Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,672 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:54 PM

My Wife Is Accusing Me Of Distrust But I Am I Over Reacting? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Wife Is Accusing Me Of Distrust But I Am I Over Reacting? (905 Views)

Am I Over Reacting Or This Is Simply Disrespectful / My Husband Is Begging Me To Cover His Shame After Accusing Me Of Infertility For / Drunk Man Sexually Harassed By A Lady. But See How Nigerias Are Reacting Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Wife Is Accusing Me Of Distrust But I Am I Over Reacting? by z11111: 9:09am On May 23, 2018
Good day Jzhane,

So quick one,am not one to write much. My wife left paid employment last year,precisely in July. She wanted to pursue her passion so she set up her own travel agency. She is quite good at what she does and I try to support her in every way that I can. Our  13 years of marriage has been a blessed one. One of the things we always do is tell each other the truth. We made a decision several years ago to always be honest with each other. So to be candid,we have always told each other everything. No secrets.

Recently,she told me she met an old friend of hers who she wants to partner with cos he could bring in alot of deals for her. This friend,works with top people who would always fly so they would need my wife's services. I was excited for her. I asked her how this guy is her friend,she mentioned that they were classmates in the university. They started doing business since November last year and truly,this partnership has really brought in huge deals for my wife. We can say business is really booming.

However,a few days ago,while I was gisting with my wife about her business,she mentioned that she had a meeting with this partner of hers and was saying how nice his....

....read and comment on full story on the blog :

https://livelystones.com.ng/my-wife-is-accusing-me-of-distrust-but-i-am-i-over-reacting/
Re: My Wife Is Accusing Me Of Distrust But I Am I Over Reacting? by neonly: 9:15am On May 23, 2018
Inclusive story bi like dis

Re: My Wife Is Accusing Me Of Distrust But I Am I Over Reacting? by Bluezy13(m): 9:41am On May 23, 2018
Come and finish what you started

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Accusing Me Of Distrust But I Am I Over Reacting? by Dzeimzb: 9:45am On May 23, 2018
grin grin

However,a few days ago,while I was gisting with my wife about her business,she mentioned that she had a meeting with this partner of hers and was saying how nice his home looked. I was surprised. I asked her how come she went to this guy’s house. She said,the guy has an office in his home where he does business sometimes. I asked her how come she never told me she goes to his home office for business. She said she didn’t think it matted cos she actually has mentioned that she has meetings with this guy but it never occurred to me that these meetings were taking place in his ”home” office. I told her I didn’t like the idea of a home office cos I don’t know how trust worthy this guy is. My wife tends to trust people a lot. She defended herself saying the man’s office is a duplex ,the office is down stairs while his family lives upstairs. She mentioned that anytime she meets with him in the home office,they are hardly alone. Either this guy’s staff is there or his wife is.

I trust my wife and I know she is telling the truth and I know she has no intentions to cheat with this guy but somehow,I don’t feel comfortable with her having meetings with this guy in his home office. I asked her to stop meeting with him in his home office. She asked why. I told her I was uncomfortable with it. she said I am over reacting. She is afraid that I might jeopardize this partnership that is bringing her business biggest deals. I really don’t care. I asked her what if he decides to take advantage of her one day in that home office. What if he plots the day his family and staff would not be around to force himself on her. She is quite confident that the guy cannot do that but as a man,I know men…anything is possible when two grown adults of the opposite sex constantly meet in a place like that.

I told my wife to cut off the partnership with this guy and she is upset with me. She is too naive and does not see my point or any risk involved in this partnership. She has not been talking to me for two days now cos of this. She accuses me of not supporting her business ad not trusting her but I am only trying to protect her.

Please I want to ask everyone here,am I over reacting? (My wife is very pretty and attractive, I see how men gaze at her even after four children) I would appreciate your honest and objective views on this matter.

Thank you,

Gary,

Lekki,Lagos
Re: My Wife Is Accusing Me Of Distrust But I Am I Over Reacting? by z11111: 7:39am On May 26, 2018
hmm
Re: My Wife Is Accusing Me Of Distrust But I Am I Over Reacting? by z11111: 10:25pm On May 28, 2018
For your mind ,you be sharp man. Carry on

Dzeimzb:
grin grin

However,a few days ago,while I was gisting with my wife about her business,she mentioned that she had a meeting with this partner of hers and was saying how nice his home looked. I was surprised. I asked her how come she went to this guy’s house. She said,the guy has an office in his home where he does business sometimes. I asked her how come she never told me she goes to his home office for business. She said she didn’t think it matted cos she actually has mentioned that she has meetings with this guy but it never occurred to me that these meetings were taking place in his ”home” office. I told her I didn’t like the idea of a home office cos I don’t know how trust worthy this guy is. My wife tends to trust people a lot. She defended herself saying the man’s office is a duplex ,the office is down stairs while his family lives upstairs. She mentioned that anytime she meets with him in the home office,they are hardly alone. Either this guy’s staff is there or his wife is.

