Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,043 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:41 AM

American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! - Foreign Affairs (816) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! (1598615 Views)

American Politics For Republicans And Lovers Of Truth And Reason / President Bolsonaro Imported The Devilish American Politics To Brazil(photos) / What Does A Biden Presidency Have To Offer Us-africa Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (813) (814) (815) (816) (817) (818) (819) ... (4136) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 1:27am On Aug 10, 2020
donjazet:

Will you shut up already! You are a disgrace to all black people on earth. Your fellow black men are fighting for the basic right to live and have equal opportunities in a society that has oppressed them for very long and here we see the extraordinarily stupid black people like you who would key into the narratives, excuses, justifications and rationalizations of the oppressors for their systemic oppression.

while black people are literally laying down their lives for their rights. very foolish and stupid sellouts like you would readily defend the oppressors. how low can you stoop?

How stupid can you be. I used to regard you as one of the only reasonable conservative here but damn how so mistaken was i?
You are sooo dumb. Better go and re-orientate your mentality and realign your thought process. Just see how you are justifying murderers, Mtchew.
Imagine! The same fight by many black people that won the rights that make many Nigerians pray and dream of seeking salvation in America is what some are deriding here.

I'm sure they'd deride us fighting for the same rights in Nigeria without realising they themselves are the animals in the nation they would call a zoo.

Its why SonofLincoln, though I wish he wouldn't, insults them so frequently by claiming they live on ₦200 a day. If they understood the plight of black Americans that pittance they live on might double and triple and likely quadruple but they seem far too ignorant to fight for what could be their rights.

I'm delighted that though they are the most vocal, there's lots of silent enlightened readers learning to not be like them.

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 1:36am On Aug 10, 2020
On August 9, 2014, the body of Mike Brown was stolen from us in Ferguson, Missouri by police officer Darren Wilson. After stealing his life, police desecrated his body and traumatized the Black community of Ferguson by leaving it on the ground for 4½ hours. The entire police state, assisted by mainstream media, conspired to assassinate his character, alleging that he was deserving of his own death.

But the oppression of Black people and theft of Black life has never been quietly swallowed. It has always been met with resistance. The people of Ferguson and St. Louis rose up. For months… and years…

As the United States government tacitly declared Ferguson a war zone, sending in troops, tanks, tear gas, rubber bullets, and guns, courageous folks from Ferguson and greater St. Louis stood them down. Inspired by the courage of local leaders, the steadfastness of Mike’s family, and the enormity of Mike’s spirit, freedom fighters from around the nation and the globe convened in Ferguson. This “call” to Ferguson pulled together #BlackLivesMatter activists, who had been awakened by the acquittal of George Zimmerman for the murder of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin on July 13, 2013. Organizers in Ferguson and St. Louis continue to suffer state-driven repercussions.

Today, in the midst of #BlackAugust, we invoke the tremendous Spirit of Mike Brown, we offer our deep gratitude to Ferguson organizers, and we recommit ourselves to Black resistance, which is the only path to Black freedom.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/11686157_20200604095037000_jpeg_jpeg6ea4df84e0b7ddb1ccb06289691723ad

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by onyemaair: 1:38am On Aug 10, 2020
Another gaffe by Biden. grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by SonofLincoln: 2:13am On Aug 10, 2020
budaatum:

Imagine! The same fight by many black people that won the rights that make many Nigerians pray and dream of seeking salvation in America is what some are deriding here.

I'm sure they'd deride us fighting for the same rights in Nigeria without realising they themselves are the animals in the nation they would call a zoo.

Its why SonofLincoln, though I wish he wouldn't, insults them so frequently by claiming they live on ₦200 a day. If they understood the plight of black Americans that pittance they live on might double and triple and likely quadruple but they seem far too ignorant to fight for what could be their rights.

I'm delighted that though they are the most vocal, there's lots of silent enlightened readers learning to not be like them.
Funny enough Buddha, I agree with you. I get frustrated sometimes because these guys don't know what it is to live as a Black man in America and you can be a very successful Brother and a Police officer with high School or Associate degree will treat you like a drug dealer. I can't tell you how many times I will be driving my Truck and a police officer will be trailing me running my plates license. That's just a minor part of what we go through here. I am always packing and I have my FOIC with me and I got scared one day when I left the gym and I was pulled over for running a Stop sign. The first thing I told the officers is that I am loaded and if not for my calmness, I could have been a dead uppity brother. That's what get me to go off sometimes. Raumdeter is one of the so called conservatives here wishing death on all my 4 children. As much hatred as I have for Trump, I do not wish him or any member of his family any ill, I just want him to go away. If these guys know what it means to be a Black American, they won't be spouting the garbage they spin out every day.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 3:02am On Aug 10, 2020
SonofLincoln:
Funny enough Buddha, I agree with you. I get frustrated sometimes because these guys don't know what it is to live as a Black man in America and you can be a very successful Brother and a Police officer with high School or Associate degree will treat you like a drug dealer. I can't tell you how many times I will be driving my Truck and a police officer will be trailing me running my plates license. That's just a minor part of what we go through here. I am always packing and I have my FOIC with me and I got scared one day when I left the gym and I was pulled over for running a Stop sign. The first thing I told the officers is that I am loaded and if not for my calmness, I could have been a dead uppity brother. That's what get me to go off sometimes. Raumdeter is one of the so called conservatives here wishing death on all my 4 children. As much hatred as I have for Trump, I do not wish him or any member of his family any ill, I just want him to go away. If these guys know what it means to be a Black American, they won't be spouting the garbage they spin out every day.
You need to understand that those living in Nigeria can't possibly know what black people go through in America and most migrants don't know the battles fought for the few rights they enjoy and take for granted.

