Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,652 members, 7,809,476 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:13 AM

Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) (21170 Views)

My Landlord And I / How Do I Evict A Mentally Unstable Tenant From My Shop? / My Landlord Sneaks Into My Apartment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) by HRich(m): 10:49pm On May 25, 2018
Imole477:
Hi Nairalandlers,

Pls I need your help and the help of well meaning Nigerians.

I am a hairdresser at Santos Avenue, Abule-Egba, Lagos. Since last year 2017 my Landlord Mr Bernard Adekunle Santos has been threatening and harassing me at my shop. He conspired with one woman they call Iyalode who is his elder brother's wife and they have been tormenting my life and business ever since then. They also conspired with one woman they call Iya Esther who is my neighbour and they cut off my electric wires last year and took the wires away and left me in darkness for many weeks last year.

Even when my Lawyer wrote them a letter to return my wires which they maliciously stole, they refused to return them. After stealing my wires, the Landlord now came and asked me to go and apologize to the person that stole my wires even when I never offended her, rather they were the ones that conspired to cut off and stole my electric wires.

This year when I wanted to pay my rent to the Landlord he refused to collect it and told me that he gave me one month to quit his shop despite I'm a yearly tenant and he never served me any official quit notice. Since then he has been bringing thugs every time to threaten me in my shop. He has been threatening me that he will deal with me.

So on Wednesday 23rd May 2018 my Landlord Mr Bernard Adekunle Santos came to my shop in the afternoon and broke my shop, removed the door, stole my one hundred and seventy thousand naira and stole my goods worth over eight hundred thousand naira. This matter has been reported at the Area "G" Command, Ogba, Lagos. The police has invited the Landlord Mr Bernard Santos and including Iyalode and Iya Esther to come to the station on 25th May 2018 but they have refused to come to the station. On 24th May 2018 when we went with the police to serve them the invitation letter, the first son of the Iyalode by name Dare Santos was threatening to use charms to slap me and make me blind.

My life and the life of my 2-year old baby is currently in serious danger as they keep threatening to deal with me. As I write this my shop is currently without any door as they have removed the door and went away with the door. I have pictures and evidence of everything which I have attached.

I hereby call on the Lagos State Governor, His Excellency Governor Akinwunmi Ambode and the Lagos State Commissioner of Police and all well meaning Nigerians to come to my aid as I want justice to be done on this matter because I have suffered enough in the hands of this Landlord and the Iyalode. My life and the life of my baby is currently in danger as I've been receiving threats since that day. I want justice to be done on this matter.

Pls share this message until it gets to the Governor and the Commissioner of police. I'm not safe anymore. Pls help.

Nigerians can cook lies very well, 17OK STOLEN, GOOD WORTH #800K ALSO STOLEN IN A STREET MARKET Ooo

6 Likes

Re: Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) by valdes00(m): 10:49pm On May 25, 2018
overall90:
The landlord declined to collect your rent and gave you one month to vacate the said shop,in addition to all the harassment from iya this and that.
so why have you refused to vacate the shop.is it that you can't get another shop somewhere.i don't understand
Exactly what I wanted to ask...
Person no want you for him place again, na by force..?
I was even expecting her to look for another place nt paying rent again after the initial trouble

3 Likes

Re: Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) by AreaFada2: 10:55pm On May 25, 2018
After my negative experience with tenants, I am very skeptical of such tenant stories.

Most landlords want stability, paying as at when due and obeying rules agreed upon previously.
But for some tenants that's too much to ask for. I know how much I have lost to tenants who seemed like angels when they first came.

OP's story claims much victimization, apparently for no reasons. Not so plausible.

Some tenants very easily threaten to use lawyers to defend their rights. But very happy to trample on the rights of the landlord.

Since lawyers are already involved, the courts will decide. Only very Few landlords have the appetite to have a tenant who fights them with a lawyer. They may be forced to use other means.

