Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,044 members, 7,849,207 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 04:17 PM

American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! - Foreign Affairs (455) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! (1677859 Views)

American Politics For Republicans And Lovers Of Truth And Reason / President Bolsonaro Imported The Devilish American Politics To Brazil(photos) / What Does A Biden Presidency Have To Offer Us-africa Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (452) (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) ... (4164) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by stanech: 9:48pm On Apr 17, 2020
doitforyou:

Funny. This is politics to you, not to me. So many lives lost that could’ve been prevented. When the dust settles, many blame to go around, anyone that says Trump is completely blameless is not dealing in reality. There’s no reason why healthcare professionals should use trash bags as PPE or why there were limited ventilators, why there were no tests.

Why we have a very expensive for profit healthcare system yet we were this unprepared. Where did all the profits go?

Blamed for what exactly?

14 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Chrisbeks: 7:44am On Apr 18, 2020
TheShopKeeper:
Trump tosses coronavirus shutdowns back to the states

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/04/16/trump-plan-for-reopening-economy-191073

Days after declaring “total authority“ over states, President Donald Trump on Thursday kicked responsibility for coronavirus-related shutdowns to state governors as he unveiled general guidelines for a phased reopening of the economy.

In a call with governors and at a White House news conference, the president marked the moment — which he called “open up America again“ — as a key step in reviving a devastated economy and an opportunity for state leaders to tailor a response to their individual needs. But he left many critical questions unanswered for the states, including how testing will be ramped up dramatically and where additional resources will come from to protect millions of front-line workers.

...The tin-pot wannabe emperor...
When Trump claimed that he had absolute power to reopen the country, there were cries of “authoritarian,” and “constitutional crisis.” Now that he’s largely leaving it up to governors, you liberals are now crying he's kicking responsibility, he’s putting the “onus” on them, or the “burden” on them. Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. It's always about politics for you libs. There's nothing Trump does that you won't condemn and that's why I never take your criticisms serious. I know it's your default settings and it doesn't matter whether Trump does right or wrong, libs gonna be libs and drive themselves crazy over it.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Chrisbeks: 7:58am On Apr 18, 2020
Did you know?

Ilhan Omar's campaign is on track to pay her husband's consulting firm $1.16 MILLION in 2020

Last year, while she was having an affair with her now-husband she paid his firm $523K

How is this legal?

She's funneling money back into her own pockets

17 Likes 5 Shares

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by wirinet(m): 9:12am On Apr 18, 2020
Chrisbeks:

When Trump claimed that he had absolute power to reopen the country, there were cries of “authoritarian,” and “constitutional crisis.” Now that he’s largely leaving it up to governors, you liberals are now crying he's kicking responsibility, he’s putting the “onus” on them, or the “burden” on them. Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. It's always about politics for you libs. There's nothing Trump does that you won't condemn and that's why I never take your criticisms serious. I know it's your default settings and it doesn't matter whether Trump does right or wrong, libs gonna be libs and drive themselves crazy over it.
You guys are schizophrenics, you have split personalities that argue with yourselves.
Now answer this, does Trump has absolute (you guys would say omnipotent ) powers or not?
One day he says he has omnipotent powers, the next day he says he is leaving the opening up of the states to the Governors, the next day still (yesterday), he orders his cult members carry out civil disobedience against the Governors of Virginia, Minnesota and Michigan. If the Governors called for a civil disobedience against him, he will be screaming "coup".
The US need to brace for a civil war to remove Trump, either next year or in 5 years, he will never leave without destroying the whole country

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Chrisbeks: 10:53am On Apr 18, 2020
wirinet:

