Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,971 members, 7,825,037 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:24 AM

Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup - Sports (42) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup (86843 Views)

Poll: Predict the results of Nigeria's match versus Argentina.

Nigeria wins!: 51% (179 votes)
Draw: 21% (75 votes)
Argentina wins!: 26% (93 votes)
This poll has ended

Nigeria Vs Germany: U20 World Cup (0 - 1) On 11th June 2015 / 2014 WC Qualifier : Malawi Vs Nigeria (1 - 1) On June 9 2012 / Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (87) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Marlbron: 5:20pm On Jun 12, 2010
I would like to drink the Larger that that swedish guy is drinking from. For all the money he got paid, he put the wrong players in the wrong formation with the wrong tactics. Ok we have average players but a good manager can still lead average players to some glory. We have seen JM- porto, And Greece lift Euro Cups, so the manager is important!

Our line up should have been

Yaks          Martins

Osaze                            Utaka/Nsofor
                 Haruna        Keita

Echeji/ Taiwo     Adeleye      Yobo/shittu   odia
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Gayigaskia(m): 5:20pm On Jun 12, 2010
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Enyeama did pretty well,and d team really did improve under lagerback,bt we're unlucky

Absolutly this team could have won us the African cup of Nations
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by tlops(m): 5:21pm On Jun 12, 2010
Enyeama är Nigerias bästa spelare idag, svt1

Enyeama is the man of the match
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by cj2008: 5:21pm On Jun 12, 2010
After dis performance, I can say am proud of d boys, Who could hv done better to beat dis great Argentina, Ask urselves, Hv we ever beaten them b4 at d World cup even wit Westerhof, I really saw great improvements except ur blind, Will u hv done anybeter?, All d calls i`ve been receiving 4rm friends agrees 2 my view except u dat is blind, Its always easy 2 b a critic wen u can`t do any beter,
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Sagamite(m): 5:21pm On Jun 12, 2010
nateevs:

You are just being overly critical. . .
What would we have done if we had Yakubu Messi, Obinna Tevez and Osaze Higuain. . . ?
You think we won't beat them black an blue?

My point is that they PLAYED HEARTATTACK football and some are coming to praise whitey as tactical genius.

You tell me how horrible the touches of the players were.

Tell me how many time they wasted set pieces.

Explain to me how the performance is better than under Amodu.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Sauron1: 5:21pm On Jun 12, 2010
desthan:

can't understand why lagerbeer did not start martin and osazie in the begining

Who would execute your plan B if you start all your best players in the first half?
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by HNIC(m): 5:23pm On Jun 12, 2010
I think there are some folks here who are disappointed that Messi didnt get a hatrick and Tevez didn't get a brace.
Get off it guys.
You goofed.
This team can only improve.
Lol. . . .The Argies started playing for time towards the end satisfied with a lone goal
and Check out their celebrations.
Abeg,The Eagles played footie
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Sagamite(m): 5:23pm On Jun 12, 2010
~Sauron~:

More than a decent job.
The tactical side was superb but the players asked to execute the plan were lethargic.
Odiah kept giving the ball away. . . . . . .Odemwingie cannot use his left foot, Kaita is an ape and Taiye Taiwo has no football sense.
There's nothing Lagerback can do to sort those. . . . . .Managers don't teach players basic skills.

Oh, now we blame the players?  grin grin grin grin

So when I said the same under Amodu that our players are useless, it was Amodu's fault?  grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Bawses(m): 5:24pm On Jun 12, 2010
nateevs:

Bros we lost to Argentina . . . Argentina for heaven's sake. . .
What is your problem?

Please ask him out loud. Amodu with the best of players can't with stand this crop of Argentine players.
You call Amodu a choach where lLargerbeer is B,ullShiit
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jun 12, 2010
~Sauron~:

More than a decent job.
The tactical side was superb but the players asked to execute the plan were lethargic.
Odiah kept giving the ball away. . . . . . .Odemwingie cannot use his left foot, Kaita is an ape and Taiye Taiwo has no football sense.
There's nothing Lagerback can do to sort those. . . . . .Managers don't teach players basic skills.

No serious manager would play a formation that will leave the midfield open to Argentina.
Our formation was flawed
Veron was never pressured when he had the ball and he picked out passes anyhow.

