Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,373 members, 7,958,037 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 07:50 AM

Is It Wrong For A Man To Move Into His Wife's House After Marriage? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Wrong For A Man To Move Into His Wife's House After Marriage? (24262 Views)

Is It Wrong For A Woman To Initiate Conjugal Act In Marriage? / Man Storms His Ex-wife’s House To Retrieve The Car He Bought Her(Video) / Estranged Husband Breaks Into Wife's House And Carts Away All Her Properties (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Wrong For A Man To Move Into His Wife's House After Marriage? by PrimadonnaO(f): 8:52am On May 23, 2018
NdiaraIGBO:

Wow! Please share with us what makes you say this...

Unfortunately, I won't be washing this dirty linen in public.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Man To Move Into His Wife's House After Marriage? by Ugosample(m): 9:00am On May 23, 2018
WhoBeThisMan:
the truth is that bad news travels fast. The bad marriages you hear about in the open, but the good ones keep quite.

Yes you can't have a perfect marriage, thesame way you. Can't have a perfect mother or father or brother or sister, but you don't divouse them. Do you?

There are far more happy marriages in Africa than sad ones. But only the sad ones are talking.

The sad thing is that the bad ones are trying to pull down the good ones with them, because misery loves company

grin grin

Going by your logic, it means that there are more happy marriages in western countries than bad ones grin

It's the bad ones you guys get to hear about lol
Re: Is It Wrong For A Man To Move Into His Wife's House After Marriage? by UjuJoan2: 9:02am On May 23, 2018
Nigerian men are hypocrites!

3 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For A Man To Move Into His Wife's House After Marriage? by GENTLETEE(m): 9:05am On May 23, 2018
Na question be this? Na woman Dey marry man now
Re: Is It Wrong For A Man To Move Into His Wife's House After Marriage? by chisure: 9:05am On May 23, 2018
This is part of the world with their close minded. It will seem wrong especially, if the man is poor.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Man To Move Into His Wife's House After Marriage? by AmazonTopaz(f): 9:08am On May 23, 2018
henroe2k2:
Eketi just dey misyarn. If u let a woman lord over u, ur own don finish be that... Women don't handle power well, they get intoxicated and carried away..
Will you keep quiet?
So people like Idi Amin,Hitler etc are who.Stop deceiving yourself power can intoxicate any gender.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For A Man To Move Into His Wife's House After Marriage? by sigen: 9:08am On May 23, 2018
There's no hard feelings, blessings can come from you or your wife.... There's nothing wrong with that. The two shall become one flesh, is all about both of them.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For A Man To Move Into His Wife's House After Marriage? by jay4rhyme: 9:09am On May 23, 2018
There is nothing wrong with it.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For A Man To Move Into His Wife's House After Marriage? by WhoBeThisMan: 9:12am On May 23, 2018
Ugosample:

grin grin

Going by your logic, it means that there are more happy marriages in western countries than bad ones grin

It's the bad ones you guys get to hear about lol
no western cultures are different. They believe when there is" no love " anymore you divorce. For African culture, marriage is not based on just on the feeling of love. Love goes up and down. You don't love someone thesame way every time.

That's why in Africa, marriage is between families not just you and your" love". So when the love seems to go down, you stay there until.it comes up. Again.

Now this dosnt apply to physically abusive marriages. Those should be desolved.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Man To Move Into His Wife's House After Marriage? by Ugosample(m): 9:21am On May 23, 2018
WhoBeThisMan:
no western cultures are different. They believe when there is" no love " anymore you divorce. For African culture, marriage is not based on just on the feeling of love. Love goes up and down. You don't love someone thesame way every time.

That's why in Africa, marriage is between families not just you and your" love". So when the love seems to go down, you stay there until.it comes up. Again.

Now this dosnt apply to physically abusive marriages. Those should be desolved.

