Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,272 members, 7,954,068 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 11:49 AM

1966 Coup-igbos Vindicated. .. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 1966 Coup-igbos Vindicated. .. (8148 Views)

Buhari Disaster: Are Igbos Vindicated Now? / 1966 Coup: “the Igbos Now Vindicated And Exonerated” - Olusegun Obasanjo / Buhari: 1966 Coup, Counter-Coup, I Was All In It, Says PMB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 1966 Coup-igbos Vindicated. .. by Iceberg3: 6:27am On May 22, 2018
immhotep:

Nzeogwu is from Niger Delta, and there are no Igbo people in the Niger Delta.
However, Nzeogwu led the Igbo coup as an Igbo man grin grin grin grin
Dullardism did not begin today in Nigeria grin grin

cc lzaa onyeoga shalomc DabuIIIT bamoski4real madridguy buhariguy pointzerom itsmeaboki iceberg3 alariiwo roger3d

Coneheads defy logic grin

Their poo4brains is bad for the globe

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 1966 Coup-igbos Vindicated. .. by Anyadike1: 6:37am On May 22, 2018
Alariiwo:
You can keep rewriting and distorting facts as you like.. it won't change anything.

The fact remains

1) Igbo soldiers planned the coup and tricked other soldiers into joining them knowing fully well that no eastern politician at that time will be touched.
Other naive soldiers fell for the deceit which later led to the bloody pogrom against Igbos in the North and the counter coup that killed Ironsi like a common rat.

2) Nzeogwu had it all planned with Ironsi, infact the coup was to install Ironsi as Head of state which was confirmed after Ironsi refused to prosecute Nzeogwu and other coup plotters.

3) An Igbo man Ironsi abolished the regional system so as to dominate other tribes without thinking of possible backlash.
Ipob yewts are getting killed like games today all thanks to Ironsi.

The list goes on and on..
No offence meant but I feel Igbos are the real problem of Nigeria. Their quest to dominate keeps decreasing their population by the years.
If you had studied your history diligently you would not have been such an Ignoramus.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 1966 Coup-igbos Vindicated. .. by johnmartus(m): 6:43am On May 22, 2018
shocked trash .

1 Like

Re: 1966 Coup-igbos Vindicated. .. by giftedben: 6:46am On May 22, 2018
Alariiwo:

The question you should be asking is.. Why didn't the coup plotters kill a single Igbo soul but killed other tribes leaders with reckless abandon.

You were even lucky Awolowo didn't die in that coup. Yorubas I trust would have seen to the extinction of Igbos since.
The Akintola you guys killed had it coming. He dined with backstabbers and so had to die from those backstabbers knives (odale bale ku).

Yea right another mouth action
What did you do about Chief Moshood Kashimawo Olawale Abiola (M.K.O.) before he was arrested and allegedly killed in detention.

And what happened to The Yoruba Thief Called Awolowo, whom killed himself with rat poison.

I will tell you, you did nothing.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 1966 Coup-igbos Vindicated. .. by Nobody: 7:09am On May 22, 2018
the only thing I know is that
Fela died miserably Gani tour the path of same miserable death awolowo drank rat poison.
Tinubu next

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 1966 Coup-igbos Vindicated. .. by LZAA: 7:26am On May 22, 2018
Iceberg3:

Coneheads defy logic grin

Their poo4brains is bad for the globe

6 Likes

Re: 1966 Coup-igbos Vindicated. .. by Nobody: 7:31am On May 22, 2018
I just don't understand. Is this frustration or what? Do people just wake up in the morning and start thinking about how miserable their lives are?

Op, what did you eat last night anyway?

4 Likes

Re: 1966 Coup-igbos Vindicated. .. by jahrule: 7:43am On May 22, 2018
odogwu9:
1966 Coup: “THE IGBOS NOW VINDICATED AND EXONERATED”
Olusegun Obasanjo.