You guys are schizophrenics, you have split personalities that argue with yourselves.
Now answer this, does Trump has absolute (you guys would say omnipotent ) powers or not?
One day he says he has omnipotent powers, the next day he says he is leaving the opening up of the states to the Governors, the next day still (yesterday), he orders his cult members carry out civil disobedience against the Governors of Virginia, Minnesota and Michigan. If the Governors called for a civil disobedience against him, he will be screaming "coup".
The US need to brace for a civil war to remove Trump, either next year or in 5 years, he will never leave without destroying the whole country
You need to look in the mirror if you wish to see what a schizophrenic person looks like. I don't even have anything to say to you because you are just full of lies. When has Trump ever called for his followers to carry out civil disobedience against governors? Only in your schizophrenic mind did that happen. I need to start avoiding monikers that are known for spreading fake news on this forum and yours is one of them. Trump tweets Liberate Michigan, Virginia,Minnesota and liberals choose to reach an insane conclusion and see whatever their schizophrenic minds want them to see. Liberalism is indeed a mental disease.

19 Likes 7 Shares

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 11:25am On Apr 18, 2020
Chrisbeks:

You need to look in the mirror if you wish to see what a schizophrenic person looks like. I don't even have anything to say to you because you are just full of lies. When has Trump ever called for his followers to carry out civil disobedience against governors? Only in your schizophrenic mind did that happen. I need to start avoiding monikers that are known for spreading fake news on this forum and yours is one of them. Trump tweets Liberate Michigan, Virginia,Minnesota and liberals choose to reach an insane conclusion and see whatever their schizophrenic minds want them to see. Liberalism is indeed a mental disease.
You know very well how some of you trumpists will react to his tweet but you think we don't know too!

https://www.vox.com/2020/4/17/21225134/trump-liberate-tweets-minnesota-virginia-michigan-coronavirus-fox-news

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Dollywood(m): 11:29am On Apr 18, 2020
If you're rapper that can text battle or audio battle, Please quote me with your WhatsApp number, I have a group where we can all Rap battle and have fun.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Chrisbeks: 11:37am On Apr 18, 2020
budaatum:

You know very well how some of you trumpists will react to his tweet but you think we don't know too!

https://www.vox.com/2020/4/17/21225134/trump-liberate-tweets-minnesota-virginia-michigan-coronavirus-fox-news
You don't know anything, you liberals are delusional. I even saw some tweets by crazy liberals like Dean obedeliah saying Trump was calling for a civil war. Since when did Liberate mean take up arms and fight your country? I repeat, liberalism is a mental disease. It makes you see things that don't exist. BTW, Trump supporters are not as delusional as you liberals are, when they see the tweet "Liberate your state" , they are smart enough to know they can do that by using their votes.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 11:44am On Apr 18, 2020
Chrisbeks:

You don't know anything, you liberals are delusional. I even saw some tweets by crazy liberals like Dean obedeliah saying Trump was calling for a civil war. Since when did Liberate mean take up arms and fight your country? I repeat, liberalism is a mental disease. It makes you see things that don't exist.
When you've first had the largest increase in gun purchases and are scared. But of course you only bought them for hunting, you'd likely tell me, so I "dont see that you exist" and to keep me off my guard while you arm up because, deceiving me, afterall, is part of warfare.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-52189349

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Chrisbeks: 11:50am On Apr 18, 2020
budaatum:

When you've first had the largest increase in gun purchases and are scared. But of course you only bought them for hunting, you'd likely tell me, so I "dont see that you exist" and to keep me off my guard while you arm up because, deceiving me, afterall, is part of warfare.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-52189349
Tell me Something, so the largest increase in gun purchases happened after Trump's tweet yesterday? And to see how delusional you are, you think it's only conservatives that own guns? You don't know that there are millions of liberal gun owners? Even Abbeybailey a well known liberal here on nairaland is a gun owner and 2nd Amendment supporter. Like I said, Liberalism is a mental disease, it makes you see things that don't exist and I repeat, Trump supporters are not as delusional as you liberals are, when they see the tweet "Liberate your state" , they are smart enough to know they can do that by using their votes.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 11:58am On Apr 18, 2020
Chrisbeks:

Tell me Something, so the largest increase in gun purchases happened after Trump's tweet yesterday? And to see how delusional you are, you think it's only conservatives that own guns? You don't know that there are millions of liberal gun owners? Even Abbeybailey a well known liberal here on nairaland is a gun owner and 2nd Amendment supporter. Like I said, Liberalism is a mental disease, it makes you see things that don't exist and I repeat, Trump supporters are not as delusional as you liberals are, when they see the tweet "Liberate your state" , they are smart enough to know they can do that by using their votes.
It isn't only trump supporters who are liberating. And not many vote with guns.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Chrisbeks: 12:06pm On Apr 18, 2020
budaatum:

It isn't only trump supporters who are liberating. And not many vote with guns.
Liberals feel free to tweet Liberate America, Resist, not my president and other liberal hashtags and Trump supporters don't jump to crazy conclusions about that. Put the shoe on the other foot and see liberals go crazy like lunatics and jump to all sorts of ridiculous conclusions.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Mintum: 12:16pm On Apr 18, 2020
Chrisbeks:

Liberals feel free to tweet Liberate America, Resist, not my president and other liberal hashtags and Trump supporters don't jump to crazy conclusions about that. Put the shoe on the other foot and see liberals go crazy like lunatics and jump to all sorts of ridiculous conclusions.
Abeg help me tell them, when they were busy tweeting #Remove45, #Resist, #NotMyPresident and other things, nobody accused them of plotting coup or calling for civil war. Now ordinary LIBERATE that Trump tweeted and they are accusing him of all kinds of nonsense

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Chrisbeks: 12:19pm On Apr 18, 2020
Mintum:

Abeg help me tell them, when they were busy tweeting #Remove45, #Resist, #NotMyPresident and other things, nobody accused them of plotting coup or calling for civil war. Now ordinary LIBERATE that Trump tweeted and they are accusing him of all kinds of nonsense
Maybe Budaatum and Wirinet were blind then, they only have eyes to see fault in anything Trump does.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Mintum: 12:22pm On Apr 18, 2020
Chrisbeks:

Maybe Budaatum and Wirinet were blind then, they only have eyes to see fault in anything Trump does.
Partial blindness grin

9 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 12:42pm On Apr 18, 2020
Chrisbeks:

You must be new here. At the time, they said we wanted to shoot him dead.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Mintum: 1:14pm On Apr 18, 2020
Just look at all these liberals planning coup and civil wars grin grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by wirinet(m): 3:59pm On Apr 18, 2020
Mintum:

Pathetic argument. So because anonymous people write rubbish on twitter is enough for Trump to respond by calling for civil disobedience against governors. Was it the Governors or high ranking Democrats that wrote these things. What will you trump supporters have said and done if Obama, Clinton, Pelosi or Schumer tells their supporters to resist the president or liberate the white house? You would have cried treason.
If we should compare with how you guys insult Buhari, calling him all sorts of names and wishing him dead. You think Trump and his supporters would have gone raving mad.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Nobody: 5:05pm On Apr 18, 2020
Chrisbeks:

You lost an election but want to run the country by proxy. Fcking entitled liberals.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Mintum: 5:47pm On Apr 18, 2020
wirinet:

Pathetic argument. So because anonymous people write rubbish on twitter is enough for Trump to respond by calling for civil disobedience against governors. Was it the Governors or high ranking Democrats that wrote these things. What will you trump supporters have said and done if Obama, Clinton, Pelosi or Schumer tells their supporters to resist the president or liberate the white house? You would have cried treason.
If we should compare with how you guys insult Buhari, calling him all sorts of names and wishing him dead. You think Trump and his supporters would have gone raving mad.
The only thing that is pathetic here is your pathetic attempt to continue promoting fake news. You couldn't even catch the sarcasm in my post. I was simply showing you what liberals would have said if it was conservatives making those posts but trust a liberal to always miss the point by a wide margin.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by stanech: 10:51pm On Apr 18, 2020
It is getting interesting

grin grin grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by wowcatty: 3:18am On Apr 19, 2020
They are now reducing the number of coronavirus deaths.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/14/nyregion/new-york-coronavirus-deaths.html

5 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Mintum: 8:10am On Apr 19, 2020
stanech:
It is getting interesting

grin grin grin
Very interesting tongue

5 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Obrigardo: 11:34am On Apr 19, 2020
Torture the trump farts with facts, thats the only thing that gets into their thin skin like their angry vile and disgusting dear leader
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by wowcatty: 1:05pm On Apr 19, 2020
WWG1WGA!