3 Likes

Re: Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) by Nobody: 11:00pm On May 25, 2018
overall90:
The landlord declined to collect your rent and gave you one month to vacate the said shop,in addition to all the harassment from iya this and that.
so why have you refused to vacate the shop.is it that you can't get another shop somewhere.i don't understand

Can you get a shop within a month? In Lagos of all places?
Re: Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) by HeyCorleone(m): 11:04pm On May 25, 2018
cbrass:

If the little girl ran the away as you have claimed, that means she ran away from those tour and hid her self so she won't be seen, which means she didn't see the men carrying anything from the shop. QED

If you won't offer help you might as well just STFU instead of trying to form Sherlock Holmes that you ain't.
Re: Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) by Hotfreeze: 11:07pm On May 25, 2018
HRich:

You didn't see the part that says GOOD WORTH EIGHT HUNDRED THOUSAND NAIRA

800k goods in that shop. Is she selling gold?

1 Like

Re: Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) by mechanics(m): 11:13pm On May 25, 2018
That's serious o, the governor must hear this o.
Re: Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 11:14pm On May 25, 2018
This is a story for kindergattens.
Your landlord just woke up one day and started to harrass you. He refused to collect your rent but instead gave you a month notice.
Why did you hide the underlying issues that led to this ? Why mention others' names while you failed to introduce yourself ? How long have you been using the shop ? How much was rejected by your landlord and why ? What items were removed from a hairdressing salon that will be worth 800,000 naira ? Don't the items have names ? If your landlord refused police invitation without action from the latter, it probably means you have been a regular complainant at the station.
Without hearing the other side, your story appears too cock-eyed and full of holes.
Overall, someone is being mischivious.

8 Likes

Re: Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) by IamJames: 11:15pm On May 25, 2018
HRich:

You must be a trouble tenant with the way your month is running here,!! I pity the Landlord, he must have gone through hell with you!!

Shut your mouth if you have nothing to say here concerning this issue. In as much as some tenants can be troublesome, some landlords can be a pain in the ass expecting the tenants to lick the very ground they step foot on just because they rented the place to the tenants.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) by olashas(f): 11:15pm On May 25, 2018
dominique:

I am even more surprised that you expect us to believe that a mid-end shop in a middle class neighbourhood has N170k cash and about N800k wares stolen. If you want us to sympathize with you, tell us the root of the matter.

She is lying jare. In Lagos, a disgruntled tenant usually resorts to these tactics after being forcefully ejected by the Landlord.

The Landlord ought not to have resorted to self help though.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) by IamJames: 11:17pm On May 25, 2018
The way some of you commenting here lambasting this lady, have you all given it thought that what if she's innocent and she's just unfortunate to meet a troublesome landlord?
Some of you people here are just unbelievable.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) by andyanders: 11:24pm On May 25, 2018
cbrass:

According to your story, your shop was broken in the afternoon, so which means everyone saw them when it was broken. And no one saw them carrying the so called material u said was stolen and the money, by the way why did you keep money in the shop(though I know that's not true) where was you when your shop was broken. I suspect your lawyer advised to lie to the public to draw sympathy.
What are you insinuating here? Whether it was in the midnight or morning time,it does not matter. She wasn't arround when they forcefully came to break the door is an offence and she has every right to claim every dime. The amount she is even claiming is small. They will pay for their unlawful action

2 Likes

Re: Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) by valentineuwakwe(m): 11:25pm On May 25, 2018
why do we always see danger, and instead of hiding or running away from it, we dive enter.,.you hv been getting wahala, troubles, harassment, etc from tge landlird n co host. . .instead of parking out to look for a new place, you decided to still renew. .you cause all these fit but self. .debt you hv people by you on these matter? .please park out n avoid them. .ur life is more important than the shop o

1 Like

Re: Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) by gmajor10(m): 11:26pm On May 25, 2018
Imole477:

I'm surprised you're supporting what happened, what they did. It's a planned work by these people to frustrate me to leave his shop. I'm in pains over the loss & you're here saying negative things.