1. Azikiwe defeated Awolowo to become the first Nigerian Premier of Western Nigeria (present Southwest plus Edo and Delta States). Awolowo instead of forming Opposition, rather formed Egbe Omo Yoruba and used it to intimidate Yorubas that won election on NCNC platform to cross carpet and join him against Azikiwe. This was the first parliamentary coup in Nigeria.[b][/b]

. Are you sure of this or you uncle told you, and you refuse to verify the veracity of this story?. How many seats were contested, and how many were won by NCNC?. I know you are slow, but answer my question first

3 Likes

Re: 1966 Coup-igbos Vindicated. .. by LZAA: 8:04am On May 22, 2018
Bane2020:

Dunce a certain Colonel Arthur Unegbe an Igbo quartermaster was killed, you see why it's sad when ignorance mixed with asinine stupidity makes you look more like an uninformed fool? pick up a damn and read detailed accounts of the coup you mo.ron! typical Yoruba lout, na for internet una dey get mouth pass! we wasted Shodeinde, Akintola(a whole Aare ona kakanfo) glad the tribal marked ape paid the price for daring the Igbos in his idiotic Yoruba ronu speech... Awolowo was in prison at the time (na God save that one), he would have been long sent to meet his creator and you cowards would have done nothing. I actually laughed when at the temerity of yorubas seeing to the extinction of Igbos grin grin grin grin grin, man you should consider a more rewarding career as a stand up comedian.

2 Likes

Re: 1966 Coup-igbos Vindicated. .. by LZAA: 8:08am On May 22, 2018
jahrule:

. Are you sure of this or you uncle told you, and you refuse to verify the veracity of this story?. How many seats were contested, and how many were won by NCNC?. I know you are slow, but answer my question first
Paul unaugo(former NEF chairman) said Awo brought tribalism to nigerian politics
SLS said yorubas are the problem of nigeria
These statements were from ur fulani overlords grin

4 Likes

Re: 1966 Coup-igbos Vindicated. .. by Nobody: 8:16am On May 22, 2018
Bane2020:

So yes the East doesn't give a flying fu. ck about your worthless validation or leverage cause it doesn't add a penny to the coffers of the greater Igbo nation.

LoL .. and yet you are here struggling to rewrite history in an effort to gain support for presidential elections.

Get this through your thick skull the east will never touch the presidency, first, it was a coup, then, it was Biafra, then IPOB .. politically your reputation is in tatters. We shall make sure the economic, social and other resources the east need to thrive will get there ... road, schools, bridges e.t.c it is your right, but you had forfeit your right to the presidency through Biafra, and you reminded us, with IPOB.

Anybody that politically pairs with the east has signed his political obituary; Jonathan learned this the hard way.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 1966 Coup-igbos Vindicated. .. by Nobody: 8:25am On May 22, 2018
LZAA:

Paul unaugo(former NEF chairman) said Awo brought tribalism to nigerian politics
SLS said yorubas are the problem of nigeria
These statements were from ur fulani overlords grin

Only the heavens cant tell, where Nigeria would be economically had the easterners not, perpetrated the first coup in Nigeria and subsequently the largest civil war.

You don't know the magnitude of your ancestor's crimes. The internet seems to affect the east the most, it gives you the resources to choose the truth you wish to believe. Don't like the news, change the channel.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 1966 Coup-igbos Vindicated. .. by Bane2020: 8:57am On May 22, 2018
TheCabal:

LoL .. and yet you are here struggling to rewrite history in an effort to gain support for presidential elections.

Get this through your thick skull the east will never touch the presidency, first, it was a coup, then, it was Biafra, then IPOB .. politically your reputation is in tatters. We shall make sure the economic, social and other resources the east need to thrive will get there ... road, schools, bridges e.t.c it is your right, but you had forfeit your right to the presidency through Biafra, and you reminded us, with IPOB.