I
LMAO

Western countries are different cheesy grin

I knew you will say that

I still standby my words

There is NOTHING to learn from "African marriages" all be scam

Especially for women.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For A Man To Move Into His Wife's House After Marriage? by AmazonTopaz(f): 9:28am On May 23, 2018
crafteck:
No its not wrong for a man to do that,he can as well do the cooking and cleaning while the wife provides for the family it is wrong for a REAL man to do that though, real men are successful
This is one of the most useless comment Topaz has seen in years.
Real man ko fake man ni.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For A Man To Move Into His Wife's House After Marriage? by WhoBeThisMan: 9:41am On May 23, 2018
Ugosample:

I
LMAO

Western countries are different cheesy grin

I knew you will say that

I still standby my words

There is NOTHING to learn from "African marriages" all be scam

Especially for women.
well I'm beginning to think you have had a terrible experience
Re: Is It Wrong For A Man To Move Into His Wife's House After Marriage? by AmazonTopaz(f): 9:43am On May 23, 2018
Powerexpert:
Some comments here are from people who still lives in their parents house or are not married. Women can be funny anyway especially when they are in power. Though it is also up to you as a man to prove you are responsible as well.
So men are not intoxicated when in power?Tell me something.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For A Man To Move Into His Wife's House After Marriage? by alextobi1247: 9:46am On May 23, 2018
Did she build it? Or its a rented apartment?

If its a rented apartment then the husband takes responsibility of the bill going forward.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Man To Move Into His Wife's House After Marriage? by donqx: 9:50am On May 23, 2018
hmmm
Re: Is It Wrong For A Man To Move Into His Wife's House After Marriage? by AmazonTopaz(f): 9:51am On May 23, 2018
chigoizie7:
Like I read .

Men control power better than women.

Women seek power by all means possible.

Making money and having a lot of money by a lady is just to have power , power from wealth.

Doubt me, as a man, provide ur woman's basic needs and den give her a lot of money, bet me, she won't know what to do with it.

My point is this. When a woman by any chance see herself in place of power, she abuses it very well.

Men and women are fashioned differently.

A man can move into a woman's house, no doubt, but what the woman will do if quarrel ensues will be unthinkable.

Many of us will agree that so many women earn much morethan their husbands. As such their home is being run by most of the woman's income, it doesn't stop her from also having the apartment in her name. But they will prefer it is in a mans name.

The point is , men are egocentric in nature , and women abuse power when given to them to the last. No man would want his ego brought to zero by his wife.

U can try to argue that with me all u can, but it doesn't stop the fact that we are different, so many things happened and we must have to accept them that way, so for us being created differently and to think differently, we just have to accept it. It is just like asking why women must menstruate and men will not have to experience it, that is just how it is, we can't change it.
Stop typing balderdash,This is plain rubbish there is no need to argue with you because your stupid logic as been proven to be illogical.
You basically have no idea that things change and humans evolve.
@the useless power argument you brought up there thankgoodness the like of Robert mugabe,Idi Amin,Adolf Hitler have destroyed your points.
Lastly learn to stop generalizing and gender stereotyping.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For A Man To Move Into His Wife's House After Marriage? by Idrismusty97(m): 10:00am On May 23, 2018
Hanseel1:

Young man I'm a married man and by all standards I'm not a poor man.
Do you live at your wife's house?
Re: Is It Wrong For A Man To Move Into His Wife's House After Marriage? by Powerexpert: 10:12am On May 23, 2018
Power tends to corrupt; absolute power corrupts absolutely
AmazonTopaz:

So men are not intoxicated when in power?Tell me something.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Man To Move Into His Wife's House After Marriage? by Mofpearl: 10:12am On May 23, 2018
I don't see anything wrong with it. If the woman is better off financially and has built her own house, why should the couple spend money renting another apartment? Even if the husband has an apartment but the wife's house is better in terms of amenities, location, and security I don't see an issue with moving the husband moving in with his wife.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For A Man To Move Into His Wife's House After Marriage? by Idrismusty97(m): 10:18am On May 23, 2018
May God don't let me move into a woman's house in Jesus name, Insha allah. If it is a rented house i will swiftly, gladly, thoroughly and immediately take over the paying of rent no matter how broke i am. If it is a house we both built together i can manage somehow but my percentage and efforts in building the house should be more. But moving into a house entirely built by her Mbanu. You can call me Misogynist, Big Ego or whatever but the truth will always be the truth. I have seen too many bad experience to just become one. I start most of my serious relationship from "Friendship", If i noticed you are the type of woman that is controlling and wouldn't want to move from her house we wouldn't be even dating in the first. The best way to avoid a future problem is proactive measures, Not when you are both too lovey-dovey and your judgement is clouded by some love, before you know you living with a woman in her house lol.