Instead of insulting the ignorants, they should be forgiven or at best pitied and educated for they know not what they talk about, but apart from that, you should realise that there are many sensible people reading here who would benefit more from being educated instead of being turned off by sweeping insults that do no one any good, not even yourself since insults only show they got under your skin.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by SonofLincoln: 3:46am On Aug 10, 2020
budaatum:

You need to understand that those living in Nigeria can't possibly know what black people go through in America and most migrants don't know the battles fought for the few rights they enjoy and take for granted.

Instead of insulting the ignorants, they should be forgiven or at best pitied and educated for they know not what they talk about, but apart from that, you should realise that there are many sensible people reading here who would benefit more from being educated instead of being turned off by sweeping insults that do no one any good, not even yourself since insults only show they got under your skin.
I concur with you. It's just annoying when guys that don't know what you go through in life tell you they know better than you because they can Google things. I do visit Nigeria yearly or sometimes twice a year since my parents relocated back 18 years ago and I will never tell any Nigerian that I understand how things work in Nigeria better than they do. I knew a guy here by name Tumininu1000 or something like that. He was like these guys until he got a student Visa to Austin Peay University and the guy all of a sudden became a progressive when reality of living in America hit him in the face. If Blacks and Hispanics Americans hate Trump for his hate and bigotry, what do our cousins on nairaland know about America that we do not know.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 3:55am On Aug 10, 2020
SonofLincoln:
It's just annoying when guys that don't know what you go through in life tell you they know better than you because they can Google things.
You do know that you are saying, it is annoying that people are ignorant, right?

I agree it is annoying, but then, since I am annoyed and not ignorant like they are, why not just educate their ignorance out of them and if they refuse to learn let them be. Its not as if their ignorance affects you, or does it, really? Most don't even have a vote in the election they are very ignorant about so why should one react as if they own the White House already?

There are better ways, is what I think, but then I guess I'm kinda arrogant like that so would always rise above ignorant peoples' level.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by SonofLincoln: 4:18am On Aug 10, 2020
budaatum:

You do know that you are saying, it is annoying that people are ignorant, right?

I agree it is annoying, but then, since I am annoyed and not ignorant like they are, why not just educate their ignorance out of them and if they refuse to learn let them be. Its not as if their ignorance affects you, or does it, really? Most don't even have a vote in the election they are very ignorant about so why should one react as if they own the White House already?

There are better ways, is what I think, but then I guess I'm kinda arrogant like that so would always rise above ignorant peoples' level.

100% in agreement with you. I won't argue with you with what you face in Britain because I only visit Britain and never lived there. It's a unique experience for you as a Black man living in Britain. Our cousins here will tell you they know more about Britain than you do because of Google. That's very comical. I heard Stanech told me once that he knows about investments in America than I do and he never spend a second in America. That's the type of guys that idolize Trump on Nairaland. Will try to keep my emotions in check because the fight is not for me but for the future generations that are coming up not to be burdened by legacy of bigotry that's not going to advance the cause of America.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Nobody: 5:09am On Aug 10, 2020
SonofLincoln:
Funny enough Buddha, I agree with you. I get frustrated sometimes

I understand your frustration very much, but with due respect though, it isn't an excuse for the way you insult Nigeria /Nigerians. Sometimes it even sounds like some sort of internalized racism thing, which you always try to
justify with the hardship you've experienced in life.
I honestly don't believe there's a justification for such regardless of whatever you've faced.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 5:17am On Aug 10, 2020
SonofLincoln:
100% in agreement with you. I won't argue with you with what you face in Britain because I only visit Britain and never lived there. It's a unique experience for you as a Black man living in Britain. Our cousins here will tell you they know more about Britain than you do because of Google. That's very comical. I heard Stanech to me once that he knows about investments in America than I do and he never spend a second in America. That's the type of guys that idolize Trump on Nairaland. Will try to keep my emotions in check because the fight is not for me but for the future generations that are coming up not to be burdened by legacy of bigotry that's not going to advance the cause of America.
Funny thing is I personally do not face discrimination from the cops down here, least not since the 80s when I was once stopped by 3 squad cars full of cops while driving. They asked if I knew the speed limit, and I said yes. Then they asked to see my driving licence and if they could search my car. Cop looked at my driving licence and asked where I was from. I asked in return what where I was from had to do with anything which pissed them off especially since I wss clean, so they said my tyre had a cut which was an offence so I should pay a fine and get six points on my licence which would have doubled my insurance. I refused to pay and went to court.