Anybody that politically pairs with the east has signed his political obituary; Jonathan learned this the hard way.
I don't know if you are dyslexic (then I genuinely emphasize with your condition) or just generally daft... which would explain why you are negligibly low or lacking in cognitive reception. I don't have to drill your cranium open to investigate what part of your cerebral hemispheres is dysfunctional. Otherwise I can't understand why you can't decipher a simple point earlier stated, even if the handwriting was written boldly on the wall for you, but I chalk it up to you just been a typical brain dead Nigerian. But let me condescend and lever down more to your level of intelligence and restate my point, THE IGBOS DO NOT CARE ABOUT YOUR FEDERAL HELP OR IT'S PRESIDENTIAL HANDOUTS TO SURIVIVE. Take a tour to major Igbo metropolitan cities and even farther down the suburban rural areas, and you will marvel at the amazing presence of development taken place, I mean real estate aesthetics sprouting out from every square foot mile covered ...and it might amaze you to know that lots of these developments/projects are owned and sponsored by individuals and not your useless government. The thing you need to know about Igbos is that we don't laze about and pray for the government- both federal and state tiers to help us, rather we rally together to develop our immediate communities...it's not uncommon to see one wealthy man single handedly build roads, install street lights, build boreholes, schools, factories etc for a whole community in Igbo land.

So Mr Man your rubbish postulations about Igbo political relevance in tatters blah blah blah is just hollow noise cause once again the average Igbo man or woman save for a few criminals seeking government recognition don't care about your Nigeria or whatever factors at play therein, we just make our money and enrich/enlighten our generations to be self sufficient.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 1966 Coup-igbos Vindicated. .. by opribo(m): 10:29am On May 22, 2018
One day shall surely come.

The Ibos are not afraid to be on their own so why stop them from self determination.
Certainly, there must be a reason why you want to keep holding on to someone.

I have no doubt whatsoever that if the Ibos free themselves from this parasitic union, it won't take the Haisa- Fulani a split second to put the Yoruba's in their rightful place as their slaves. Maybe then too they will begin to cry for freedom but make no mistake.
The Yoruba's are the real ones who wish the Ibos stay on because it gives them the opportunity to continue to latch in the benefits of aligning with their own secret haters to their advantage.

Ibos must not relent in sustaining the international awareness for self determination. It is a matter of time. The world knows it that the Ibos are already a nation into themselves. No need for unequal yoking. We are who we are and no one can take that away.

3 Likes

Re: 1966 Coup-igbos Vindicated. .. by LZAA: 10:39am On May 22, 2018
TheCabal:

Only the heavens cant tell, where Nigeria would be economically had the easterners not, perpetrated the first coup in Nigeria and subsequently the largest civil war.

You don't know the magnitude of your ancestor's crimes. The internet seems to affect the east the most, it gives you the resources to choose the truth you wish to believe. Don't like the news, change the channel.
grin grin
Same reason ur own ancestors came todrag them back to lagos kikiki grin
Same reason biafra causes high bp in eweduland despite biafra being far away from it
U wanna know how the economy of nigeria would have been without igbos?well apart from ss oil,its economy would have been gworo and ewedu producing grin grin
Cc immhotep DaBullIT iceberg3 pointzerom

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 1966 Coup-igbos Vindicated. .. by horsepower101: 10:42am On May 22, 2018
This is what Yorubas do on nairaland everyday. They create falsehood about igbos and themselves.

Thank God for this Igbo generation keeps exposing all their propagandas built up over the years to justify their wickedness.

Re: 1966 Coup-igbos Vindicated. .. by horsepower101: 10:44am On May 22, 2018
5thElement:
I just don't understand. Is this frustration or what? Do people just wake up in the morning and start thinking about how miserable their lives are?

Op, what did you eat last night anyway?

