Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,911 members, 7,810,509 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:16 AM

What Makes You A Christian? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Makes You A Christian? (5926 Views)

Praying, Worship Or Praises, Which Makes You Feel Closer to God? / Female Pastor: Eating Draw Soup Makes You Accessible For Kingdom Of Darkness / "If Paying Tithes Makes You Rich, Bill Gates, Zuckerberg Would've Been Poor" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Makes You A Christian? by ollah2: 9:26am On May 21, 2018
spdamibiz:
the jews have been existing before the birth of jesus they have alway beleive in God, but since they existed before the birth of jesus, it not a waste, Jesus is sent on earth to show the way and as the saviour of the world, so any religion after the birth of jesus but still not beleive in jesus is something else

Aren't the Jews supposed to dump whatever it was before his birth and believe in him?
Doesn't our local gods predate birth of christ?
Doesnt Asian gods predate birth of chrst?
How come those doesn't matter and what only matters is being a christian?

spdamibiz:
, Any religion that doesnot believe in the Holy trinity, God the father, The son and holy spirit, is just a mere way of life,

So the Jews are just living mere way of life and ONLY THE CHRISTIANS can make heaven, right?
Re: What Makes You A Christian? by ollah2: 9:31am On May 21, 2018
spdamibiz:
jesus appear both in the bible and quran, what does that mean to you

You guys have always condemned the Quran, how come it suddenly becomes important to this discourse? Is it because it suits your narrative hence the reference ?
Re: What Makes You A Christian? by spdamibiz: 9:42am On May 21, 2018
ollah2:

Aren't the Jews supposed to dump whatever it was before his birth and believe in him?
Doesn't our local gods predate birth of christ?
Doesnt Asian gods predate birth of chrst?
How come those doesn't matter and what only matters is being a christian?

So the Jews are just living mere way of life and ONLY THE CHRISTIANS can make heaven, right?
yes there is a prophesy about the birth of jesus but the jew will not beleive , just the way you are not beleiving me also, because you have actually beleive you are on the right path,, but they are not to be blame since they started before the birth of jesus, which means they have no idea about the truth wa, but any religion after the birth of jusus is to be questioned, because jesus exist in the bible and quran, which means he his the way,,

if you beleive this is one God, and you beleive Angel exist then you have to beleive jesus aswell, Because No one get to the father except through the son,
Christainity is about following jesus, which is the way that lead to God, beleiving in a prophet doesnot lead to God, because we can have thousands of prophet so the conclusion is once you beleive in the holy trinity, you are on the right path. THIS IS THE TRUTH, no one will force you to beleive but i since you know the truth now, it better you have a rethink so the truth you know today will not be use against you.
Re: What Makes You A Christian? by ollah2: 9:44am On May 21, 2018
spdamibiz:
yes there is a prophesy about the birth of jesus but the jew will not beleive , just the way you are not beleiving me also, because you have actually beleive you are on the right path,, but they are not to be blame since they started before the birth of jesus, which means they have no idea about the truth wa, but any religion after the birth of jusus is to be questioned, because jesus exist in the bible and quran, which means he his the way,,

if you beleive this is one God, and you beleive Angel exist then you have to beleive aswell, Because No one get to the father except through the son,
Christainity is about following jesus, which is the way that lead to God, beleiving in a prophet doesnot lead to God, because we can have thousands of prophet so the conclusion is once you beleive in the holy trinity, you are on the right path. THIS IS THE TRUTH, no one will force you to beleive but i since you know the truth now, it better you have a rethink so the truth you know today will not be use against you.

So inorder words, heaven is meant for ONLY CHRISTIANS?
Re: What Makes You A Christian? by HardMirror(m): 9:58am On May 21, 2018
spdamibiz:
something must have happen for you to follow none, cos i beleive your parent must have a religion, so kindly explain, i hope it not the misleading internet bloggers
https://www.nairaland.com/3078223/pastor-atheist-why-never-christian
Re: What Makes You A Christian? by spdamibiz: 10:59am On May 21, 2018
HardMirror:
https://www.nairaland.com/3078223/pastor-atheist-why-never-christian
After reading your post then i conclude that you are the dumbest smart person i have ever come across, i am not insulting you but honestly i was just laughing will reading you post

Firstly you dabble into occult, thinking all miracle are actually product of occult, such as sub conscious bla bla, law of attraction, What you dont know is that God give life not to only human but everything that exist in the universe,

You actually dont know God, You are just getting close to the holy spirit then you bleeped up, God cannot be test, in case of the mad man, such thing wont work

getting close to the holy spirit will give some ability, foreseeing, commandment and speaking in tongue but you actually compare spirituality with physical life, God is too dynamic for any human to understand,

What brought you down is pride, yes,, you think since you can pray and fast then you can do anything, incase you dont know everybody can pray and fast as you did,

