Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,885 members, 7,817,610 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:26 PM

A Day At Tarkwa Bay Beach - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Day At Tarkwa Bay Beach (34439 Views)

Daycation At Tarkwa Bay Beach, Lagos / Tarkwa Bay Beach Island In Lagos (Photos) / Tarkwa Bay Island In 2018 – Shocking Story Of An Amazing Community (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Day At Tarkwa Bay Beach by nonye6194: 1:17am On Jul 19, 2019
The beach is unarguably one of the best places to go to and have fun. And Lagos happens to have so many of them for endless visitors and residents. I happened to visit one with my travel friends back in March, 2019 and we opted for the Tarkwa Bay Beach.

The Tarkwa Bay beach is located at Onisowo island community, commonly referred to as ‘Snake Island’ about 15 minutes away from Lagos island. I made a hiking trip through the snake island back in April and wrote about the experience. For those who it might interest, here's the link: https://www.nairaland.com/5256746/hiking-experience-snake-island

So let’s begin, shall we ? smiley

We converged at the popular CMS bus stop at about 11am from where we walked down to the Lagos-Apapa Ferry Service Station which is located beside the pedestrian bridge after the CMS bus stop.

Due to the existence of other buildings and structures, locating the station might be a bit difficult for a new goer. So its advisable to always ask around after crossing the bridge to the other side facing the sea.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: A Day At Tarkwa Bay Beach by nonye6194: 1:18am On Jul 19, 2019
At the station, we read the trip shedule and realized we just missed the last ferry to tarkwa bay by 3 minutes. We even saw the ferry sailing away from us from where we stood ☹.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Day At Tarkwa Bay Beach by nonye6194: 1:21am On Jul 19, 2019
Stuck between waiting for the next ferry in 2 hours or boarding a boat, we choose the latter. We realised most jetty rides from this terminal were to Apapa due to the frequent passengers going there. Tarkwa Bay is popular only on weekends when fun seekers and tourists troop for weekend getaways.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Day At Tarkwa Bay Beach by nonye6194: 1:21am On Jul 19, 2019
We boarded the next boat bound for the island and paid the boat fare of N300 per person. Then we strapped on our safety jackets and in no time, our boat engine roared to life and we were off sailing cheesy.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Day At Tarkwa Bay Beach by nonye6194: 1:24am On Jul 19, 2019
Some of us were having their first ever boat rides and it was quite the experience. If you haven’t experienced one before, you can opt for it when coming to the Bay or destination else that requires water transportation to get to.

We arrived the Tarkwa Bay Boat Jetty and took a short 5 minutes walk through the village before reaching the beach.

5 Likes

Re: A Day At Tarkwa Bay Beach by nonye6194: 1:26am On Jul 19, 2019
You can choose to take a boat ride to the beach directly instead of going through the village, which would cost you a little more. We had to go through the community to have a feel of life and activities on this island. We were lucky to meet a boy who volunteered to show us the way to the beach up to a point where we could see the shoreline.

On arriving, we proceeded to pay the entry fee which was N200 per person.

6 Likes

Re: A Day At Tarkwa Bay Beach by nonye6194: 1:28am On Jul 19, 2019
Afterwards, we picked our choice tent and bargained with the owner for a decent price. At the end, we paid N1500 for the tent, table and 3 chairs. We settled down, changed into more comfortable wears before launching into the water.

Enough talking, just enjoy !

5 Likes

Re: A Day At Tarkwa Bay Beach by BiafranBushBoy: 1:29am On Jul 19, 2019
Na your first time?

Beach wey Don cast. Lol

19 Likes

Re: A Day At Tarkwa Bay Beach by nonye6194: 1:30am On Jul 19, 2019
Time to get into that water!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Day At Tarkwa Bay Beach by nonye6194: 1:32am On Jul 19, 2019
Tarkwa Bay Beach is a destination point every tourist or fun seeker in Lagos should visit. The beach is well maintained by the host community and the surroundings offer a beautiful scenery for photo and even video shoots.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Day At Tarkwa Bay Beach by nonye6194: 1:33am On Jul 19, 2019
There are also beach houses along the shore for those planning a weekend or vacation there.

Plus the beach offers a beautiful view of the Eko Atlantic for your viewing and backdrop for pictures cool

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Day At Tarkwa Bay Beach by nonye6194: 1:34am On Jul 19, 2019
There are fun beach activities one can take part in with friends such as volleyball, quad bike ride, beach ball, horse ride, swing, etc. There are provisions for this and more, at affordable rates.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Day At Tarkwa Bay Beach by nonye6194: 1:36am On Jul 19, 2019
We spent the rest of the day basking in the sun and soaking up in the euphoria of the beach. We didnt leave until evening and we hope on returning back there soon smiley.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Day At Tarkwa Bay Beach by nonye6194: 1:46am On Jul 19, 2019
Lest I forget. Last time I made a tribute to our dearest lalasticlala on the beach with sand drawing of the unofficial pet of NL. Many folks complained it was an anorexic snake. I had to use this opportunity to make amends for last time grin

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Day At Tarkwa Bay Beach by nonye6194: 1:47am On Jul 19, 2019
Have you been to the Tarkwa Bay Beach before? Let us hear about your own experience.

If you haven’t, let us know what you think. And also, we welcome questions and etc in the comments section below.

