Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,658 members, 7,823,867 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:55 PM

Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup - Sports (43) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup (86834 Views)

Poll: Predict the results of Nigeria's match versus Argentina.

Nigeria wins!: 51% (179 votes)
Draw: 21% (75 votes)
Argentina wins!: 26% (93 votes)
This poll has ended

Nigeria Vs Germany: U20 World Cup (0 - 1) On 11th June 2015 / 2014 WC Qualifier : Malawi Vs Nigeria (1 - 1) On June 9 2012 / Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (87) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Sauron1: 5:34pm On Jun 12, 2010
dayokanu:

Sagamite,

What was your expectation when the worst Nigerian team(talentwise) plays the best Argentine team (talentwse)

Before today if they had told me we lost 8-0 and we couldnt string 3 passes, I wouldnt have been suprised.

This is the Argentine team favoured to win this trophy whose attackers scored over 100 goals in the last 12 months

Tevez + Messi + Higuain = 105 goals last season.
I have not mentioned Milito and Sergio Aguero so i dunno why Sagamite is expecting a miracle against this side.

What i saw in the 2nd half convinced me this Lagerback dude knows what he is doing.
His subs were SPOT ON and at a point, a whole ARGENTINA resorted to playing for TIME cos they knew the SE had their tails up.

With better quality upfront, Nigeria woulda equalised.
From what i have seen, i will rate Lagerback's performance 8/10. I have never rated Amodu more than 3/10. grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Gayigaskia(m): 5:34pm On Jun 12, 2010
@AYO84
You aviously don't football. Odiah did really a great game by his going forward on the wright wing.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by bawomolo(m): 5:34pm On Jun 12, 2010
sagamite - do u think lars deserves credit for the substitutions?
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Sagamite(m): 5:35pm On Jun 12, 2010
nateevs:

Bros we lost to Argentina . . . Argentina for heaven's sake. . .
What is your problem?

We lost to Argentina, yes.

Thank God and his Assistant, Enyeama, it was only one nil! It could have been a slaughter.

We played pathetically for 70 mins. We could have drawn.

I am just happy it is not a sluaghter, but please not one should come here and start saying we played well and this was some tactical geniusness.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by femmy2010(m): 5:35pm On Jun 12, 2010
If you give a Ferrari to my Grand ma and give same to me.
We would drive the car in a different way and that is what Lars has done with the team
I AM IMPRESSED.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by jumobi1(m): 5:36pm On Jun 12, 2010
bawomolo:

I think he does. If we didn't daftly give up the ball which led to that corner, I doubt Argentina would have scored.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by yommyuk: 5:36pm On Jun 12, 2010
The scoreline is the acceptable worst case scenario
Now we should aim to win the next 2 matches or win one by a minimum 2-0 score  against Greece and draw against against S korea.
I think the Argies did us a favour for keeping the score respectable.
Kudos to our boys cool or should I say BABAs grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by skyone(m): 5:36pm On Jun 12, 2010
[center]I'm really proud of Enyeama i pray he earn himself a top class club with millions of pounds. He's the best in the team so far.[/center]
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Sprumbaba: 5:36pm On Jun 12, 2010
We have 60 million coaches in Nigeria.It is very appalling when an individual that is not successful in what he/she does come out to  talk down on others.
If Taye taiwo is your brother, will you call NAMES?

SE, played beyond expectation today(I don't know about their next match).
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by nateevs(m): 5:36pm On Jun 12, 2010
Sagamite:

No, they will claim it was a tremendous team selection.

WHADDAFUCK did Obinna do on the pitch all day?

Did you see Obasi's appalling marking?

WTF did these same players do under Amodu?
How do you think we woulda fared against Argentina they day after we lost to Egypt?
And I ask you again . . What's Amodu greatest achievement in football. . .
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Sagamite(m): 5:36pm On Jun 12, 2010
mikeansy:

It depends on what matches you watch.

Did you see Nigeria at the last olympics?

He is joking.

