Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,323 members, 7,819,103 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:22 AM

Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup - Sports (41) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup (86737 Views)

Poll: Predict the results of Nigeria's match versus Argentina.

Nigeria wins!: 51% (179 votes)
Draw: 21% (75 votes)
Argentina wins!: 26% (93 votes)
This poll has ended

Nigeria Vs Germany: U20 World Cup (0 - 1) On 11th June 2015 / 2014 WC Qualifier : Malawi Vs Nigeria (1 - 1) On June 9 2012 / Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (87) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by nateevs(m): 5:09pm On Jun 12, 2010
Sagamite:

Unflipping believeable!

You see what I am talking about?

Please someone tell me if they have seen much difference in this team based on this game from when it was under Amodu.

But when they see white, they give seal of approval.

Unflipping believeable!

Argentina dominate and could easily have scored 4 or 5 or 6. At best we would score 2.

You are just being overly critical. . .
What would we have done if we had Yakubu Messi, Obinna Tevez and Osaze Higuain. . . ?
You think we won't beat them black an blue?
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by abhosts(m): 5:10pm On Jun 12, 2010
Honestly, the Eagles Performed Beyond Expectation.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Kgdavid(m): 5:10pm On Jun 12, 2010
nigeria lost today because our players are of inferior stock. particularly the midfielders, this is where one begins to appreciate mikel, when etuhu and kaita are getting run over anyhow. if i ever had doubts about the quality of enyeama they have been wiped away today. i can see no one wants to give yakubu his due, the man was great today, welcome back yak. i keep saying that if only odemwingie, haruna, uche and martins start together we willl see wonders from the team. i guess lagerback wanted to keep things tight defensively. well all in all its pretty much what i expected from a nigeria argentina game. did anyone else notice that samuels fouled obasi in the build up to their goal? he might have been in a position to defend that ball was he not held back. looks like taye is out of the world cup with that injury cry cry cry anyway there is hope but i must say i fear the south koreans a bit. very fast style of play that the likes of etuhu and kaita will struggle with
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Sauron1: 5:10pm On Jun 12, 2010
Krayola:

Lagerback had about a month to put this team together. I think he has done a decent job.

More than a decent job.
The tactical side was superb but the players asked to execute the plan were lethargic.
Odiah kept giving the ball away. . . . . . .Odemwingie cannot use his left foot, Kaita is an ape and Taiye Taiwo has no football sense.
There's nothing Lagerback can do to sort those. . . . . .Managers don't teach players basic skills.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by daniellle(f): 5:10pm On Jun 12, 2010
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Sagamite(m): 5:11pm On Jun 12, 2010
mikeansy:

Our players were scared even before the whitsle was blown

I am sorry there is no point hiring Lagerback. He did not show any tactical expertise at all.

Amodu would have produced this kind of performance

Siasia would have produced a better performance

So what was the point of Lagerback.

He does not even know our best players.

[size=18pt]THANK YOU!![/size]

They now start talking like if this was some improvement.

WHATAJOOOOOOKE!
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by walttt(m): 5:11pm On Jun 12, 2010
shouldnt  be too diff whooping the Greeks n Koreans, what with our performance,
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by ayo84(m): 5:11pm On Jun 12, 2010
these boys lack confidence,i have always said it we need a coach like samson siasia who would motivate these players, they should have drafted siasia into this team to motivate the players, they are capable but appear to be timid
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by shilling(f): 5:11pm On Jun 12, 2010
I feel different after this game. . . don't know if it's a good or bad different yet.

Krayola:

Lagerback had about a month to put this team together. I think he has done a decent job.
Yeah, I'm sure we've all seen Naija play faaar worse than today.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by shilling(f): 5:12pm On Jun 12, 2010
Sagamite:

WHATAJOOOOOOKE!

I think so too!!
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by dayokanu(m): 5:12pm On Jun 12, 2010
Some of our players are not National Team quality.
Odiah, Kaita and Haruna are useless players.

I agree with Odiah but Kaita and Haruna did well. Kaita even deputized for Taiwo as LB and didnt put a foot wrong

Osaze and Martins should sort themselves out.
Martins coulda scored if Osaze had passed to him quicker. . . .

