Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,992 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:27 AM

Can She Visit Me? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can She Visit Me? (1869 Views)

Met Her Today And She Is Willing To Visit Me Tomorrow. Is She Worth It? / She Comes To Visit Me On Her Period / She Came With Her Cousin From Another State To Visit Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can She Visit Me? by kellysopy(m): 12:03pm On May 25, 2010
There is this my girl friend I had though a platonic one while in school, we were very close to the extent that we could even sleep together in the same room without any show. Her parents and siblings know me too well, in fact, I even visit and spend weekends in her family house in Ibadan. Currently, I am married to another girl that we met during our service year and we recently moved to Ibadan from Lagos as a result of my transfer.

That my old friend now wants to visit me in my house to see my wife and probably have a chat with her and my wife is objecting to it. Is my wife not taking things too far? Is anything wrong if she visit? Your advice please.
Re: Can She Visit Me? by sesman(m): 12:06pm On May 25, 2010
There is absolutely nothing wrong with it,
Re: Can She Visit Me? by kellysopy(m): 12:15pm On May 25, 2010
When I met my wife I told her about our friendship. Recently, we met at a fast food joint and she was bitter that I don't want to let her know my wife and my home, I was forced to give her my address which I announced to my wife when I got home only for her to object to her probable visit. Do I now tell her not to visit as I cant retrieve back the address.
Re: Can She Visit Me? by candylips(m): 12:21pm On May 25, 2010
i don't understand
Re: Can She Visit Me? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 12:39pm On May 25, 2010
[size=13pt]you don't always understand my man. . . . grin grin . ok , try and read through the body of the thread and find out why it was created . wink[/size]
candylips:

i don't understand
Re: Can She Visit Me? by 190: 12:47pm On May 25, 2010
women!

womenn~~

womennn!~!

how many tymes did i say that~ angry
Re: Can She Visit Me? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 12:50pm On May 25, 2010
[size=13pt]are you fighting with your wife. . . .? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy . this one you're squeezing your face as if there's no tomorrow and screaming '' woman . . . .woman. . . .woman '' hope we're safe in here . grin grin wink [/size]
Re: Can She Visit Me? by kellysopy(m): 1:05pm On May 25, 2010
I discussed this with a colleague of mine and he advised that I should not allow her visit in order not to cause conflict in my home. but how do I tell her?
Re: Can She Visit Me? by 190: 1:08pm On May 25, 2010
kellysopy:

I discussed this with a colleague of mine and he advised that I should not allow her visit in order not to cause conflict in my home. but how do I tell her?

simple tell am say ur wife no wan see am~
therz nothin she wud do but 2 bail~

and u ogaga4hate
u nor go leave me alone abi?
Oya bring your nyash come here
i wan check sometin!
grin grin
Re: Can She Visit Me? by blackracle(m): 1:15pm On May 25, 2010
Mr Oga, let me advise well, don't allow her to come 2 ur crib so u don't destroy ur home.
Some old feelings might come up while hanging out with her which could spark up some reaction,
Use ur head man, unless u wanna use ur willy,
Re: Can She Visit Me? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 1:19pm On May 25, 2010
[size=13pt]Prove your LOVE to her dear. . . .don't allow anyone to put sand in your garri ooo . i've told you shaa. smiley smiley wink[/size]
kellysopy:

Re: Can She Visit Me? by daylae(m): 1:36pm On May 25, 2010
U just have to tell her your wife is not pleased with the idea of visiting your home,she'll have to understand. Your wife must have put herself in her shoe to know that she won't let go just like that,but some wouldn't see her visit as a threat. Hey,but this is your wife. . . Is that your said friend married now?
Re: Can She Visit Me? by kellysopy(m): 3:19pm On May 25, 2010
@daylae, she's married but,
Re: Can She Visit Me? by Travelista(f): 3:45pm On May 25, 2010
If your friend doesn't understand or RESPECT your wife's feelings, then her intentions aren't straight. I can't demand to enter a married male friend's home if the wife isn't comfortable; to do so means that I don't respect myself, my friend, his marriage and definitely not his wife. Tell your platonic friend to kick rocks. If she insists, then ask yourself: who is your spouse? Your marriage trumps (or should trump) your friendship with this female.
Re: Can She Visit Me? by Demdem(m): 6:44pm On May 25, 2010
kellysopy:

Why BUT Anyway, i will advise u not to allow her to come sha.
Re: Can She Visit Me? by richard69(m): 6:54pm On May 25, 2010
Bleep your wife, tell the old friend to come visit
Re: Can She Visit Me? by Africanqueen2(f): 7:01pm On May 25, 2010
kellysopy:

There is this my girl friend I had though a platonic one while in school, we were very close to the extent that we could even sleep together in the same room without any show. Her parents and siblings know me too well, in fact, I even visit and spend weekends in her family house in Ibadan. Currently, I am married to another girl that we met during our service year and we recently moved to Ibadan from Lagos as a result of my transfer.

That my old friend now wants to visit me in my house to see my wife and probably have a chat with her and my wife is objecting to it. Is my wife not taking things too far? Is anything wrong if she visit? Your advice please.