There are some things that are simply a Man's responsibility especially in this Africa we are. She doesn't have to sell off the house, she can rent it out and get some good profits from it. In fact i will even support her business without having to gain one kobo for it. Renovates the house if she wants etc But i won't live in the same house and i will make that clear from the start of our relationship jokingly or explicitly so she have the option to opt out of the relationship before it gets too serious.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Man To Move Into His Wife's House After Marriage? by AmazonTopaz(f): 10:30am On May 23, 2018
Powerexpert:
Power tends to corrupt; absolute power corrupts absolutely
With this statement I can conclude you are a sensible man not these men who have unwarranted pride with chauvinistic and misogynistic tendencies.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For A Man To Move Into His Wife's House After Marriage? by MarieSucre(f): 10:34am On May 23, 2018
henroe2k2:
Eketi just dey misyarn. If u let a woman lord over u, ur own don finish be that... Women don't handle power well, they get intoxicated and carried away..
Hanseel1

See ya people. If I call all the men wey no handle power well, you got intoxicate and carried away and caused millions of death, why famine, wiped out ethnicities even in our very own Nigeria here now, you will come and quote me. Warn your guys. He who lives in a glass house...

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For A Man To Move Into His Wife's House After Marriage? by MarieSucre(f): 10:36am On May 23, 2018
ahmedbanj:
If there's love & understanding the man can manage to stay.,but women can still be frustrating at times though!
No offence but from time immemorial a lot of men have been very frustrating to women. Maybe we can use this our advantage and learn Lord not to Lord over each other because of material property.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For A Man To Move Into His Wife's House After Marriage? by MarieSucre(f): 10:37am On May 23, 2018
amdo007:
No. But he needs to respect himself in that house.

Lol, so if it was in his own house he will act anyhow?

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For A Man To Move Into His Wife's House After Marriage? by MarieSucre(f): 10:41am On May 23, 2018
AmazonTopaz:

Stop typing balderdash,This is plain rubbish there is no need to argue with you because your stupid logic as been proven to be illogical.
You basically have no idea that things change and humans evolve.
@the useless power argument you brought up there thankgoodness the like of Robert mugabe,Idi Amin,Adolf Hitler have destroyed your points.
Lastly learn to stop generalizing and gender stereotyping.

Don't mind him. Which of the Nigerian Civil War commanders were women. Some of them were just 26 or 27 years of age when they caused the death of millions. Indeed men handle power better my foot.

Nobody does. Don't throw stones in a glass house.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For A Man To Move Into His Wife's House After Marriage? by MarieSucre(f): 10:42am On May 23, 2018
Idrismusty97:
Do you live at your wife's house?

Must he live at his wife's house to support the notion? Thats like saying one must be Fulani to talk about grazing rights.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For A Man To Move Into His Wife's House After Marriage? by RiyadhGoddess(f): 10:42am On May 23, 2018
[quote author=SamuelAnyawu post=67796086][b]If it is a rented house, we both can look for a new house to rent somewhere grin

If she built it in a town like Abuja grin Omo i go move in sharply if i do not have a rented house in Abuja grin

Marry a Humble Woman like my Idoma fiancee grin

God Bless Benue State my Great Inlaws

God Bless Imo State.

shocked Idoma and Imo?
That means you sabi do that thing ooo
Reminds me of my idoma neighbor now girlfriend and her anambra husband, the husband was always struggling to meet up to her demands. Every 10pm, 2am, 6am, 2pm was never a dulling moment for them. My idoma friend ring tune do keep every tenant in the yard awake. I still wondered how they survived during the hot weather. Chai I miss my yard people o
Re: Is It Wrong For A Man To Move Into His Wife's House After Marriage? by MarieSucre(f): 10:43am On May 23, 2018
Idrismusty97:
May God don't let me move into a woman's house in Jesus name, Insha allah. If it is a rented house i will swiftly, gladly, thoroughly and immediately take over the paying of rent no matter how broke i am. If it is a house we both built together i can manage somehow but my percentage and efforts in building the house should be more. But moving into a house entirely built by her Mbanu. You can call me Misogynist, Big Ego or whatever but the truth will always be the truth. I have seen too many bad experience to just become one. I start most of my serious relationship from "Friendship", If i noticed you are the type of woman that is controlling and wouldn't want to move from her house we wouldn't be even dating in the first. The best way to avoid a future problem is proactive measures, Not when you are both too lovey-dovey and your judgement is clouded by some love, before you know you living with a woman in her house lol.