I couldn't read through your comment, so I don't know if someone already directed you to the office of the public defender www.opdlagos.org

They are efficient, visit the website and get contacts from there.

Good night
Re: Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) by cbrass(m): 11:38pm On May 25, 2018
andyanders:
What are you insinuating here? Whether it was in the midnight or morning time,it does not matter. She wasn't arround when they forcefully came to break the door is an offence and she has every right to claim every dime. The amount she is even claiming is small. They will pay for their unlawful action

You are one of the crazy tenants we are talking about
The attendant was there, so how could she have used the word break in. Use your senses nw

1 Like

Re: Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) by cbrass(m): 11:41pm On May 25, 2018
HeyCorleone:

If you won't offer help you might as well just STFU instead of trying to form Sherlock Holmes that you ain't.
. God has given us brain to use but some people like u are too lazy intellectually. Now if the said attendant was at the shop that means the shop was already opened, so they just removed the door and didn't break in

1 Like

Re: Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) by Imole477(f): 11:47pm On May 25, 2018
booqee:
what really happened that made the landlord and his people to start tormenting you? Cos I believe no one would wake up one day to start brewing hate to another for no reason. I know it's possible the landlord is a dick but something must have happened. Kindly tell please.

It's just pure jealousy & hatred instigated by the uneducated Iyalode who is the Landlord's late brother's wife. On that street, which is a very busy street for business in Abule-Egba, that Iyalode goes round to extort money from everybody every week most times. Sometimes she came to my shop and I make hair for her free of charge.

She is fond of collecting illegal money from all the shops & stalls owners every time. So sometime ago she came to my shop & asked me to give her my weavon which I sell and which cost over 10k for free which I refused and that was how she hated me & started conspiring against me & spoiling my name to the Landlord. She now connived with another tenant & said I must leave the shop. I've been there for over 5 years.

Even the Landlord confessed that I never offended him. The problem is that the Landlord is being controlled by & dictated to by the Iyalode. The Iyalode is a money monger, extorting most of the shops every time. So she now told the Landlord that she has someone who will pay a higher rent and that they should quit me. But started threatening me & didn't give me any quit notice. And some people here are supporting them I'm really surprised how some people reason.

By the way, as some people asked, they actually stole a lot of costly weavon, creams, relaxers and attachments and other things because my shop is well stocked and it's a very busy road, beside the Lagos-Abeokuta express road. You people should investigate & stop doubting. Because it didn't happen to any of you doesn't mean if it happens to another person you should not feel for her. It's not fair. Pls all of you should come down to the place & do your investigations.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) by Mutemenot(m): 12:32am On May 26, 2018
@op, "He who present his head for the breaking of coconut may not be alive to eat it" You know too well something has been wrong, alot of physical threat and otherwise. You already have a lawyer who sent them letter regarding your electric cables ( u 4got to tell us y they cut the cables anyway), they re many truth you know which u do not want to say. pls, honourably leave the shop in peace, you may not be alive to tell Nairalanders the chapter2 of ur story if u continue to be there. u had all opportunity to leave but you choose to do strong head now u want dis forum to tell u wot police or lawyer havent said to u

2 Likes

Re: Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) by bqoND(m): 12:46am On May 26, 2018
Imole477:
Hi Nairalandlers,

Pls I need your help and the help of well meaning Nigerians.

I am a hairdresser at Santos Avenue, Abule-Egba, Lagos. Since last year 2017 my Landlord Mr Bernard Adekunle Santos has been threatening and harassing me at my shop. He conspired with one woman they call Iyalode who is his elder brother's wife and they have been tormenting my life and business ever since then. They also conspired with one woman they call Iya Esther who is my neighbour and they cut off my electric wires last year and took the wires away and left me in darkness for many weeks last year.

