Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,798 members, 7,817,306 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:54 AM

1966 Coup-igbos Vindicated. .. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 1966 Coup-igbos Vindicated. .. (7855 Views)

Buhari Disaster: Are Igbos Vindicated Now? / 1966 Coup: “the Igbos Now Vindicated And Exonerated” - Olusegun Obasanjo / Buhari: 1966 Coup, Counter-Coup, I Was All In It, Says PMB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 1966 Coup-igbos Vindicated. .. by LZAA: 1:53pm On May 22, 2018
Roger3D:
Nzeogwu was a delta Ibo man and a murderer
grin grin
How's nkechi?
Meanwhile...

1 Like

Re: 1966 Coup-igbos Vindicated. .. by T9ksy(m): 2:14pm On May 22, 2018
Alariiwo:
You can keep rewriting and distorting facts as you like.. it won't change anything.

The fact remains

1) Igbo soldiers planned the coup and tricked other soldiers into joining them knowing fully well that no eastern politician at that time will be touched.
Other naive soldiers fell for the deceit which later led to the bloody pogrom against Igbos in the North and the counter coup that killed Ironsi like a common rat.

2) Nzeogwu had it all planned with Ironsi, infact the coup was to install Ironsi as Head of state which was confirmed after Ironsi refused to prosecute Nzeogwu and other coup plotters.

3) An Igbo man Ironsi abolished the regional system so as to dominate other tribes without thinking of possible backlash.
Ipob yewts are getting killed like games today all thanks to Ironsi.

The list goes on and on..
No offence meant but I feel Igbos are the real problem of Nigeria. Their quest to dominate keeps decreasing their population by the years.

@ bolded.............Abi o jare!!!

However unfortunately, like the proverbial cheek that was destined to be slapped silly at a particular place and time, they keep making the same inordinate ambition.

Their need and quest to dominate is consequential in them getting smacked down by their neighbours or wherever they found themselves around the globe but they are too myopic and absolutely devoid of any introspective skills to learn from their misadventures.

3 Likes

Re: 1966 Coup-igbos Vindicated. .. by Roger3D(m): 2:47pm On May 22, 2018
LZAA:

grin grin
How's nkechi?
Meanwhile...
Wettin concern you? angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 1966 Coup-igbos Vindicated. .. by raumdeuter: 2:56pm On May 22, 2018
Bane2020:

Dunce a certain Colonel Arthur Unegbe an Igbo quartermaster was killed, you see why it's sad when ignorance mixed with asinine stupidity makes you look more like an uninformed fool? pick up a damn and read detailed accounts of the coup you mo.ron! typical Yoruba lout, na for internet una dey get mouth pass! we wasted Shodeinde, Akintola(a whole Aare ona kakanfo) glad the tribal marked ape paid the price for daring the Igbos in his idiotic Yoruba ronu speech... Awolowo was in prison at the time (na God save that one), he would have been long sent to meet his creator and you cowards would have done nothing. I actually laughed when at the temerity of yorubas seeing to the extinction of Igbos grin grin grin grin grin, man you should consider a more rewarding career as a stand up comedian.

For each one of the Yorubas killed, It was 1million Ibo lives that was wasted by Benjamin Adekunle

3 Likes

Re: 1966 Coup-igbos Vindicated. .. by LZAA: 3:05pm On May 22, 2018
Roger3D:
Wettin concern you? angry
grin grin

1 Like

Re: 1966 Coup-igbos Vindicated. .. by APCsupporter: 3:42pm On May 22, 2018
Alariiwo:

Yet all the freedom fighters and activists in Nigeria's history were Yorubas. From Awo himself to Wole Soyinka to Gani to Fela and even Fela's mother.

When Yorubas like Bola Tinubu and co. were fighting the dictator Abacha from hiding, what were Igbos doing?
They were busy holding 1 million man March in support of tyranny and trooping to decorate Abacha with chieftancy titles.

Go to your dictionary and check the meaning of "backstabbers".

Nonsense

My friend don't mind that chest beater. Imagine him saying IBO's defended themselves in Kaduna and kano when its on record that they were slaughtered in mass. We even hid some of our igbo neighbours then to protect them from the mob yet he is here typing rubbish.