Judge asked if I was guilty or not guilty, I said, no I'm not. He asked if my tyre was defective, I said yes it was, that I'd hit the kerb on my way home but could not stop because it was a double redlined road which meant no stopping and I was on the way to my tyre man to get a new tyre when police stopped me and asked me where I was from.

Judge asked police to present their case but the police lawyer said the policeman who stopped me refused to testify so the judge told them off for wasting my time and said I should consider suing them. And though I didn't sue, ever since, police will follow me while driving, do a radio check, then decide to leave me the heck alone because my wahala is too much.

When they stopped me they expected I'd be aggressive, then they would have arrested me for one thing or the other, but calmness and intelligence always defeats idiots and I have tons plus reserves of both as you can see.

Prior to the stop above and also in the 80s, I once had three producers in two weeks and went to the police station to present my driving particulars as required, and the cop at the counter was like, 3?! He was that shocked I'd got so many and asked if I didn't tell them I already had one. I was like, "I don't want to disturb the cops from doing their job". He practically begged me to tell them I already got one next time.

Photos below were by New Scotland Yard. I was walking by once in my stinky joint days and cops on the bike said, "you look like you're having a good time". I laughed and said, "a very high good time in fact", and took the photos below with their permission. The experience is unique to every individual though, and some do get the George Floyd treatment.

Trust me when I say I'd be very very ignorant and stupid arguing with a person in Nigeria about UK police. But then, I'd be very very ignorant arguing with a Nigerian about Nigerian police too in fact, since my way of handling them is different to most people's ways. When they stop me in Nigeria and try wasting my time, I just pull out a book, sit on my bonnet and read.

I once drove a UK registered van full of books from Tin Can Island to the Orolu Kingdom of Ifon Osun in Osun State and the over twenty times the police stopped me, I just gave out books to them and every car that went by. You should see the look on their faces when they realised buda don't bribe police, lol.

I guess my point in all this is, emotions are best used when controlled with intelligence, and in my opinion, it don't include losing my rag at ignorant people who don't even get a say in what we talking about. Not that I have a say, but if Russia and China can meddle in US politics, so can buda, and besides, here is good practise for Nigeria's election in 2023.

That trump must lose and I need you smart to make sure please.

4 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by AbdulSleeky: 5:39am On Aug 10, 2020
budaatum:

Funny thing is I personally do not face discrimination from the cops down here, least not since the 80s when I was once stopped by 3 squad cars full of cops while driving. They asked if I knew the speed limit, and I said yes. Then they asked to see my driving licence and if they could search my car. Cop looked at my driving licence and asked where I was from. I asked in return what where I was from had to do with anything which pissed them off especially since I wss clean, so they said my tyre had a cut which was an offence so I should pay a fine and get six points on my licence which would have doubled my insurance. I refused to pay and went to court.

Judge asked if I was guilty or not guilty, I said, no I'm not. He asked if my tyre was defective, I said yes it was, that I'd hit the kerb on my way home but could not stop because it was a double redlined road which meant no stopping and I was on the way to my tyre man to get a new tyre when police stopped me and asked me where I was from.

Judge asked police to present their case but the police lawyer said the policeman who stopped me refused to testify so the judge told them off for wasting my time and said I should consider suing them. And though I didn't sue, ever since, police will follow me while driving, do a radio check, then decide to leave me the heck alone because my wahala is too much.

When they stopped me they expected I'd be aggressive, then they would have arrested me for one thing or the other, but calmness and intelligence always defeats idiots and I have tons plus reserves of both as you can see.

Prior to the stop above and also in the 80s, I once had three producers in two weeks and went to the police station to present my driving particulars as required, and the cop at the counter was like, 3?! He was that shocked I'd got so many and asked if I didn't tell them I already had one. I was like, "I don't want to disturb the cops from doing their job". He practically begged me to tell them I already got one next time.

Photos below were by New Scotland Yard. I was walking by once in my stinky joint days and cops on the bike said, "you look like you're having a good time". I laughed and said, "a very high good time in fact", and took the photos below with their permission. The experience is unique to every individual though, and some do get the George Floyd treatment.

Trust me when I say I'd be very very ignorant and stupid arguing with a person in Nigeria about UK police. But then, I'd be very very ignorant arguing with a Nigerian about Nigerian police too in fact, since my way of handling them is different to most people's ways. When they stop me in Nigeria and try wasting my time, I just pull out a book, sit on my bonnet and read.

I once drove a UK registered van full of books from Tin Can Island to the Orolu Kingdom of Ifon Osun in Osun State and the over twenty times the police stopped me, I just gave out books to them and every car that went by. You should see the look on their faces when they realised buda don't bribe police, lol.

