Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,386 members, 7,815,820 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:51 PM

Bonds Investors Hub - Investment (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Bonds Investors Hub (51334 Views)

Nigeria Bonds Rise After Tinubu Subsidy Removal / Which Is Better; Fixed Deposit Or Bonds? / Nigeria Bonds Rise After Buhari Presidential Election Win (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bonds Investors Hub by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:17am On Aug 27, 2021
jpphilips:

Obviously they are distressed, they have been selling commercial papers up & down since last year.

They also sold their Pension Fund Management company to FCMB

1 Like

Re: Bonds Investors Hub by DaBogu: 5:54pm On Sep 13, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

They also sold their Pension Fund Management company to FCMB
Na to sell of their stocks
Re: Bonds Investors Hub by Pesuzok(m): 4:11pm On Sep 23, 2021
Please I was to get a coupon payment on 18th Sept, but up till now no payment.

I bought the fgn bond from the secondary market.

Are there normally delays in payment? and which office should I contact for update.
Re: Bonds Investors Hub by Pesuzok(m): 4:30pm On Sep 23, 2021
akinola98:
Guys, pls advise me :-

I was due for my first coupon payment on my 2037 FGN bond yesterday but it is yet to me paid, making me worried
Could there be an issue or the FGN is no longer paying Or what do u think ?
Thanks for responses

My first coupon is being delayed. Have you received payment for 18th September?
Re: Bonds Investors Hub by freeman67: 4:43pm On Sep 23, 2021
You better complain to your source of our base so that they will contact CSCS for you. You can also look for CSCS address online and mail them about it too. If it is a mistake they will address it.
Re: Bonds Investors Hub by Pesuzok(m): 5:15pm On Sep 23, 2021
freeman67:
You better complain to your source of our base so that they will contact CSCS for you. You can also look for CSCS address online and mail them about it too. If it is a mistake they will address it.
OK, thanks.

I have sent an email to CSCS.
Re: Bonds Investors Hub by Akerewe(m): 6:21pm On Sep 23, 2021
Pesuzok:

Contact ur bank, it will b rectify. I got my coupon yesterday afternoon.
Re: Bonds Investors Hub by akinola98: 9:12pm On Sep 23, 2021
Pesuzok:

Yes
Re: Bonds Investors Hub by Zodiacwarrior: 5:54pm On Sep 30, 2021
Hello good day has anyone noticed you can't buy bonds online at bond biz concepts I bought 50k bonds few days ago but am yet to be credited in my biz account tried to reach customer care no response....any ideas pls.
Re: Bonds Investors Hub by Pesuzok(m): 6:05am On Oct 01, 2021
Akerewe:

Contact ur bank, it will b rectify. I got my coupon yesterday afternoon.

I went to the bank and it was rectified.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Bonds Investors Hub by Akerewe(m): 6:33pm On Oct 01, 2021
Pesuzok:

I went to the bank and it was rectified.

Thank you
U welcome
Re: Bonds Investors Hub by mickky22: 7:29pm On Oct 04, 2021
Good day Bond Guru

Is there any hiding charges... If I buy bond from secondary market {Standbic IBTC}.
2. Please can someone explain bid and offer from price and yield.

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Bonds Investors Hub by ImperialCovfefe: 11:46pm On Oct 04, 2021
mickky22:
Good day Bond Guru

Is there any hiding charges... If I buy bond from secondary market {Standbic IBTC}.
2. Please can someone explain bid and offer from price and yield.

Thanks in anticipation.
1. Charges are usually incorporated into the final price, and would be reflected in the yield.

2. Bid is the (best) highest price someone is willing to pay for the bond, while offer is the lowest price at which the bond is being quoted.

3. There’s so many yields bandied around in the world of bonds. Coupon yield, yield-to-maturity, yield-to-call, etc. The two most common are the coupon yield and the yield to maturity (YTM). The YTM is the yield you commonly see quoted on the FMDQ webpages or the banks’ secondary offers. The YTM is a comprehensive yield that tries to determine the total interest you will receive over the duration of the tenor while considering the final redemption price and assuming you reinvest all coupons earned at the same rate. It is usually annualised in the wuotes
Re: Bonds Investors Hub by ImperialCovfefe: 11:49pm On Oct 04, 2021
ImperialCovfefe:

1. Charges are usually incorporated into the final price, and would be reflected in the yield.

2. Bid is the (best) highest price someone is willing to pay for the bond, while offer is the lowest price at which the bond is being quoted.

3. There’s so many yields bandied around in the world of bonds. Coupon yield, yield-to-maturity, yield-to-call, etc. The two most common are the coupon yield and the yield to maturity (YTM). The YTM is the yield you commonly see quoted on the FMDQ webpages or the banks’ secondary offers. The YTM is a comprehensive yield that tries to determine the total interest you will receive over the duration of the tenor while considering the final redemption price and assuming you reinvest all coupons earned at the same rate. It is usually annualised in the wuotes

The coupon yield is the simplest one to grasp: it basically states the yield in terms of the coupon and the current market price ([yearly coupon/market price] * 100). When in doubt, simply confirm from the adviser the type of yield being quoted
Re: Bonds Investors Hub by mickky22: 8:26am On Oct 06, 2021
Thanks all for your contributions
Re: Bonds Investors Hub by Akerewe(m): 2:53pm On Oct 08, 2021
Good day House, please any latest BOND OFFER IN THE MARKET ABOVE 12%?? if any kindly furnish me with information on it pls.
Re: Bonds Investors Hub by freeman67: 8:05pm On Oct 13, 2021
Akerewe:
Good day House, please any latest BOND OFFER IN THE MARKET ABOVE 12%?? if any kindly furnish me with information on it pls.