The op is saying the truth. Stop trying to divert attention.
Re: 1966 Coup-igbos Vindicated. .. by horsepower101: 10:46am On May 22, 2018
TheCabal:

Rewrite which history? Please point out one thing that is false in what the op said? You guys think you can hide the truth forever?
Re: 1966 Coup-igbos Vindicated. .. by horsepower101: 10:50am On May 22, 2018
opribo:
One day shall surely come.

The Ibos are not afraid to be on their own so why stop them from self determination.
Certainly, there must be a reason why you want to keep holding on to someone.

I have no doubt whatsoever that if the Ibos free themselves from this parasitic union, it won't take the Haisa- Fulani a split second to put the Yoruba's in their rightful place as their slaves. Maybe then too they will begin to cry for freedom but make no mistake.
The Yoruba's are the real ones who wish the Ibos stay on because it gives them the opportunity to continue to latch in the benefits of aligning with their own secret haters to their advantage.

Ibos must not relent in sustaining the international awareness for self determination. It is a matter of time. The world knows it that the Ibos are already a nation into themselves. No need for unequal yoking. We are who we are and no one can take that away.

Gbam. We will get there.

I have never seen a situation where someone hates another person but the moment the person they hate say they want to leave they start panicking... this is the greatest level of cowardice.

Proven inability to survive on ones own. Yet they claim Sufferisticated.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 1966 Coup-igbos Vindicated. .. by horsepower101: 10:53am On May 22, 2018
LZAA:

grin grin
Same reason ur own ancestors came todrag them back to lagos kikiki grin
Same reason biafra causes high bp in eweduland despite biafra being far away from it
U wanna know how the economy of nigeria would have been without igbos?well apart from ss oil,its economy would have been gworo and ewedu producing grin grin
Cc immhotep DaBullIT iceberg3 pointzerom

There was a thread on nairaland where an Igboman witnessed Yorubas praying casually against Biafra in a wedding ceremony. These people biggest fear is the restoration of Biafra yet they cant let igbos live peacefully. Spineless cowards

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 1966 Coup-igbos Vindicated. .. by LZAA: 11:20am On May 22, 2018
horsepower101:

There was a thread on nairaland where an Igboman witnessed Yorubas praying casually against Biafra in a wedding ceremony. These people biggest fear is the restoration of Biafra yet they cant let igbos live peacefully. Spineless cowards
grin grin
EponOjuku must have been there

2 Likes

Re: 1966 Coup-igbos Vindicated. .. by Nobody: 11:30am On May 22, 2018
horsepower101:

pls help us locate that thread
Re: 1966 Coup-igbos Vindicated. .. by Strikethem: 11:51am On May 22, 2018
CaptJeffry:
From history books I've read so far, Awolowo was a terrible tribalist and backstabber.
So, awolowo was the one sending food to biafrans then. You are too dull.

3 Likes

Re: 1966 Coup-igbos Vindicated. .. by Strikethem: 11:53am On May 22, 2018
grin grin, Lagos, which was largely developed by igbos. That line got me rolling on the floor. Developers will not rest hehehehehe. No be british developed Lagos again, it is igbo according to ipob book hehehehehe.

5 Likes

Re: 1966 Coup-igbos Vindicated. .. by Strikethem: 11:58am On May 22, 2018
horsepower101:

Gbam. We will get there.

I have never seen a situation where someone hates another person but the moment the person they hate say they want to leave they start panicking... this is the greatest level of cowardice.

Proven inability to survive on ones own. Yet they claim Sufferisticated.
The same people have deported una go onitsa but una run go call ICC. I have been waiting for one Yoruba man that has ever blocked road at ore so that you people Won't Leave. Or have you seen one? Even north gave u ultimatum to leave only for your so called elders to go do meeting with them. You shout you want to go, the same you people will be shouting if una go, this will happen, that will happen. Are you people that confused?