I guess my point in all this is, emotions are best used when controlled with intelligence, and in my opinion, it don't include losing my rag at ignorant people who don't even get a say in what we talking about. Not that I have a say, but if Russia and China can meddle in US politics, so can buda, and besides, here is good practise for Nigeria's election in 2023.

That trump must lose and I need you smart to make sure please.

I wish I could be calm like you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by SonofLincoln: 6:18am On Aug 10, 2020
fieryy:

I understand your frustration very much, but with due respect though, it isn't an excuse for the way you insult Nigeria /Nigerians. Sometimes it even sounds like some sort of internalized racism thing, which you always try to
justify with the hardship you've experienced in life.
I honestly don't believe there's a justification for such regardless of whatever you've faced.
The hardship part I didn't understand. I never went through any hardship that any black man growing up in America didn't go through. In fact, my brother and two sisters were lucky to be raised by parents that gave us the best education money could buy. You only see my side of venom but neglected the other side too . I don't know if you are a mother or not but can you rationalize someone whishing death of your child or children because of political disagreements on Nairaland. This happened to me here but people like you with your agenda will overlook that because it doesn't suit your purpose. How will you feel about someone cursing you in their dialects. The guy that wishes me death was saying it in Yoruba language and someone called him out immediately. I wasn't even bothered with what he said because I know he has no say about what will happen to me or my children or wife or for that matter, anyone in my family. If you want to be an Umpire, at least be fair in calling balls and strikes.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Mikora: 6:59am On Aug 10, 2020
AbdulSleeky:

Did I say that Clinton or Obama were saints?

See your madness?

I dont need Trump's kind of money. I am already successful unlike your broke azz.
Lol, wehdone sir abdulsleeky the latest nairaland billionaire! You should be calming down, this is just an argument on nairaland, there are many more important things in life for real successful people to get angry about. You may not need Trump's kind of money but you need 2baba kind of singing 'if you want to criticize Trump do am small small cos you no holy pass my brother'

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Nobody: 7:45am On Aug 10, 2020
SonofLincoln:
The hardship part I didn't understand. I never went through any hardship that any black man growing up in America didn't go through. In fact, my brother and two sisters were lucky to be raised by parents that gave us the best education money could buy. You only see my side of venom but neglected the other side too . I don't know if you are a mother or not but can you rationalize someone whishing death of your child or children because of political disagreements on Nairaland. This happened to me here but people like you with your agenda will overlook that because it doesn't suit your purpose. How will you feel about someone cursing you in their dialects. The guy that wishes me death was saying it in Yoruba language and someone called him out immediately. I wasn't even bothered with what he said because I know he has no say about what will happen to me or my children or wife or for that matter, anyone in my family. If you want to be an Umpire, at least be fair in calling balls and strikes.

But wowcatty wished me death too on this very same thread. He even went further and wished me and my unborn children would be raped to death. I remember being extremely angry and was ready to report such, not only to the Nl mods (which I did), but also to the nearest police station because such is a crime in Germany, but that's the thing... in Germany , a country he's obviously not in. Some have ridiculed my political stance and called them 'woman logic'. This thread brings out the worst in all of us, and I am not completely innocent either.
I think everyone here has snapped from time to time, but I do notice that you insult people based on negative, almost racist like stereotypes about Nigeria, or Africa as a whole... 'cavemen' etc.

To be honest, I'll be a hypocrite for telling you not to insult some here. Some are really stupid, but why the negative stereotypes? Aren't they the very same stereotypes fed to racists? Same stereotypes used to justify racist actions.

And by 'hardship', I meant your life in Chicago. You always claim the streets were/are brutal.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by sexylassie2(f): 10:41am On Aug 10, 2020
I wont comment on this thread until after trump wins the election in November.

I have come to understand that there is a war against Christianity and the people organizing the war are Jews in New york, who are looking to bring communism and socialism into america through their foot solders called African america...as they say in politics, every event in politics is a planned work, nothing in politics happens by chance.

These set of people are trying their best to kill religion because they know that it is easy to destroy an atheist society, if you check history and the countries where communism was the order of the day, you will noticed something, the communist first killed religion, after killing religion, they subvert and put the atheist country into revolution. e,g Russia

The Jews conquered Russia by bringing Lenin from Germany and Trosky with the help of the Newyork bankers who were sponsoring the revolution from there.after the revolution was successful, some of the powerful Jews became owners of the asset of Russia.

In America, The Jews own the media, so they can do whatever they want, supress an agenda or make an agenda popular, also Jews also own a vital culture of african-american, hiphop...that is why hip hop music is trash and overly sexualised..they dont care about morals but to undermine society and make profit off gentiles

Not all jews are bad but there are some powerful jews who are trying their best to change the world so that they can gain control. Communism and socialism is their goal to gain power..they have done it in russia and they might likely be successful in america.

