Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,505 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:26 PM

Jonathan: I Am Ashamed Nigeria Used By Akufo-Addo As Negative Example - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan: I Am Ashamed Nigeria Used By Akufo-Addo As Negative Example (28505 Views)

I Peppered Goodluck Jonathan, I Am Going To Pepper Buhari Too / Goodluck Jonathan: I Have No Accounts Or Property Abroad / Femi Fani-Kayode: "Kumuyi Shaking Buhari, I Am Ashamed" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan: I Am Ashamed Nigeria Used By Akufo-Addo As Negative Example by ZombiePUNISHER: 6:34am On May 26, 2018
dadark:

nooooo,dont help me...any help from you is damnation.....

You don't mean that
We go way back
Just want to help you and put you in the right path
I know you love this country
It will crash under Buhari.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan: I Am Ashamed Nigeria Used By Akufo-Addo As Negative Example by dadark: 6:36am On May 26, 2018
ZombiePUNISHER:

You don't mean that
We go way back
Just want to help you and put you in the right path
I know you love this country
It will crash under Buhari.

what...??

are you high or what....?
Re: Jonathan: I Am Ashamed Nigeria Used By Akufo-Addo As Negative Example by ashjay001(m): 6:40am On May 26, 2018
ZombiePUNISHER:

L
And which country is the giant of Africa?

As a typical Nigerian, always answering questions with questionstongue

1. Which country, is d most populous in Africa?

2. Which country, has d largest economy in Africa?

3. Which country, has d largest, arable land in Africa?

4.Which country, has a state, that has d 3rd largest economy in Africa, when compared to other countries?

5. Which country, is d largest producer of crude oil n has d 2nd largest, crude oil reserves, in Africa?

Ans this n u just might have ur ans

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan: I Am Ashamed Nigeria Used By Akufo-Addo As Negative Example by HtwoOw: 6:45am On May 26, 2018
As if it's not cause and effect, they destroyed reserves, drove country to recession and still making mouth as is Buhari did anything wrong
amaechi1:
How come you did not mention opening of central bank vault for your cronies. Anyway stealing is not corruption.
Re: Jonathan: I Am Ashamed Nigeria Used By Akufo-Addo As Negative Example by OGAMINISTER: 6:59am On May 26, 2018
BankeSmalls:

Furl at #87 says it all.

That was during campaign, Buhari even reduced it to #86

1 Like

Re: Jonathan: I Am Ashamed Nigeria Used By Akufo-Addo As Negative Example by dudebuck: 7:01am On May 26, 2018
ashjay001:

4.Which country, has a state, that has d 3rd largest economy in Africa, when compared to other countries?

5. Which country, is d largest producer of crude oil n has d 2nd largest, crude oil reserves, in Africa?

Ans this n u just might have u ans
I am sorry, these things don't make you the giant of Africa.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan: I Am Ashamed Nigeria Used By Akufo-Addo As Negative Example by Oblang(m): 7:08am On May 26, 2018
Stealing is not corruption...

1 Like

Re: Jonathan: I Am Ashamed Nigeria Used By Akufo-Addo As Negative Example by ashjay001(m): 7:14am On May 26, 2018
dudebuck:
I am sorry, these things don't make you the giant of Africa.

He can be tallest

He can be d largest

He can be d widest

But, bcoz, he's stupid n poor, he can't be a giant

Westbestside:
Giant of wetin

As my pple will say; (wan fi, opolo e, ta kite)

1 Like

Re: Jonathan: I Am Ashamed Nigeria Used By Akufo-Addo As Negative Example by Yyeske(m): 7:20am On May 26, 2018
Everybody would just like to talk to be noticed and why is that our past leaders only receive sense when they are out of office.
OBJ started talking like a human being when his third term agenda failed.
GEJ started talking sense after he had depleted our reserves with virtually nothing to show for it aside from the private jets his cronies got is now trying to behave like a patriot.
Oga GEJ, go and sit down somewhere because your advice is no longer necessary, when it was has passed. See him talking of no rigging in Ekiti but he rigged Fayose in as money was flying upandan.

