Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,160 members, 7,867,369 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 02:44 PM

American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! - Foreign Affairs (4033) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! (1712619 Views)

American Politics For Republicans And Lovers Of Truth And Reason / President Bolsonaro Imported The Devilish American Politics To Brazil(photos) / What Does A Biden Presidency Have To Offer Us-africa Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4030) (4031) (4032) (4033) (4034) (4035) (4036) ... (4191) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by JessicaRabbit(f): 11:33am On Feb 22
basilico:
Jessicarabbit and dahighlife. While I'm waiting for your credible sources Is this a credible source of Biden corruption?

https://dailycaller.com/2024/02/21/james-biden-story-china-deal/

NB
Dailycaller co-founded by Tucker Carlson

For the second time, I don't remember having any conversation with you about Biden corruption! You are so dishonest and full of shit, always bringing up irrelevant nonsense to distract from the main point. In fact, I think I will refrain from dignifying you with substantive responses until you finally address the posers I presented.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 11:52am On Feb 22
JessicaRabbit:

You refused to answer my questions, and now you want me to oblige you? It seems you've forgotten how this discussion started and which party has the burden of proof here? You're not a serious debater.

I get my info from a lot of sources..Where do you get yours. You are the one whose blatant lies I keep pointing out.
The worst you can get on is misunderstanding. Unlike you it's usually totally made up fake lies.

Put down your credible sources so we can compare notes. I most of the time provide links.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by JessicaRabbit(f): 12:04pm On Feb 22
basilico:

I get my info from a lot of sources..Where do you get yours. You are the one whose blatant lies I keep pointing out.
The worst you can get on is misunderstanding. Unlike you it's usually totally made up fake lies.

Put down your credible sources so we can compare notes. I most of the time provide links.

Answer the questions, or shut your trap forever. I've indulged your diversions enough.

JessicaRabbit:

Here's some questions for you to answer, if you aren't intellectually dishonest:

(1) How does the fact that Jean Carroll has written about her experiences and encounters with various men (including Trump), invalidate her accusations against Trump?

(2) Do you think it is right for you to make assumptions about people's personal lives based on a single event?

(3) Have you ever stopped to consider the fact that sexual assault survivors' responses and coping mechanisms are diverse and cannot be generalized?

(4) How does Carroll's decision to wear, or not to wear the dress, invalidate her accusations against Trump?

(5) As a writer and advice columnist, Carroll has covered a wide range of topics beyond sex. You don't think you're grossly oversimplifying her work by saying her "interviews were "always about sex, anal sex, lessons from 'My Dog.'"?

You're carefully avoiding these questions because you know answering them honestly will utterly destroy your inane propaganda, and prejudiced narratives.

Get lost.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 12:48pm On Feb 22
JessicaRabbit:

Answer the questions, or shut your trap forever. I've indulged your diversions enough.

You're carefully avoiding these questions because you know answering them honestly will utterly destroy your inane propaganda, and prejudiced narratives.

Get lost.

A certain prime property listed 42 years ago at $20m is now worth $18-27m.

https://www.nytimes.com/1981/07/16/garden/post-home-for-sale-for-20.html

Shove your propaganda sources where the sun don't shine.

Mar a Lago.

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Obrigardo: 1:12pm On Feb 22
When I say maga cultists are the dumbest people on Earth, it is not an Insult but a fact.

For example, we were all witnesses to basilico loco's rampage against the covid vaccine because chip implants and freedumb!

But this same basilico dude is eerily silent about elon dusk's neurallink - a real chip implants to the spine and brain which gives elon full tracking control of the idiots who wear his trash.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Obrigardo: 1:14pm On Feb 22
basilico:

Mar a Lago.

But how did Criminal trump appraise his trashy dick club house? You can't answer that because you don't care.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Obrigardo: 1:17pm On Feb 22
basilico:
Jessicarabbit and dahighlife. While I'm waiting for your credible sources Is this a credible source of Biden corruption?

https://dailycaller.com/2024/02/21/james-biden-story-china-deal/

NB
Dailycaller co-founded by Tucker Carlson

And you think you are transparent and honest by telling us the useful idiot tucker Carlson's trashy daily caller is the source of your demented story.
Smirnov is in the slammer for this lies you are still peddling but you have no shame.

tucker Carlson, who putin even refers to as a useful idiot is the one you touting. The disgraced former fox outrage pôrnstar?
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by bemeruca: 1:18pm On Feb 22
Obrigardo:
When I say maga cultists are the dumbest people on Earth, it is not an Insult but a fact.