I pity for the foot solders and they are doing the work well.

How come the NAACP an african american organisation has white leaders and filled with Jewish money.

Recently i have been reading some stuff from the ADL(Anti-Defamation League) the jewish organisation fighting anti antisemitism...they are the ones trying their best to bring censorship on social media..

I love the Jewish religion and i read the talmud daily...it is a good inspirational book but let the truth prevail, there some powerful Jews who wants to undermine gentiles society

For all those that dont undertand how the world works..stop watching CNN and try to think for yourself, maybe you will see the big picture

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Goodvibes007: 11:15am On Aug 10, 2020
sexylassie2:

I have come to understand that there is a war against Christianity and the people organizing the war are Jews in New york, who are looking to bring communism and socialism into america through their foot solders called African america...as they say in politics, every event in politics is a planned work, nothing in politics happens by chance.

These set of people are trying their best to kill religion because they know that it is easy to destroy an atheist society, if you check history and the countries where communism was the order of the day, you will noticed something, the communist first killed religion, after killing religion, they subvert and put the atheist country into revolution. e,g Russia

The Jews conquered Russia by bringing Lenin from Germany and Trosky with the help of the Newyork bankers who were sponsoring the revolution from there.after the revolution was successful, some of the powerful Jews became owners of the asset of Russia.

In America, The Jews own the media, so they can do whatever they want, supress an agenda or make an agenda popular, also Jews also own a vital culture of african-american, hiphop...that is why hip hop music is trash and overly sexualised..they dont care about morals but to undermine society and make profit off gentiles

Not all jews are bad but there are some powerful jews who are trying their best to change the world so that they can gain control. Communism and socialism is their goal to gain power..they have done it in russia and they might likely be successful in america.

How come the NAACP an african american organisation has white leaders and filled with Jewish money.

Recently i have been reading some stuff from the ADL(Anti-Defamation League) the jewish organisation fighting anti antisemitism...they are the ones trying their best to bring censorship on social media..

I love the Jewish religion and i read the talmud daily...it is a good inspirational book but let the truth prevail, there some powerful Jews who wants to undermine gentiles society

For all those that dont undertand how the world works..stop watching CNN and try to think for yourself, maybe you will see the
big picture
I don't really understand what to make out of this post.

You are contracting yourself. You said "they" are trying kill/cancel religion. Judaism itself is a religion. Are they going to cancel themselves?
Are "they" going to cancel Hinduism in South Asia, Buddhism in Far East Asia, Christianity and Islam too?

Just like the "some Jews", you do know Trump is also pro-Isreal. Is Trump attempting to cancel religion too?

This post looks like one inspired by nazi/racist scums on far-right websites or garbage sites like 8chan. I hope you are not going to pick up a gun and start targeting Jews.

You need to stop feeding yourself with conspiracy theories and garbage news from far-right websites. Try to read balanced news i.e. stay away from far-left and far-right junk journalism.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 11:16am On Aug 10, 2020
donjazet:

Will you shut up already! You are a disgrace to all black people on earth. Your fellow black men are fighting for the basic right to live and have equal opportunities in a society that has oppressed them for very long and here we see the extraordinarily stupid black people like you who would key into the narratives, excuses, justifications and rationalizations of the oppressors for their systemic oppression.

while black people are literally laying down their lives for their rights. very foolish and stupid sellouts like you would readily defend the oppressors. how low can you stoop?

How stupid can you be. I used to regard you as one of the only reasonable conservative here but damn how so mistaken was i?
You are sooo dumb. Better go and re-orientate your mentality and realign your thought process. Just see how you are justifying murderers, Mtchew.

liberal madness.Im not allowed to think beyond what you want me to think?
As if having an opinion is a crime.
Where is it cast in stone about the cause of death

Im stupid because I am sceptical of the narrative by leftists.

Im sure you now know why I called liberalism a mental disease.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Nobody: 11:58am On Aug 10, 2020
Goodvibes007:

I don't really understand what to make out of this post.

You are contracting yourself. You said "they" are trying kill/cancel religion. Judaism itself is a religion. Are they going to cancel themselves?
Are "they" going to cancel Hinduism in South Asia, Buddhism in Far East Asia, Christianity and Islam too?

You do know Trump is pro-Isreal. Is Trump attempting to cancel religion too?

This post looks like one inspired by nazi/racist scums on far-right websites or garbage sites like 8chan. I hope you are not going to pick up a gun and start targeting Jews.

You need to stop feeding yourself with conspiracy theories and garbage news from far-right websites. Try to read balanced news i.e. stay away from far-left and far-right junk journalism.

You read that bullshit? I stopped after reading the first sentence of the second paragraph lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Goodvibes007: 12:06pm On Aug 10, 2020
fieryy:

You read that bullshit? I stopped after reading the first sentence of the second paragraph lipsrsealed
I did. According to the post, some Jews want to cancel Christianity by using foot soldiers (Black Americans). The "some jews" are also trying to kill religions. Lol.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 12:19pm On Aug 10, 2020
salford1:

You posted a link to a group of people on Facebook that follow conspiracy theories.