There are some things that are simply a Man's responsibility especially in this Africa we are. She doesn't have to sell off the house, she can rent it out and get some good profits from it. In fact i will even support her business without having to gain one kobo for it. Renovates the house if she wants etc But i won't live in the same house and i will make that clear from the start of our relationship jokingly or explicitly so she have the option to opt out of the relationship before it gets too serious.

You have seen many situations of controlling women yet none of millions of situations of controlling men enough to post on nairaland. All the ones that threw their wives out with all her property and her children, you didn't see those ones

What manner of selective hypocrisy is this?

4 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For A Man To Move Into His Wife's House After Marriage? by AmazonTopaz(f): 10:43am On May 23, 2018
MarieSucre:

Don't mind him. Which of the Nigerian Civil War commanders were women. Some of them were just 26 or 27 years of age when they caused the death of millions. Indeed men handle power better my foot.

Nobody does. Don't throw stones in a glass house.
That is what some African men say when women are getting to the top.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For A Man To Move Into His Wife's House After Marriage? by MarieSucre(f): 10:47am On May 23, 2018
utenwuson:
Everything thing is wrong with it....

even the Bible condemned it, any man who pays a bride price and move to a woman's house in the name of marriage will loose all the friends he has ever got, no one want to be associated with a sisi.

no woman will respect any man who moves to her house, at any slight provocation she will remind u, u don't even have a voice.

as the saying goes " a man can completely take care of his wife bills for a life time, but when a woman take care of a man bill for a week, the world will hear her murmur.

Please quote the Bible verse or you're a blasphemer. Remember the Bible says in Revelations, I will add to curses of anybody who adds to this book and I will remove from the blessings of anyone who removed from this book. Waiting for this verse.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Man To Move Into His Wife's House After Marriage? by RiyadhGoddess(f): 10:48am On May 23, 2018
[quote author=Emma1Oj post=67796170]if its a rented apartment the man should take responsibility of the rent with immediate effect but if the wife built it with money the woman should handover the document of the house to the man.

Hahahaha I laugh in Arabic language
Re: Is It Wrong For A Man To Move Into His Wife's House After Marriage? by King44(m): 11:02am On May 23, 2018
Hanseel1:
It's only in Nigeria that things like this become a debate.
There's absolutely nothing wrong if you move into your wife's house.
Marriage is all about understanding.

uncivilized Nigerians are already advising the couples to rent out the house while they move to a rented house! who cursed Nigeria?
who's gonna pay the rent if they move into a rented apartment?

is it even sensible for you to move into a rented apartment when you've your own home?

If one could choose where he'd been created on Africa is the last place a sane person will choose..
A useless continent where there are no durable investments in science and technology yet they're debating over a house! later they'll start calling whites racists when they're being mocked.

Smh

Hanseel1:
It's only in Nigeria that things like this become a debate.
There's absolutely nothing wrong if you move into your wife's house.
Marriage is all about understanding.

uncivilized Nigerians are already advising the couples to rent out the house while they move to a rented house! who cursed Nigeria?
who's gonna pay the rent if they move into a rented apartment?

is it even sensible for you to move into a rented apartment when you've your own home?

If one could choose where he'd been created on Africa is the last place a sane person will choose..
A useless continent where there are no durable investments in science and technology yet they're debating over a house! later they'll start calling whites racists when they're being mocked.

Smh
kindly visit this site www.womanwrapper.com, bro I am finding it hard to believe all these, it shows how little you know about women, move in with her and wait till you piss her off the outcome would make you think twice

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Woman Gives Birth To Twins, Needs Help, Rejected By Orphanage Homes In Lagos / Is Ben 10 Cartoon Appropriate For Children? / Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.