Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,745 members, 7,809,843 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:54 PM

Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) (21172 Views)

My Landlord And I / How Do I Evict A Mentally Unstable Tenant From My Shop? / My Landlord Sneaks Into My Apartment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) by lorhema(f): 9:46am On May 26, 2018
ElsonMorali:

Get another shop. Your safety and the safety of your child is paramount. I wish you the very best.

Agree. Op, the relationship with your landlord broke down a while back. You shouldn't have tried to renew your rent. I guess the shop is in a good location but it isn't worth the stress you've been through. Please look for another shop now and move on.

2 Likes

Re: Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) by IgboBasthard: 10:38am On May 26, 2018
kullozone:

But Igbo tenants rarely have issues with house rent na! Some of my tenants are Igbos and they pay on time, without me having to ask them for my money.
I have two Igbo tenants in thesame compound where I stay and they've both been here for four years, peacefully. Even When the pumping machine got spoilt, I told them we'd split the bill for repairs but one of them insisted on taking care of it alone.

Any time wey them travel sef, them dey always buy enough things come for me.

smiley

Yinmu!
Re: Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) by kullozone(m): 10:49am On May 26, 2018
IgboBasthard:

Yinmu!
Na Isoko I be oh! Not Igbo.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) by oyetpel(m): 11:35am On May 26, 2018
op, madam you sabi English.
Re: Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) by Inhibitions: 11:35am On May 26, 2018
Madam leave the shop for them.
Re: Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) by Topshow2010(m): 11:39am On May 26, 2018
Imole477:

I'm surprised you're supporting what happened, what they did. It's a planned work by these people to frustrate me to leave his shop. I'm in pains over the loss & you're here saying negative things.

Its so sad if wat u wrote are true but like our mum used say wen growing up anytym we had quarrels wit our friend and still go dere everytym;'she wud yab us and ask if ur placenta's is buried in such place', dt u refuse to leave for ur own safety and peace of mind is mindboggling.
If wat u wrote are true, kindly pack peacefully since u said u were planning to leave b4 their wicked acts for ur own and family safety cause those kind of ppl could be wicked to d extreme.

4 Likes

Re: Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) by tonididdy(m): 11:54am On May 26, 2018
The story started with how your landlord suddenly started to torture you but there's no part of the story to why the landlord suddenly began to hate on you.

1. Did he the landlord woo you and you refused.
2. Are your rent upto date ?
3. even if your rent is upto date, what is your relationship with other tenants ?
4. Do you ensure you carry out your duties as a tenant of the landlords premises.
.so many questions need answers as to why the landlord will suddenly start hating on you so much.
Re: Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) by ElsonMorali: 12:08pm On May 26, 2018
lorhema:

The relationship with your landlord broke down a while ago. You shouldn't have tried to renew your rent. I guess the shop is in a good location but it isn't worth the stress you've been through. Please look for another shop now and move on.

But I'm not the landlord nor the shop owner now. embarassed

1 Like

Re: Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) by Akinya17: 1:37pm On May 26, 2018
Imole477:

I'm surprised you're supporting what happened, what they did. It's a planned work by these people to frustrate me to leave his shop. I'm in pains over the loss & you're here saying negative things.

Now you have said the truth, you don't want to leave the shop despite all you were subjected to. I don't know which is more valuable, your life/peace of mind or money. Am sure customers are afraid to come to your shop because of the constant harassment you claim to be facing. My sister pack up and leave that place, no court can dash you someone's property. You are as guilty as your landlord.
Re: Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) by lorhema(f): 3:19pm On May 26, 2018
ElsonMorali:

But I'm not the landlord nor the shop owner now. embarassed

Sorry.I know. Modified.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) by nelxxy(m): 3:38pm On May 26, 2018
some people sha. what is #170 thousands sef. that she can't keep in her shop.
me and some of my friends keeps up to millions in our shops. (I am not here to argue. ask any businessman at mandalas or idumota. how much he keeps).
back to the issue the landlord don't have any right to break her door. ignorance at its peak.
op pls update us on the issue. take legal action

2 Likes

Re: Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) by Imole477(f): 4:24pm On May 26, 2018
nelxxy:
some people sha. what is #170 thousands sef. that she can't keep in her shop.
me and some of my friends keeps up to millions in our shops. (I am not here to argue. ask any businessman at mandalas or idumota. how much he keeps).
back to the issue the landlord don't have any right to break her door. ignorance at its peak.
op pls update us on the issue. take legal action

Thank u & God bless u.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) by Nobody: 5:20pm On May 26, 2018
DhatPeacefuldud:
What's your problem?
LOL, Bros no vex.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) by Nobody: 5:20pm On May 26, 2018
Nelson1235:

why re u against this Lady. hmmm don't tell me that what I'm thinking is true o .
Yes your guess is right, I am the landlord.
Re: Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) by DhatPeacefuldud(m): 5:51pm On May 26, 2018
Swargu:

LOL, Bros no vex.
Haha, God save you say you beg
I for pelt your head ehn

1 Like

Re: Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) by Almaiga: 7:10pm On May 26, 2018
kullozone:

But Igbo tenants rarely have issues with house rent na! Some of my tenants are Igbos and they pay on time, without me having to ask them for my money.
I have two Igbo tenants in thesame compound where I stay and they've both been here for four years, peacefully. Even When the pumping machine got spoilt, I told them we'd split the bill for repairs but one of them insisted on taking care of it alone.

