Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,438 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:36 AM

A Lady Doesn't Have To Be A Feminist For She To Be Independent - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / A Lady Doesn't Have To Be A Feminist For She To Be Independent (1833 Views)

The Ideal Lady Doesn't Marry Rich / Angela Nwosu Smoking: "I Am Not A Wife Material, I Am Not A Feminist" / Spending Money On A Lady Doesn't Permit You To Sleep With Her. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Lady Doesn't Have To Be A Feminist For She To Be Independent by LadyMarionette(f): 3:32am On May 27, 2018
Elder001:

LOL! Advanced class!
How many independent ladies are feminists?
Nigeria for a case study.. how many independent ladies are feminists in Nigeria?.. do we even have up to 400 female feminists in Nigeria?

or you think you can just pickup your phone and start typing bullshit

Lol! Yes, advanced class. Saying that feminism has nothing to do with financial independence for women is absolutely ridiculous.

3 Likes

Re: A Lady Doesn't Have To Be A Feminist For She To Be Independent by LadyMarionette(f): 3:41am On May 27, 2018
Elder001:

Hanseel1 and Elder001 are my two monikers.. please this should be the last time you gonna quote any of them.

I hate Unintelligent and primitive people.

Oh, you wear out two monikers? This tragedy has been well noted. Be sure to expand the list here if you ever feel like having another name; I'd hate to stumble upon you too going forward.

2 Likes

Re: A Lady Doesn't Have To Be A Feminist For She To Be Independent by Rukkydelta(f): 9:09am On May 27, 2018
Elder001:

Your ignorance is vast..

who told you that most independent ladies are feminists?
Let's take Nigeria for instance how many feminists do we even have in Nigeria? I believe we can count them but we can't count the number of independent ladies in Nigeria, right?...
A lady doesn't have to be a feminist for she to be independent neither does an independent lady have to be a feminist.

In my article, you saw the figures I put up there. About or more than 75% of the American female population are independent.. less than 15% are feminists.

when some kids rant on nairaland that Linda Ikeji is a feminist ,I just ask myself if Nigerians really understand the meaning of feminism.

The fact that Linda Ikeji is an independent lady doesn't mean she's a feminist.
The fact that Linda Ikeji has been preaching to Nigerian ladies to be independent doesn't make her a feminist because financial independence is something every sensible lady is supposed to strive for.

A feminist doesn't have to announce that she's a feminist before she's recognized as one.. your works are the things that'll determine if you're a feminist.

How many times have Linda Ikeji, Toke Makinwa and so called Nigerian feminists organized seminars on the topic of feminism or female liberation or even empowerment? how many times have they given speeches on the matter of female equality?

For example.. The world's current population is 7.5billion or more.. let's say 4 or 5billion are females

The number of feminists in this world aren't up to 600million.

So I wonder where you came with your "most independent ladies are feminists " remark from.

and as for your last statement :
there are two types of males in this world:
Alpha males and
Beta Males.

Alpha males are the ones that won't share bills with their wives and at the same time won't share house chores with their wives... they're pre dominantly found in Africa and some parts of Asia.

Beta males are the ones that share bills with their wives and at the same time share house chores with their wives... they're pre dominantly found in western countries and some parts of Asia.

Alpha males are already going to extinction in civilized countries.. a lot of them have embraced the "Beta male" concept.
Smiles we ain't fighting smiley
Femininism to me is not making the male and female gender to be equal rather it's giving both gender equal rights and fighting against inequality. Male and female can't be equal not saying one is more better or higher than the other but a gender will do best what the other can't do.
What you think I'm is a sexist(trying to make the female gender a god) and it's mostly what most ladies here on nairaland expresses. Femininism is all about giving women opportunity too and also fighting against areas where the male gender is being supressed... Every woman ought to be a feminist going by the true definition of feminism which is against the oppression of the female folks cos I don't see any sane person to be against a movement that fights against their supression
Happy Sunday

2 Likes

Re: A Lady Doesn't Have To Be A Feminist For She To Be Independent by Boland(m): 12:47pm On May 27, 2018
Elder001:

"Anger leads no man anywhere rather it destructs" - Abraham Lincoln, 1884

Most independent ladies aren't feminists.