9 Likes

Re: Jonathan: I Am Ashamed Nigeria Used By Akufo-Addo As Negative Example by dudebuck: 7:21am On May 26, 2018
ashjay001:

He can be tallest
He can be d largest
He can be d widest
But, bcoz, he's stupid, he can't be a giant

Gbam
Re: Jonathan: I Am Ashamed Nigeria Used By Akufo-Addo As Negative Example by ashjay001(m): 7:26am On May 26, 2018
dudebuck:
Gbam

That's why, I av problems with wailers. Very illogical n sentimental.

What has stupidity, gats do with giantismangry

They're not siblings!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan: I Am Ashamed Nigeria Used By Akufo-Addo As Negative Example by Westbestside: 7:30am On May 26, 2018
ashjay001:

He can be tallest

He can be d largest

He can be d widest

But, bcoz, he's stupid n poor, he can't be a giant

Shut up, iwo lomo, ti won ba n fi opolo e ta ludo. Stop deceiving yourself, this poo nation is useless n not giant anywhere. Giant my foot.
Re: Jonathan: I Am Ashamed Nigeria Used By Akufo-Addo As Negative Example by modik(m): 7:33am On May 26, 2018
Diiet:
This one self dey talk....
Was your presidency any better than the current one? Nonsense.
The answer is bold YES

your economy is just crawling our of avoidable recession!
Re: Jonathan: I Am Ashamed Nigeria Used By Akufo-Addo As Negative Example by ashjay001(m): 7:41am On May 26, 2018
Westbestside:
Shut up, iwo lomo, ti won ba n fi opolo e ta ludo. Stop deceiving yourself, this poo nation is useless n not giant anywhere. Giant my foot.

Wailers: always involving sentiments, when sh*t goes down!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan: I Am Ashamed Nigeria Used By Akufo-Addo As Negative Example by ZombiePUNISHER: 7:42am On May 26, 2018
ashjay001:

Ans this n u just might have ur ans

Nigeria is a glorified disease that must be cured or else... The impulsion is going to bury us all..
It's time for us to tell ourselves the truth...
There is nothing giant about Nigeria...
You don't have light... Which smaller countries in Africa have in abundance...
You don't have a good healthcare... Your president can't trust his life with it... He prefers to waste money abroad..
You don't Jobs for the youths ... So let's call the lazy
Abeg make I stop here... I don tire
Let me forget Boko Haram... Fulani herdsmen.. Etc

1 Like

Re: Jonathan: I Am Ashamed Nigeria Used By Akufo-Addo As Negative Example by GavelSlam: 7:56am On May 26, 2018
Jonathan rigged the Ekiti election and even the 2015 presidential election.

It was the sheer determination and will of the people that pushed him out of office.

Hero my black azz.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan: I Am Ashamed Nigeria Used By Akufo-Addo As Negative Example by ashjay001(m): 8:07am On May 26, 2018
ZombiePUNISHER:

Nigeria is a glorified disease that must be cured or else... The impulsion is going to bury us all..
It's time for us to tell ourselves the truth...
There is nothing giant about Nigeria...
You don't have light... Which smaller countries in Africa have in abundance...
You don't have a good healthcare... Your president can't trust his life with it... He prefers to waste money abroad..
You don't Jobs for the youths ... So let's call the lazy
Abeg make I stop here... I don tire
Let me forget Boko Haram... Fulani herdsmen.. Etc

WTF has all what u listed, got to do with Nigeria, being giant of Africa

U can go round d country, retrieving d certificates of all these half-baked graduates, that can barely compete with their contemporaries in d continent, talkmore of d world at large!

Cos, according to ur logic, they can't be graduates!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan: I Am Ashamed Nigeria Used By Akufo-Addo As Negative Example by Yyeske(m): 8:12am On May 26, 2018
GavelSlam:
Jonathan rigged the Ekiti election and even the 2015 presidential election.

It was the sheer determination and will of the people that pushed him out of office.

