Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,459 members, 7,830,282 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:10 PM

American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! - Foreign Affairs (4019) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! (1636492 Views)

American Politics For Republicans And Lovers Of Truth And Reason / President Bolsonaro Imported The Devilish American Politics To Brazil(photos) / What Does A Biden Presidency Have To Offer Us-africa Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4016) (4017) (4018) (4019) (4020) (4021) (4022) ... (4144) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 5:53pm On Feb 05
IjeBos:

Here is more fiction, a poem.

That is what is actually written on the Statute of Liberty. America is a land of immigrants. Those who came here seeking a better life. That is our national identity. And as you know, everyone in America is an immigrant (outside of the Native Americans).

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1754315351855100084.html?utm_campaign=topunroll

Food for thought. American Legal.
Right wing. Be informed by comparison of right wing vs evil left wing.
Thread does justice.
Don't even know why I'm enlightening you.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by bemeruca: 6:14pm On Feb 05
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by bemeruca: 6:30pm On Feb 05
IjeBos:
This is basilico on the new immigration law. Below that is the actual wording of the law. Tomorrow he will argue that he is never wrong, when 99% of everything he types is mostly wrong.

If there were 4,500 encounters per day over a 7-day period, the calculation would be:

Day 1: 4,500 encounters
Day 2: 4,500 encounters
Day 3: 4,500 encounters
Day 4: 4,500 encounters
Day 5: 4,500 encounters
Day 6: 4,500 encounters
Day 7: 4,500 encounters
Total encounters over 7 days = 4,500 x 7 = 31,500

To calculate the 7-day average, take the total encounters and divide by 7 days:

31,500 encounters / 7 days = 4,500 encounters per day

So if there were 4,500 encounters per day consistently over a 7-day period, the 7-day average number of encounters would simply remain 4,500 per day.
So if the consistent daily rate was 4,500 encounters over an entire year, the total number of encounters for that year would be 1,642,500.

In 2023, there was 3.2 million border crossing, and 2023 is regarded as the worst. I know this because I am one of them who entered through Mexico and asked for a job and an asylum.

Everybody stand in line 🤣 the border is still open, they just added a queue system.

The bill is rubbish

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by IjeBos(m): 6:49pm On Feb 05
bemeruca:

If there were 4,500 encounters per day over a 7-day period, the calculation would be:

Day 1: 4,500 encounters
Day 2: 4,500 encounters
Day 3: 4,500 encounters
Day 4: 4,500 encounters
Day 5: 4,500 encounters
Day 6: 4,500 encounters
Day 7: 4,500 encounters
Total encounters over 7 days = 4,500 x 7 = 31,500

To calculate the 7-day average, take the total encounters and divide by 7 days:

31,500 encounters / 7 days = 4,500 encounters per day

So if there were 4,500 encounters per day consistently over a 7-day period, the 7-day average number of encounters would simply remain 4,500 per day.
So if the consistent daily rate was 4,500 encounters over an entire year, the total number of encounters for that year would be 1,642,500.

In 2023, there was 3.2 million border crossing, and 2023 is regarded as the worst. I know this because I am one of them who entered through Mexico and asked for a job and an asylum.

Everybody stand in line 🤣 the border is still open, they just added a queue system.

The bill is rubbish

I wrote earlier that there are people in this thread who don't read themselves but allow right wing Propaganda to lie to them. And what do you know. Here pops in Bemeruca, with more lies. In fact his post quotes my post with the actual text of the bill which refutes his post. All he had to do was read it. But instead he reposted numbers from the same merchants of lies he allows to fill his mind.

Maybe he has a hard time with the word "inadmissable". Which means they are not allowed in the US. Meaning they are automatically removed. I even went through the trouble of bolding and changing the color to red, to help people who don't have the strongest reading comprehension skills. Some people can't be helped (sigh).