Please watch this video for 1 minute and see where Trump is among the 6 greatest and the only one alive!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFp8ueEW-As

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by feedthenation(m): 4:10pm On Apr 19, 2020
The Terrible Waste of This Presidency

https://johnpavlovitz.com/2020/04/14/the-terrible-waste-of-this-presidency/

As I write this, Donald Trump has been president for 1,180 days.

I’ve been trying to find a way to describe that time, to summarize in a small space, the depth and breadth of the injury we’ve sustained as a people and a nation.

The word I keep coming back to—is waste.

These 1,180 days have simply been a terrible, unforgivable, unthinkable waste.

A waste of time; the countless hours so many people from every walk of life have had to spend trying to care for people and rebuild their communities and save lives and champion justice and do good work—all while facing their own president as a daily, formidable adversary.

A waste of financial resources; adding 2 trillion dollars to our national debt, stratospheric corporate bailouts, a widening in the gap between the needy and the greedy—a brazen financial flooding of a spreading swamp.

A waste of natural resources; a steady stream of environmental protection rollbacks, wanton disregard for nature and planet and science, and an open contempt for the delicate web of all living things.

A waste of energy; the emotional, physical, and mental drain on so many decent people, who’ve spent their waking days and sleepless nights trying to reckon with a steadfast malevolence that simply defies reason and escapes comprehension.

A waste of ideas; a systematic shutting down of diverse and qualified people: doctors, economists, educators, scientists, creators, and public servants, whose qualified presence served as a threat to the eggshell ego and twitchy ignorance of a historically insecure man-child.

A waste of relationships; the violently uncivil wars waged by people for whom this single person has become the hill they’re ready to let their closest intimacies die on; the fractures in families and friendships and neighborhoods, the cost of which is incalculable.

A waste of human life; children pulled from their parents at the border, refugees stranded at airports, transgender teenagers bullied to self-harm, victims of gun violence left without protection, people without healthcare overcome by financial and physical threat, already vulnerable communities subjected to further violence.

I try to imagine all we could have accomplished in these 1,180 days as a nation, if so many talented, compassionate, gifted, intelligent people hadn’t had to spend so much time trying to protect themselves from their own government; the art that could have been created, the medical advances that could have been made, the humanitarian work that could have been done, the habitats we could have protected, the species that could have been saved, the equity that might have been achieved—and that unfathomable loss grieves me.

I try to imagine how different this place would have been if our leadership had celebrated diverse humanity instead of assailing it; if they’d have generated compassion and not had contempt for it; if they’d have wanted more people to be seen, not less; if they’d have desired collaboration and not confrontation; if they’d have trafficked in hope and not in fear; if they’d have wanted to make America defined by goodness and not “greatness.”

But since we have hopelessly squandered this season of our story with this catastrophic error in judgment, the only way to rectify it is not to repeat it.

By Inauguration Day 2021, we will have spent 1,460 days of 328 million people’s collective lives—with this cruelty and ignorance and disdain representing and defining us: with the severed ties and fractured families and polluted water and poisoned courts and perverted religion and elevated racism it has yielded.

That is a tragedy that we will never truly recover from.

The only greater shared transgression, the only more horrible sin, is if we decide to waste a single day more.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by feedthenation(m): 4:14pm On Apr 19, 2020
Army Decides a Pandemic Is a Good Time to Give GOP Donors $569 Million to ‘Build the Wall’

https://www.thedailybeast.com/army-decides-a-coronavirus-pandemic-is-a-good-time-to-give-gop-donors-dollar569-million-to-build-the-wall

In the middle of a pandemic that has killed 27,000 Americans and counting, the Army this week gave a politically connected Montana firm half a billion dollars—not to manufacture ventilators or protective gear to fight the novel coronavirus, but to build 17 miles of President Trump’s southern border wall.

