Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,225 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:51 AM

American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! - Foreign Affairs (2131) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! (1579690 Views)

American Politics For Republicans And Lovers Of Truth And Reason / President Bolsonaro Imported The Devilish American Politics To Brazil(photos) / What Does A Biden Presidency Have To Offer Us-africa Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2128) (2129) (2130) (2131) (2132) (2133) (2134) ... (4130) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by salford1: 7:29pm On Apr 07, 2021
Konkoja:

Please, a bit of education will not do you any harm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxZddS0BJvw
Thanks for this excellent video. Some snip from it.
Apparently, one can vote in CO without ID and also 99% of votes are by mail..

You are trying to reason with a trumptard though. They eat, sleep and breath conspiracy theories. They are only pushing the former guy's lie about cheating. Most of the trumptards here also have mucus in place of the brain. No point wasting time with them. They are not redeemable.

The only person that's a true republican, but not a trumptard on here is Ram.

4 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Konkoja: 7:31pm On Apr 07, 2021
benalvino2:

thank you but propaganda is not education.

All voters who vote at the polls must provide identification. If you are voting by mail for the first time, you may also need to provide a photocopy of your identification when you return your mail ballot.
https://www.sos.state.co.us/pubs/elections/vote/acceptableFormsOfID.html

It's really, really tiring and boring with the narrative on ID. Firstly, do you agree to be on the voters register, you must be eligible to vote? In which case, your ID has already been verified?
The context with Georgia is on the basis of outcome of 2020 election conducted by Republicans. If there were fraud to warrant changes to electoral law, why have they not been able to prosecute offenders? It was based on lies and to limit access to election for certain categories of their electorate. The more these categories vote, the lower the chances of Republicans winning - it's that simple.
Where I live, some people will produce passport, driving licence, utility bills etc if required, to vote. Whereas, some others will never be able to provide any of the above - it is what it is. That is why government go out of their way to register people to vote - to increase participation.

I have been voting in the UK for more than 15 years and have NEVER been asked of ID to vote. In fact, you are not even asked your voters card. This is because, ones identity has been verified through many government records to get on voters register. In summary, burden for people to exercise their fundamental human rights such as voting is for responsible government to lessen, not to increase.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by sanpipita(m): 7:33pm On Apr 07, 2021
budaatum:

Oh, they know. Or at least, those who control them know and want to manipulate them to rig the next elections but see how it's all blowing up in their face already.

Next years gubernatorial elections in Georgia will be the most watched elections ever held in America and I can bet you those gops are going to lose.

Ya Republicans have succeeded in putting all attention on Georgia, the condemnation of new electoral laws totally shocked them.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Konkoja: 7:35pm On Apr 07, 2021
salford1:

Thanks for this excellent video. Some snip from it.
Apparently, one can vote in CO without ID and also 99% of votes are by mail..

You are trying to reason with a trumptard though. They eat, sleep and breath conspiracy theories. Most of the trumptards here also have mucus in place of the brain. The only person that's a true republican, but not a trumptard on here is Ram.

Thanks, it's just difficult at times to overlook naked or willful ignorance.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by salford1: 7:36pm On Apr 07, 2021
sanpipita:

Ya Republicans have succeeded in putting all attention on Georgia, the condemnation of new electoral laws totally shocked them.
In 2021, people should be given easier access to vote not the other way round; hence, the backfire..

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 7:37pm On Apr 07, 2021
benalvino2:
basilico this is what they are reducing us to. They think we are weak, dumb and lazy.

https://twitter.com/philllosoraptor/status/1379575711053328386?s=19

Actually, they've reduced you to thinking Democrats win in Georgia because of black votes. Hard for you to imagine white voters turning their back on gQp.

4 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by salford1: 7:48pm On Apr 07, 2021
budaatum:

Oh, they know. Or at least, those who control them know and want to manipulate them to rig the next elections but see how it's all blowing up in their face already.

Next years gubernatorial elections in Georgia will be the most watched elections ever held in America and I can bet you those gops are going to lose.
Amen to that.

Turn out is going to me massive.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by benalvino2(m): 8:26pm On Apr 07, 2021
Konkoja:

It's really, really tiring and boring with the narrative on ID. Firstly, do you agree to be on the voters register, you must be eligible to vote? In which case, your ID has already been verified?
The context with Georgia is on the basis of outcome of 2020 election conducted by Republicans. If there were fraud to warrant changes to electoral law, why have they not been able to prosecute offenders? It was based on lies and to limit access to election for certain categories of their electorate. The more these categories vote, the lower the chances of Republicans winning - it's that simple.
Where I live, some people will produce passport, driving licence, utility bills etc if required, to vote. Whereas, some others will never be able to provide any of the above - it is what it is. That is why government go out of their way to register people to vote - to increase participation.