What happened to KANU is a recent one. After threatening to burn down they country and lay down their lives, they began to swim in the mud and disturb the international community. Namdi KANU that had international backing according to them has been killed and nothing has happened. Ojukwu also made crazy threats but look at how he escaped.

They are known for chest beating and propaganda. Now he is trying to change history

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 1966 Coup-igbos Vindicated. .. by DabuIIIT: 3:50pm On May 22, 2018
Roger3D:
Nzeogwu was a delta Ibo man and a murderer

your village king should pay homage to the great Nzeogwu,declare an Nzeogwu day and bestow a post humus chieftency upon him. grin grin

lzaa immhotep

2 Likes

Re: 1966 Coup-igbos Vindicated. .. by Roger3D(m): 3:52pm On May 22, 2018
DabuIIIT:

your village king should pay homage to the great Nzeogwu,declare an Nzeogwu day and bestow a post humus chieftency upon him. grin grin

lzaa immhotep
The Ibo murderer is rotting in the hottest part of hell

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 1966 Coup-igbos Vindicated. .. by Strikethem: 3:55pm On May 22, 2018
Xander85:

Far be it from me to want to interrupt the back-and-forth you're enjoying with Horsepower, but could you corroborate that your claim of Biafran soldiers molesting, raping and killing (by killing i mean killing of noncombatans) in the Midwest?

On the accusation of Ojukwu diverting supplies: seeing that the use of starvation as weapon of war was the brainwave of Awo (apparently, conventional warfare wasn't getting them anywhere, despite all the outside help from Arab nations and the U.K, so he had hoped to get at the soldiers via starving their women and children)....since Awo initiated this wicked policy, don't you think you should first start by questioning the accuracy of his moral compass before accusing Ojukwu (that was fighting a war of survival for his people) of denying his people food?

All of a sudden, someone that sees nothing wrong in Awos' policy of starvation, shooting anything that moves and lining up all the young men in Asaba to be summarily executed....all of a sudden, you're now caring for Biafran women and children!?
Yes, I care for them, that's is why I will always refer to Robert Goldstein 's letter. All your blackmail against awolowo is total futile. The same way you people have been crying victim of how how they ceased your properties in Lagos. Of which many of you that are truthful here have said how they returned their properties, including money for rent. How come you did not ask me who Robert is to ojukwu. And why he wrote that letter n resign from working with him? Now, if I bring the story written by the son of the land in midwest, you that asked for it will still call it lie. Was Midwest ever being part of East before the war. Why did you people like covering your atrocities and cry victims about yours. Is it cos of defeat or what. If you people had won, would all this cries happens. To know the atrocities of your soldiers against innocent n defenseless citizens of the people of Midwest. Go and read Midwest invasion of 1967.
Also see these below
https://www.nairaland.com/2505533/attrocities-biafran-soldiers-during-civil#36653428

https://www.nairaland.com/3833712/midwest-invasion-benin-delta#57081478.

No matter how you people cry victim, we have the history.

5 Likes

Re: 1966 Coup-igbos Vindicated. .. by omoharry(f): 4:09pm On May 22, 2018
Alariiwo:
You can keep rewriting and distorting facts as you like.. it won't change anything.

The fact remains

1) Igbo soldiers planned the coup and tricked other soldiers into joining them knowing fully well that no eastern politician at that time will be touched.
Other naive soldiers fell for the deceit which later led to the bloody pogrom against Igbos in the North and the counter coup that killed Ironsi like a common rat.

2) Nzeogwu had it all planned with Ironsi, infact the coup was to install Ironsi as Head of state which was confirmed after Ironsi refused to prosecute Nzeogwu and other coup plotters.

3) An Igbo man Ironsi abolished the regional system so as to dominate other tribes without thinking of possible backlash.
Ipob yewts are getting killed like games today all thanks to Ironsi.

The list goes on and on..
No offence meant but I feel Igbos are the real problem of Nigeria. Their quest to dominate keeps decreasing their population by the years.
The north are the real problem of Nigeria..I am not Igbos.Though we might have few scrables with the Igbos But we have never had any history of Igbos killing thier neighbors so as to oppress or to take over their land.They are very tolerant of their neighbors but others are wary off them when involve money or business.
Your quarrel with the Igbos should not make you say they are the problem of Nigeria..Please try and be honest some times. The op distorted his 1966 coup story and history to suit himself .I dont know what his motives are anyway.At least I can sleep with my two eyes close knowing that i have an Igbo neighbors around me than having an Hausa-fulanis'----except you are them them..