On Tuesday, the Army Corps of Engineers announced it awarded BFBC, an affiliate of Barnard Construction, $569 million in contract modifications for building “17.17 miles” of the wall in two California locations, El Centro and San Diego. That works out to over $33 million per mile—steeply above the $20 million-per-mile average that the Trump administration is already doling out for the wall. Construction is supposed to be completed by the end of June 2021.

And it’s only the latest wall contract the firm has gotten. BFBC, a reliable contributor to Republican politicians, has gotten over $1 billion in taxpayer money in less than a year to build a mere 37 miles worth of wall. Scott Amey, the general counsel at the Project on Government Oversight, urged federal watchdogs to investigate the new BFBC contract.

“$1 billion for 37 miles of wall is a travesty and it must be investigated and audited immediately,” Amey said. “That’s nearly $27 million per mile, which is well above other wall costs. These efforts might make good on a campaign promise, but who is minding the store and ensuring that military readiness and bases are not negatively impacted?”
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by GalaticHorde: 4:23pm On Apr 19, 2020
garetz:

So your own logic does not see anything wrong with releasing criminal felons into the streets while arresting Pastors and churchgoers? Felons should not be detained because of coronavirus but Christians and their pastors can be detained irrespective of the coronavirus right?
when dealing with a highly communicable virus like covid-19? Yes, yes and yes again and again till eternity comes and hell freezes over!
Any further questions? undecided
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by GalaticHorde: 4:25pm On Apr 19, 2020
kokaneprodigy:

When u arrest the pastors where do u keep them?
like was done in Nigeria, community service, preferably in a hospital catering to covid-19 patients so they can get first hand experience or alternatively finning them
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by GalaticHorde: 4:26pm On Apr 19, 2020
Zuorom:

When will you hold the Democratic party governors accountable for their mismanagement of the coronavirus threats in their states? Are you not tired of playing partisan politics with the coronavirus?
define mismanagement and I will give you a mirror that shows you the face of hypocrisy when you look into it
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by feedthenation(m): 4:50pm On Apr 19, 2020
Mark Meadows (Chief of Staff for Trump) cries in meetings & is scared of Trump's mood swings

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8231597/Trumps-new-chief-staff-Mark-Meadows-cried-meetings-overwhelmed.html

Trump's new chief of staff Mark Meadows has 'cried in meetings and is overwhelmed by a permanent culture that revolves around the president's moods'
- Former congressman, Mark Meadows who became President Trump's chief of staff has apparently been 'overwhelmed' in his new post
- The role, which is supposed to act as a buffer between White House staff and the Oval Office, is different under Trump and varies according to president's moods
- Meadows is said to have cried on at least two occasions since starting the role
- One of those incidents reportedly involved Trump's son-in-law, Jared Kushner, however a person close to him denied the claim
- One source claims that Trump will not have liked hearing of Meadows in tears as the president sees such displays of emotion as a weakness

President Donald Trump's chief of staff is said to be 'overwhelmed' by his new role in the White House, which has reportedly seen him cry in meetings on at least two occasions since he took up the job at the end of March.

Meadows, 60, the conservative former congressman from North Carolina, is the fourth person to take on the job in the president's three years in office. Administration officials told the New York Times that in the less than three weeks he's been in the job, Meadows has been 'overhwhelmed at times by a permanent culture at the White House that revolves around the president's moods' and 'his need for a sense of control'.

And the tensions may got the better of him at times, according to leaks from inside the White House, as reported by The Times.

On two occasions, Meadows is said to have cried during meetings where staffing changes were discussed. In one of those meetings, Trump's son-in-law Jared Kushner was present, according to the New York Times. However, a person close to Kushner told the Times that he denied it took place.
'He's a strong willed individual who is known to get prickly when his viewpoint doesn't prevail,' a person who worked closely with Meadows told ABC News.

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 4:54pm On Apr 19, 2020

(1) (2) (3) ... (452) (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) ... (4164) (Reply)

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread

Viewing this topic: ijebosb and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.