He wants to be a comedian.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Tochi3(m): 5:37pm On Jun 12, 2010
lack of confidence; no self believe
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by youngbest(m): 5:37pm On Jun 12, 2010
In my honest opinion dis team played better than the nations cup team
yyes maybe if we had done better we could hav beaten argentina
but a good and promising display is always good for me,
Lets just work hard on our remaining two matched hopefully we can still go far,
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by zebra543: 5:37pm On Jun 12, 2010
argentina are strong anyways, so we were beat by one of the best
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by otokx(m): 5:37pm On Jun 12, 2010
What is the point playing very well and still loosing the game?
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by MandingoII(m): 5:38pm On Jun 12, 2010
PATHETIC!!!

Nigeria played like they were just happy to be their.

simply pathetic
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by DrKitaun(m): 5:38pm On Jun 12, 2010
Sagamite:

Over here in UK, Phil McCarthy the former Ireland manager was just criticising the hopeless play of our players for 70 mins!

DID YOU WATCH THE MATCH?

Argentina used us as training day passing material and the players played like if they were not interestd for 70 mins.

Poor touch!

Poor passes!

Getting closed down!

Poor marking!

Even poor throwins!

Lousy freekicks and corner kicks!

Keeper saving 5 goals!

WHADDAFUCK are you talking about?

whoever takes u seriously is retarded !!!

We lost, end of story . . .

but then, Amodu wouldnt have done what LARS did today . . .the boys wouldnt even be motivated to do squat !

The passion and drive is unmistakeable, a few mistakes here and there but then one must give it to the boys they werent outplayed neither were they outfoxed . . .

GOOD GAME !!!

My loyalty is to the country and not to Amodu  grin  grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jun 12, 2010
It was indeed a lovely match. I'm impressed with the boys.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by jumobi1(m): 5:39pm On Jun 12, 2010
Pls. Remove Messi and Argentina is average. ENyema handled Messi's threat. If we understood the concept of scoring, we could have won cos Enyeama tried.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by DrKitaun(m): 5:40pm On Jun 12, 2010
~Sauron~:

Amodu had a longer period to sort the players out. . . . . .
Besides i despise Amodu for one thing. . . . .He doesn't make the subs quickly enough to influence a match for his team.

Lagerback didn't hold back and had Kalu positioned himself well, he coulda gotten an equaliser.
The game-play was much better with Lagerback.  We all saw the shower of shyte these same players played under AMODU in Angola against useless African teams.

Lagerback held his own against the ALMIGHTY Argentina(The same side the USA 94 team couldn't beat) and you are criticizing him?
Na wa o.

u dey mind Sagamu ?

Amodu na hin schoolfather naw  grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jun 12, 2010
Sagamite Sagamite Sagamite Sagamite how many times i call u? You again?!
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Sagamite(m): 5:41pm On Jun 12, 2010
~Sauron~:

I have not mentioned Milito and Sergio Aguero so i dunno why Sagamite is expecting a miracle against this side.

What i saw in the 2nd half convinced me this Lagerback dude knows what he is doing.
His subs were SPOT ON and at a point, a whole ARGENTINA resorted to playing for TIME cos they knew the SE had their tails up.

From what i have seen, i will rate Lagerback's performance 8/10. I have never rated Amodu more than 3/10. grin

bawomolo:

I expected us to lose but from what I say today, due to the poor play of our players we lost a chance to draw.

I am surprised you guys have the guts to come here and try and claim this was not a heart-attack display.

We gave away a moronic goal.

Keeper saved 5 clear goals.

We were used as passing training material.

The players could not be bothered.

We were countered attack that could kill anyone.

Team play was APPALLING until Odems and Uche came in.

Why the HELL did Odems not start?

Now we give credit to coach that he came in and played well, when Obinna DID NOOOOOOOOOOTHING in the game?
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by chamotex(m): 5:42pm On Jun 12, 2010
Sagamite:

Over here in UK, Phil McCarthy the former Ireland manager was just criticising the hopeless play of our players for 70 mins!

DID YOU WATCH THE MATCH?

Argentina used us as training day passing material and the players played like if they were not interestd for 70 mins.

Poor touch!

Poor passes!

Getting closed down!

Poor marking!

Even poor throwins!

Lousy freekicks and corner kicks!

Keeper saving 5 goals!

WHADDAFUCK are you talking about?

