Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,764 members, 7,809,931 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:28 PM

Would You Marry Your Best Friend's Widow? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Would You Marry Your Best Friend's Widow? (15912 Views)

Poll: Would You?

Yes: 22% (11 votes)
No: 77% (37 votes)
This poll has ended

Widow Loses Pregnancy After Being Battered By Man Friend (pic) / Widow's Sons Arrested For Beating Her Young Boyfriend - VI, Lagos / Given A 2nd Chance, Would You Still Marry Your Spouse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Marry Your Best Friend's Widow? by nononcents: 11:40pm On Aug 31, 2011
We are too narrow minded at times. Why is it anyone's business if they married their friend's widow? WE ARE such hypocrites. Let guess: Its ok to have multiple womenOR Or its okay to have multiple boy friends and girlfriends yet: its an abomination to marry a single man or woman who is a widow. This is the same mentality that has caused so much strife and ethnic divisions in that country. Ibo can't marry Yoruba. Yoruba won't marry Benin. Calabars are lesser human beings than the rest, etc. The choice should be left to each individual who to marry. Just because one person doesn't feel comfortable doing it doesn't make it an abomination. Make una stop dis yeye beliefs wey tie us down for so long oooo. We are allowing ignorance hold us captive to outdated ideologies, at the expense of advancement and enlightenment. Live and let live, peace will prevail.
Re: Would You Marry Your Best Friend's Widow? by manakeagie: 11:50am On Sep 01, 2011
Its absolutely wrong to marry your best friend's widow because one they may think you even ploted for his death, the lady may be hated by the family to the late hubby, basically its not correct,, its morally wrong
Re: Would You Marry Your Best Friend's Widow? by Laurafr: 12:49pm On Sep 01, 2011
yes u should,she is single also u are!!!still ur friend wuld have been happy,because with u her and her kida are in good hands, if u guys like ich other, there is nothing bad in it!u both single right now!
Re: Would You Marry Your Best Friend's Widow? by Ndipe(m): 2:16am On Apr 28, 2015
Re: Would You Marry Your Best Friend's Widow? by mystiqueDZ(f): 8:22am On Apr 28, 2015
AINT nothing wrong with it!!!! As a matter of fact most widowers tend to go for their wife's friend or sister....

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry Your Best Friend's Widow? by MightySparrow: 2:26pm On May 28, 2020
I would if she and my wife agree to it.
Re: Would You Marry Your Best Friend's Widow? by Ndipe(m): 1:58am On May 30, 2020
Like both of them made an arrangement for her to marry you if she were to die?

MightySparrow:
I would if she and my wife agree to it.
Re: Would You Marry Your Best Friend's Widow? by Kobojunkie: 2:34am On May 30, 2020
I don't see what should stop two consenting adults from pursuing a relationship of their choosing. The dead partner is not going to come back so what is there for them to be afraid of? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Some Nigerian Men And Their Popular "I Will Marry U Syndrome" / Sisters-In-Law: Why Do They Change So? / Emir Warns Peasants Against Polygamy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.