Did you see South Africa yesterday? They played 4-2-3-1. Did you see S.Korea today? they played the same formation. What was the point of leaving the midfield so wide open to a team that obviously have more skillfull players than yourself.

Honestly I still believe we have good enough quality to beat this Argentine side. We simply got our formation and selection wrong, we did not learn to mark set pieces nor did we learn to take one.

Sani Kaita as a wide man was always a waste. Danny Shittu is no way better than Rabiu Afolabi.

At this rate I don't even fancy our chances against South Korea.

Watch South Korea Argentina and you will appreciate what I am saying.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jun 12, 2010
Na lagerfront sorry lagerback na hin kill us with his wrong first 11 squared, the oyinbo man 4 start osaze at least.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Dauchman(m): 5:24pm On Jun 12, 2010
~Sauron~:

He started with the right players.
If we didn't concede that soft goal early in the game, you woulda seen a better first half.
The plan was to contain the Argentines in the first half and hit em in the 2nd half after their geriatric defenders musta been knackered.

He left Martins and Odemwingie on the bench for that purpose. . . . .
As soon as that plan failed, he brought out his plan B quickly(unlike Amodu whose plan B is in the 88th minute).
Lagerback lost to Argentina 0-1. . . . . . .Amodu lost scandalously to Egypt 1-3. I know who the better manager is.

You are very much on point. Very tactical coach. Pity we let them score early. We would do better against S.Korea

And our boy need to build confidence and play with urgency.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by sulad82i(m): 5:24pm On Jun 12, 2010
If 9ja fail me, I  have other nations to support.
USA - my naturalize country
Cameroun - My gf's country

Hope one of the other 2 performs

Warning - while you were reading 107 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Primegold: 5:25pm On Jun 12, 2010
It's official: Vincent Enyeama has been declared the Man of the Match!

Welldone Eagles, you have rekindled our faith. We may be down but we are not out.

And let's face it, Lagerback has done a wonderful job under a month!
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by cold(m): 5:25pm On Jun 12, 2010
Sagamite:

My point is that they PLAYED HEARTATTACK football and some are coming to praise whitey as tactical genius.

We are not sayin a whitie is beta,we're just saying Amodu is not a coach.Acoach that is contented with mediocrity?abeg
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by jumobi1(m): 5:25pm On Jun 12, 2010
IDK what game u guys watched but Nigeria didn't play well. Korea would stretch out yansh tear.
Yakubu isn't a hard worker. I'll start Martins over him with Obasi, Nsofor and Odemingie somehow all starting.
Our Midfield sucks. You guys know Nigeria could have done better. Reason why  we had a better 2nd half than first
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by ayo84(m): 5:25pm On Jun 12, 2010
next game,sani kaita is out,even odiah,and maybe even haruna lukman, he's good but lacks cinfidence
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Sagamite(m): 5:26pm On Jun 12, 2010
nateevs:

Bullshit. . . Amodu had years to get to where we were b4 Lars. .
How do you think we would have fared if we had Lars for 2 years. .
What is Amodu's greatest achievement in football. .?

The question is: Was this an improved performance that white-arse kissers are claiming?
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by nateevs(m): 5:27pm On Jun 12, 2010
Sagamite:

They had a lot of misplaced passes . .
And sometimes in crucial areas. . .
I think if we could have put the passes right, we could have had a goal and cold have drawn.
But the reason that did not happen has nothing to do with Lars. . .

In terms of organization, we were way better off than with Amodu. .
Enyeama saved us from a white wash because that's what he was supposed to do. . .

What's with all this "Not for Enyeama we would have been ridiculed". .?
It's like saying not for the goal, the match ended in a draw. . . How about that?
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by lizzybabe1(f): 5:27pm On Jun 12, 2010
sulad82i:

Warning - while you were reading 107 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.

LOL. Nairalanders, e don do. We don lose eh? Stop overloading NL servers with your posts. All go to bed now. smiley
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by peejay(m): 5:27pm On Jun 12, 2010
Nigeria took advantage of the 80/20 rule, 80% defence and 20% offence.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Gayigaskia(m): 5:27pm On Jun 12, 2010
@Sagamite

Amodu Would have stayed in his chair during the game chewing goro, Did you see how Lagerback was talking to the players? His Leadership is unmistacably noticeable.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Sauron1: 5:27pm On Jun 12, 2010
Sagamite:

Oh, now we blame the players?  grin grin grin grin
So when I said the same under Amodu that our players are useless, it was Amodu's fault?  grin grin grin grin grin grin

Amodu had a longer period to sort the players out. . . . . .
Besides i despise Amodu for one thing. . . . .He doesn't make the subs quickly enough to influence a match for his team.

