Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,324 members, 7,860,780 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 04:15 PM

Who Governs You? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Governs You? (688 Views)

The Altar(the Cross) Governs Everything (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Who Governs You? by PastorAde: 9:41am On May 25, 2010
[center]Who Governs You?[/center]

Thus says the Lord, The heaven is My throne; and the earth is My footstool (Isaiah 66:1a)

Your kingdom shall be sure to you, after that you shall have known that the heavens do rule (Daniel 4: 26b, emphasis added).

For unto us a Child is born,, unto us a Son is given: and the government shall be upon His shoulder: and His name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The Mighty God, The Everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. Of the increase of His government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and justice from hereafter even for ever. The zeal of the Lord of Hosts will perform this (Isaiah 9: 6-7, emphasis added).

The first man is of the earth, earthy; the second man is the Lord from heaven (1 Corinthians 15: 47, emphasis added).

Giving thanks to the Father, which has made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light: Who has delivered us from the power of darkness, and has translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son: In whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of our sins (Colossians 1: 12 -14, emphasis added).

For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God (Romans 8:14).

The heaven is the throne of God, and the earth is His footstool. God governs the earth from His throne in heaven. He is therefore the Governor over the whole earth, because it is the heavens that do rule.

In order for God to extend His kingdom over the earth, He created and appointed the first man Adam to be His representative, and to have dominion over the earth (Genesis 1: 26). Adam was therefore ruling over the earth, but under the Governor of heaven and earth (God). Adam was governed from the kingdom of heaven, and as long as he obeyed the commands of God, he prospered. But there came a time when Lucifer (satan), one of God’s angels fell from heaven through pride. After his fall, he went into the Garden of Eden as a serpent to deceive Eve, Adam’s wife, to eat of the forbidden fruit God had earlier commanded Adam not to eat. Eve ate of the fruit and gave Adam of the same. Due to Adam’s disobedience to God’s commandment, he was driven out of the Garden of Eden. Having committed treason against the heavenly government, Adam lost his power and authority which he delivered to satan (see Luke 4: 6). But God had a solution.

The solution God had was to send the second Adam, i.e. Jesus Christ from heaven to earth to deliver the whole world from the power of darkness into the kingdom of God. This, He did by dying for the whole world on the cross of Calvary for our sins which we all inherited from Adam. As many as believe in Jesus will not perish, but have everlasting life. As many as believe in Jesus will be delivered from the kingdom and dominion of satan into the kingdom of God. It is either you are being governed by God or satan. There is no middle ground. You can only have redemption and salvation through the blood of Jesus Christ whom God sent to bring His kingdom to the earth. Will you allow God to govern your life from henceforth? Will you be saved and redeemed by the blood of Jesus? If yes, pray this prayer out loud: Lord Jesus, come into my heart, wash away my sins. I confess you as my Lord and Savior in Jesus’ Name, Amen.

For prayers and counseling: write, call or e-mail: Prevailing Word & Prayer Ministries Inc. P.O. Box 11875, Garki, Abuja, Nigeria. Tel. 2348033155417. E-mail: josey500@yahoo.com.

(1) (Reply)

A Testimony : Then The Man Said To Her, "christ Coming Is Very Very Very Close! / Who My God Is / Humanity's First Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.