The covidiots/Qanon peeps were not even smart enough to use masks in one of their Trumptards supporters gathering from a live video posted yesterday on that page shocked

What happened to you Basilico? You used to be one of the few smart trumptards on here before you started dabbling into the conspiracy theory arena of Dcat.

I dont believe in qanon theories. Im writing off that broad generalisation that all people of colour hate Trump and conservatives.
That is a Facebook group with real life stories of people who mostly quit the democrats after their commie , unapologetic descent. Most have lost family and relatives for speaking out and leaving the democrats.
Long before Obama anyone who won the presidency was Id say a political agreeable candidate to both parties and was generally allowed to perform his duties without manufactured bottlenecks being placed in his way.
Im sure had Clinton won , the republicans would have moved on , allowed her on without bothering 24/7 planning schemes to get rid of her.

Comes Trump, no favourite of any of the sides and his message sinks to the majority of the electoral college. He promised to end the DC corruption.
Instead of being allowed they gang up in a massive never unseen way to remove him, using plain lies backed by the media.
Some crooks I guess are sowing division of the right and left , knowing that they will go scot free for crimes uncovered.
They sit at the top there directing the war conducted by automatons . Some crimes I rhink are too big to be uncovered that these top shots will gladly destroy the society.
Any crisis is overblown, a simple spelling error like covfefe is broadcast non stop by all channels.

My point, some criminals have everything to lose if law and order is to prevail. They will do anything to make sure Trump is out.
And to serve as a warning to any other busybody not part of their elite class attempting to take over the reigns of power.
Propaganda fed to the ordinary person .
This is a war pitting the club vs non club members.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by zendi: 12:45pm On Aug 10, 2020
All America's founding fathers, regardless of any good they did, were racist.
Therefore all their statues and monuments are racist.

All America's present and past Presidents, except Obama, were racist.
The entirety of American history, except the Obama years, was racist.

Some days ago I heard that Grammar was also racist.
And thro the link below, even the Sciences will not be spared. Math too is racist.

Every new day proclaims the eternal truism of that famous book title:
Liberalism Is A Mental Disorder.

https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2020/08/09/brooklyn-college-education-prof-claims-math-is-white-supremacist-patriarchy/

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by donjazet(m): 12:55pm On Aug 10, 2020
sexylassie2:

For all those that dont undertand how the world works..stop watching CNN and try to think for yourself, maybe you will see the big picture

How can someone get to be this crazy??

You are mental. You have filled your head with so much rubbish. Tufia.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 12:56pm On Aug 10, 2020
When did humanity lose its self worth. Here is a leftist warning conservatives what will happen when they occupy white house.I sometimes say its better to remember not necessarily believe what foot soldiers say

Mötley Crüe frontman Tommy Lee
took to Twitter and reposted a
letter warning supporters of
President Donald Trump would
face “pay back” if the Democrats
win back the White House. The
missive ended with the threat that
the payback would see
a “gargantuan metal mountain”
made of confiscated guns
“emblazoned with the face of
Hillary Clinton.
“You Trumpsters better pray that
liberals never gain control of the WH
again,” the letter reads, “because we
are going to pay you back so fucking
hard for all of this shit.” The letter
proposes “Planned Parenthoods on
every damn corner,” and repainting
Air Force One “pussy hat pink” for
aerial deliveries of “birth control pills,
condoms, and atheist literature from
the cockpit.”
“We’re going to tax your mega
churches so bad Joel Olsteen(sic) will
need to get a job at Chik Fil A to pay
his light bill,” it continues.

zendi:

Some days ago I heard that Grammar was also racist.
And thro the link below, even the Sciences will not be spared. Math too is racist.

https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2020/08/09/brooklyn-college-education-prof-claims-math-is-white-supremacist-patriarchy/

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 2:17pm On Aug 10, 2020
AbdulSleeky:

I wish I could be calm like you.
Incidentally, my last post was in response to usermane who tried to deflect all I said by his notion that I am aggrieved and "should check your feelings, and don't bear grudge", but failed to realise its his display of stupidity and ignorance that aggreives me simply because I actually have much regard for him. If I didn't think he was intelligent enough to use his brain, which he shows by the threads he creates even though he is little informed, I probably wouldn't bother at all with him. My hope is he sees he is intelligent despite his ignorance, and I can only assure him of this fact by continuing to engage with him calmly till he abandons the prejudice that blinds him and bothers to understand what I say.

Uncalmness is the first step in being discriminated against. Those who would oppress know that once you've lost your rag they've won, so they'll do anything to rile you up so you get irritated and annoyed and respond in anger. I once lost a job because I lost my rag after 3 days of disciplinary action and knowledge of this fact is what probably helped me further cultivate a calm attitude, that and the fact that I cannot fight, lol. Even in school, I'd win battles with intelligence than my fists.