Lagerback didn't hold back and had Kalu positioned himself well, he coulda gotten an equaliser.
The game-play was much better with Lagerback.  We all saw the shower of shyte these same players played under AMODU in Angola against useless African teams.

Lagerback held his own against the ALMIGHTY Argentina(The same side the USA 94 team couldn't beat) and you are criticizing him?
Na wa o.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by ladex142(m): 5:28pm On Jun 12, 2010
This is very disgraceful! REALLY EMBARRASSING
They are lacking greatly in terms of possession, passing, and team connection!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The goal keeper is the only strong attribute of the team right now, but is that enough to win matches?
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by dayokanu(m): 5:28pm On Jun 12, 2010
Sagamite,

What was your expectation when the worst Nigerian team(talentwise) plays the best Argentine team (talentwse)

Before today if they had told me we lost 8-0 and we couldnt string 3 passes, I wouldnt have been suprised.

This is the Argentine team favoured to win this trophy whose attackers scored over 100 goals in the last 12 months
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Borat1: 5:30pm On Jun 12, 2010
When you argue with Sham-gamite, you are unfortunately lending him some credibility.
He's obviously here to be a distraction. . .nothing else
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by medjai(m): 5:30pm On Jun 12, 2010
Eagles were poor. They couldnt sustain pressure just sporadic launch of attacks here and there. The boys had something to offer but poor technical input from Lagerback messed them up. There was no organization in their play and this is where Lag messed up. The midfield was not in existence no thanks to our formation and selection. Etuhu was not the right person to play the DM. Lagerback was absolutely clueless. He was just looking docile and diffident on the bench
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by princekevo(m): 5:30pm On Jun 12, 2010
This is the best Nigerian game i have ever watched recently. I could see again that Nigerian spirit in these boys. Though we lost, but we lost honorably to one of the favourits teams, i was really impressed with our boys. Any body saying other could put on his jesseys for next match lets see.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by bossman3: 5:31pm On Jun 12, 2010
It was a disciplined performance. Lagerback got his tactics spot on. With a little bit of luck we would have drawn or even won the game. I don't know whaat most of you guys are talking about. This was Argentina remember (the top seeded team in our group)
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Sagamite(m): 5:31pm On Jun 12, 2010
Dauchman:

@Sagamite  There you go again, i really doubt you watched the match with an open mind. Even here in Canada people are wondering how the eagles could have changed so quick. Lagerbeer has really shown he is worth his onions and with more time he can achieve the same feat as Westerhof. The only problem i saw with this team today was that they were timid at the beginning. and they are not fast also. Lets see how the rest of the tournament goes.

Enyeama deserves the man of match for his outstanding performance. Good luck eagles.

Over here in UK, Phil McCarthy the former Ireland manager was just criticising the hopeless play of our players for 70 mins!

DID YOU WATCH THE MATCH?

Argentina used us as training day passing material and the players played like if they were not interestd for 70 mins.

Poor touch!

Poor passes!

Getting closed down!

Poor marking!

Even poor throwins!

Lousy freekicks and corner kicks!

Keeper saving 5 goals!

WHADDAFUCK are you talking about?
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Sagamite(m): 5:32pm On Jun 12, 2010
desthan:

can't understand why lagerbeer did not start martin and osazie in the begining

No, they will claim it was a tremendous team selection.

WHADDAFUCK did Obinna do on the pitch all day?

Did you see Obasi's appalling marking?
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Nobody: 5:33pm On Jun 12, 2010
princekevo:

This is the best Nigerian game i have ever watched recently. I could see again that Nigerian spirit in these boys. Though we lost, but we lost honorably to one of the favourits teams, i was really impressed with our boys. Any body saying other could put on his jesseys for next match lets see.

It depends on what matches you watch.

Did you see Nigeria at the last olympics?

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (87) (Reply)

Referee Bakary Gassama Apologises To Nigeria After South Africa Match / 'FIFA VAR' Introduced In Village Football Competition In Imo State (photos) / World Cup: Psychic Pig Picks Nigeria And Argentina For Semi-final

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.