For example, we were all witnesses to basilico loco's rampage against the covid vaccine because chip implants and freedumb!

But this same basilico dude is eerily silent about elon dusk's neurallink - a real chip implants to the spine and brain which gives elon full tracking control of the idiots who wear his trash.

Don't think of how you will stop living with your parents and be independent. Be here fooling around with TDS

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Obrigardo: 1:19pm On Feb 22
bemeruca:

Don't think of how you will stop living with your parents and be independent. Be here fooling around with TDS

You haven't seen anything yet. We are still in February, and I'm just warming up, Mr black man hater.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Obrigardo: 1:21pm On Feb 22
basilico:

Yes David Weiss was appointed by AG Bill Bar to investigate the criminal family.

Rich to call President Biden's family Criminal when your overlord Criminal trump and his grifting stupid sons are on the slammer for over $450m in fines for their decades long fraudulent activities. Are you not ashamed yet?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by JessicaRabbit(f): 1:22pm On Feb 22
basilico:

Mar a Lago.

Normally, I'd be explaining to you how valuations were based on its annual net operating income as a club and not on its resale value as a home or its reconstruction cost, but as history has shown repeatedly on this thread, it wouldn't matter to a dumbo with the IQ of a shoelace. If truly you're honest with yourself, or had the tiniest molecule of self-awareness, you'd have subtly noticed how your irrelevant link does absolutely nothing to dispute the fact that Trump DID inflate the value of his resort. So before we get lost in the Bermuda Triangle of tangents you keep constructing, let's circle back to those pesky questions you've been tap-dancing around like a mime lost in a disco:

JessicaRabbit:

Here's some questions for you to answer, if you aren't intellectually dishonest:

(1) How does the fact that Jean Carroll has written about her experiences and encounters with various men (including Trump), invalidate her accusations against Trump?

(2) Do you think it is right for you to make assumptions about people's personal lives based on a single event?

(3) Have you ever stopped to consider the fact that sexual assault survivors' responses and coping mechanisms are diverse and cannot be generalized?

(4) How does Carroll's decision to wear, or not to wear the dress, invalidate her accusations against Trump?

(5) As a writer and advice columnist, Carroll has covered a wide range of topics beyond sex. You don't think you're grossly oversimplifying her work by saying her "interviews were "always about sex, anal sex, lessons from 'My Dog.'"?
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 1:29pm On Feb 22
Obrigardo:

Stop lying. I've never said vaccines contain any chips or traceable compounds. I was against the vax because of the lies behind it, forcing people to have it. Preventing cheap drugs like Ivermectin from prescription. Big pharma made billions which would not been possible had other drugs now approved been rejected then.
Elon Musk with his neural link . That's his own problem. If anyone wants an implant let them get it, I'm totally against neural implants.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 1:40pm On Feb 22
JessicaRabbit:

Normally, I'd be explaining to you how valuations were based on its annual net operating income as a club and not on its resale value as a home or its reconstruction cost, but as history has shown repeatedly on this thread, it wouldn't matter to a dumbo with the IQ of a shoelace. If truly you're honest with yourself, or had the tiniest molecule of self-awareness, you'd have subtly noticed how your irrelevant link does absolutely nothing to dispute the fact that Trump DID inflate the value of his resort. So before we get lost in the Bermuda Triangle of tangents you keep constructing, let's circle back to those pesky questions you've been tap-dancing around like a mime lost in a disco:

You are shameless. Since when do prime real estate properties lose value over time? Especially after massive uplifts.
How did he inflate Mar a Lago. If he was to list it now how much would he get, Mr Ignorant.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by JessicaRabbit(f): 1:52pm On Feb 22
basilico:

You are shameless. Since when do prime real estate properties lose value over time? Especially after massive uplifts.
How did he inflate Mar a Lago. If he was to list it now how much would he get, Mr Ignorant.

You're drowning in a puddle of ignorance, and I'm tired of playing the teacher and throwing you lifelines. Why must we always hold a kindergarten lesson in your favor, and allow you come to predictable conclusions before you can join a simple conversation? You're a lost cause and a bore.