Ciao

We made a video of our trip for you guys. Like and subscribe to our page, thank you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opzB42I0e5Y

7 Likes

Re: A Day At Tarkwa Bay Beach by nonye6194: 1:51am On Jul 19, 2019
Cc lalasticlala Dominique mynd44 seun explorers
Amakavula

While at it, you can read about my other trips below;

1. Hiking through the Snake Island:

https://www.nairaland.com/5256746/hiking-experience-snake-island

2. Lekki conservation center (LCC):
https://20somethingsteps.travel.blog/2019/12/25/about-our-trip-to-the-lekki-conservation-center-lcc/

3. Nike art gallery :
https://20somethingsteps.travel.blog/2019/12/18/everything-art-about-our-visit-to-the-nike-art-gallery/

4. Johnson Jakande Tinubu (JJT) Park, Ikeja:
https://20somethingsteps.travel.blog/2019/12/24/a-visit-to-johnson-jakande-tinubu-jjt-recreational-park/

5 Freedom Park (formerly Her Majesty's Broad Street Prison) :
https://20somethingsteps.travel.blog/2019/12/09/prison-to-park-a-solo-trip-to-freedom-park-formerly-her-majestys-broad-street-prison/

And follow us on
IG: @20somethingsteps

and visit our blog: https://20somethingsteps.travel.blog/ to read other about other trips follow up on future ones.

Ciao

12 Likes

Re: A Day At Tarkwa Bay Beach by Nobody: 4:37am On Jul 19, 2019
cheesy
Re: A Day At Tarkwa Bay Beach by Explorers(m): 5:20am On Jul 19, 2019
Cool.

6 Likes

Re: A Day At Tarkwa Bay Beach by WorWorBoy: 5:27am On Jul 19, 2019
cool cool Anytime I'm in Lag I'll visit.

3 Likes

Re: A Day At Tarkwa Bay Beach by Tamey(f): 6:15am On Jul 19, 2019
Explorers:
Cool.

Good morning bro, please can we talk?
Re: A Day At Tarkwa Bay Beach by ayandee: 7:50am On Jul 19, 2019
nonye6194:
Have you been to the Tarkwa Bay Beach before? Let us hear about your own experience.

If you haven’t, let us know what you think. And also, we welcome questions and etc in the comments section below.

Ciao
i visited the Takwa bay beach in 1992 during àn excursion trip. I was in J.ss1 then. We boarded a ship (Yes it was a ship). We went through Snake Island, Ogogoro village. There was a tour guide on the ship doing the narration. The beach was pristine. We had so much fun that i came down with a fever and couldnt go to school for the next 2 or 3days. It was organised by the social studies teacher. Each student paid N100. It was well-planned. Teachers were really committed then.

48 Likes

Re: A Day At Tarkwa Bay Beach by Austine567(m): 8:45am On Jul 19, 2019
when you use the word we" who and who are you referring to?

2 Likes

Re: A Day At Tarkwa Bay Beach by dewhaley: 9:50am On Jul 19, 2019
Nice
Re: A Day At Tarkwa Bay Beach by nonye6194: 10:00am On Jul 19, 2019
ayandee:
i visited the Takwa bay beach in 1992 during àn excursion trip. I was in J.ss1 then. We boarded a ship (Yes it was a ship). We went through Snake Island, Ogogoro village. There was a tour guide on the ship doing the narration. The beach was pristine. We had so much fun that i came down with a fever and couldnt go to school for the next 2 or 3days. It was organised by the social studies teacher. Each student paid N100. It was well-planned. Teachers were really committed then.

92 dem never born me.

Respect sir!

23 Likes

Re: A Day At Tarkwa Bay Beach by nonye6194: 10:01am On Jul 19, 2019
Explorers:
Cool.

The zaddy himself. It's explorers y'all!

2 Likes

Re: A Day At Tarkwa Bay Beach by nonye6194: 10:02am On Jul 19, 2019
Austine567:
when you use the word we" who and who are you referring to?

In the pictures, you'd notice recurring faces. 3 of em, that's the 'we' in referring to smiley

2 Likes

Re: A Day At Tarkwa Bay Beach by dexcira(f): 11:59am On Jul 19, 2019
cheesy cheesy cheesy fulfilled
We sell affordable lands in Lagos. Check my signature for ongoing promo
Re: A Day At Tarkwa Bay Beach by ruggedtimi(m): 11:59am On Jul 19, 2019
memories of my childhood..I have family on that island, went to sea-school training at tarkwa bay

12 Likes

Re: A Day At Tarkwa Bay Beach by Richdad50(m): 11:59am On Jul 19, 2019
shocked

A diary of a non-tourist and an overly excited firstimer.

Richdad

3 Likes

Re: A Day At Tarkwa Bay Beach by Nobody: 11:59am On Jul 19, 2019
Tarkwa Bay is my beach for life. But those stones you were playing beside are mad slippery o, I hope you didn't fall?

6 Likes

Re: A Day At Tarkwa Bay Beach by Mallamjp(m): 11:59am On Jul 19, 2019
Wonderful
Re: A Day At Tarkwa Bay Beach by Rosarie(f): 12:00pm On Jul 19, 2019
Calm and serene.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

**** Any Nigerian In Seychelles **** / Three Men Die In Benue Accident (PHOTOS) / Nigerian Major Cities & The Year They Were Founded (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.