5 Likes

Re: 1966 Coup-igbos Vindicated. .. by Strikethem: 12:04pm On May 22, 2018
horsepower101:

Which truth, you mean truth from ipob book to ipob like you? If he's saying the truth, why didn't he talk about how biafram soldiers molested, raped and killed people of Midwest, why did he not talked about the letter written to ojukwu from Robert S Goldstein about how ojukwu was diverting food mentioned for women n children to his soldiers n leave the women n children to die. Truth my foot.

4 Likes

Re: 1966 Coup-igbos Vindicated. .. by Strikethem: 12:11pm On May 22, 2018
[s]
odogwu9:
1966 Coup: “THE IGBOS NOW VINDICATED AND EXONERATED”
Olusegun Obasanjo.

"Let the truth be told. The People involved in that so called 1966 “Igbo coup” were:

1. Major Chukwuma Kaduna Nzeogwu (Midwest Region Igbo)

2. Major Adewale Ademoyega (Western Region – Yoruba), author of “Why we struck”

3. Capt. G. Adeleke (Western Region – Yoruba).

4. Maj. Ifeajuna (Midwestern Region – Igbo).

5. Lt. Fola Oyewole (Western Region – Yoruba), author of “The reluctant rebel”.

6. *Lt. Robert (Bob) Egbiko* (Midwestern Region – Ishan).

7. Lt. Tijani Katsina (Northern Region – Hausa/Fulani).

8. Lt. O. Olafemiyan (Western Region – Yoruba).

9. Capt. Gibson Jalo (Northern Region – Bachama).

10. Capt. Swanton (Northern Region – Middle Belt).

11. Lt. Hope Harris Eghagha (Midwest – Urhobo).

12. Lt. Dag Warribor (Midwest – Ijaw)

13. 2nd Lt. Saleh Dambo (Northern Nigeria -Hausa)

14. 2nd Lt. John Atom Kpera (Northern Nigeria-Tiv).

The reason for calling the 1966 Coup an Igbo exercise is because the government of Nigeria has refused teaching Nigerian History in our schools. And core North has been busy misinforming Nigerians that the 1966 coup was an Igbo coup.
……………………………………….................................
Yoruba – Igbo fact sheet. This article has no tribal sentiments. Pls add ur own facts if u have any. History will always tell us what happened.

1. Azikiwe defeated Awolowo to become the first Nigerian Premier of Western Nigeria (present Southwest plus Edo and Delta States). Awolowo instead of forming Opposition, rather formed Egbe Omo Yoruba and used it to intimidate Yorubas that won election on NCNC platform to cross carpet and join him against Azikiwe. This was the first parliamentary coup in Nigeria.

2. Awolowo from then on, started indoctrination of Yorubas against the “threat of Igbo domination”. That is how the incurable seed of fear of Igbos was sown in the psychic of Yorubas which Yorubas later sold to other groups through Yoruba control of the media for decades.

3. Alhaji Tafawa Balewa , Nigeria ‘s first Prime minister could not tolerate Awolowo’s treacherous and inordinate ambition of acquiring political power by all means and at any cost. So, he threw Awolowo into prison for treason.

4. Samuel Ladoke Akintola who replaced Awolowo as Premier of Western Nigeria tried to destroy Awolowo’s political grip on Yorubaland by forming a party to takeover Western Nigeria in alliance with the Hausa-Fulani oligarch who Awolowo despised as a backward race. Consequently, Yorubaland went ablaze in revolt against Akintola’s plot. Law and order completely broke down in Western Nigeria. Wole Soyinka wore a mask and forced announcers at Western Nigeria Broadcasting Corporation to declare that Akintola’s government was a fraud.

5. Yet, Tafawa Balewa refused to declare state of emergency in Western Nigeria in order to keep Akintola as a proxy for Hausa-Fulani interest. This was the MAIN reason Yoruba graduates in the Army were the brains behind the coup led by Chukwuma Nzeogwu who happened to be Igbo.