I'm still waiting for answers to these questions.

JessicaRabbit:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by bemeruca: 1:53pm On Feb 22
Obrigardo:

You haven't seen anything yet. We are still in February, and I'm just warming up, Mr black man hater.

Warming up on what? 😂
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 2:36pm On Feb 22
JessicaRabbit:

You're drowning in a puddle of ignorance, and I'm tired of playing the teacher and throwing you lifelines. Why must we always hold a kindergarten lesson in your favor, and allow you come to predictable conclusions before you can join a simple conversation? You're a lost cause and a bore.

I'm still waiting for answers to these questions.

I'll come to those questions.
Later. Let's go on with your fuzzy logic in valuations.
In 2008 Trump sold a property 6.2 acres for $95m MAL is on 17 acres.
Later that property was demolished, subdivided into 3 pieces that in total sold for $108m in 2016.

I posed this question some year ago. If a university was to build a campus next to your village plot, the plots value would rise. If you are to build hostels on your plot, you'd apply for a larger amount of loan than a similar undeveloped property. But you would not use that value for paying land rates.

Its not rocket science. You want to teach me valuation seriously.
Are you aware that land value is very much based on recent sales of other properties within the vicinity.

By the way are you using chatgpt as your source? The other day I wondered whether you are writing love letters. The kind of sweet responses from Generative AI.

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by LordReed(m): 4:52pm On Feb 22
basilico:

Mar a Lago.

How much did he buy the property?
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 7:12pm On Feb 22
LordReed:

How much did he buy the property?

Does it matter?
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by LordReed(m): 7:56pm On Feb 22
basilico:

Does it matter?

LoLz! You fold as easily as wet tissue paper. All it takes is one incisive question to destroy your talking points.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by JessicaRabbit(f): 10:29pm On Feb 22
basilico:

I'll come to those questions.

Just a heads up -- some, actually most of them, might require actual thinking.

Let's go on with your fuzzy logic in valuations.

I prefer to call it "nuanced understanding".

In 2008 Trump sold a property 6.2 acres for $95m MAL is on 17 acres.
Later that property was demolished, subdivided into 3 pieces that in total sold for $108m in 2016.

I posed this question some year ago. If a university was to build a campus next to your village plot, the plots value would rise. If you are to build hostels on your plot, you'd apply for a larger amount of loan than a similar undeveloped property. But you would not use that value for paying land rates.

Flawed analogy. Trump's property that he sold in 2008 was a mansion on a beachfront lot, while Mar-a-Lago is a club resort on a larger inland lot. The demand and supply for these properties are not the same, and neither are the factors that affect their values. For example, beachfront properties are more scarce and desirable than inland properties, and club resorts have different income and expense streams than residential properties. Therefore, the value of one property cannot be inferred from the value of another property, unless they are very similar and comparable.

Its not rocket science.

Maybe it isn't, but it seems to be beyond your current grasp of the situation.

You want to teach me valuation seriously.

Valuation isn't exactly rocket science, but if you're struggling, I'm sure you can find places online to point you towards some beginner resources.

Are you aware that land value is very much based on recent sales of other properties within the vicinity.

Oh really? And what about accessibility, land use, physical attributes, location, market conditions etc, hmm? Can you see how evident your lack of knowledge on this topic is?

Well, I'm not surprised that you can NOT provide any evidence or data to support the claim that recent sales of other properties in the vicinity have increased the value of Mar-a-Lago. You can only offer mere assertions without proof.

And you expect reasonable people here to take you seriously? LOL.

By the way are you using chatgpt as your source? The other day I wondered whether you are writing love letters. The kind of sweet responses from Generative AI.

Perhaps you're just not used to encountering well-written content. Don't worry, it's a rare find these days, I've observed personally.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 2:03am On Feb 23
JessicaRabbit:

Just a heads up -- some, actually most of them, might require actual thinking.

I prefer to call it "nuanced understanding".

Y

Flawed analogy. Trump's property that he sold in 2008 was a mansion on a beachfront lot, while Mar-a-Lago is a club resort on a larger inland lot. The demand and supply for these properties are not the same, and neither are the factors that affect their values. For example, beachfront properties are more scarce and desirable than inland properties, and club resorts have different income and expense streams than residential properties. Therefore, the value of one property cannot be inferred from the value of another property, unless they are very similar and comparable.