On the assumption that you are a Muslim, the cleaning of the senses during wudu is calmness cultivation amongst other things. Wudu is like the first wishing step, like saying "Almighty Allah be in control of my senses". It means you are conscious and aware. If you bear it in mind in all your doings you'd find one day that calmness is cultivated in you especially when you realise that there are better ways of using your emotions and time than being angry and uncalm.

Below are some verses that may assist and guide your wishes.

And We will surely test you with something of fear and hunger and a loss of wealth and lives and fruits, but give good tidings to the patient, Who, when disaster strikes them, say, "Indeed we belong to Allah, and indeed to Him we will return". Those are the ones upon whom are blessings from their Lord and mercy. And it is those who are the rightly guided. Al-Baqarah 2:155-157

O you who have believed, seek help through patience and prayer. Indeed, Allah is with the patient. Al-Baqarah 2:153

[url=https://classic.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+5%3A1-16&version=KJV]As is written[/url], one should aspire to perfection so that one's light is seen and the Father in heaven be glorified.

Nothing annoys more than when you refuse to rise to low intelligence and ignorant baiting, and if you don't stoop down to their level, they'd be forced to rise to yours as you'd note by how little buda is insulted on here the most insulting thread on NL.

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 2:23pm On Aug 10, 2020
SonofLincoln:

If you want to be an Umpire, at least be fair in calling balls and strikes.
You do not seem to understand that those we umpire are umpired because we assume they have brains and will learn, and those we don't umpire are those we assume can not and will never learn.

We are simply testing our assumptions, Son, with the hope we assumed right.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by SonofLincoln: 2:33pm On Aug 10, 2020
fieryy:

But wowcatty wished me death too on this very same thread. He even went further and wished me and my unborn children would be raped to death. I remember being extremely angry and was ready to report such, not only to the Nl mods (which I did), but also to the nearest police station because such is a crime in Germany, but that's the thing... in Germany , a country he's obviously not in. Some have ridiculed my political stance and called them 'woman logic'. This thread brings out the worst in all of us, and I am not completely innocent either.
I think everyone here has snapped from time to time, but I do notice that you insult people based on negative, almost racist like stereotypes about Nigeria, or Africa as a whole... 'cavemen' etc.

To be honest, I'll be a hypocrite for telling you not to insult some here. Some are really stupid, but why the negative stereotypes? Aren't they the very same stereotypes fed to racists? Same stereotypes used to justify racist actions.

And by 'hardship', I meant your life in Chicago. You always claim the streets were/are brutal.
My problem with your write up is focusing your anger on me but you have to realize it takes two to tango. I have been called so many ugly names here by the guys you are defending. I remember vividly Obixcel and couple other guys here always refer to me as Lucasbaboon. Another one always say Asiwere. All those are fine with you I guess but your anger is for me calling them cavemen. At least be fair in your judgement if you want to be a judge. About the hardship you talking about, that's growing up in any big cities in America like New York, Los Angeles or Chicago. I grew up seeing so many things of life that forms my experience in life. I do not care about names people call me as long as you do not put your hands on me because that's the way I grew up. Like I said earlier, if you want to condemn me, condemn the other guys too since I think if someone call you a baboon, you will give the person a peck on the cheeks.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 2:39pm On Aug 10, 2020
basilico:

Im sure you now know why I called liberalism a mental disease.
Your lack of knowledge just shows you definitely do not think for yourself, and while we can direct you to water, the assuaging of your thirst is entirely up to you. How can we know why you call liberalism a mental illness when you've shown absolutely no knowledge at all that you even know what liberalism is?

Liberalism is a political and moral philosophy based on liberty, consent of the governed and equality before the law. Liberals espouse a wide array of views depending on their understanding of these principles, but they generally support free markets, free trade, limited government, individual rights (including civil rights and human rights), capitalism, democracy, secularism, gender equality, racial equality, internationalism, freedom of speech, freedom of the press and freedom of religion.

Do let us know which of the ideas below you disagree with, and if you may, let us know your own understanding of liberalism.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 2:58pm On Aug 10, 2020
fieryy:

Me too, fieryy, though I then forced myself to go back and read to the end, and what I found was little knowledge of the terms used and confused thinking such that a response would be a waste of my time. I might go back and treat parts of it though, but we'll see.

In the meantime, here's a little, it seems, unknown aspect of what makes Israel great.

A kibbutz ("gathering, clustering"; plural: kibbutzim) is a collective community in Israel that was traditionally based on agriculture. The first kibbutz, established in 1909, was Degania. Today, farming has been partly supplanted by other economic branches, including industrial plants and high-tech enterprises. Kibbutzim began as utopian communities, a combination of socialism and Zionism.

If they did not commune together, they'll be working in isolation and be easily picked off, as one will note by how we are divided and conquered in Nigeria, and it was actually this communing together that Weimar Germany feared that made them commune together and slaughter Jews enmasse.