I have been voting in the UK for more than 15 years and have NEVER been asked of ID to vote. In fact, you are not even asked your voters card. This is because, ones identity has been verified through many government records to get on voters register. In summary, burden for people to exercise their fundamental human rights such as voting is for responsible government to lessen, not to increase.

do you agree to be on the voters register, you must be eligible to vote?
I agree. you must be verified to be on the voters register.
But do you agree there is a thing called Identity theft? which means the legitimate person may register to vote but someone may claim to be him. hence Colorado All voters who vote at the polls must provide identification

this does not make sense
In which case, your ID has already been verified?
your Id was verified while you are registering. voting is another event. just like your ID was verified while you are opening a bank account but withdrawing money with a check will need another verification.

the ongoing cases you don't know but wait for it.

It was based on lies and to limit access to election for certain categories of their electorate.
if it is limiting access as you say state the specific law that limits the access from the legislative bill not from you friends at cnn.

Where you live is irrelevant. this is the US we are talking about. But if i should respond to where you live, i will assume it is the UK. that is one of the country i have lived and from 2023 all voters must provide ID to prevent potential fraud. it is common sense. with illegal migration issues all around us only the democrats are trying to remove security that protects election while other countries are adding.

We have recently published world-leading proposals to make political campaigning online more transparent for voters; a draft Bill to repeal the Fixed-term Parliaments Act; and will introduce voter ID at polling stations to protect our elections from potential fraud.
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/new-law-passed-will-make-voting-in-uk-general-election-fairer

This is because, ones identity has been verified through many government records to get on voters register. In summary, burden for people to exercise their fundamental human rights such as voting is for responsible government to lessen, not to increase.

here you are saying ID increase burden. well it reduces fraud too. point is the UK is implementing and Colorado has it. you do not complain about colorado only Georgia. WHY?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Konkoja: 8:32pm On Apr 07, 2021
benalvino2:

I agree. you must be verified to be on the voters register.
But do you agree there is a thing called Identity theft? which means the legitimate person may register to vote but someone may claim to be him. hence Colorado All voters who vote at the polls must provide identification

this does not make sense
your Id was verified while you are registering. voting is another event. just like your ID was verified while you are opening a bank account but withdrawing money with a check will need another verification.

the ongoing cases you don't know but wait for it.

if it is limiting access as you say state the specific law that limits the access from the legislative bill not from you friends at cnn.

Where you live is irrelevant. this is the US we are talking about. But if i should respond to where you live, i will assume it is the UK. that is one of the country i have lived and from 2023 all voters must provide ID to prevent potential fraud. it is common sense. with illegal migration issues all around us only the democrats are trying to remove security that protects election while other countries are adding.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/new-law-passed-will-make-voting-in-uk-general-election-fairer

here you are saying ID increase burden. well it reduces fraud too. point is the UK is implementing and Colorado has it. you do not complain about colorado only Georgia. WHY?

Well, I can only try!

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by benalvino2(m): 8:41pm On Apr 07, 2021
@ Konkoja

about court cases
80 court cases based on the 2020 election to date
28 of those cases the plaintiff includes trump
48 the plaintiff does not include Trump
Trump is the defendant In 4 of those cases
based on merits 21 of those cases has been decided
out of the 21 trump has won 14
25 cases are still active

http://wiseenergy.org/Energy/Election/2020_Election_Cases.htm

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 8:47pm On Apr 07, 2021
benalvino2:
i will assume it is the UK. that is one of the country i have lived and from 2023 all voters must provide ID to prevent potential fraud.

angry angry

You may have lived in UK but you've obviously forgotten how things work there, because as recently as March Boris Johnson’s government is expected to introduce a bill in the spring to make photo ID mandatory from 2023 for all UK-wide and English elections, after which it will need to pass a first and second reading and receive assent in the House of Lords before being presented to be signed into law by the Queen, but not bill yet!

4 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by benalvino2(m): 8:54pm On Apr 07, 2021
budaatum:

angry angry

You may have lived in UK but you've obviously forgotten how things work there, because as recently as March Boris Johnson’s government is expected to introduce a bill in the spring to make photo ID mandatory from 2023 for all UK-wide and English elections, after which it will need to pass a first and second reading and receive assent in the House of Lords before being presented to be signed into law by the Queen, but not bill yet!

whats the point of even posting this?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 9:07pm On Apr 07, 2021
benalvino2:

whats the point of even posting this?