Sec. 3301. Border emergency authority.
• Creates Sec. 244B of the Immigration and Nationality Act which grants the Secretary of Homeland Security new emergency authority to respond to extraordinary migration circumstances. The “border emergency authority” may be exercised if the 7-day average number of cumulative encounters of inadmissible aliens is between 4,000 and 5,000 per day and must be exercised if the 7-day average is above 5,000 per day. Exercise of the authority is also required if the number of encounters on a single day exceeds 8,500. Unaccompanied minors from non-contiguous countries are not included in the total number of encounters for the purposes of this section.
• When use of the emergency authority is authorized, the Secretary has the authority to prohibit the entry into the U.S. of all individuals, except unaccompanied minors, between ports of entry and may only screen individuals for eligibility for withholding of removal or protection under the Convention Against Torture. Concurrently, U.S. Customs and Border Protection is required to continue processing a minimum of 1,400 inadmissible aliens per day across southwest land ports of entry under expedited removal or the 235B non-custodial removal proceedings contained in this title, ensuring that access to the asylum system remains available.[/b]
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by bemeruca: 6:56pm On Feb 05
IjeBos:

I wrote earlier that there are people in this thread who don't read themselves but allow right wing Propaganda to lie to them. And what do you know. Here pops in Bemeruca, with more lies. In fact his post quotes my post with the actual text of the bill which refutes his post. All he had to do was read it. But instead he reposted numbers from the same merchants of lies he allows to fill his mind.

Maybe he has a hard time with the word "inadmissable". Which means they are not allowed in the US. Meaning they are automatically removed. I even went through the trouble of bolding and changing the color to red, to help people who don't have the strongest reading comprehension skills. Some people can't be helped (sigh).

Seems like you are suffering from comprehension issues or you don't understand what you post.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by IjeBos(m): 7:13pm On Feb 05
bemeruca:

Seems like you are suffering from comprehension issues or you don't understand what you post.

Here's a riddle.
If you have 4500 inadmissible alien encounters at the border on a given day. How many inadmissible aliens would be allowed into the country that day?
Let me help you, since it seems quite a complex calculation for you.
0. The answer would be 0. As they are inadmissible. 🤣 🤣 🤣
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by zendi: 7:20pm On Feb 05
IjeBos:

Here is more fiction, a poem.

That is what is actually written on the Statute of Liberty. America is a land of immigrants. Those who came here seeking a better life. That is our national identity. And as you know, everyone in America is an immigrant (outside of the Native Americans).

I posted a fable set in a fictional Dolusia.
But in case you're talking of America, your poem is not the Immigration Law of America.
It's just what it is, a poem, somebody's creative work.
The Statue of Liberty is also art work, not the Immigration Law of America.
The Nation of Immigrants narrative is pure lunacy being forced down the throat of a witless public.
No nation is a nation of Immigrants.
Every nation is a nation of it's citizens, even if some or all of those citizens are of immigrant background.
And come to think of it, there is no nation where people sprouted on the spot. Everybody came from somewhere, so nothing unique in calling yourself nation of immigration.
Do you know that the "native" Americans you talked about are/were Russians?
They came from Siberia (Russia)
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by bemeruca: 7:38pm On Feb 05
IjeBos:

Here's a riddle.
If you have 4500 inadmissible alien encounters at the border on a given day. How many inadmissible aliens would be allowed into the country that day?

You are embarrassing yourself again.

Inadmissible aliens:
A person who entered the U.S. without a visa or a valid passport and has been living in the country for more than a year without authorization

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 7:41pm On Feb 05
IjeBos:

Here's a riddle.

Liar. We have ran out liars here and you are still here. Ask Jessicarabbit who has gone to the dark web for advice.
Biden bill allows expulsion if 5000 target is reached per day.
Your fibs. Expel 5000 per day

Totally incongruent with the what the bill propagates

Guy jump into a lake
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by IjeBos(m): 7:52pm On Feb 05
bemeruca:

You are embarrassing yourself again.

Inadmissible aliens:
A person who entered the U.S. without a visa or a valid passport and has been living in the country for more than a year without authorization

Let's look at the actual law. You'll one day learn that words have meaning.

8 U.S.C. § 1182 - U.S. Code - Unannotated Title 8. Aliens and Nationality § 1182. Inadmissible aliens

(a)Classes of aliens ineligible for visas or admission

Except as otherwise provided in this chapter, aliens who are inadmissible under the following paragraphs are ineligible to receive visas and ineligible to be admitted to the United States:
https://uscode.house.gov/view.xhtml?req=granuleid:USC-prelim-title8-section1182&num=0&edition=prelim

How many times do I have to make my point about you and your inability to understand and comprehend the things even you write yoruself.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by bemeruca: 7:58pm On Feb 05
IjeBos:

Let's look at the actual law. You'll one day learn that words have meaning.

https://uscode.house.gov/view.xhtml?req=granuleid:USC-prelim-title8-section1182&num=0&edition=prelim

How many times do I have to make my point about you and your inability to understand and comprehend the things even you write yoruself.