There is great strength in togetherness. There is synergy in numbers. Spirituality and selfishness cannot coexist, so we should help others to stand along with us. Spirituality implies sharing: our goodness, knowledge, wealth and happiness.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 3:04pm On Aug 10, 2020
basilico:

Im sure had Clinton won , the republicans would have moved on , allowed her on without bothering 24/7 planning schemes to get rid of her.
Really? Like the republicans moved on and supported her husband, and as they moved on and supported Obama, both Democrat Presidents we all know the Republicans hounded and hounded and hounded and hounded?

Do tell, were you born after trump was elected and therefore have no knowledge of the past, or are you just intentionally presenting alternative facts hoping we are all too liberally ignorant to know the truth?

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Goodvibes007: 3:12pm On Aug 10, 2020
zendi:

[s]Some days ago I heard that Grammar was also racist.

[/s]

Basically, a 10,000 word paper is reduced to one tweet, as Breitbart (far right junk) has done here, it is therefore bound to be misunderstood (which was most likely Breitbart’s intent). So anyone interested in finding out the full context of this one tweet can start with Laurie Rubel’s twitter feed:

https://twitter.com/Laurie_Rubel 4

The one tweet cited by Breitbart was on Aug. 3, so you have to scroll down quite a ways to find it. But scrolling back up the feed you will see many other tweets from others, and from her that might clarify the meaning. But the real start of this twitter debate is the paper she published:

https://www.tandfonline.com/eprint/VP9RAXJTEDRAEWQBRZZV/full?target=10.1080%2F10986065.2020.1709938&3

which was published in January of this year.

You see why you have to be careful with reading far right or far left article.
When I first googled it to find the original source, What mostly came up were other White supremacists websites like stormfront and many others similar white supremacists sites jumping on the Breitbart news like ants to sugar. Breitbart appeals to low IQ individuals. Their exact intent.

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 3:23pm On Aug 10, 2020
budaatum:

Your lack of knowledge just shows you definitely do not think for yourself, and while we can direct you to water, the assuaging of your thirst is entirely up to you. How can we know why you call liberalism a mental illness when you've shown absolutely no knowledge at all that you even know what liberalism is?

Liberalism is a political and moral philosophy based on liberty, consent of the governed and equality before the law. Liberals espouse a wide array of views depending on their understanding of these principles, but theyp generally support free markets, free trade, limited government, individual rights (including civil rights and human rights), capitalism, democracy, secularism, gender equality, racial equality, internationalism, freedom of speech, freedom of the press and freedom of religion.

Do let us know which of the ideas below you disagree with, and if you may, let us know your own understanding of liberalism.

Media is liberal , specifically main stream media. Freedom of speech? No to them you wait for their interpretation or they cancel you. They limit what you need to know by not covering it or lying about it or twisting free speech.
Human Rights. Liberal pushing this too far and for a specific objective. Does the media tall about how awful Mauritanians are treated, or the chinese, or Cubans or Venezuela when the narrative does not favour them?
Gender equality. How many liberals are saying men can have children? Gender surgery does not make you change your biological gender. There are people with disorders but a man a man is a man .ditto women. Oppose this and get cancelled.
Do liberals believe in traditional family values A man wife and children ?
Liberals will say Im outdated, we have seen how liberals inserted themselves in societies they knew nothing about with an all knowing attitude and left those societies in a mess.

Or have present days liberals developed new dogmas of liberalism or do they have another agenda?
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Goodvibes007: 3:31pm On Aug 10, 2020
basilico:

1. Media is liberal , specifically main stream media. Freedom of speech? No to them you wait for their interpretation or they cancel you. They limit what you need to know by not covering it or lying about it or twisting free speech.
Human Rights. Liberal pushing this too far and for a specific objective. Does the media tall about how awful Mauritanians are treated, or the chinese, or Cubans or Venezuela when the narrative does not favour them?
Gender equality. How many liberals are saying men can have children? Gender surgery does not make you change your biological gender. There are people with disorders but a man a man is a man .ditto women. Oppose this and get cancelled.
2. Do liberals believe in traditional family values A man wife and children ?
Liberals will say Im outdated, we have seen how liberals inserted themselves in societies they knew nothing about with an all knowing attitude and left those societies in a mess.

Or have present days liberals developed new dogmas of liberalism or do they have another agenda?
More lies.
CBS called Trump out for lying. CBS is neutral, but to Trumptards, they are liberal because they are not sucking up to Trump or helping him propagate his lies to very low IQ individuals.

At the second bolded, are you for real? So Trump's adulterous lifestyle is the ideal person to follow for traditional family values. Have you compared Trump's to Trudeau (Liberal) traditional family values?
You can add Stormy Daniels to Trump's list below not to mention the numerous number of women calling him out for sexual harrassment. Mr grabdembythepvssy.

(1) (2) (3) ... (813) (814) (815) (816) (817) (818) (819) ... (4136) (Reply)

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 177
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.