1 Like

Re: 1966 Coup-igbos Vindicated. .. by opribo(m): 4:14pm On May 22, 2018
horsepower101:

Gbam. We will get there.

I have never seen a situation where someone hates another person but the moment the person they hate say they want to leave they start panicking... this is the greatest level of cowardice.

Proven inability to survive on ones own. Yet they claim Sufferisticated.

Naturally, nobody can stop the Sun from rising in the morning from the East and setting in the West. If you try it you die.

1 Like

Re: 1966 Coup-igbos Vindicated. .. by APCsupporter: 4:15pm On May 22, 2018
opribo:
One day shall surely come.

The Ibos are not afraid to be on their own so why stop them from self determination.
Certainly, there must be a reason why you want to keep holding on to someone.

I have no doubt whatsoever that if the Ibos free themselves from this parasitic union, it won't take the Haisa- Fulani a split second to put the Yoruba's in their rightful place as their slaves. Maybe then too they will begin to cry for freedom but make no mistake.
The Yoruba's are the real ones who wish the Ibos stay on because it gives them the opportunity to continue to latch in the benefits of aligning with their own secret haters to their advantage.

Ibos must not relent in sustaining the international awareness for self determination. It is a matter of time. The world knows it that the Ibos are already a nation into themselves. No need for unequal yoking. We are who we are and no one can take that away.

Keep quiet there chest beaters. You are the most hypocritical set of people in the Nigeria. So it is only the north that is a parasite right? But statistics suggests otherwise cos it has shown only less than 5 States in Nigeria can survive without federal allocation (something majorly from south south oil). You don't need anyone yet you are always trying to drag the Niger Delta with you.

The world has shown that it has better issues to tackle (Palestine vs Israel, Syria, Iran nuclear, etc). it is on record that your us only intervenes when their enemies are misbehaving but not their allies. Saudi Arabia has been bombing Yemen, USA itself is killing people syria and Israel is killing innocent protesters yet no sanctions, nothing. Ipoop now knows better not to misbehave only online cowards are left

3 Likes

Re: 1966 Coup-igbos Vindicated. .. by opribo(m): 4:17pm On May 22, 2018
APCsupporter:

Keep quiet there chest beaters. You are the most hypocritical set of people in the Nigeria. So it is only the north that is a parasite right? But statistics suggests otherwise cos it has shown only less than 5 States in Nigeria can survive without federal allocation (something majorly from south south oil). You don't need anyone yet you are always trying to drag the Niger Delta with you

Mention the Niger Delta you are referring to.

1 Like

Re: 1966 Coup-igbos Vindicated. .. by omoharry(f): 4:23pm On May 22, 2018
TheCabal:

LoL .. and yet you are here struggling to rewrite history in an effort to gain support for presidential elections.

Get this through your thick skull the east will never touch the presidency, first, it was a coup, then, it was Biafra, then IPOB .. politically your reputation is in tatters. We shall make sure the economic, social and other resources the east need to thrive will get there ... road, schools, bridges e.t.c it is your right, but you had forfeit your right to the presidency through Biafra, and you reminded us, with IPOB.

Anybody that politically pairs with the east has signed his political obituary; Jonathan learned this the hard way.
You are arrogant..and spiteful.I am from the Niger Delta but your comment shows you are obviously immature and some one that write before thinking...you speak like you are the lord of the manor, the alpha and omega ..are you God? you are nothing but mere mortal..created from dust of the earth and which you and everyone will definitely return to but here you stand to predict the destiny of an entire ethnic group..and you still want this people to remain in Nigeria..nor would you accord them the same right which they have as a citizen..are they your slave?.. you sound like a hateful northerner or an ignorant person from south west that does not see beyond his nose..ethnocentrism..is that what you were brought up on....your master Buhari is helpless in solving the daily killings going on in the country but your anger is not channeled toward his failure but to the igbos..what have they done to you..are they the ones going about raping and killing people across for the country? because you are a blind follow follow that does not know between his left and right..shame on you.