This one...but still in the range of 12%

Re: Bonds Investors Hub by Akerewe(m): 8:11pm On Oct 13, 2021
freeman67:

This one...but still in the range of 12%
I will prefer FGN BOND perhaps what's is senior unsecured bond ??
Re: Bonds Investors Hub by ImperialCovfefe: 10:08pm On Oct 13, 2021
Akerewe:

I will prefer FGN BOND perhaps what's is senior unsecured bond ??

Senior means it ranks higher than other debts if the company is liquidated to pay back creditors. In that eventuality holders of the debt are at the front of the queue.

Unsecured means the debt is not backed (or collateralised) by any of the company’s assets. You won’t be able to directly swap the debt for a particular asset in a default scenario.

These terms (along with others) allow investors to determine the appropriate level of credit risk they would be undertaking if they subscribe to the offer. This in turn helps determine the pricing which is reflected in the yield you see.

4 Likes

Re: Bonds Investors Hub by Akerewe(m): 10:18pm On Oct 14, 2021
ImperialCovfefe:

Senior means it ranks higher than other debts if the company is liquidated to pay back creditors. In that eventuality holders of the debt are at the front of the queue.

Unsecured means the debt is not backed (or collateralised) by any of the company’s assets. You won’t be able to directly swap the debt for a particular asset in a default scenario. Thanks a million

These terms (along with others) allows investors to determine the appropriate level of credit risk they would be undertaking if they subscribe to the offer. This in turn helps determines the pricing which is reflected in the yield you see.
Thanks a million
Re: Bonds Investors Hub by oludy: 4:47pm On Oct 26, 2021
Hi all,

Does anyone know if there will still be a SUKUK Bond offer this year?

Thanks.
Re: Bonds Investors Hub by oludy: 3:54pm On Nov 03, 2021
oludy:
Hi all,

Does anyone know if there will still be a SUKUK Bond offer this year?

Thanks.

Re: Bonds Investors Hub by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:33am On Nov 25, 2021
ImperialCovfefe:

Seen, you can edit his number.

Send his name
Re: Bonds Investors Hub by akinola98: 1:10pm On Jul 30, 2022
Hello People

Is it time to sell off acquired FGN bond ?? Since the FGN claims they are broke so we do not start hearing stories about unpaid coupons

What is your opinion on this pls Thanks
Re: Bonds Investors Hub by wuwu2: 1:52pm On Jul 30, 2022
akinola98:
Hello People

Is it time to sell off acquired FGN bond ?? Since the FGN claims they are broke so we do not start hearing stories about unpaid coupons

Lol. That's the inherent risk in bonds, also the sky high inflation rates is another. Decision to buy or sell is yours alone to make. Nigeria has not defaulted and is not currently considered high risk for default ( she is definitely high risk for investment though at this time). My question to u is if u decided to sell your bonds now, are u going to save the money in the bank (18 percent inflation rates)? Or do you have another vehicle that guarantees capital preservation at this time?
Re: Bonds Investors Hub by ernie4life(m): 2:09pm On Jul 30, 2022
akinola98:
Hello People

If you locked in at good yields then don't sell, so long as your bonds is in Naira, FGN will always pays, they can always print more money to pay you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bonds Investors Hub by akinola98: 5:57pm On Jul 30, 2022
ernie4life:

If you locked in at good yields then don't sell, so long as your bonds is in Naira, FGN will always pays, they can always print more money to pay you.

Thanks for the words of encouragement
Re: Bonds Investors Hub by akinola98: 5:59pm On Jul 30, 2022
wuwu2:

Lol. That's the inherent risk in bonds, also the sky high inflation rates is another. Decision to buy or sell is yours alone to make. Nigeria has not defaulted and is not currently considered high risk for default ( she is definitely high risk for investment though at this time). My question to u is if u decided to sell your bonds now, are u going to save the money in the bank (18 percent inflation rates)? Or do you have another vehicle that guarantees capital preservation at this time?

To be honest, if I liquidate now, I will not save the money but put it into my property investment
Re: Bonds Investors Hub by MeezPat(f): 3:22pm On Apr 18, 2023
Who has gotten April 2037 coupon

1 Like

Re: Bonds Investors Hub by freeman67: 6:02pm On Apr 18, 2023
MeezPat:
Who has gotten April 2037 coupon

Not yet still expecting it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

South African Lawmakers Worried About What Could Happen To Shoprite, Stanbic etc / NAIRALANDERS: Be Careful Of Where You Invest Your Money On This Platform. / MMM Yet To Pay Participants 72 Hours After Comeback

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.