Even when my Lawyer wrote them a letter to return my wires which they maliciously stole, they refused to return them. After stealing my wires, the Landlord now came and asked me to go and apologize to the person that stole my wires even when I never offended her, rather they were the ones that conspired to cut off and stole my electric wires.

This year when I wanted to pay my rent to the Landlord he refused to collect it and told me that he gave me one month to quit his shop despite I'm a yearly tenant and he never served me any official quit notice. Since then he has been bringing thugs every time to threaten me in my shop. He has been threatening me that he will deal with me.

So on Wednesday 23rd May 2018 my Landlord Mr Bernard Adekunle Santos came to my shop in the afternoon and broke my shop, removed the door, stole my one hundred and seventy thousand naira and stole my goods worth over eight hundred thousand naira. This matter has been reported at the Area "G" Command, Ogba, Lagos. The police has invited the Landlord Mr Bernard Santos and including Iyalode and Iya Esther to come to the station on 25th May 2018 but they have refused to come to the station. On 24th May 2018 when we went with the police to serve them the invitation letter, the first son of the Iyalode by name Dare Santos was threatening to use charms to slap me and make me blind.

My life and the life of my 2-year old baby is currently in serious danger as they keep threatening to deal with me. As I write this my shop is currently without any door as they have removed the door and went away with the door. I have pictures and evidence of everything which I have attached.

I hereby call on the Lagos State Governor, His Excellency Governor Akinwunmi Ambode and the Lagos State Commissioner of Police and all well meaning Nigerians to come to my aid as I want justice to be done on this matter because I have suffered enough in the hands of this Landlord and the Iyalode. My life and the life of my baby is currently in danger as I've been receiving threats since that day. I want justice to be done on this matter.

Pls share this message until it gets to the Governor and the Commissioner of police. I'm not safe anymore. Pls help.

lies upon lies. Fucking leave the shop madam. all the good for your shop no even reach 200k. you have goods worth over eight hundred thousand and you can't afford to pay your shop rent. lol... what is 170k even doing in your shop.

3 Likes

Re: Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) by Imole477(f): 1:01am On May 26, 2018
bqoND:
lies upon lies. Fucking leave the shop madam. all the good for your shop no even reach 200k. you have goods worth over eight hundred thousand and you can't afford to pay your shop rent. lol... what is 170k even doing in your shop.

I didn't say I couldn't pay my rent. Pls read the post again. The rent was ready for collection but the Landlord refused to collect it.
Re: Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) by Realjovi(f): 1:29am On May 26, 2018
Since last year threat and you still remain there,e be like say you no like your life.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) by front5line: 1:33am On May 26, 2018
udemzy101:

Just go and sit down with your rubbish opinion, how about yoruba landlord always wanting everything to be their will, they want you to always bow down for them, they want you to do eye service and when you don't buy into their ideology you become a bad tenant.

Oga take your useless opinion and shove into your ass, rubbish yoruba landlord.

I am mystified ! I tot Igbo owned 110% of Lagos.

Where is that picture of Lagos landlord n Igbo tenant ?

Abeg no killi me with lafta.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) by front5line: 1:37am On May 26, 2018
Happychildlove:
wait till u meet some landlord and their wahala

Mechonu!
Re: Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) by Nobody: 2:27am On May 26, 2018
IamJames:

Why can't she leave 170k inside her shop? The rented shop is her space which has a lock so she can leave whatever she wants in there.
Nobody does that bro. She is just a troublesome tenant. Since the landlord don't wanna collect rent why not leave.. It's simple

2 Likes

Re: Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) by greggng: 2:45am On May 26, 2018
IgboBasthard:
Madam

You sure you have evidence to prove 170k was inside your shop? Where did that money come from? Did you withdraw it from a bank or ATM? The judge will ask you this questions in court.
If you are igbo, I will NEVER support you laye laye cause your people are experts in cheating landlords in Lagos. You commit unimaginable atrocities with somebody else's property. Show us your last receipt? A landlord will never dare to treat you the way you described if you are a paying tenant and your payment is up to date. Landlords respect tenants who respect themselves

I don't trust your story, sorry.