One question: how would u feel if it is ur wife that is doing exactly what you re doing?
Re: Can She Visit Me? by tunnytox(m): 7:14pm On May 25, 2010
Your wife is just simply jealous and insecure. This is a long time friend and you claim you've never had anything intimate so what's the problem? If its your ex coming to visit you i'll understand your wife's action but with this one Abeg tell am make she free herself.
Re: Can She Visit Me? by TMoni1(m): 3:01pm On May 26, 2010
I tell you, if you give a woman a step she will take a mile.

You need to be in charge, she is your guest and your wife should not be telling you who should visit(if youre sure there is nothing o).

if she just your old time friend, tell your wife shes coming to visit. PERIOD!!!
Re: Can She Visit Me? by Travelista(f): 3:55pm On May 26, 2010
OP: Be careful. If the girl wants to meet your wife, your wife has the right to refuse to such a meeting. Just because she's your friend, doesn't mean she can dictate what occurs in another woman's home. Again, be careful. Don't let being a man get in the way of you protecting your marriage; prevention is always better than the cure. If your friend insists on entering your house and forcing her 'friendship' up the wife, then you should know that her intentions are not pure. Seriously, be wise.
Re: Can She Visit Me? by petebor02(m): 4:05pm On May 26, 2010
u are right, good advice. but,'' woman's home. ''?
Re: Can She Visit Me? by GhanaGal: 4:12pm On May 26, 2010
if ur wife does not agree wit it, den 4get it. y do people make things more complicated than it is?
Re: Can She Visit Me? by GhanaGal: 4:17pm On May 26, 2010
n y is diz friend of urs so curious 2 av a word wit ur wife, i dont think her intentions r gud. n hey, don't 4get she's ur wife.
Re: Can She Visit Me? by Toppytee(m): 6:55pm On May 26, 2010
@poster,in as much as she is ur friend.Conveying such message to her shouldnt be a big deal,at least we guys get real wit platonic girlfriends.Just tel her ur wife reaction to her coming was clumsy.She wil undastand afterall she is also a woman.I dont blame ur wife she is only protecting wat she values most especially when ur suppose friend's marriage has a BUT.
Re: Can She Visit Me? by simpleseyi: 7:18pm On May 26, 2010
Can your wife too bring her old boyfriend home? If yes, then go ahead and bring your old girlfriend home while your wife too bring her old boyfriend to spend the night on your bed.

You are a very very bad person. You want to hurt your wife in order to please your old girlfriend. You will not appreciate peace until you see war.

GOODLUCK
Re: Can She Visit Me? by boomii(f): 7:43pm On May 26, 2010
Tell her not to come,if she is a true friend I'm sure she will understand except if she wants pepper to be poured on her face grin grin grin
Re: Can She Visit Me? by SALady(f): 8:17am On May 27, 2010
kellysopy:

emboldment unfinished story we want more. Will you be visiting her husband house soon? Anyway why insist that she comes if your wife objects it? What have you got to loose or gain if she comes or doesnt come? think carefully.

We understand she's only a friend but protect your wife's interest and territory in this regard, because when the friend leaves the only thing you may be left with is a lot of work on damage control.
Re: Can She Visit Me? by kellysopy(m): 9:45am On May 27, 2010
My wife insisted that if she must visit, she must do so with her husband, this she knows is not possible as her husband is not in Nigeria.

From my understanding of most posts, no lady must visit me in my house even if it's a colleague in the office except related by blood. na wa ooo! am still new in this game of marriage.
Re: Can She Visit Me? by Nobody: 9:49am On May 27, 2010
What's the big deal about a visist?

Na wa oh, these are some of the things that scare me about marriage. So if I get married now, my male friends won't visit me anymore    undecided

" Poster:

If your sife is not comfortable with it, no need to cause any trouble! Just tell her how your wife feels about her visit and I'm sure she won't want to come anymore!
Re: Can She Visit Me? by SALady(f): 10:53am On May 27, 2010
@Kellysopy, your friend probably means a lot to you and you are obviously very fond of her. There's no reason to cut the friendship over this. What you need to do is to get the two ladies acquainted in a very creative way, e.g if you share common friends have get together's or be at parties at other friends places that way it will all gradually fall into place. You'll be surprised they are already best friends that havent met yet.

If they dont get along well you and your friend will have to make peace at the loss and dont force matters. Family comes first
Re: Can She Visit Me? by kellysopy(m): 11:23am On May 27, 2010
@SA LADY, you do have a point, I am beginning think of using my son's birthday in July to get them together. Actually, this my friend is someone I cant just let go cos I am married, we've share many things in common. however, this is not to say I don't love and cherish my wife, my wife is one in a million; cute, understanding, caring and humble. but with love to a fault that she doesn't want to see anything on shirt near me.
Re: Can She Visit Me? by tkb417(m): 11:32am On May 27, 2010
Tell your old friend to stay back a bit. Try and work out arrangements to make them become friends

maybe your old friend can call her up and let them be friends before she visits

let your wife do the invitation.
adhere strictly to this o cos if ur wife is not happy with u, then ure in big trouble.

This is one of the reasons im not married yet cos i dont think i have the nerve to suck up like this yet. God help me sha

one day one day, ill marry Missy B or Y me grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kenyan Women Are The Best / How Do I Stop This Without Hurting Them / TO THOSE IN RELATIONSHIP HOW OFTEN DO YOU COMMUNICATE WITH YOUR SPOUSE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.