Agreed. With better composure we coulda copped the odd goal

The gutless performance wasn't Lagerback's fault.
His structure was alright but some of our players were lethargic.

This was a vast improvement over the Nigerian team of past. Props to Lagerback

I had lost all hopes in Naija footie for 12 years but I saw reasons to be hopeful today.

Lagerback made the changes and you could tell the impact straightaway.
Amodu would wait till the 90th minute, chewing his cud like a ruminant animal.

Were you listening to my phone call to TKB just now? You repeated the words I said exactly.

I would sue your as-s for plagiarism grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by BabaIbeji: 5:12pm On Jun 12, 2010
Well, that was that.  (1) I really hope they address the issue of urgency with this team.  I dont understand how we are done 1 nil and the players were just watching the Argentines play tap tap soccer. (2) Enyeama, you have earned your world cup bonus and your plot of land in Abuja. (3) the bad is that we lost. The good is that this was one of the more inspired performances i have seen from this team. they have gotten better with each game under lagerback.  We will see what they do against Greece.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by bgees(m): 5:12pm On Jun 12, 2010
~Sauron~:

Our best SE team lost to Argentina in 1994 so Lagerback did well. . . . . .
No one really expected us to beat Argentina with this side - all we asked for was to COMPETE and i think the boys turned it ON late in the game.
It was a LOSS quite alright but i don't think Amodu woulda done better.

A cud-chewing Amodu Shuiabu wouldnt have made the changes that brought the best out of our game.

cheesy cheesy

I saw an highly improved Super Eagles team today, though I think he did not start with the right players, his substitutions were good.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Gayigaskia(m): 5:12pm On Jun 12, 2010
Quote from: mikeansy on Today at 04:55:53 PM
Our players were scared even before the whitsle was blown

I am sorry there is no point hiring Lagerback. He did not show any tactical expertise at all.

Amodu would have produced this kind of performance

Siasia would have produced a better performance

So what was the point of Lagerback.

He does not even know our best players.

THANK YOU!!

WHATAJOOOOOOKE

Amadu would have selected different players like Olinfi and nwaneri
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by sulad82i(m): 5:13pm On Jun 12, 2010
If 9ja fail me, I  have other nations to support.
USA - my naturalize country
Cameroun - My gf's country

Hope one of the other 2 performs

Warning - while you were reading 77 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Tochi3(m): 5:13pm On Jun 12, 2010
They lack absolute confidence. Unfortunately they worsened it,  being too greedy with the ball.
Except the one and only Eyeama
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Sagamite(m): 5:14pm On Jun 12, 2010
Ibime:

Thank God say dem no spell Naija.

I still maintain that if we play 4-3-3 with Obasi and Odemwingie running at Gutierrez and Heinze, we could have troubled them.

What is your analysis of team play and coherence?
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by nateevs(m): 5:14pm On Jun 12, 2010
Sagamite:

WHATAJOOOOOOKE!

Bullshit. . . Amodu had years to get to where we were b4 Lars. .
How do you think we would have fared if we had Lars for 2 years. .
What is Amodu's greatest achievement in football. .?
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by cold(m): 5:15pm On Jun 12, 2010
Sagamite:

WHATAJOOOOOOKE!
This is by far a better improved side from the ANC side abeg
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Bawses(m): 5:15pm On Jun 12, 2010
@ Sagamite whose pay role are you on
Don't get where ur coming from. For crying out loud these guys played well, u can't compare the quality
of our players with theirs. We were not disgraced as a lot of people predicted.
A huge pat on the back for Largerback, his substitutions were on point, so give the man credit and stop
all these ur whiteman black man issue as coach. Amodu wouldn't ave done half as good. WORD!!!
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by mojounited(m): 5:15pm On Jun 12, 2010
Now we can all see for ourselves, In some other thread, people were comparing Haruna with Mikel; as seen in today's match, Haruna did not do shyte (albeit i would put much blame on the whole team), he couldn't boss the midfield as compared to how people hail him to be doing, there was no coordination in the midfield whatsoever and the marking was just laughable. tongue cry