6. As Wole Soyinka and even Obasanjo acknowledged, Nzeogwu ‘s coup was widely accepted by a vast majority of Nigerians across regional, religious and ethnic divides. But the dissatisfied Hausa-Fulani oligarchy who had majority in Nigerian Army infantry used their puppets, Yakubu Gowon, Theophilus Danjuma and co to overthrow General Ironsi.

7. In order to win support of Yorubas, Gowon released Awolowo from prison. The Hausa-Fulani knew Awolowo’s fear of Igbo as the only group that stood against his ambition to power. Gowon therefore quickly made a deal with Awolowo which in effect was that power would rotate between the North and the West (Hausa-Fulani and Yoruba) in post war Nigeria if Awolowo convinced Yorubas to join the North in fighting Igbos.

8. The Nigerian Army was consequently split into two divisions: the northern sector division commanded by Hausa-Fulani and the southern sector division, commanded by Yorubas.

9. Lagos, a city built largely by Igbos and were Igbos invested heavily, was also ceded to Yorubas as a State even when there was no Abuja at the time (1967). 14. Awolowo was made Vice Chairman of Federal Executive Council and Finance Minister. All federal government owned banks in Nigeria at the time which included the Central Bank and First Bank, were under Awolowo and Yoruba management. It was a deal Awolowo could not resist. The man was an unscrupulous Machivellian anyway.

10. The Igbos were eventually defeated and Yorubas became champions of nationalism.

11. Awolowo tried to make sure no Igbo man or woman would ever be more than financial destitute let alone have the financial resources to rival a Yoruba.

12. To achieve his objective of permanent Yoruba supremacy, Awolowo insisted that every bank account owned by an Igbo, regardless of how much was in it before the declaration of Biafra, would only be replaced with twenty pounds! He instructed Yoruba Permanent Secretaries who took over the Federal Civil service when Igbos left, to make sure that Igbo senior civil servants were not reinstated but to rather retire those who could not be dismissed as rebels. The same policy obtained in the Armed Forces of Nigeria and Police .

13. The Igbo were not only made pariahs but also financial destitutes.

14. Every house and industry in Igbo city was destroyed by war. Schools were closed for 3 years and many were razed to the ground.

15. Awolowo masterminded the indiginization policy by which Yorubas bought over all companies in Nigeria using money readily made available to them by the banks under their control. The Igbos were excluded.

16. They rejoiced and relaxed and complaisantly asked: “How could Igbos ever rear their ugly heads up again”? Sure, if that had happened to Yorubas or any other ethnic group, that would be their end. But as Awolowo rightly feared, we happen to be Ndi Igbo.

17. The shooting war ended 45 years ago and we are still here. We have survived all policy shenanigans contrapted by treacherous Yoruba masterminds and executed by their Hausa-Fulani allies.

18. In frustration, they have realized that we are who we are. Imagine their frustration! Never mind all Yoruba masterminded psychological attacks on Igbos disparaging us in any way they can.

19. Yes, Federal government policy has made them the tycoons of oil and gas, telecommunications, insurance and manufacturing. Oh, their Hausa-Fulani cum military allies gave Nigeria to Obasanjo for 8 years in keeping faith with their alliance.

20. Bola Tinubu is struggling for Awolowo mantle by forming an alliance of etho- religious jingoistic to ensure power keeps rotating between Yoruba and Hausa-Fulani. Where is the position of the Igbo and other tribes in Nigeria.

THAT IS WHY IGBOS WHO EXPERIENCE ALL THE ABOVE INJUSTICES THINK THAT BIAFRA IS THE ULTIMATE ANSWER.

HOWEVER, MY TAKE IS THAT THIS SHOULD MAKE OUR IGBO LEADERS FOCUSED, AND FIGHT FOR THE COMMON GOOD OF THEIR KINSMEN, NOT ONLY FOR THEIR OWN POCKETS.

[/s]Next time, join intellectuals for discussion, not this your igbo beer parlour gist.

5 Likes

Re: 1966 Coup-igbos Vindicated. .. by Nobody: 12:12pm On May 22, 2018
horsepower101:

The op is high on cow dung.