Less than 10% of feminists make up the world's female population.

Independent ladies makes up about 57% or more of the world's female population.
let's talk about Britain... Dependent ladies in the UK and Europe as whole are at an all time low according to a research carried out by daily mail.
More than 83% of British women are working and somehow independent.

40% of them support feminism.. 25% of them are feminists.

note: there's deference between supporting something and putting something into practice.

75% or more of the American female population are independent and less than 15% or less are feminists.

Do your research carefully before opening threads to say what you don't know.

More than 57% of the world's female population are independent...
We've less than 600million feminists in this world.

Always behave cautiously to avoid being disgraced.
Lol.. Disgraced? On a faceless forum?

Well, you have made your point and I quite agree with some.

Word of advice sire;
Make sure you rid your thought of any encumbrances before you put forth your assertions.
It is supposed to be a constructive criticism or opinion, not trowing tantrums. You don't need that.

I'm less concerned about what anyone thinks of me in here.

Thanks.
Re: A Lady Doesn't Have To Be A Feminist For She To Be Independent by IamPlato(m): 7:35am On May 30, 2018
UyaiIncomparabl:

Uncle ode!
Lol...

Are You A Feminist
Re: A Lady Doesn't Have To Be A Feminist For She To Be Independent by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 10:18am On May 30, 2018
IamPlato:

Lol...

Are You A Feminist

Not anywhere near that shit.
I just detest that guy!
Re: A Lady Doesn't Have To Be A Feminist For She To Be Independent by IamPlato(m): 10:27am On May 30, 2018
UyaiIncomparabl:

Not anywhere near that shit. I just detest that guy!

How Are You... Its Been Awhile
Re: A Lady Doesn't Have To Be A Feminist For She To Be Independent by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 10:34am On May 30, 2018
IamPlato:

How Are You... Its Been Awhile

Yes now. Dead Rat. I was aware of all that shitty scandal that ensued between you and some persons. That was really tragic. It's good you had to start on a whole new page.

I've been well though. You?
Re: A Lady Doesn't Have To Be A Feminist For She To Be Independent by IamPlato(m): 10:41am On May 30, 2018
UyaiIncomparabl:

Yes now. Dead Rat. I was aware of all that shitty scandal that ensued between you and some persons. That was really tragic. It's good you had to start on a whole new page.

I've been well though. You?

I Already Got Over That grin

I'm Doing Good... Whats Up With You Lately
Re: A Lady Doesn't Have To Be A Feminist For She To Be Independent by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 10:57am On May 30, 2018
IamPlato:

I Already Got Over That grin

I'm Doing Good... Whats Up With You Lately

I'm just here and there. Same old. Same old. Where are you based?
Re: A Lady Doesn't Have To Be A Feminist For She To Be Independent by IamPlato(m): 11:40am On May 30, 2018
UyaiIncomparabl:

I'm just here and there. Same old. Same old. Where are you based?

My Dear I'm In Lagos...

Thats A Breath Taking Picture You Got There wink
Re: A Lady Doesn't Have To Be A Feminist For She To Be Independent by Ivorianaija(f): 11:49am On May 30, 2018
Elder001:
A LADY DOESN'T HAVE TO BE A FEMINIST FOR SHE TO BE INDEPENDENT.

Hello Y'all.
Recently I saw a thread ,when I opened the thread I saw some people saying :Nigerian men hate feminists but they forget the good things they crave for comes with feminism ".

Now let's talk about the ignorance some people have on that matter. A woman doesn't have to be be a feminist before she can be independent. Independence is something every sensible woman is suppose to crave for.