I am of the view that if one lies in the small things one must suspect them in all things and at least check.

Be corrected, is the point. There is no law that says id must be presented to vote in UK now nor in 2023 yet, and there may never be one unless a bill passes parliament.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by benalvino2(m): 9:54pm On Apr 07, 2021
budaatum:

I am of the view that if one lies in the small things one must suspect them in all things and at least check.

Be corrected, is the point. There is no law that says id must be presented to vote in UK now nor in 2023 yet, and there may never be one unless a bill passes parliament.

you are correcting yourself then because you must have missed this

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 10:05pm On Apr 07, 2021
benalvino2:

you are correcting yourself then because you must have missed this .

If you don't understand the process of law making in UK just say so so you can be taught, otherwise you are simply passing off lies!

UK is not implementing id in 2023 unless a bill is presented to parliament and it passes into law by majority vote, and there's no bill yet.

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Konkoja: 10:06pm On Apr 07, 2021
benalvino2:
@ Konkoja

about court cases
80 court cases based on the 2020 election to date
28 of those cases the plaintiff includes trump
48 the plaintiff does not include Trump
Trump is the defendant In 4 of those cases
based on merits 21 of those cases has been decided
out of the 21 trump has won 14
25 cases are still active

http://wiseenergy.org/Energy/Election/2020_Election_Cases.htm

From the link you posted, I counted about 10 cases in relation to Georgia and they were all thrown out or withdrawn - correct me if I am wrong.

So, where is the the fraud in Georgia to warrant electoral law changes?

Why was the law OK for 2020 election by the same party but not good enough anymore?

At the end of the day, it's all politics and trying to justify it by imaginary fraud is exasperating.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 10:44pm On Apr 07, 2021
Konkoja:

At the end of the day, it's all politics and trying to justify it by imaginary fraud is exasperating.
That's their plan it seems. Exasperate with lies and alternative facts hoping we would be too lazy to check.

I guess they think we are them, lol.

4 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by benalvino2(m): 11:01pm On Apr 07, 2021
budaatum:

If you don't understand the process of law making in UK just say so so you can be taught, otherwise you are simply passing off lies!

UK is not implementing id in 2023 unless a bill is presented to parliament and it passes into law by majority vote, and there's no bill yet.

the bolded is you acting like you know more than Gov.uk keep arguing with yourself or shift the goal post.

already you cannot vote without ID in local elections
but since you know too much.
again i said they the Uk is implementing <= this means it is an ongoing process expected to be active in 2023
"Voters set to have to take ID to polls for UK elections from 2023 under new laws"
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/politics/14074623/voter-id-2023-new-law/

you can say i don't know how the process works but i doubt you know any better. the fact that you are arguing with the GOV.UK says alot.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by obixcel(m): 11:07pm On Apr 07, 2021
DHS to resume Border wall construction in order close some "gaps" grin grin
They mean they want to complete Trump's wall? I thought Biden, on day one, stopped it?

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Weregonnalose: 11:12pm On Apr 07, 2021
budaatum:

You are begining to look like Jack of all trades Master of none.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by salford1: 11:14pm On Apr 07, 2021
budaatum:

That's their plan it seems. Exasperate with lies and alternative facts hoping we would be too lazy to check.

I guess they think we are them, lol.
I checked too and the ones that were passed were mostly just to allow audit in some states. It would end up in zero as usual. Just waste of tax payers money in those poor states.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by salford1: 11:16pm On Apr 07, 2021
budaatum:

A bill that won't likely get passed. Just another waste of time and money.

He tried to deceive by saying "must" as if the law had passed. Shows how dubious these lots are. Lieing through the teeth to pass a point. Not different from the court stuffs he posted cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 11:21pm On Apr 07, 2021
Do you see how you posted the link to the sun and not to Gov.uk? That alone shows how little you know!

benalvino2:

the bolded is you acting like you know more than Gov.uk keep arguing with yourself or shift the goal post.

already you cannot vote without ID in local elections but since you know too much.
again i said they the Uk is implementing <= this means it is an ongoing process expected to be active in 2023
"Voters set to have to take ID to polls for UK elections from 2023 under new laws"

you can say i don't know how the process works but i doubt you know any better. the fact that you are arguing with the GOV.UK says alot.

If the English is your problem look up the meaning in a dictionary please! The UK is not implementing what has not yet become law. There is no bill before parliament yet so there can not yet be a law to implement!