Somebody should tell him to stop smoking that sh1t

3 Likes

Re: 1966 Coup-igbos Vindicated. .. by Strikethem: 12:14pm On May 22, 2018
Alariiwo:

Yet all the freedom fighters and activists in Nigeria's history were Yorubas. From Awo himself to Wole Soyinka to Gani to Fela and even Fela's mother.

When Yorubas like Bola Tinubu and co. were fighting the dictator Abacha from hiding, what were Igbos doing?
They were busy holding 1 million man March in support of tyranny and trooping to decorate Abacha with chieftancy titles.

Go to your dictionary and check the meaning of "backstabbers".

Nonsense
Finishing.

5 Likes

Re: 1966 Coup-igbos Vindicated. .. by Strikethem: 12:17pm On May 22, 2018
Bane2020:

Soyinka, Gani, and Fela are the only noteworthy names you mentioned in that list, and Igbos have nothing but great respect for them. They are/were the few exceptions from the yoruba intelligentsia like the late Gani and Fela who were people worth reckoning with from your tribe. The rest of you are just slimy back stabbing liars, double faced devious plotting and scheming snakes.

And Igbos were never friends to MKO, at least MKO himself famously declared that he didn't need Igbo votes to win the presidential ticket, until a certain Arthur Nzeribe came to the spotlight to show him why you don't talk too much. Yet ironically, the freest and fairest election ever conducted in Nigerian history was orchestrated by an Igbo man(I'm sure you know his name), yes the same election that was rigged and annulled by your Hausa/Fulani masters to deny Abiola the ticket... And had him crying like a baby while he was been handcuffed en route to jail.
So you can mention three, but which one can one mention from your own tribe?

8 Likes

Re: 1966 Coup-igbos Vindicated. .. by Roger3D(m): 1:27pm On May 22, 2018
immhotep:

Nzeogwu is from Niger Delta, and there are no Igbo people in the Niger Delta.
However, Nzeogwu led the Igbo coup as an Igbo man grin grin grin grin
Dullardism did not begin today in Nigeria grin grin

cc lzaa onyeoga shalomc DabuIIIT bamoski4real madridguy buhariguy pointzerom itsmeaboki iceberg3 alariiwo roger3d
Nzeogwu was a delta Ibo man and a murderer

3 Likes

Re: 1966 Coup-igbos Vindicated. .. by Xander85: 1:46pm On May 22, 2018
Strikethem:
Which truth, you mean truth from ipob book to ipob like you? If he's saying the truth, why didn't he talk about how biafram soldiers molested, raped and killed people of Midwest, why did he not talked about the letter written to ojukwu from Robert S Goldstein about how ojukwu was diverting food mentioned for women n children to his soldiers n leave the women n children to die. Truth my foot.

Far be it from me to want to interrupt the back-and-forth you're enjoying with Horsepower, but could you corroborate that your claim of Biafran soldiers molesting, raping and killing (by killing i mean killing of noncombatans) in the Midwest?

On the accusation of Ojukwu diverting supplies: seeing that the use of starvation as weapon of war was the brainwave of Awo (apparently, conventional warfare wasn't getting them anywhere, despite all the outside help from Arab nations and the U.K, so he had hoped to get at the soldiers via starving their women and children)....since Awo initiated this wicked policy, don't you think you should first start by questioning the accuracy of his moral compass before accusing Ojukwu (that was fighting a war of survival for his people) of denying his people food?

All of a sudden, someone that sees nothing wrong in Awos' policy of starvation, shooting anything that moves and lining up all the young men in Asaba to be summarily executed....all of a sudden, you're now caring for Biafran women and children!?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

President Buhari’s 2018 Christmas Message To Nigerians / This 12 Pictures Will Make You Honour May30th Biafra Heroes Day And Sit-at-home / Court Denies Agba Jalingo Bail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.