Hero my black azz.
Thank you, I can't remember the name of that Army officer who spilled out the recordings of how the election in Ekiti was to be rigged, he had to go underground when he was identified. His younger brother was later arrested and detained, all happened with GEJ's knowledge and approval. Same GEJ is talking about no rigging now as if he knows what rigging means.
When I call him an ineffectual buffoon now, his wailers will start crying.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan: I Am Ashamed Nigeria Used By Akufo-Addo As Negative Example by ZombiePUNISHER: 8:16am On May 26, 2018
ashjay001:

WTF has all what u listed, got to do with Nigeria, being giant of Africa

U can go round d country, retrieving d certificates of all these half-baked graduates, that can barely compete with their contemporaries in d continent, talkmore of d world at large!

Cos, according to ur logic, they can't be graduates!

You can't call Nigeria giant of Africa because all they do best is marry four wives and bear fifteen children...
The nations population is turning into a curse...
No human capital development ...no planning
Just hardship and bad governance everywhere...
The Nigerian passport is useless
Re: Jonathan: I Am Ashamed Nigeria Used By Akufo-Addo As Negative Example by wirinet(m): 8:21am On May 26, 2018
yns4real:
…warns Buhari not to use powers to weaken democracy

Kamarudeen Ogundele, Ado Ekiti

Former President Goodluck Jonathan says he is ashamed that Nigeria is now being used as a negative example in the international community.

This man must have taken sheppe before making this speech, and the sheppe must have affected is memory. It is now that he is ashamed that Nigeria is being used as negative example in the international community. When he was ferrying plane loads of money to South Africa, causing diplomatic embarrassment for Nigeria, he was not ashamed then, when he was christened fortunato in Italy, he was not ashamed then, when her almost turn Nigeria to a pariah state as most countries refused to deal with us, he was not ashamed then.

He cited recent instances when the Ghanaian President, Nana Akufo-Addo, mocked the poor state of security in Nigeria and the naira’s weakening status.

What was the state of security when he was head of State. When Boko Haram was attacking Abuja, a few miles from Aso Rock, he was not ashamed when Boko Haram was in control of 14 local governments.

The former President lamented that things were so bad in the country that Nigeria had lost its respect in Africa.

And Nigeria had respect in Africa when Morocco was expelling our diplomats. When was there respect for Nigeria more in the international community, during his administration or during Buhari's administration?

He said, “He (Ghanaian President) said Ghana is not like Nigeria where cattle roam the streets.
And cows were not roaming the streets when you were in government?
Read this report to refresh your memory;

Safety issues: Cows on our roads
ADEKUNLE
3 OCT 2014
Cows have caused several accidents that claimed lives on our roads, yet nothing has been done about them. Last week in Abuja, a friend escaped accident near Asokoro District because some cows were crossing the road and the herdsmen tried to protect the younger ones from oncoming vehicles by standing at the center of the road, wielding his sword! You can run into cows anywhere in this country, and the question remains, why can’t Nigeria control cows?
https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2014/10/safety-issues-cows-roads/amp/

“I feel ashamed as a former President that the president of a neighbouring country used Nigeria as negative examples.

Have you forgotten that during your tenure all our neighbouring countries were not on good terms with us?

“If a neighbouring African president will use Nigeria to make negative examples, then we as leaders must know certain things are wrong in the country. That means we as leaders must change the way we do things.”

The bolded part of the statement is the most sober part of the whole speech. All Nigerian leaders including Jonathan is responsible for the mess we find ourselves today, no one can be exonerated.

Jonathan also advised President Muhammadu Buhari to resist pressure to rig the July 14 governorship election in Ekiti State and subsequent elections in the country.

And he did not resist the pressure to rig the election that brought in Fayose. Does he think we all have amnesia (of course PDP and it's allies have selective amnesia ). Jonathan used the military and the federal purse, with Obanikoro as point man to rig the last Ekiti Elections.

Jonathan also defended Nigerian youths, saying they were one of the best in the world and should not be branded lazy as recently remarked by Buhari.