And the following is from https://www.gov.uk/how-to-vote

ID you need to bring
If you live in England, Wales or Scotland you do not need to bring any identification to vote.

You do not have to take your poll card with you

You will need to show photo ID to vote in Northern Ireland (your passport, driving licence, Electoral Identity Card or certain kinds of Translink Smartpass).

But I am certain you were not talking about NI.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/13362553_screenshot20210407030523_jpeg8652addc11e4fa17b2265fe7014d9a4a

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 11:25pm On Apr 07, 2021
salford1:

A bill that won't likely get passed. Just another waste of time and money.

He tried to deceive by saying "must" as if the law had passed. Shows how dubious these lots are. Not different from the court stuffs he posted cheesy

Perhaps he can't understand English, or just being like their lying deceiver in chief, hoping we don't know their sort.

When there is a bill, I bet it allows me to vote by email or at least on an app online.

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by salford1: 11:30pm On Apr 07, 2021
In the news, Patagonia is now part of the deep state:

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by PrideofLincoln1(m): 11:30pm On Apr 07, 2021
budaatum:

Perhaps he can't understand English, or just being like their lying deceiver in chief, hoping we don't know their sort.

When there is a bill, I bet it allows me to vote by email or at least on an app online.
That guy said he used to live in Britain and he's so ill informed about the electoral process. No need arguing with these Trump supporters. They are like Trump in the sense that they believe in alternate truth.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Konkoja: 11:31pm On Apr 07, 2021
benalvino2:

already you cannot vote without ID in local elections
but since you know too much.

Mr Benalvino2, it will really be good for you to thoroughly read, understand and contextualise content of links you post.

The link you posted is on a new law regarding constituencies, borders etc. What you thought was passed into law hasn't been presented to Parliament yet. Quote directly from the link:

"We have recently published world-leading proposals to make political campaigning online more transparent for voters; a draft Bill to repeal the Fixed-term Parliaments Act; and will introduce voter ID at polling stations to protect our elections from potential fraud".

So, come back to discuss that when it becomes a law and what would constitute voter ID.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by salford1: 11:35pm On Apr 07, 2021
PrideofLincoln1:
That guy said he used to live in Britain and he's so ill informed about the electoral process. No need arguing with these Trump supporters. They are like Trump in the sense that they believe in alternate truth.
Probably lived as a student or on a visit visa so we could give him some breathing space. I schooled in the UK too, but I don't admit to know anything about their electoral process except that country is one of the most liberal I have lived in. Canada which they call a socialist utopia cant even hold a candle to Britain.. I don't even know that of Nigeria too; hence, I can't talk about Nigeria's electoral process.

4 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by PrideofLincoln1(m): 11:35pm On Apr 07, 2021
salford1:
In the news, Patagonia is now part of the deep state:
What these guys don't realize is that as we speak, the Georgia debacle is having effect already because the Black, Hispanic and well meaning White Churches are gearing up for massive registrations unseen in Georgian history for the 2022 Gubernatorial election that was barely worn by the Republican Governor Kemp. They can spout all kind of junks they want to on Nairaland but the reality is that Georgians will decide if they want to live under Jim Crow or not and I can bet my last Buck that they will refuse Jim Crowism in the native State of Dr Martin Luther King Jnr.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by PrideofLincoln1(m): 11:38pm On Apr 07, 2021
salford1:

Probably lived as a student or on a visit visa so we could give him some breathing space. I schooled in the UK too, but I don't admit to know anything about their electoral process except that country is one of the most liberal I have lived in. Canada which they call a socialist utopia cant even hold a candle to Britain.. I don't even know that of Nigeria too; hence, I can't talk about Nigeria's electoral process.
I can understand him not knowing the electoral process in Britain but he's still stuck on his alternate facts quoting from Daily Sun which is a Right Wing Tissue Paper owned by Rupert Murdoch'l. They are just like Trump trying to pass a lie as the truth.

4 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Ibime(m): 11:47pm On Apr 07, 2021
I don't know why people like discussing with these batshït crazy ethno-religious bigots on this thread.

Like I said, Trumpanzees are the most despicable creatures on God's green earth. There is nothing to be discussed with them, except to treat them with the same contempt reserved for cockroaches.

7 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Ibime(m): 11:50pm On Apr 07, 2021
Finally we don't have a mad reality TV star in the Whitehouse tweeting rubbish at 3am which some slowpokes seem to think is acceptable Presidential behaviour

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (2128) (2129) (2130) (2131) (2132) (2133) (2134) ... (4130) (Reply)

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread

Viewing this topic: bemeruca and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.