Maybe it isn't, but it seems to be beyond your current grasp of the situation.

Valuation isn't exactly rocket science, but if you're struggling, I'm sure you can find places online to point you towards some beginner resources.

Oh really? And what about accessibility, land use, physical attributes, location, market conditions etc, hmm? Can you see how evident your lack of knowledge on this topic is?

Well, I'm not surprised that you can NOT provide any evidence or data to support the claim that recent sales of other properties in the vicinity have increased the value of Mar-a-Lago. You can only offer mere assertions without proof.

And you expect reasonable people here to take you seriously? LOL.

Perhaps you're just not used to encountering well-written content. Don't worry, it's a rare find these days, I've observed personally.

Be adviced that land values depend highly on recent sales of nearby pieces/tracts of land.Try and figure out why. All those factors you mentioned determine why any land sale within the general area took place. If someone bought some land that had oil, then it affects every other sale nearby for instance.Just common sense.

A land valuer/ property agent can clarify that for you.

Jackson, chief property appraiser for Palm Beach County, told Newsweek that its assessments were "based on assessments for tax purposes only and not for financing or...for a lending institution."
He said that Mar-a-Lago was among nine clubs in the county that were appraised on their net operating income. "We look at their memberships—the number of members—their annual membership dues, the expenses that it costs to run the facility, and then we trade a capitalization rate, which includes the tax rate for that jurisdiction," Jackson explained.

"We don't look at that property any differently than we do any properties here in Palm Beach County; they're all assessed equitably and fairly...regardless of who's name is on the property," he added.

Jackson declined to comment on the reaction of Trump and his family to the assessment but said: "Everyone has an opinion. We have an opinion, and our values are set on January 1 of each calendar year and it's only for assessment purposes—not for reappraisals or private appraisals that someone would want to determine what their property is 5

How much would be Michael Jordan's sneakers tax be, were they displayed in their own museum? How much loan would a bank extend to this museum? Same amount as the tax valuation, no?
You really tie yourself up in knots.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 2:12am On Feb 23
LordReed:

LoLz! You fold as easily as wet tissue paper. All it takes is one incisive question to destroy your talking points.

I refer you to Wikipedia. Sometimes learn to do some background checks before dropping gotcha queries.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by feedthenation(m): 2:41am On Feb 23
---Trump and his lawyers trying to commit fraud by changing 6 of Trump business addresses from New York to Florida---

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by LordReed(m): 2:52am On Feb 23
basilico:

I refer you to Wikipedia. Sometimes learn to do some background checks before dropping gotcha queries.

If you know it is a gotcha why are you referring me to anything? You talking pointwas already blown out of the water stop trying to save face.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 2:53am On Feb 23
This pleased Joe Biden supporters on X.
The judge hearing Fanni Willis case over her affair with Nathan Wade.
She was his boss within the Fulton court system at one time.
Tax filings shows he donated to her electoral campaign for Fulton DA

Over to Obrigardo and Ijebos who regaled us with reasons why Clarence should retire as a justice for being friends with some rich dude who had no case at the Supreme Court.

The judge might be the rare honest one so disgusted by the filthy actions of Fani that he sets the ball rolling to have her disbarred and jailed for life.
***Just my wishful thinking****
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 3:10am On Feb 23
LordReed:

If you know it is a gotcha why are you referring me to anything? You talking pointwas already blown out of the water stop trying to save face.

What point and by who ? I've read nothing sensible enough to retract anything I've put down.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 3:24am On Feb 23
feedthenation:
---Trump and his lawyers trying to commit fraud by changing 6 of Trump business addresses from New York to Florida---

Not seen that. The same judge has refused to delay by 30 days an enforcement of penalties teling him to go appeal at higher court.
Translation:
Deposit $360m within 30 days of my judgement announcement or else I'll go after you. Letitia said they will go after the properties.
You are also barred from business in NYC so you can't sign a bond with a NYS insurance company.
( I don't know whether NYS would accept a bond from another state based Co.).
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by happney65: 5:52am On Feb 23
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by MentalCase98: 6:26am On Feb 23
bemeruca:

Warming up on what? 😂

He actually said it like it’s a threat 😂😂

What’s our business if he wants to spend his life ranting and hyperventilating about Trump like a lunatic?