So you are saying the same thing? With what you are responding to 🤣

Lmao, you are dumb
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 8:03pm On Feb 05
bemeruca:

Lmao, you are dumb

Na wah oh. Wisdom will kill u.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by IjeBos(m): 8:05pm On Feb 05
bemeruca:

Lmao, you are dumb

Holy Shit. This idiot is arguing what the word inadmissible means. Here is the inevitable point where you try to obfuscate and divert because you are wrong as ALWAYS. You are literally trying to change the meaning of the word inadmissible, trying to argue that inadmissable really means they are allowed to enter. Lol.

inadmissible
Inadmissible is an adjective used for something or someone not allowed or worthy of being admitted. In the rules of evidence, inadmissible would mean evidence that would be excluded in a court of law. Inadmissible or inadmissibility refers to unfit evidence in each legal action. Inadmissibility would arise from a prohibition such as enjoining of parol evidence which contradicts a written and executed contract. In immigration law, it would be foreign personnel who are ineligible to enter a country.
https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/inadmissible
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by bemeruca: 8:10pm On Feb 05
IjeBos:

Holy Shit. This idiot is arguing what the word inadmissible means. Here is the inevitable point where you try to obfuscate and divert because you are wrong as ALWAYS. You are literally trying to change the meaning of the word inadmissible, trying to argue that inadmissable really means they are allowed to enter. Lol.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/inadmissible

Like the illegal aliens crossing the border. Dumb dumb dumb
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by IjeBos(m): 8:17pm On Feb 05
bemeruca:

Like the illegal aliens crossing the border. Dumb dumb dumb

Oh you don't fundamentally understand US immigration because it hasn't been explained to you on your Fox News Youtube clips.

For an inadmissible encounter, a border agent would have to meet/arrest (encounter) the person. And being inadmissible (not able to be admitted, because they don't have a visa and are unable to claim asylum), they would be removed and not allowed in the US. And that encounter of that inadmissible alien would count to that 5000 number.

Any alien who is not encountered by border agents would not be included in that count. But if an alien did make it to the US outside of legal porder ports of entry, they would not be allowed to even claim asylum if that 5000 figure of inadmissible aliens has been reached. This is the big deal. Gone would be the days that people can just step onto the US soil and claim asylum if that number of inadmissible aliens has been reached.

And an immigrant encountered at the border only becomes inadmissible when they are deemed by the agent to not be admissible. So a person who passes the initial screening(which they made harder) for asylum would be an admissible alien.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by bemeruca: 8:22pm On Feb 05
IjeBos:

Oh you don't fundamentally understand US immigration because it hasn't been explained to you on your Fox News Youtube clips.

For an inadmissible encounter, a border agent would have to meet/arrest (encounter) the person. And being inadmissible (not able to be admitted, because they don't have a visa and are unable to claim asylum), they would be removed and not allowed in the US. And that encounter of that inadmissible alien would count to that 5000 number.

Any alien who is not encountered by border agents would not be included in that count. But if an alien did make it to the US outside of legal porder ports of entry, they would not be allowed to even claim asylum if that 5000 figure of inadmissible aliens has been reached. This is the big deal. Gone would be the days that people can just step onto the US soil and claim asylum if that number of inadmissible aliens has been reached.

So all the people who show up at the border to seek asylum has visa?
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by IjeBos(m): 8:24pm On Feb 05
bemeruca:

So all the people who show up at the border to seek asylum has visa?

The meanings of words can't be this complicated for anyone. Holy Sh*t.

And an immigrant encountered at the border only becomes inadmissible when they are deemed by the agent to not be admissible. So a person who passes the initial screening(which they made harder) for asylum would be an admissible alien and let into the country.

Edit: Why would you need a Visa to show up at the border and apply for asylum? Your posts tend to sound like you turned off your brain.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by bemeruca: 8:41pm On Feb 05
IjeBos:

The meanings of words can't be this complicated for anyone. Holy Sh*t.

And an immigrant encountered at the border only becomes inadmissible when they are deemed by the agent to not be admissible. So a person who passes the initial screening(which they made harder) for asylum would be an admissible alien and let into the country.