Occultism is the problem you have, you even expect God to give you answer to what you ask him, i dont think you really have any idea about God, You are actually getting close with holy spirit but pride brought you down just like satan,

God is just too infinity for any human to comprehend with the finite mind, The truth is you dont know anything about how God works

i wish you to tell you alot, it well tho, BUT ask yourself this simple question,
"What gives me life"
Re: What Makes You A Christian? by 2016v2017: 11:29am On May 21, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:
Written by Brother Inioribo Tamunotonye @Tonyebarcanista

Wrong Perception
We live in an age where Christianity has become bastardized and relegated to mere religiosity. An age where people proclaim themselves to be Christians and are proclaimed as such by virtue of parentage or place of birth. This negative branding of Christianity has in no small way contributed to the improper perception of Christianity. The Christian faith, which is ideally meant to reflect way of life to the faithfuls has been reduced to mere religion and title that has no distinctive feature beyond nomenclature.

What Makes One A Christian
Christianity is about living Christlike, and living Christlike is about living according to the dictate and commandments of Christ. It is about accepting and loving Jesus Christ by keeping HIS commandments. You can't claim to be a Christian without displaying love for Jesus Christ and you can't say you love Jesus Christ without keeping his commandments. For He says in his word in John 14:15;

"If you love me, keep my commandments"

Characteristics of A Christian
1. Proclamation of the superiority of God and belief in Jesus Christ in words and in conduct.

2. Showing unconditional love towards Jesus Christ by being compassionate to the downtrodden:

"And the King will say, I tell you the truth, when you did it to one of the least of these my brothers and sisters, you were doing it to me!" (Matthew 25:40)

The "brothers and sisters" in this context refers to people that are in need irrespective of their faith, character or attitude. The poor, downtrodden, the prisoner, the prostitute, thieves, criminals etc.

3. Show of unconditional love and forgiveness even to enemies and oppressors:

"But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;" (Matthew 5:44)

In fact, Jesus went further to say that when we are slapped we should turn the other cheek (meaning, we should not take to self help when oppressed)

As "insane" as this may sound, it is a key attribute that endeared unbelievers to Christ during the persecution of the early Christians by the Roman empire.

It is important to note that vengeance is not the job of Christians but of the Lord.

4. Love for Humanity and giving cheerfully to people in need

5. Living Exemplary Life:
"Let your light so shine before men that they may see your good work and glorify your father which is in Heaven" (Matthew 5:16)

Christians living in this world filled with temptations and immorality are expected to bring glory to God by leading a lifestyle worthy of emulation, which reflects the life of Christ.

Jesus Christ, the perfect example came to this world to reconcile man with God and lead man to the original path as purposed by God in the beginning before the fall of man. The early believers earned the title "Christians" due to their exemplary behavior and conduct that were in accordance with the lifestyle and dictate of Christ.

As a Christian, it is expected of us to honor God with our words and keep His Commandments. It is our job to conduct ourselves in ways that bring glory and adoration to Jesus Christ. This is what makes you a Christian, it is what makes us Christians.

May God give us the grace to follow His Path and be His true Ambassadors... Amen
Amen and Amen
Re: What Makes You A Christian? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:23pm On May 21, 2018
2016v2017:

Amen and Amen
This piece remains the best I've written. God giving me the grace I hope to regularly write to win souls to God (which is the most important job of any individual)
Re: What Makes You A Christian? by alBHAGDADI: 5:28pm On May 21, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

This piece remains the best I've written. God giving me the grace I hope to regularly write to win souls to God (which is the most important job of any individual)
Write more
Re: What Makes You A Christian? by MuttleyLaff: 6:12pm On May 21, 2018
ollah2:
Mind explaining the bolded
What, in the emboldened, exactly, you want explained?
Re: What Makes You A Christian? by bloodofthelamb(m): 7:16pm On May 21, 2018
These is the commandment and work of God that ye believe/cleave/abide/trust in JESUS CHRIST completely. All other good works you listed in your Op flows and is achieved from we abiding completely in the Son of God.
Re: What Makes You A Christian? by ollah2: 7:22pm On May 21, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
What, in the emboldened, exactly, you want explained?

The religious characteristics that God accepts as pure and faultless?
Re: What Makes You A Christian? by danielinyang(m): 9:09am On Mar 09, 2021
Re: What Makes You A Christian? by danielinyang(m): 11:07am On Jan 15, 2022
Re: What Makes You A Christian? by Faithworld1(m): 4:54am On Feb 26, 2022
Who Is A Christian?
Do you know who a Christian truly is? Share your thoughts on the question in line with scripture.

Read my answer and contribution here: https://www.josephedembassey.com/2022/02/who-is-christian.html

God bless you.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

When Was The Last Time You Gave Alms To The Needy? / Atheism Is A Religion (Part II) / How Could Paul CURSE YAHSHUA- And No Christian NOTICED?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.