I stand to be corrected, but if Mikel was in that midfield, we would have @least seen long lampard-like passes being sprayed to unmarked wingers on several occasions and thru passes to strikers. embarassed

Typical Nigerian players, everyone strolling round the pitch; no urgency in their play whatsoever save for Enyeama (our saviour) and martins. Osaze disappointed today as well, mtcheeeeeew  *long hissundecided

*grabs a bottle of henessy - I'm so gonna dring to stupor
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by ayo84(m): 5:16pm On Jun 12, 2010
now we are back to prayers, praying that we beat south korea and greece,this boys played rubbish football,all they needed was a little motivation,which i doubt largerback gave them
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by HNIC(m): 5:17pm On Jun 12, 2010
Some pips are just overtly critical
You played against Messi,Higuain,Tevez and co
I saw Shittu bomb forward in a game that had all dem superstars!
Was someone insulting Yak here?
Did u know?
I didn't know Di Maria was on the pitch until he was subbed
Come on,we lost to Argentina not Papua New Guinea
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Sauron1: 5:18pm On Jun 12, 2010
bgees:

cheesy cheesy
I saw an highly improved Super Eagles team today, though I think he did  not start with the right players, his substitutions were good.

He started with the right players.
If we didn't concede that soft goal early in the game, you woulda seen a better first half.
The plan was to contain the Argentines in the first half and hit em in the 2nd half after their geriatric defenders musta been knackered.

He left Martins and Odemwingie on the bench for that purpose. . . . .
As soon as that plan failed, he brought out his plan B quickly(unlike Amodu whose plan B is in the 88th minute).
Lagerback lost to Argentina 0-1. . . . . . .Amodu lost scandalously to Egypt 1-3. I know who the better manager is.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Sagamite(m): 5:18pm On Jun 12, 2010
AjanleKoko:

Dude, we are not the happiest people in the world for nothing!

No, AjanleKoko, this is shocking.

These boys played heart attack football for 70 mins with the keeper saving them from a slaughter of 5 goals. They turn around and say the WHITE coach did very well.

Conceding a completely hopeless goal.

But when the team plays the same way under Amodu, he has no tactical nuances.  grin

I know you hate me when I insult, but can you see why now?
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Dauchman(m): 5:18pm On Jun 12, 2010
@Sagamite  There you go again, i really doubt you watched the match with an open mind. Even here in Canada people are wondering how the eagles could have changed so quick. Lagerbeer has really shown he is worth his onions and with more time he can achieve the same feat as Westerhof. The only problem i saw with this team today was that they were timid at the beginning. and they are not fast also. Lets see how the rest of the tournament goes.

Enyeama deserves the man of match for his outstanding performance. Good luck eagles.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by desthan(m): 5:18pm On Jun 12, 2010
can't understand why lagerbeer did not start martin and osazie in the begining
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Gayigaskia(m): 5:19pm On Jun 12, 2010
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
now we are back to prayers, praying that we beat south korea and greece,this boys played rubbish football,all they needed was a little motivation,which i doubt largerback gave them

considering they play Argentina i really think they did great
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Fiscabally(m): 5:19pm On Jun 12, 2010
Enyeama did pretty well,and d team really did improve under lagerback,bt we're unlucky
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Fiscabally(m): 5:19pm On Jun 12, 2010
Enyeama did pretty well,and d team really did improve under lagerback,bt we're unlucky
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Fiscabally(m): 5:20pm On Jun 12, 2010
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by nateevs(m): 5:20pm On Jun 12, 2010
Sagamite:

No, AjanleKoko, this is shocking.

These boys played heart attack football for 70 mins with the keeper saving them from a slaughter of 5 goals. They turn around and say the WHITE coach did very well.

Conceding a completely hopeless goal.

But when the team plays the same way under Amodu, he has no tactical nuances.  grin

I know you hate me when I insult, but can you see why now?

Bros we lost to Argentina . . . Argentina for heaven's sake. . .
What is your problem?

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (87) (Reply)

Maradona Kissing A Blonde Lady In Stadium While France Thrashed Argentina / Female MTN Marathon Runner Pulled Down Her Pants Midway While Running (photos) / Aftermath Of Super Eagles World Cup Qualification: 10 Funny Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.