We are just deceiving ourselves by saying we are one Nigeria. Tribalism is not helping this nation. The day we realise that bad people are found in every tribe, that will be the beginning of a new Nigeria. Let me give you an example. I have a 3bedroom flat which I gave a Yoruba friend who act as my agent to rent out. One day I visited a bar to enjoy my usual catfish pepper soup and I over heard some men discussing the attitude of the agent. According to them he refused to rent the house to any igbo person except a Yoruba person. No concrete reason was given except hatred. I listened to all their discussion and I confronted him to convince me why an igbo man cannot rent my house.....nothing concrete except hatred. So I got angry and decided to handle the matter myself . I went ahead to rent the house to an igbo man and he had lived their now for 6years without any issues. The point I am making is that no tribe is better than the other....and we 've bad people in every tribe. As far as shop renting and business is concern igbo people remains the best . That is why the survive in their businesses. Must shop rented by y orubas they cannot continue payment after one year. I have evidence of all the shops around me they 've left after just a year. They feel comfortable increasing it as they like when other tribes are occupying it. To narrow it down to the subject matter, the landlord has no right to break into your shop. There are due processes that must be followed to finally quit a tenant irrespective of his tribe. Ignorance of the law is not a defense. The woman has every right to claim anything inasmuch as she has evidence that her shop was broken. Now that she has reported the matter to the police, they should get that landlord arrested immediately .she should get a good lawyer . That man must learn a hard lesson .

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) by Nobody: 3:18am On May 26, 2018
front5line:

I am mystified ! I tot Igbo owned 110% of Lagos.
Where is that picture of Lagos landlord n Igbo tenant ?
Abeg no killi me with lafta.
You thought? Thoughts of a drunkard right?

1 Like

Re: Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) by Nelson1235: 3:37am On May 26, 2018
cbrass:

If the little girl ran the away as you have claimed, that means she ran away from those tour and hid her self so she won't be seen, which means she didn't see the men carrying anything from the shop. QED
my friend stop all this nonsense if u don't agree with what she said why not go and investigate.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) by Nelson1235: 3:40am On May 26, 2018
Swargu:

Nobody does that bro. She is just a troublesome tenant. Since the landlord don't wanna collect rent why not leave.. It's simple
why re u against this Lady. hmmm don't tell me that what I'm thinking is true o .

1 Like

Re: Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) by HRich(m): 4:14am On May 26, 2018
IamJames:

Shut your mouth if you have nothing to say here concerning this issue. In as much as some tenants can be troublesome, some landlords can be a pain in the ass expecting the tenants to lick the very ground they step foot on just because they rented the place to the tenants.

You're just stupid anyway, I don't have to waste my data on you
Re: Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) by Truthsbitter: 4:16am On May 26, 2018
Arondizuogu:

Can you get a shop within a month? In Lagos of all places?
She's been having issues with the landlord and other people around the area. why does she wants to renew her rent at the same shop?
why not plan to leave even before the landlord ask her to?
with the level and rate of the kind of quarrels she has been having with the landlord , anybody who is innocent, wise and hate troubles would have far left that place.

2 Likes

Re: Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) by Nobody: 4:18am On May 26, 2018
Op with all this plenty threats and wahala, can you just vacate that property for the sake of your little one

1 Like

Re: Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) by Atk1nson(m): 4:52am On May 26, 2018
overall90:

One month quite notice is not at all reasonable, I'm sure the court if equitable will think otherwise too

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Woman Whose House Was Gutted By Fire In Owerri: M Husband Was Asleep In The Room / What Are The Current Prices Of Building Materials In Nigeria? / Should I Complete My Mother House Or Build Mine First? I'm In Dillenma Pls Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.