You are being too harsh.

Bad touch, bad throws, bad set pieces are not directly the coaches fault.
Those are basic skills, you cant teach those.

The passing wasn;t the best but you should expect the players to be nervous on the ball as they were playing a more superior side. That is normal everywhere in football. They didn't want to commit players into the box because we cant keep possession.
A team that cant keep possession in a game should not commit players forward especially against top oppositions.

The team has not improved greatly which is understandable but the blueprint is there.
They actually did better than what I exoected.

The whole Black vs White thing is crap to me. Siasia woulda done a better job than Amodu in my opinion.
Another major point is RESPECT . . . . . Do the players respect AMODU? Do they want to play for him?  NO!!!

Managers have been sacked numerous times just for losing the dressing room
You cant expect a miracle within the short period of time Lager has had.

The organisation and structure have improved but just slightly.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by princekevo(m): 5:43pm On Jun 12, 2010
mikeansy:

It depends on what matches you watch.

Did you see Nigeria at the last olympics?

Am talking abt the senior team ofcoz not the Olympic squad.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by shilling(f): 5:43pm On Jun 12, 2010
@ Chamotex: I agree, I expected worse today for some reason.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by MissyB1(m): 5:43pm On Jun 12, 2010
Nigeria lost!!!  cry cry cry
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by ayo84(m): 5:43pm On Jun 12, 2010
people seem to forget argentina is not at its GAMe,they struggled to qualify for the world cuo, they didnt even play friendlies, they didnt even impress, super eagles should have taken opportunity of this and defeated them, we had opportunites,a lot, i think what we lacked was confidence, those boys were not motivated enuf, thats why we need coaches like samson siasia
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Sagamite(m): 5:44pm On Jun 12, 2010
nateevs:

How do you think we woulda fared against Argentina they day after we lost to Egypt?
And I ask you again . . What's Amodu greatest achievement in football. . .

So if they play like they played under Amodu, what was the point of a new coach you pay N10m a month?
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by rubaslipa: 5:44pm On Jun 12, 2010
nateevs:

In terms of organization, we were way better off than with Amodu. .
Enyeama saved us from a white wash because that's what he was supposed to do. . .

What's with all this "Not for Enyeama we would have been ridiculed". .?
It's like saying not for the goal, the match ended in a draw. . . How about that?

I'm not arguing that we are not better off with Lagerback than with Amodu. That seems obvious. However there are two big problems.

Firstly, your goalie is your last chance. If you depend on your goalkeeper being the one saving you, then you will lose.

Secondly, Naija don't seem to be able to score when in front of goal, and that is nothing to do with how good Argentina were playing.

Please don't pay attention to Mr Sagamite - he just likes to attack posters, and for some reason he has a problem with Lagerback being white. He would prefer Amodu, even though he would get worse results for the SE.

Warning - while you were typing 22 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by dayokanu(m): 5:45pm On Jun 12, 2010

From what i have seen, i will rate Lagerback's performance 8/10. I have never rated Amodu more than 3/10.

Ask Tkb, The last time I had hopes in Nigeria was in 1998 but today I saw that we have hope.

@Sagamite,

If Argentina had played England and the scoreline and play was what it is right now, What would you have called the English team (though more talented)

Mick McCarthy is a certified fool
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by bawomolo(m): 5:46pm On Jun 12, 2010
i agree obinna shouldn't start ever again but how can you fault a coach for adjusting from his mistakes. isn't that what amodu couldn't do as the head coach?

largerback is willing to experiment while amodu was predictable
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Sagamite(m): 5:46pm On Jun 12, 2010
To-chi:

lack of confidence; no self believe

MandingoII:

PATHETIC!!!

Nigeria played like they were just happy to be their.

simply pathetic

[size=18pt]THANK YOU!!![/size]

They played like they were happy not to lose too badly. Even the UK commentators said so.

Until Uche and Martins came on to attack.

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (87) (Reply)

Referee Bakary Gassama Apologises To Nigeria After South Africa Match / 'FIFA VAR' Introduced In Village Football Competition In Imo State (photos) / World Cup: Psychic Pig Picks Nigeria And Argentina For Semi-final

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.