Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,997 members, 7,835,344 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:59 AM

Mating An Exotic Breed With Mongrel; Is It Right? - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Mating An Exotic Breed With Mongrel; Is It Right? (1412 Views)

Life Of Costa (diary Of A Nigerian Mongrel Dog) / Diary Of My Nigerian Mongrel Dog / Diary Of Jay-B: Gsd/Rott & Mongrel Mixed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mating An Exotic Breed With Mongrel; Is It Right? by chukskafor(m): 9:16pm On May 17, 2018
Hello petlanderds, i am a lover of pet ranging from the fluffy(birds) friends to dogs; i got a bitch, mongrel though which i intend to mate with either of a dobberman or a gsd but hope i'm not violating any law that regard procreation here.
Originally, mongrels (local dogs) are allowed to breed freely but mine was raised exclusively the same way that the hybrids are raised.
Advice from reputable pips please; thanking you in advance
Re: Mating An Exotic Breed With Mongrel; Is It Right? by meobizy(f): 10:01pm On May 17, 2018
I see no problem here.
Mongrels survive better in our environment. I watched somewhere it was stated pure breeds are disadvantaged in many ways. It's the reason ekukes hardly fall ill while foreign breeds die from the hot environment alone.
You didn't tell us what your end-goal was or are you experimenting for fun? Just know a lot of people will not buy from your litter unless you sell them for cheap.
Re: Mating An Exotic Breed With Mongrel; Is It Right? by Oluwafreshing(m): 10:25am On May 18, 2018
Please don't do it

1 Like

Re: Mating An Exotic Breed With Mongrel; Is It Right? by mebad(m): 10:40am On May 18, 2018
Out of curiosity , what are you aiming to create by contaminating breeds?

chukskafor:
Hello petlanderds, i am a lover of pet ranging from the fluffy(birds) friends to dogs; i got a bitch, mongrel though which i intend to mate with either of a dobberman or a gsd but hope i'm not violating any law that regard procreation here.
Originally, mongrels (local dogs) are allowed to breed freely but mine was raised exclusively the same way that the hybrids are raised.
Advice from reputable pips please; thanking you in advance
Re: Mating An Exotic Breed With Mongrel; Is It Right? by Baroba(m): 12:28pm On May 18, 2018
To what end? Create more mongrels.. undecided
Re: Mating An Exotic Breed With Mongrel; Is It Right? by Nobody: 12:53am On May 20, 2018
I'm no expert but...I really wonder about some of the "mixes".
I wouldn't make it a habit to cross-breed.
I'm not even speaking from a superficial viewpoint...although some mixes produce frightening looking animals with all due respect.
However, some dogs are prone to certain illnesses than others...and could cause a huge problem by mixing breeds with similar issues.
It's kind a like how Nigerians do the testing for the AS, SS, and other possible genetic traits that they may want to avoid.
That's just my two cents...
Re: Mating An Exotic Breed With Mongrel; Is It Right? by adrianastepheny(f): 5:17am On May 20, 2018
Though I am not expert I think you are not violating any law that regards procreation here. Thanks. smiley smiley
Re: Mating An Exotic Breed With Mongrel; Is It Right? by Hound123: 8:46am On May 20, 2018
Go ahead bro i bet the pups will be great and also strong genetically,at what month did she come in heat bro.
Re: Mating An Exotic Breed With Mongrel; Is It Right? by Nobody: 5:23pm On May 28, 2018
You said you want to mate your mongrel with gsd or doberman ba? Go ahead and do it, I swear to God the puppies will come out very beautiful.

1 Like

Re: Mating An Exotic Breed With Mongrel; Is It Right? by davillian(m): 7:44pm On May 28, 2018
Do your research and cross your dog.
We Africans look down on yourself
If a white man cross our local dog with one of thier own we would be paying premium for it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mating An Exotic Breed With Mongrel; Is It Right? by Hound123: 12:46pm On May 29, 2018
TRUE TALK

(1) (Reply)

Rottweiler Fights Dog To Save Boy / Alsatian Puppies For Sale At Affordable Prices / 2yr + Female Caucasian For Quick Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.