I trust my wife and I know she is telling the truth and I know she has no intentions to cheat with this guy but somehow,I don’t feel comfortable with her having meetings with this guy in his home office. I asked her to stop meeting with him in his home office. She asked why. I told her I was uncomfortable with it. she said I am over reacting. She is afraid that I might jeopardize this partnership that is bringing her business biggest deals. I really don’t care. I asked her what if he decides to take advantage of her one day in that home office. What if he plots the day his family and staff would not be around to force himself on her. She is quite confident that the guy cannot do that but as a man,I know men…anything is possible when two grown adults of the opposite sex constantly meet in a place like that.

I told my wife to cut off the partnership with this guy and she is upset with me. She is too naive and does not see my point or any risk involved in this partnership. She has not been talking to me for two days now cos of this. She accuses me of not supporting her business ad not trusting her but I am only trying to protect her.

Please I want to ask everyone here,am I over reacting? (My wife is very pretty and attractive, I see how men gaze at her even after four children) I would appreciate your honest and objective views on this matter.

Thank you,

Gary,

Lekki,Lagos
Re: My Wife Is Accusing Me Of Distrust But I Am I Over Reacting? by Nobody: 10:48pm On May 28, 2018
Dzeimzb:
grin grin

Thank you,

Gary,

Lekki,Lagos

CarlosTheJackal what do you think?
Re: My Wife Is Accusing Me Of Distrust But I Am I Over Reacting? by CarlosTheJackal: 11:26pm On May 28, 2018
LivingFree:

CarlosTheJackal what do you think?
I think the Op is really over reacting. Sometimes a little bit of trust is all we need to make our relationship or marriage blissful.

If my wife doesn't have tendency to cheat and she has passion for her biz, why should i be a clog in her wheel of progress.

REVERSAL OF MY OPINION.
Women can be so emotional for success tha they won't know when the line gets blurred between work and emotions. I think the Op has every right to be suspicious because Trust went with the Beatles with great hits so being wary and asking questions or entertaining fears might be the only thing to keep the Op's wife that the Eyes of Sauron is watching her every step. Being paranoid should be the only thing that keeos the Op sanity
Re: My Wife Is Accusing Me Of Distrust But I Am I Over Reacting? by Nobody: 1:56am On May 29, 2018
CarlosTheJackal:
I think the Op is really over reacting. Sometimes a little bit of trust is all we need to make our relationship or marriage blissful.

If my wife doesn't have tendency to cheat and she has passion for her biz, why should i be a clog in her wheel of progress.

REVERSAL OF MY OPINION.
Women can be so emotional for success tha they won't know when the line gets blurred between work and emotions. I think the Op has every right to be suspicious because Trust went with the Beatles with great hits so being wary and asking questions or entertaining fears might be the only thing to keep the Op's wife that the Eyes of Sauron is watching her every step. Being paranoid should be the only thing that keeos the Op sanity

I think op is being realistic, I don't feel that's a comfortable situation to work in.

I am team 'live within your means' because you don't know how much it might cost you later on after the interest has been added (that's an analogy, so stay with me).
The work environment is as important as the job itself. How do you think I would feel if my husband told me that a Rich, Powerful Woman, is his boss and he has to work from her 'home-office' and he tops it off with; and her husband will be around sometimes.

*kuku grab the garri, and the groundnut*

I can't deal so I can't dish this.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Accusing Me Of Distrust But I Am I Over Reacting? by z11111: 10:57am On May 29, 2018
hmm
Re: My Wife Is Accusing Me Of Distrust But I Am I Over Reacting? by Beke2020: 4:17pm On May 29, 2018
i like this
CarlosTheJackal:

REVERSAL OF MY OPINION.
Re: My Wife Is Accusing Me Of Distrust But I Am I Over Reacting? by z11111: 9:29am On Jun 03, 2018
Hmm

(1) (Reply)

Today was igbo day celebration at Federal University Kashere Gombe state / I Found No Fun In Sex / Should You Accept A Gift From An Ex While In A New Relationship?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.