“We must encourage young people to work hard. I don’t think Nigerian youths are lazy, I have worked with some of them in my cabinet as governor and president. Nigerian youths are great people with intelligence,” he said.

You do not think, or you know Nigerian youths are not lazy? Even your governor seem to think Bayelsa youths are lazy.

Bayelsans are so lazy, they want everything free, they are not ready to work, how do i repair the turbine when no one is ready to pay for services"
- Gov. Dickson on media Chat.
https://www.nairaland.com/3110142/bayelsans-lazy-governor-dickson

This is just a political speech in preparation for 2019.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan: I Am Ashamed Nigeria Used By Akufo-Addo As Negative Example by GavelSlam: 8:21am On May 26, 2018
Yyeske:
Thank you, I can't remember the name of that Army officer who spilled out the recordings of how the election in Ekiti was to be rigged, he had to go underground when he was identified. His younger brother was later arrested and detained, all happened with GEJ's knowledge and approval. Same GEJ is talking about no rigging now as if he knows what rigging means.
When I call him an ineffectual buffoon now, his wailers will start crying.

Don't mind them.

Jonathan and PDP resisted the use of card readers.

They postponed the election to see if they could gain grounds that had been lost, bribing all the "bribables".

Check out the campaign and results of Rivers state.

Have we forgotten how on live TV they shot up the place?

Up till the last moment Orubebe attempted a situation far worse then Senate mace theft.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan: I Am Ashamed Nigeria Used By Akufo-Addo As Negative Example by Gloriousgud: 8:27am On May 26, 2018
the only thing you leave behind is your good name. If you use it wrongly, posterity will haunt you. I call on Mr. Our true Democrat, Buhari will not and never hear o! by winning Ekiti Fulani's will have free entry into the whole Southwest. sure they will receive the biggest loose.
Re: Jonathan: I Am Ashamed Nigeria Used By Akufo-Addo As Negative Example by obowunmi(m): 8:34am On May 26, 2018
fallout87:
Intelligent and well thought out message from a president who has wished the best for Nigeria.

A president who didn't try to intimidate or jail APC members and Buhari to keep them from election..

A president who believed so much in democracy he didn't even challenge his loss, called and congratulated Buhari.. even though there was significant proof of rigging in the north...

A president who didn't want any bloodshed.. unlike the murderous fundamentalist Buhari who started rampage killings with his bitter utterances every time he lost in the past.

You get sense. Unlike BokoHoram Buhari
Re: Jonathan: I Am Ashamed Nigeria Used By Akufo-Addo As Negative Example by dudebuck: 8:36am On May 26, 2018
ashjay001:

That's why, I av problems with wailers. Very illogical n sentimental.

What has stupidity, gats do with giantismangry

They're not siblings!

You can be the fattest, but because you are a fool, you will never be the giant. Very simple to understand by open minded people, not Buhari's zombies
Re: Jonathan: I Am Ashamed Nigeria Used By Akufo-Addo As Negative Example by Paperwhite(m): 8:43am On May 26, 2018
Buhari government have simply bastardized all the good legacies of the Jonathan's regime.
Re: Jonathan: I Am Ashamed Nigeria Used By Akufo-Addo As Negative Example by sisisioge: 8:45am On May 26, 2018
Really? Look what you've done! Ndi oshi!
Re: Jonathan: I Am Ashamed Nigeria Used By Akufo-Addo As Negative Example by pedrilo: 8:48am On May 26, 2018
I watched as GEJ delivered his message yesterday. He didn't read a prepared speech and for the first time I saw a very coordinated and articulated Jonathan.
He is by far better than wat we have now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan: I Am Ashamed Nigeria Used By Akufo-Addo As Negative Example by KazeemIbrahim1: 8:49am On May 26, 2018
ZombiePUNISHER:

A goat is better than Buhari

Quote me anywhere
Seconded
Re: Jonathan: I Am Ashamed Nigeria Used By Akufo-Addo As Negative Example by beatmonster(m): 8:50am On May 26, 2018
yns4real:
…warns Buhari not to use powers to weaken democracy

Kamarudeen Ogundele, Ado Ekiti

Former President Goodluck Jonathan says he is ashamed that Nigeria is now being used as a negative example in the international community.