We already know he’s a lifeless incel with no job or woman in his life.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by JessicaRabbit(f): 8:29am On Feb 23
basilico:

Be adviced that land values depend highly on recent sales of nearby pieces/tracts of land.Try and figure out why. All those factors you mentioned determine why any land sale within the general area took place. If someone bought some land that had oil, then it affects every other sale nearby for instance.Just common sense.

A land valuer/ property agent can clarify that for you.

Jackson, chief property appraiser for Palm Beach County, told Newsweek that its assessments were "based on assessments for tax purposes only and not for financing or...for a lending institution."
He said that Mar-a-Lago was among nine clubs in the county that were appraised on their net operating income. "We look at their memberships—the number of members—their annual membership dues, the expenses that it costs to run the facility, and then we trade a capitalization rate, which includes the tax rate for that jurisdiction," Jackson explained.

"We don't look at that property any differently than we do any properties here in Palm Beach County; they're all assessed equitably and fairly...regardless of who's name is on the property," he added.

Jackson declined to comment on the reaction of Trump and his family to the assessment but said: "Everyone has an opinion. We have an opinion, and our values are set on January 1 of each calendar year and it's only for assessment purposes—not for reappraisals or private appraisals that someone would want to determine what their property is 5

How much would be Michael Jordan's sneakers tax be, were they displayed in their own museum? How much loan would a bank extend to this museum? Same amount as the tax valuation, no?
You really tie yourself up in knots.

Just look at the nonsense you're typing. You have no idea what the fuck_ you're even talking about.

First of all, comparing Mar-a-Lago to Michael Jordan's sneakers is so stupid, I can't even fathom how any reasonable person could justify this ridiculous analogy. They are not comparable items, and neither are Trump's mansion and Mar-a-Lago. You can't just use any random example to make your argument, you have to use relevant and similar ones. Context is very important to consider in these situations. You're blatantly ignoring the fact that Mar-a-Lago is not just a piece of land, it's a business. It generates income from its members, guests, events, and other sources. Therefore, its value is not only determined by the land itself, but by the profitability and potential of the business. That's why the county appraiser uses the net operating income method, which is a common and accepted way of valuing income-producing properties. Also, and I think I've alluded to this misconception of yours earlier: you're conflating TAX ASSESSMENT with MARKET VALUE. They serve different purposes! Tax assessment is based on a standardized and uniform method that applies to all properties in a jurisdiction, and it's used to calculate the property taxes that the owner has to pay. Market value is based on the actual price that a willing buyer and a willing seller would agree on in a competitive and open market, and it's influenced by many factors, such as supply and demand, location, condition, amenities, etc. Tax assessment is not necessarily reflective of market value, and vice versa.

As for your question, the answer is NO! A bank can not extend the same amount of loan to a museum that displays Michael Jordan's sneakers as the tax valuation of those sneakers. A bank would look at the market value of the sneakers, the income and expenses of the museum, the creditworthiness of the borrower, the interest rate, the collateral, and other factors. Similarly, a bank would not lend the same amount of money to someone who wants to buy Mar-a-Lago as the tax assessment of Mar-a-Lago.

Please stick to topics you're actually knowledgeable about. It's becoming quite irritating how confident you are in your ignorance.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by LordReed(m): 8:41am On Feb 23
basilico:

What point and by who ? I've read nothing sensible enough to retract anything I've put down.

You showed an ad for the property fromBEFORE he bought it that showed a value that was 2x more than what Trump paid for it. You know what that means to your talking point that's why you responded with Does it matter? LoLz. You are so bad at this.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Obrigardo: 9:15am On Feb 23
basilico:

Stop lying. I've never said vaccines contain any chips or traceable compounds. I was against the vax because of the lies behind it, forcing people to have it. Preventing cheap drugs like Ivermectin from prescription. Big pharma made billions which would not been possible had other drugs now approved been rejected then.
Elon Musk with his neural link . That's his own problem. If anyone wants an implant let them get it, I'm totally against neural implants.

When you make countless conspiracy theories and lies, you tend to lose track.

I don't think I have the time to dig up your trashy posts but you've been caught in lies after lies after lies. So it tracks.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (4030) (4031) (4032) (4033) (4034) (4035) (4036) ... (4191) (Reply)

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 173
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.