with bleks in the Great Land of USA, I engage privately with some former deskmate of mine, now doing a PhD in political science. He is no different from these liberals.
Does anyone mind if I brag that I was one of the smartest in the class and my good friend was only better than me in football?
Yet he sends me some some stupid 'peer reviewed' papers every now and then
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 10:08pm On Jan 08, 2023
SlyFoxxY2K23:

The parties realigned but the democrats were still honoring a former KKK member of their party at his funeral just 13 years ago? Pls make it make sense bro. When did this “realignment” take place? 2011?

https://www.c-span.org/video/?c4454847/vice-president-biden-eulogizes-senator-byrd

Demonrats have always been the party of slavery. They try to change history which is impossible

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by benalvino3: 10:09pm On Jan 08, 2023
basilico:

Dont know whats wrong with bleks in the Great Land of USA, I engage privately with some former deskmate of mine, now doing a PhD in political science. He is no different from these liberals.
Does anyone mind if I brag that I was one of the smartest in the class and my good friend was only better than me in football?
Yet he sends me some some stupid 'peer reviewed' papers every now and then

Lmao... it's mob mentality. People are really afraid to stand up for themselves. Society has to dictate what you believe and how you behave. take JK Rowling for example...

she is the devil for standing for women's rights. she is no different from trump and Musk.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by timay1: 10:25pm On Jan 08, 2023
IjeBos:

You would probably due well to pick up a US History Book. Black Nigerians supporting the party of racists. lol. This forum.

Imagine calling the republican party racist, meanwhile you support a party(Democratic party) whose history was built on racism, blood and sweat of black slaves. They enslaved black people physically in the past and are still doing the same today via mental manipulation and slavery. To the Democrats, black people are just their vote plantation where they plant and haevest vote without question

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by timay1: 10:33pm On Jan 08, 2023
IjeBos:
If anyone is really interested in learning how the parties realigned. Google the Southern Strategy.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_strategy

Some of those posts are beyond nonsense and insulting to the legacy of African Americans who fought and died for the freedoms and liberties Black people enjoy today. Make your arguments consistent with History, not using the rewrites of the very racists who don't consider you human nor worthy of those freedoms. Do better.

You don't even have to believe my words. Here are the words of the Republican National Committee chairman Ken Mehlman to the NAACP in 2005 apologizing in the most minimal way possible:
"By the '70s and into the '80s and '90s, the Democratic Party solidified its gains in the African American community, and we Republicans did not effectively reach out," Mehlman says in his prepared text. "Some Republicans gave up on winning the African American vote, looking the other way or trying to benefit politically from racial polarization. I am here today as the Republican chairman to tell you we were wrong."
https://kenmehlman.com/ken-mehlman-remarks-at-naacp/

The republican party only crime in US political history is not fighting to get the African American vote. That was their only crime.

They are fighting to correct that mistake today but it's too late.

Another mistake the republican party is making is not bringing Gen Z people closer to their party like the democrats are already doing. Those ones are the new voting block the democrats are grooming.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by IjeBos(m): 10:52pm On Jan 08, 2023
timay1:

Imagine calling the republican party racist, meanwhile you support a party(Democratic party) whose history was built on racism, blood and sweat of black slaves. They enslaved black people physically in the past and are still doing the same today via mental manipulation and slavery. To the Democrats, black people are just their vote plantation where they plant and haevest vote without question

I'll try this like you are my nephew. Two groups of people are at a car rental agency. Group 1 rents car A(Dem Car) and Group 2 rents car B(Republican Car). They drive away. The Dem car hits someone and drives away without stopping. The Republican car pulls up and and helps the person to the hospital where that person dies. They get to their destination and the groups decide to switch cars for the return trip. Group1 gets into the Republicans Car (CarB). Group 2 in the Dem Car(Car A). They get back to the Rental agency where the police are waiting. Who should get the blame and be arrested for hitting and killing the person. Do we assign blame to the vehicle they are driving or the views and ideology(people) driving those vehicles? Now think of political parties as vehicles and the people who populate them as views and ideology. The KKK, segregationists, racists and people who hate black people decided to jump in the Republican vehicle. And so minorities jumped out and into the Dem vehicle.

This forum is getting tedious and these discussions trifling. I shouldn't have to be explaining these concepts let alone explaining them like I'm talking to a child. If you are want to discuss something, inform yourself first. There are a number of good books on US History, African American History and the political parties. Honestly, when did things change where people liked sounding uninformed?

I took a Government AP(University Level class) class when I was 15. This stuff was part of the discussion and exam. So, it just sounds so rudimentary and basic it's frustrating I'm even discussing it.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by feedthenation(m): 11:12pm On Jan 08, 2023

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by benalvino3: 11:13pm On Jan 08, 2023
IjeBos:

I'll try this like you are my nephew. Two groups of people are at a car rental agency. Group 1 rents car A(Dem Car) and Group 2 rents car B(Republican Car). They drive away. The Dem car hits someone and drives away without stopping. The Republican car pulls up and and helps the person to the hospital where that person dies. They get to their destination and the groups decide to switch cars for the return trip. Group1 gets into the Republicans Car (CarB). Group 2 in the Dem Car(Car A). They get back to the Rental agency where the police are waiting. Who should get the blame and be arrested for hitting and killing the person. Do we assign blame to the vehicle they are driving or the views and ideology(people) driving those vehicles? Now think of political parties as vehicles and the people who populate them as views and ideology. The KKK, segregationists, racists and people who hate black people decided to jump in the Republican vehicle. And so minorities jumped out and into the Dem vehicle.