Feminism is all about equal opportunities for both genders not financial independence. The founders of the feminism ideology didn't include financial independence in their cause" .Financial independence for ladies is another topic entirely on it's own.

Feminism is the advocacy of women's rights on the ground of the equality of the sexes.

Feminist movements have campaigned and continue to campaign for women's rights, including the right to vote, to hold public office, to work, to earn fair wages or equal pay, to own property, to receive education, to enter contracts, to have equal rights within marriage, and to have maternity leave. Feminists have also worked to ensure access to legal abortions and social integration, and to protect women and girls from rape, sexual harassment, and domestic violence and not independence because that's a different topic on it's own.

So a man can hate feminism and still want an independent wife.

about 75% of the American female population are independent.. who's gonna tell me they're all feminists?
The number of feminists among them aren't more than 15% even if more people support the ideology because there's difference between someone who's supporting something and someone who's practising the thing.

Y'all should stop spilling your ignorance everywhere okay.
Men can hate feminism and still crave for Independent ladies because financial independence has nothing to do with feminism.

Feminism is for the advocacy of the equality of the sexes, and part of that is for females to become independent of males, so that there will be no unequal treatment. That was the first step of second wave feminism. But thank you for the insight, and you're a good person smiley
Re: A Lady Doesn't Have To Be A Feminist For She To Be Independent by monex(m): 11:56am On May 30, 2018
LadyMarionette:
This is like saying that a bird doesn't have to be a duck in order to quack. You want it to quack but it shouldn't waddle. It shouldn't be a duck. Okay undecided. Even if the bird doesn't call itself a duck (because someone tries to convince it that it isn't one), if it quacks like duck............

What you are only trying to do is suppress its knowledge of itself, so that you can harvest the advantages to yourself without dealing with the parts that aren't so savory to you. Shame!

Feminism is a range of ideologies, political movements, and social movements that share a common goal: to define, establish, and achieve political, economic, personal, and social equality of the sexes. Before you claim that financial independence isn't part of the feminist agenda, you should enlighten yourself on the matter of economic empowerment.

he is saying the relationship isnt commutative.

all feminists are independent doesnt mean all independent ladies must be feminists
Re: A Lady Doesn't Have To Be A Feminist For She To Be Independent by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 12:57pm On May 30, 2018
IamPlato:

My Dear I'm In Lagos...

Thats A Breath Taking Picture You Got There wink

Lol. Thanks my man. I appreciate.
How's business/hustle or whatever you do?
Re: A Lady Doesn't Have To Be A Feminist For She To Be Independent by IamPlato(m): 1:43pm On May 30, 2018
UyaiIncomparabl:

Lol. Thanks my man. I appreciate. How's business/hustle or whatever you do?

We Still Hustling dear...

You Also Based In Lagos?
Re: A Lady Doesn't Have To Be A Feminist For She To Be Independent by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 1:44pm On May 30, 2018
IamPlato:

We Still Hustling dear...

You Also Based In Lagos?

Absolutely. I'm based here.
Re: A Lady Doesn't Have To Be A Feminist For She To Be Independent by IamPlato(m): 1:48pm On May 30, 2018
UyaiIncomparabl:

Absolutely. I'm based here.

Thats Good...

In Right Time We'll cross Paths smiley
Re: A Lady Doesn't Have To Be A Feminist For She To Be Independent by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 7:34pm On May 30, 2018
IamPlato:

Thats Good...

In Right Time We'll cross Paths smiley

Amen. I pray we will.
Re: A Lady Doesn't Have To Be A Feminist For She To Be Independent by iamJ(m): 8:02pm On May 30, 2018
All these bread sellers and sales girls here have damaged feminism, people will be looking at it as a bad thing thanks to the ignorance of those dirty girls

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Posts Controversial Picture Of Himself And Female Partner After Sex / Amber Rose Goes Gaga On Nude Pictures - Bill Okoi / Viewer Discretion: Slay Queen Run Mad On The Street

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.