It's your problem. I am sure if they used illegal aliens you would have understood. Too bad for you
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by IjeBos(m): 9:55pm On Feb 05
Border Patrol Union endorses the Immigration Bill.

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by God1000(m): 12:33am On Feb 06
What is the latest about Donald trump legal battles
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by God1000(m): 12:35am On Feb 06
AmazonTopaz:
I always knew that Trump was bad news.

So much for brainwashed Evangelicals to claim this criminal was sent by God.
I really don't know how he was able to fool them then

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by feedthenation(m): 1:18am On Feb 06
---Whilst Putin banned over 900 US citizens---Comrade Carlson Tucker is in Russia---that the Russian media treated him like a celebrity---

https://twitter.com/i/status/1754427483967955088

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by bemeruca: 1:26am On Feb 06
feedthenation:
---Whilst Putin banned over 900 US citizens---Comrade Carlson Tucker is in Russia---that the Russian media treated him like a celebrity---

https://twitter.com/i/status/1754427483967955088

So?
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by IjeBos(m): 3:17am On Feb 06
I wonder where all Hunter Biden's fanboys are now with the same condemnation of Musk. Musk owns guns as well. I assume that FBI gun investigation will be loading any time.. Who are we kidding.

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by IjeBos(m): 1:00pm On Feb 06
FoxNews has obtained an internal CBP(customs Border Patrol) memo that Acting CBP Commissioner Troy Miller sent out to CBP leadership today re: the Senate border deal, which he calls “the strongest set of tools we have had in decades.” Miller has worked in CBP for 30+ years.

“CBP Leaders,

As you have likely heard by now, yesterday the Senate released a bipartisan national security agreement. To better respond to the volume of encounters we have seen in recent years, we need more resources and stronger enforcement tools than currently available to manage migration at the border.

This proposed legislation would provide the strongest set of tools we have had in decades to effectively manage migration and enhance our nation’s border security. The primary enforcement changes in this agreement include the Border Emergency Authority that would deem individuals who cross the border at times of high encounters ineligible for asylum and order them summarily removed, changes to strengthen the Credible Fear interviews so that only individuals who are more likely to be eligible for asylum are favorably screened to continue in the process, and a new accelerated provisional removal process that will eventually enable asylum claims to be adjudicated in a matter of months not years.

Critically, this agreement would provide much-needed resources to our frontline personnel, with over $6.8B in supplemental funding for CBP alone. This includes funding for over 1,500 new Agents, Officers, and mission support personnel as well as funding for the recently increased GS-12 Border Patrol Agent overtime pay. The bill also includes important new funding for Non-Intrusive Inspection systems, Automated Surveillance Towers, and other key items to improve our ability to perform our missions. In addition, the proposal significantly increases resources for USCIS and ICE to expand their capacity to screen, transport, detain, and remove individuals who cross the border unlawfully at sufficient scale to match recent encounter levels.

Together, these tools and resources would enable us to maximize consequences against those who unlawfully enter the country, maintain order and security at the border, and appropriately prioritize our essential national security and public safety missions.

These proposed changes won’t fix everything in our immigration system. But they are tough and fair. And, if enacted into law, they would make meaningful and substantial improvements to our nation’s border and national security.

As leaders across our agency, I wanted to share these highlights with you now as this legislation moves forward in Congress.

Thank you for everything you do each day.”

Troy A. Miller
Senior Official Performing the Duties of the Commissione

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by bemeruca: 1:17pm On Feb 06
IjeBos:
I wonder where all Hunter Biden's fanboys are now with the same condemnation of Musk. Musk owns guns as well. I assume that FBI gun investigation will be loading any time.. Who are we kidding.

you are ok with Hunter Bidengrin grin

haters gonna hate.

another cooked up story

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by IjeBos(m): 1:17pm On Feb 06
I think what is happening on the Republican side of Politics is quite fascinating. Below is the 2nd top leader of the house purposely lying in a tweet. I say purposefully because he has to know the bill doesn't allow 5,000 immigrants in at the border daily. He could have read the bill or had his staff read the bill or just picked up the phone and called one of the people who drafted it. But he does this because he has a low regard for the intelligence of Republican voters. And you can see the effect. Basilico and Bemeruca even though having the actual language of the bill in front of them are still arguing this made up fact.

