Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,084 members, 7,818,245 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:05 AM

Tarkwa Bay Island In 2018 – Shocking Story Of An Amazing Community - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Tarkwa Bay Island In 2018 – Shocking Story Of An Amazing Community (35169 Views)

Tarkwa Bay Beach Island In Lagos (Photos) / A Day At Tarkwa Bay Beach / ₦163b, 19floors Into The Ground, China To Open Groundscraper Hotel In 2018(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tarkwa Bay Island In 2018 – Shocking Story Of An Amazing Community by Nobody: 4:15pm On May 23, 2018
kagari:
i fell in love with Tarkwa bay the very first day i went there years back, that i had to write a poem about the place

TARKWA BAY

Out in the outskirts of Lagos bay
The sound of rumble, the waters rage
Over and over, the movements pave
In the sea of Tarkwa bay

Watch and look, a sight to behold
The rhythm of the waters and boat
Fresh and salty, a textured coat
In the sea of Tarkwa bay

Dusk to dawn, the waters clashes familiar
The bane of H2O's unit formula
Home to the beauty of sea mammalians
In the sea of Tarkwa bay

I love to sit and watch you flow
But surely i would sometime go
Certainly the world must come to know
Of the sea of Tarkwa bay

i wrote this in 2010
How do i get to takwa from Ojuelegba?
Re: Tarkwa Bay Island In 2018 – Shocking Story Of An Amazing Community by kagari: 4:22pm On May 23, 2018
lostluggage:

How do i get to takwa from Ojuelegba?

Enter brt bus and stop at cms, the boat terminal is there. Board a boat going to tarkwa bay. Just so you enjoy yourself, go on saturday or sunday

2 Likes

Re: Tarkwa Bay Island In 2018 – Shocking Story Of An Amazing Community by Nobody: 4:25pm On May 23, 2018
Tarkwa Bay is only safe in the daytime-early dusk. The blogger is also very wrong; Tarkwa Bay is a sex haven. You will find sex workers as young as 14 there. You will also find mothers as young as 16. A lot of drug dealers also use here as a transit point. The beach us beautiful no doubt, but that's where it ends.

The government is spending billions of Dollars at the Eko Atlantic City but Tarkwa is less than a nautical mile away, rotting away.
Re: Tarkwa Bay Island In 2018 – Shocking Story Of An Amazing Community by jaymichael(m): 4:42pm On May 23, 2018
deturla, you want to tell me that you visited tarkwabay and you did not visit the lighthouse? you did not take a hike to Abagbo community close to tarkwabay? You did not take it further by following the NNPC pipeline and hiking to Tomaro community? No tell me say you waste that visit o. The beauty of these islands lies hidden away from the well troded paths.
You gave a accurate description of the island. I have discussed and posted on this thread to correct an error made by a media publication about tarkwabay and tomaro islands. (you will remember my posts on that tomaro thread na)
I am glad I live on the other side of Lagos a lot of Lagosians will never get to see.
Good work you are doing.

1 Like

Re: Tarkwa Bay Island In 2018 – Shocking Story Of An Amazing Community by Mizwisdom(f): 5:06pm On May 23, 2018
Futureberry:
absolute trash...government abandoned them...yet i can see public water tanks there...you talk of public toilet... where in lagos state can you get access to public toilet ...church and ngo coming to their aid...you mean using them for personal gains...because i did not see any projects constructed by any church or NGO in your post...stop playing politics with your post...if not,your blog will die like a candle.

There are public toilets but one will need to pay a token to gain access to them. Most eateries and restaurants are used instead

Do you need books? Send me an email at orderbooksng@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Tarkwa Bay Island In 2018 – Shocking Story Of An Amazing Community by Sirfeeking(m): 5:17pm On May 23, 2018
hefelove:
How can i get to this place nd how much is the entrance fee?
In addition to @Kagari post,10 000 naira is enough if you reside on the island or mainland.

2k for the boat fee(to...and fro is 4k)
5k for a sit.

Cheers.
Re: Tarkwa Bay Island In 2018 – Shocking Story Of An Amazing Community by deturla: 5:21pm On May 23, 2018
jaymichael:
deturla, you want to tell me that you visited tarkwabay and you did not visit the lighthouse? you did not take a hike to Abagbo community close to tarkwabay? You did not take it further by following the NNPC pipeline and hiking to Tomaro community? No tell me say you waste that visit o. The beauty of these islands lies hidden away from the well troded paths.
You gave a accurate description of the island. I have discussed and posted on this thread to correct an error made by a media publication about tarkwabay and tomaro islands. (you will remember my posts on that tomaro thread na)
I am glad I live on the other side of Lagos a lot of Lagosians will never get to see.
Good work you are doing.

Hi.

Wanted to reach out to you before embarking on the documentary trip, but could not find your mobile number anymore.

We wanted to reach the NNPC pipelines but we were informed that these places were heavily guarded with huge presence of the Nigerian Military on there.

Remember the pipeline blast that happened years back? We thought otherwise.

Meanwhile this documentary caught the eye of some willing investors online. We will be heading back to Tarkwa soon enough and hopefully I get to visit these mentioned places.

Many thanks for your feedback. Cheers.