He cited recent instances when the Ghanaian President, Nana Akufo-Addo, mocked the poor state of security in Nigeria and the naira’s weakening status.

Jonathan spoke at the inauguration of the first bridge built by Governor Ayodele Fayose of Ekiti State in Ado Ekiti, the state capital, on Friday night.

The former President lamented that things were so bad in the country that Nigeria had lost its respect in Africa.

He said, “He (Ghanaian President) said Ghana is not like Nigeria where cattle roam the streets. At another occasion in the United Kingdom, he made scathing remarks about Nigeria’s currency.

“I feel ashamed as a former President that the president of a neighbouring country used Nigeria as negative examples.

“If a neighbouring African president will use Nigeria to make negative examples, then we as leaders must know certain things are wrong in the country. That means we as leaders must change the way we do things.”

The former President, therefore, urged Nigerian leaders to show serious concern, noting that many things had gone wrong in the country.

Jonathan also advised President Muhammadu Buhari to resist pressure to rig the July 14 governorship election in Ekiti State and subsequent elections in the country.

He praised the people of Ekiti for their support for the Peoples Democratic Party, urging them to support the youthful candidates of the party in the election.

The party has elected 50-year-old Deputy Governor, Prof. Kolapo Olusola, and 39-year-old Deji Ogunsakin as his running mate.

Jonathan described Fayose as an exemplary leader and loyal party man, who had done the PDP proud in all areas.

He said, “I don’t believe anybody can defeat the PDP in Ekiti if election is going to be held.”

He said, “I use this opportunity to call on Mr. President because I was there before. When you are there, there is so much pressure on you to use your power to subjugate democracy.

“Don’t do that because when you are going; the only thing you leave behind is your good name. If you use it wrongly, posterity will haunt you. I call on Mr. President to use his power to strengthen democracy.”

Jonathan also defended Nigerian youths, saying they were one of the best in the world and should not be branded lazy as recently remarked by Buhari.

“We must encourage young people to work hard. I don’t think Nigerian youths are lazy, I have worked with some of them in my cabinet as governor and president. Nigerian youths are great people with intelligence,” he said.

At the event, Governor Ayodele Fayose said the 77-member election committee raised by the All Progressives Congress for the Ekiti governorship election showed the desperation of the party to win at all costs.

“I will defeat them by the grace of God,” he said.

http://punchng.com/im-ashamed-nigerias-now-used-as-negative-example-jonathan/

Thunder fire you there Goodluck for allowing this calamity called Buhari on us. you had the power to remove Jega, cancel that election... but you kept quiet. mtshew

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan: I Am Ashamed Nigeria Used By Akufo-Addo As Negative Example by Misterdhee1(m): 8:51am On May 26, 2018
fallout87:
Intelligent and well thought out message from a president who has wished the best for Nigeria.

A president who didn't try to intimidate or jail APC members and Buhari to keep them from election..

A president who believed so much in democracy he didn't even challenge his loss, called and congratulated Buhari.. even though there was significant proof of rigging in the north...

A president who didn't want any bloodshed.. unlike the murderous fundamentalist Buhari who started rampage killings with his bitter utterances every time he lost in the past.
You have a short memory bro. Jonathan administration closed down many newspaper offices several times. He attacked APC officials many times and also rigged in the South South during the election. And will you deny he rigged Fayose in?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan: I Am Ashamed Nigeria Used By Akufo-Addo As Negative Example by DavidEsq(m): 8:53am On May 26, 2018
dadark:
sharrap....
Move along! Bombooclaat! Batty bwoi!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Omobolanle Sarumi Ashabi Aliyu, Oyo First Female Governorship Candidate / Video Shows 'Dancing' Link On Third Mainland Bridge / 2 Million Pounds ‘Stolen’ By Jeremiah Useni Seized In Jersey - Premium Times

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.