Here is a good dissection of the Bill:
The bipartisan border deal would not allow 5,000 illegal crossings per day, despite what Trump says
What's become a popular talking point among conservative Republicans opposed to an emerging immigration bill is incorrect. Here's what it would do.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/immigration/does-new-immigration-bill-5000-illegal-border-crossings-per-day-rcna136656

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by bemeruca: 1:22pm On Feb 06
IjeBos:
I think what is happening on the Republican side of Politics is quite fascinating. Below is the 2nd top leader of the house purposely lying in a tweet. I say purposefully because he has to know the bill doesn't allow 5,000 immigrants in at the border daily. He could have read the bill or had his staff read the bill or just picked up the phone and called one of the people who drafted it. But he does this because he has a low regard for the intelligence of Republican voters. And you can see the effect. Basilico and Bemeruca even though having the actual language of the bill in front of them are still arguing this made up fact.

Here is a good dissection of the Bill:
The bipartisan border deal would not allow 5,000 illegal crossings per day, despite what Trump says
What's become a popular talking point among conservative Republicans opposed to an emerging immigration bill is incorrect. Here's what it would do.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/immigration/does-new-immigration-bill-5000-illegal-border-crossings-per-day-rcna136656

a question for you,
Who will be entering the country from the Mexico border before they reach 5000 inadmissible aliens?

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by IjeBos(m): 2:14pm On Feb 06
Republicans are potentially going to filibuster their own immigration bill.. because of Trump. In fact Sen Lankford, one of the drafters, probably won't vote for it.
McConnell is asking his caucus not to vote for cloture after making a speech yesterday saying the bill must be passed. McConnell is a coward. Well most Republicans are cowards. The Do Nothing Congress.

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 3:42pm On Feb 06
This mickey mouse DA Alvin Bragg effort to prosecute vax deniers brought to a screeching halt. In his mind they must be Trump supporters.
The defendants must have spent a lot of money paying laywers in a frivolous case brought by a DA who is also using an archaic law to target Drumph.

Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg attempted to charge two New York residents with felonies for having false vaccine passports while he has let off others charged with far worse crimes scot-free.

New York State Supreme Court Justice Brendan T. Lantry dismissed the felony charges against the rdecisionesidents, identified as J.O. and R.V. in the , who had bought the forged vax passports, usurping Bragg's decision.
judge wrote in the opinion, "Clearly, Criminal Possession of a Forged Instrument in the Second Degree (Penal Law § 170.25) is not among the most serious crimes in the New York Penal Law, nor are the factual allegations against Defendants R.V. and J.O. particularly serious in nature."

"Moreover, the factual allegations — that the Defendants purchased fake COVID-19 vaccination cards so that they could provide same to their employer (R.V.) and school (J.O.) — do not rise to the level of the majority of the crimes adjudicated in Supreme Court, New York County, namely homicide, sexual assault, drug sale, robbery, burglary, and other violent and non-violent serious felony offenses," Lantry continued.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by IjeBos(m): 4:36pm On Feb 06
Trump is not immune from prosecution.
It was a Unanimous ruling of the 3 Judge panel.
He has until Feb. 12 to seek a stay from the Supreme Court or his criminal case will continue.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/02/06/us/politics/trump-immunity-appeals-court.html?campaign_id=60&emc=edit_na_20240206&instance_id=0&nl=breaking-news&ref=headline&regi_id=75289398&segment_id=157435&user_id=41c9d58298cfae5beaf0adde0a0b0423

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by happney65: 4:59pm On Feb 06
IjeBos:
Trump is not immune from prosecution.
It was a Unanimous ruling of the 3 Judge panel.
He has until Feb. 12 to seek a stay from the Supreme Court or his criminal case will continue.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/02/06/us/politics/trump-immunity-appeals-court.html?campaign_id=60&emc=edit_na_20240206&instance_id=0&nl=breaking-news&ref=headline&regi_id=75289398&segment_id=157435&user_id=41c9d58298cfae5beaf0adde0a0b0423

Just saw the Judgement now before I came here. He is an oloribuku. He thinks the U.S.A is a banana republic like Nigeria where everything goes and former leaders are left off the hook

He should go to the supreme court and they will tell him the same too

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (4016) (4017) (4018) (4019) (4020) (4021) (4022) ... (4144) (Reply)

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread

Viewing this topic: bemeruca and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.