2 Likes

Re: Tarkwa Bay Island In 2018 – Shocking Story Of An Amazing Community by Ayobami7(m): 5:46pm On May 23, 2018
Noted
Re: Tarkwa Bay Island In 2018 – Shocking Story Of An Amazing Community by akikanju(m): 6:22pm On May 23, 2018
Futureberry:
absolute trash...government abandoned them...yet i can see public water tanks there...you talk of public toilet....where in lagos state can you get access to public toilet...church and ngo coming to their aid...you mean using them for personal gains...because i did not see any projects constructed by any church or NGO in your post...stop playing politics with your post...if not,your blog will die like a candle.
What exactly is your problem?

1 Like

Re: Tarkwa Bay Island In 2018 – Shocking Story Of An Amazing Community by jaymichael(m): 6:31pm On May 23, 2018
deturla:

Hi.

Wanted to reach out to you before embarking on the documentary trip, but could not find your mobile number anymore.

We wanted to reach the NNPC pipelines but we were informed that these places were heavily guarded with huge presence of the Nigerian Military on there.

Remember the pipeline blast that happened years back? We thought otherwise.

Meanwhile this documentary caught the eye of some willing investors online. We will be heading back to Tarkwa soon enough and hopefully I get to visit these mentioned places.

Many thanks for your feedback. Cheers.
Yeah the pipeline is heavily guarded but they know the trouble makers. People still pass there as the pipeline is constrcted on a trail that links communities for ages. My number is 08028659866.
Re: Tarkwa Bay Island In 2018 – Shocking Story Of An Amazing Community by kagari: 6:49pm On May 23, 2018
Sirfeeking:
In addition to @Kagari post,10 000 naira is enough if you reside on the island or mainland.

5k for a sit.

Cheers.

My bro boat fee to and fro shouldnt be more than 600 naira

1 Like

Re: Tarkwa Bay Island In 2018 – Shocking Story Of An Amazing Community by GuntersChain(m): 8:19pm On May 23, 2018
i miss this place a lot but the only thing na the speed boat to reach the place. different kind of people come around to entertain, you will see original dreadlocks and men speaking patua.

1 Like

Re: Tarkwa Bay Island In 2018 – Shocking Story Of An Amazing Community by Sirfeeking(m): 8:54pm On May 23, 2018
kagari:

Bro the one I always take from marina is 2k per head.
Re: Tarkwa Bay Island In 2018 – Shocking Story Of An Amazing Community by agwaisrael(m): 9:23pm On May 23, 2018
Futureberry:
absolute trash...government abandoned them...yet i can see public water tanks there...you talk of public toilet....where in lagos state can you get access to public toilet...church and ngo coming to their aid...you mean using them for personal gains...because i did not see any projects constructed by any church or NGO in your post...stop playing politics with your post...if not,your blog will die like a candle.

I hate this thing enhhhh. It's common sense for us to assume you are referring to this post. You do not have to quote this especially long post
Re: Tarkwa Bay Island In 2018 – Shocking Story Of An Amazing Community by BaddaMan: 10:51pm On May 23, 2018
Futureberry:

I was at the island last year and I can tell you this the government didn’t neglect them intact I heard a story of how ex governor of Lagos state wife gave a lot of money to the elders to build a modernized hospital but they didn’t they just build a quack one, must of the elders at the village are corrupt

1 Like

Re: Tarkwa Bay Island In 2018 – Shocking Story Of An Amazing Community by charlesm91(m): 11:27pm On May 23, 2018
kagari:

I paid 750 going and 500 coming back. That was on may 1st.

1 Like

Re: Tarkwa Bay Island In 2018 – Shocking Story Of An Amazing Community by hefelove(m): 6:44am On May 24, 2018
Sirfeeking:

5k for a sit.

Cheers.
where do they board the boat?
Re: Tarkwa Bay Island In 2018 – Shocking Story Of An Amazing Community by hefelove(m): 6:47am On May 24, 2018
kagari:

where do they enter the boat? Is there gate fee also
Re: Tarkwa Bay Island In 2018 – Shocking Story Of An Amazing Community by JayPeeOham: 6:50am On May 24, 2018
That's why we need Donald Duke as President in 2019.......by the way what's the meaning of Tarkwa in Yoruba? Coz I thought this island Was in the North

1 Like

Re: Tarkwa Bay Island In 2018 – Shocking Story Of An Amazing Community by nowpresence(f): 8:27am On May 24, 2018
what language is spoken there?
Re: Tarkwa Bay Island In 2018 – Shocking Story Of An Amazing Community by Sirfeeking(m): 2:01pm On May 24, 2018
hefelove:

where do they board the boat?
After bonny camp,there are soldiers are the entrance.They usually collect 500 naira from anyone with a vehicle.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tarkwa Bay Island In 2018 – Shocking Story Of An Amazing Community by Affordablerent: 8:18pm On May 24, 2018
Sirfeeking:

5k for a sit.

Cheers.

A trip there is not more than N1300 max any route. Do you think the locals can afford to pay that much just to come to town? There are people who live there and school or work in town. Stop at Army mess under bridge

Affordable rent in Lagos available

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ibadan: Completed 7.3 Km Agodi Gate-old Ife Road-adegbayi Junction(pics) / Inter State Movement May Resume June 21 - Bashir Ahmad / Corruption In The Nigerian International Passport Process (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.