2 Likes

Re: 1966 Coup-igbos Vindicated. .. by APCsupporter: 4:23pm On May 22, 2018
LZAA:

grin grin
Same reason ur own ancestors came todrag them back to lagos kikiki grin
Same reason biafra causes high bp in eweduland despite biafra being far away from it
U wanna know how the economy of nigeria would have been without igbos?well apart from ss oil,its economy would have been gworo and ewedu producing grin grin
Cc immhotep DaBullIT iceberg3 pointzerom

I dare you to mention how the igbos are improving the economy. Is it with their hawking or the substandard goods and drugs they sell? They don't dominate any major sector in the economy yet you are beating your chest

1 Like

Re: 1966 Coup-igbos Vindicated. .. by APCsupporter: 4:25pm On May 22, 2018
opribo:

Mention the Niger Delta you are referring to.
Okay shey you know south south?
Re: 1966 Coup-igbos Vindicated. .. by opribo(m): 4:28pm On May 22, 2018
APCsupporter:

Okay shey you know south south?

My friend go straight to the point.

3 Likes

Re: 1966 Coup-igbos Vindicated. .. by rumours: 5:00pm On May 22, 2018
It is clear that people are not anti-Igbo than pro-Nigeria. The meaning is that if the solution to Nigeria's problem resides with Ndi-Igbo, people will prefer to continue to suffer and smile. What a strange country! So unfortunate. @OP, thank you for the clear and logical History.

2 Likes

Re: 1966 Coup-igbos Vindicated. .. by Nobody: 5:01pm On May 22, 2018
DabuIIIT:

lzaa immhotep
Roger3d needs to read Obasanjo's book and learn to respect his elders

cc lzaa onyeoga shalomc DabuIIIT bamoski4real madridguy buhariguy pointzerom itsmeaboki iceberg3 alariiwo roger3d

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 1966 Coup-igbos Vindicated. .. by rumours: 5:02pm On May 22, 2018
rumours:

CORRECTION
It is clear that people are MORE anti-Igbo than pro-Nigeria. The meaning is that if the solution to Nigeria's problem resides with Ndi-Igbo, people will prefer to continue to suffer and smile. What a strange country! So unfortunate. @OP, thank you for the clear and logical History.
Re: 1966 Coup-igbos Vindicated. .. by PointZerom: 5:03pm On May 22, 2018
APCsupporter:

I dare you to mention how the igbos are improving the economy. Is it with their hawking or the substandard goods and drugs they sell? They don't dominate any major sector in the economy yet you are beating your chest
Where are you right now, I am asking because it is certain you've sold all ur anccestral lands to Igbos. Cc Immhotep Lzza shalomc onyeoga

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 1966 Coup-igbos Vindicated. .. by APCsupporter: 5:06pm On May 22, 2018
PointZerom:
Where are you right now, I am asking because it is certain you've sold all ur anccestral lands to Igbos. Cc Immhotep Lzza shalomc onyeoga

Stop beating around the bush like a kid. This is a faceless forum so don't talk about things that can never be verified.

Which sector of the economy do you dominate? Buying and selling and importation doesn't build an economy.

1 Like

Re: 1966 Coup-igbos Vindicated. .. by LZAA: 5:06pm On May 22, 2018
APCsupporter:

As long as we do not hear ur brethen wailing when igbos travel home for holidays grin
Cc immhotep pointzerom iceberg3 DaBullIT

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 1966 Coup-igbos Vindicated. .. by LZAA: 5:07pm On May 22, 2018
APCsupporter:

Stop beating around the bush like a kid. This is a faceless forum so don't talk about things that can never be verified.

Which sector of the economy do you dominate? Buying and selling and importation doesn't build an economy.

Re: 1966 Coup-igbos Vindicated. .. by LZAA: 5:08pm On May 22, 2018
PointZerom:
APCheatsupporter just wants to serve the caliphate grin
Re: 1966 Coup-igbos Vindicated. .. by APCsupporter: 5:10pm On May 22, 2018
[quote author=LZAA post=67784210][/quote]
Thanks. I so much love beefcheesy

1 Like

Re: 1966 Coup-igbos Vindicated. .. by APCsupporter: 5:12pm On May 22, 2018
LZAA:

As long as we do not hear ur brethen wailing when igbos travel home for holidays grin
Cc immhotep pointzerom iceberg3 DaBullIT

lol. We that gave them a quit notice that shook them to the bone marrow?

What sector of the economy do you dominate? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

1 Like

Re: 1966 Coup-igbos Vindicated. .. by LZAA: 6:11pm On May 22, 2018
APCsupporter:

lol. We that gave them a quit notice that shook them to the bone marrow?