This forum is getting tedious and these discussions trifling. I shouldn't have to be explaining these concepts let alone explaining them like I'm talking to a child. If you are want to discuss something, inform yourself first. There are a number of good books on US History, African American History and the political parties. Honestly, when did things change where people liked sounding uninformed?

I took a Government AP(University Level class) class when I was 15. This stuff was part of the discussion and exam. So, it just sounds so rudimentary and basic it's frustrating I'm even discussing it.

wow this is troubling grin grin grin
i don't know what to say.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by adamusuleiman3: 11:33pm On Jan 08, 2023
Bolsonaro supporters storm Brazil's Congress, calling for military to take control.

Many Bolsonaro supporters have refused to accept the far-right former leader's defeat in elections more than two months ago to the leftist Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva, who was sworn in as president a week ago.

Videos and photos of the scenes posted to social media also showed crowds invading and ransacking the nearby presidential palace and Supreme Court. Swarms of the Bolsonaro supporters, known as "Bolsonaristas," were seen charging past security barriers and clashing with police who appeared to be using pepper spray against them.

Congressional offices were closed as the mob moved up the ramp of the Congress building and climbed on the roof and broke windows.

Some of the crowd, many draped in the Brazilian national flag or its colors, looked to be recording the invasion on their phones.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by feedthenation(m): 11:57pm On Jan 08, 2023
adamusuleiman3:
Bolsonaro supporters storm Brazil's Congress, calling for military to take control.

Many Bolsonaro supporters have refused to accept the far-right former leader's defeat in elections more than two months ago to the leftist Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva, who was sworn in as president a week ago.

Videos and photos of the scenes posted to social media also showed crowds invading and ransacking the nearby presidential palace and Supreme Court. Swarms of the Bolsonaro supporters, known as "Bolsonaristas," were seen charging past security barriers and clashing with police who appeared to be using pepper spray against them.

Congressional offices were closed as the mob moved up the ramp of the Congress building and climbed on the roof and broke windows.

Some of the crowd, many draped in the Brazilian national flag or its colors, looked to be recording the invasion on their phones.

https://mobile.twitter.com/OxfordDiplomat/status/1612173140616007680/mediaviewer

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by adamusuleiman3: 12:31am On Jan 09, 2023
GOP Rep. Nancy Mace says she might oppose House rules package, calls Gaetz a "fraud"

While McCarthy started the speaker's election being opposed by a bloc of 20 conservative detractors, he chipped away at their opposition Friday, eventually winning votes from 14. But six far-right members withheld their support, and GOP Rep. Matt Gaetz of Florida derailed McCarthy's near-win on the 14th ballot by voting "present."

Gaetz's vote dramatically escalated tensions among Republicans and led McCarthy to confront him directly on the House floor. But on the 15th ballot, after some fielded calls from former President Donald Trump, Gaetz and the five other holdouts voted "present," paving the way for McCarthy to become speaker.

Mace excoriated Gaetz, calling him a "fraud."

"Every time he voted against Kevin McCarthy last week he sent out a fundraising email," she said. "What you saw last week was a constitutional process diminished by those kinds of political actions. I don't support that kind of behavior."

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Ibime(m): 1:08am On Jan 09, 2023
Black people always vote with the North

The North is where they run to to escape slavery

When Republicans had the North, they supported the Republicans

Now Democrats have the North, they support the Democrats

Umudike Republicans can write from now till tomorrow, blacks will never support the Southern slavery states

Blacks will always vote against where the majority of racists vote. Whoever the rednecks in Mississippi and Alabama feel comfortable to vote for, black vote will always be on the other side.

The blacks have been consistent in voting against the most racist party since time immemorial. Blacks didn't change, the racists are the ones who switched party, so blacks crossed to the other side

First pic is 1860 electoral college - Lincoln election

2nd pic is electoral college today

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Ibime(m): 1:21am On Jan 09, 2023
SlyFoxxY2K23:

Bahahah getting desperate now. Oya come and claim Abraham Lincoln who fought to free slaves was a democrat too na hehe.

See your simplistic argument “blacks vote with the north” stop making yourself sound retarded just to deny your KKk party who still had a former KKk member in congress just 13 years ago is racist. Majority of blacks live in urban cities that’s why the democrats tend to win the major urban cities even in red states like Austin in Texas, Atlanta in Georgia, Miami in Florida etc. there are more urban cities in the north-east and west coast of the US as opposed to the middle which is mostly rural. So that explains your stupid mad. Keep banging your head looking for nonsensical theories to justify the racist history of your KKK loving party.

Na who wear shoe know where e dey pinch am

Their vote has spoken. They will never vote with the party of Alabama and Mississippi.

And for your info, I wasn't discussing with you.

5 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by adamusuleiman3: 1:44am On Jan 09, 2023

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by benalvino3: 7:53am On Jan 09, 2023
SlyFoxxY2K23:
Ooopps tongue

I am baffled to see how IjeBos admitted that democrats are the party of slavery, they enslave blacks but they didn't stop there... They now went and stole the Republican car which was not part of the crime and point the fingers at the republicans as racists who enslaved blacks.
The Republicans had no choice but to go back with the car that was left for them. While this is a stupid analogy, it shows that IjeBos knows quite well that the dems are the party of slavery and no matter how they switch cars, he still know they are the ones who committed the crime.

The innocent republicans magically closed their mouth and accept that they killed the guy with the dems car and the dems are innocent republicans.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Ibime(m): 9:09am On Jan 09, 2023
"Knee on neck on George Floyd for 9 minutes was not a contributory factor to his death. Na fentanyl kill am"

Republicans Party mantra and rhetoric

And these Umudike cøons wonder why blacks shun such a racist party.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (3601) (3602) (3603) (3604) (3605) (3606) (3607) ... (4181) (Reply)

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread

Viewing this topic: budaatum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.