Any time wey them travel sef, them dey always buy enough things come for me.

smiley
No be real Igbo's dey stay your house, they might be Agbor, Ikwere or Delta Igbo. The real Igbo's are bad news, they are tribalist and full of hate.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) by kullozone(m): 7:56pm On May 26, 2018
Almaiga:

No be real Igbo's dey stay your house, they might be Agbor, Ikwere or Delta Igbo. The real Igbo's are bad news, they are tribalist and full of hate.

Person from Imo state na Delta Igbo

The truth is there are tribalistic Igbos everywhere and there are tribalistic Yorubas everywhere as well. You guys hate each other equally... The tribalistic behaviour is Not a one sided shiismiley

1 Like

Re: Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) by mankettle(m): 9:13am On May 27, 2018
@ Op
apart from the police. there is a Lagos state government agency that looks into such issues. I don't know what kind of lawyer you used but he ought to have protected you better than this.
Re: Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) by nelxxy(m): 10:07pm On May 27, 2018
Almaiga:

so delta Igbo is not Igbo again. with this your statement you are tribalist and full of hate also

1 Like

Re: Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) by Lajet: 10:44pm On May 27, 2018
Almaiga:

What is wrong with Afonjas must you people bring in tribalism in every matter.

2 Likes

Re: Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) by Lajet: 10:48pm On May 27, 2018
IgboBasthard:

Bros, as a landlord in Lagos, I find myself dealing with this horrible people all the time. I have warmed my agent to keep my houses and shops empty rather than put an igbo there. I havw been in the business for 10 years and have rented to all the ethnic groups in Nigeria. The igbos are just terrible. ....terrible people both male and female. I should be on my way to retirement now but I have to stay in work just so I can afford to keep my properties empty if need be. Igbo tenants are bad news and you must be ready to break the law and rough handle them.

I can see that an Igbo man took over your wife because you are poor and can't take care of her. since then you started hating on every Igbo person

1 Like

Re: Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) by zikaengee(f): 8:43pm On May 28, 2018
HRich:

Nigerians can cook lies very well, 17OK STOLEN, GOOD WORTH #800K ALSO STOLEN IN A STREET MARKET Ooo

M

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) by zikaengee(f): 1:25am On May 29, 2018
L
Re: Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) by zikaengee(f): 1:31am On May 29, 2018
IgboBasthard:

Na lie, can she even afford a good lawyer? How many of these defaulting stubborn tenants can hire a good lawyer?
The landlord too will equally get a good lawyer. The moment she claimed she had 170k in the shop I knew she is a big liar.

Landlord my foot. Keep deceiving your self, poor wretched fool
Re: Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) by IgboBasthard: 4:47pm On Jun 22, 2018
zikaengee:

Landlord my foot. Keep deceiving your self, poor wretched fool

Are you happy now?
Re: Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) by OtunbaLeXuS(m): 9:24pm On Sep 05, 2018
Update

A 63-year-old landlord, Adekunle Santos, has been arraigned before an Igbosere Magistrates’ Court for allegedly removing the entrance door of his tenant’s shop and taking away property valued at N994,850.

PUNCH Metro had reported that Santos on May 23 around 3.30pm allegedly broke into his tenant’s shop, Esther Demola, and removed her door, thereby exposing her goods to thugs, who allegedly carted away items valued at N994,850.

Demola, a hairdresser, had told our correspondent that her travail began when Santos’s sister-in-law, identified only as Iyalode, came to her shop to take a weave worth N10,000, which she refused to release for free.

She claimed that Santos, who took sides with Iyalode in the matter, threatened to make life difficult for her.

She added that her stylist, identified only as Balikis, who was around when Santos allegedly destroyed her shop, called her attention to the break-in but before she could get to the scene, her goods had been taken away.

Santos was arraigned on Monday on four counts of conspiracy, stealing, damage and breach of peace.

He pleaded not guilty to the charges.

The police prosecutor, Emby Ingobo, said the offences were contrary to Section 411 and punishable under sections 280, 287, 273 (d) and 168 (1) (d) of the Criminal Law of Lagos State 2015.

The magistrate, Mrs A. M. Davies, granted him bail in the sum of N100,000, with one surety in like sum.

She said the surety must be tax compliant and have his address verified.

The case was adjourned till September 24, 2018, for mention.

https://punchng.com/landlord-arraigned-for-burgling-tenants-shop-stealing-property/amp/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Are The Current Prices Of Building Materials In Nigeria? / Should I Complete My Mother House Or Build Mine First? I'm In Dillenma Pls Help / Bungalow House Design

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.