What sector of the economy do you dominate? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
Again who is "WE"
Ohhhhh u mean ur caliphate masters
Well their own elders reined them in and cautioned them
Oh btw may 30 is next week and of course u know what that means grin
Cc immhotep iceberg3 DaBullIT pointzerom onyeoga

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 1966 Coup-igbos Vindicated. .. by horsepower101: 6:38pm On May 22, 2018
rumours:
It is clear that people are not anti-Igbo than pro-Nigeria. The meaning is that if the solution to Nigeria's problem resides with Ndi-Igbo, people will prefer to continue to suffer and smile. What a strange country! So unfortunate. @OP, thank you for the clear and logical History.

Nigerians especially Yorubas and Hausa Fulanis are more anti Igbo than pro Nigerian.

Well said. I am glad igbos are realizing this.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 1966 Coup-igbos Vindicated. .. by tungamaje: 6:44pm On May 22, 2018
Bane2020:

I don't know if you are dyslexic (then I genuinely emphasize with your condition) or just generally daft... which would explain why you are negligibly low or lacking in cognitive reception. I don't have to drill your cranium open to investigate what part of your cerebral hemispheres is dysfunctional. Otherwise I can't understand why you can't decipher a simple point earlier stated, even if the handwriting was written boldly on the wall for you, but I chalk it up to you just been a typical brain dead Nigerian. But let me condescend and lever down more to your level of intelligence and restate my point, THE IGBOS DO NOT CARE ABOUT YOUR FEDERAL HELP OR IT'S PRESIDENTIAL HANDOUTS TO SURIVIVE. Take a tour to major Igbo metropolitan cities and even farther down the suburban rural areas, and you will marvel at the amazing presence of development taken place, I mean real estate aesthetics sprouting out from every square foot mile covered ...and it might amaze you to know that lots of these developments/projects are owned and sponsored by individuals and not your useless government. The thing you need to know about Igbos is that we don't laze about and pray for the government- both federal and state tiers to help us, rather we rally together to develop our immediate communities...it's not uncommon to see one wealthy man single handedly build roads, install street lights, build boreholes, schools, factories etc for a whole community in Igbo land.

So Mr Man your rubbish postulations about Igbo political relevance in tatters blah blah blah is just hollow noise cause once again the average Igbo man or woman save for a few criminals seeking government recognition don't care about your Nigeria or whatever factors at play therein, we just make our money and enrich/enlighten our generations to be self sufficient.

Guy you are real Igbo. In the 80s, my town development unions based in the cities contributed and brought electricity to our town. We were surprised one day when we saw trucks offloading about 8 transformers, electric poles, cables and so on. Incidentally, the then military Governor of Imo State was invited to commission the project executed through self help. Igbos are a progressive people, they don't depend on the government

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 1966 Coup-igbos Vindicated. .. by APCsupporter: 10:02pm On May 22, 2018
LZAA:

Again who is "WE"
Ohhhhh u mean ur caliphate masters
Well their own elders reined them in and cautioned them
Oh btw may 30 is next week and of course u know what that means grin
Cc immhotep iceberg3 DaBullIT pointzerom onyeoga

what's gonna happen on may 30th?

Their leaders were only trying to be politically correct unlike you who were sending chiefs and running away. But the most important thing is that it shows that no body cares whether you stay or not as you have very little contribution to the Nigerian country.

If you disagree then kindly tell me 2 sectors you dominate in Nigeria

PS: Don't mention drugs and baby factories please

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 1966 Coup-igbos Vindicated. .. by LZAA: 10:13pm On May 22, 2018
APCsupporter:

what's gonna happen on may 30th?

Their leaders were only trying to be politically correct unlike you who were sending chiefs and running away. But the most important thing is that it shows that no body cares whether you stay or not as you have very little contribution to the Nigerian country.

If you disagree then kindly tell me 2 sectors you dominate in Nigeria

PS: Don't mention drugs and baby factories please
Entertainment and commerce grin
Too easy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

El-rufai's Son Seats On Table While Talking To A Kaduna Senator / Court Fixes February 21 To Determine Atiku’s Citizenship, Eligibility / Court Extends Order Stopping Buhari, NBC From Shutting Down 53 Stations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.