Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,886 members, 7,817,611 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:28 PM

Jonathan: I Am Ashamed Nigeria Used By Akufo-Addo As Negative Example - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan: I Am Ashamed Nigeria Used By Akufo-Addo As Negative Example (28506 Views)

I Peppered Goodluck Jonathan, I Am Going To Pepper Buhari Too / Goodluck Jonathan: I Have No Accounts Or Property Abroad / Femi Fani-Kayode: "Kumuyi Shaking Buhari, I Am Ashamed" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan: I Am Ashamed Nigeria Used By Akufo-Addo As Negative Example by Apostlenathan1(m): 11:13am On May 26, 2018
dadark:
sharrap....

If you were normal, you would have known ...
Re: Jonathan: I Am Ashamed Nigeria Used By Akufo-Addo As Negative Example by Epsilon92: 11:13am On May 26, 2018
May God hear our cry
yns4real:
…warns Buhari not to use powers to weaken democracy

Kamarudeen Ogundele, Ado Ekiti

Former President Goodluck Jonathan says he is ashamed that Nigeria is now being used as a negative example in the international community.

He cited recent instances when the Ghanaian President, Nana Akufo-Addo, mocked the poor state of security in Nigeria and the naira’s weakening status.

Jonathan spoke at the inauguration of the first bridge built by Governor Ayodele Fayose of Ekiti State in Ado Ekiti, the state capital, on Friday night.

The former President lamented that things were so bad in the country that Nigeria had lost its respect in Africa.

He said, “He (Ghanaian President) said Ghana is not like Nigeria where cattle roam the streets. At another occasion in the United Kingdom, he made scathing remarks about Nigeria’s currency.

“I feel ashamed as a former President that the president of a neighbouring country used Nigeria as negative examples.

“If a neighbouring African president will use Nigeria to make negative examples, then we as leaders must know certain things are wrong in the country. That means we as leaders must change the way we do things.”

The former President, therefore, urged Nigerian leaders to show serious concern, noting that many things had gone wrong in the country.

Jonathan also advised President Muhammadu Buhari to resist pressure to rig the July 14 governorship election in Ekiti State and subsequent elections in the country.

He praised the people of Ekiti for their support for the Peoples Democratic Party, urging them to support the youthful candidates of the party in the election.

The party has elected 50-year-old Deputy Governor, Prof. Kolapo Olusola, and 39-year-old Deji Ogunsakin as his running mate.

Jonathan described Fayose as an exemplary leader and loyal party man, who had done the PDP proud in all areas.

He said, “I don’t believe anybody can defeat the PDP in Ekiti if election is going to be held.”

He said, “I use this opportunity to call on Mr. President because I was there before. When you are there, there is so much pressure on you to use your power to subjugate democracy.

“Don’t do that because when you are going; the only thing you leave behind is your good name. If you use it wrongly, posterity will haunt you. I call on Mr. President to use his power to strengthen democracy.”

Jonathan also defended Nigerian youths, saying they were one of the best in the world and should not be branded lazy as recently remarked by Buhari.

“We must encourage young people to work hard. I don’t think Nigerian youths are lazy, I have worked with some of them in my cabinet as governor and president. Nigerian youths are great people with intelligence,” he said.

At the event, Governor Ayodele Fayose said the 77-member election committee raised by the All Progressives Congress for the Ekiti governorship election showed the desperation of the party to win at all costs.

“I will defeat them by the grace of God,” he said.

http://punchng.com/im-ashamed-nigerias-now-used-as-negative-example-jonathan/
Re: Jonathan: I Am Ashamed Nigeria Used By Akufo-Addo As Negative Example by Nobody: 11:16am On May 26, 2018
ashjay001:

Wailers: always involving sentiments, when sh*t goes down!
this one doesn't even know Nigeria was already broke during GEJs tenure

1 Like

Re: Jonathan: I Am Ashamed Nigeria Used By Akufo-Addo As Negative Example by ICEFLAME419ja(m): 11:18am On May 26, 2018
dadark:
sharrap....

Your fada
Re: Jonathan: I Am Ashamed Nigeria Used By Akufo-Addo As Negative Example by dadark: 11:20am On May 26, 2018
ICEFLAME419ja:

Your fada

uhhhh....

your left yansh....

1 Like

Re: Jonathan: I Am Ashamed Nigeria Used By Akufo-Addo As Negative Example by salam1(m): 11:23am On May 26, 2018
ZombiePUNISHER:

A goat is better than Buhari

Quote me anywhere
and a pig is better than u,how do u feel?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan: I Am Ashamed Nigeria Used By Akufo-Addo As Negative Example by Antangonist: 11:23am On May 26, 2018
Uncle Jonathan, were u not in power when you publicly uttered that stealing is not corruption?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan: I Am Ashamed Nigeria Used By Akufo-Addo As Negative Example by brodalokie: 11:30am On May 26, 2018
Re: Jonathan: I Am Ashamed Nigeria Used By Akufo-Addo As Negative Example by malikberry100(m): 11:33am On May 26, 2018
yns4real:
…warns Buhari not to use powers to weaken democracy

Kamarudeen Ogundele, Ado Ekiti

Former President Goodluck Jonathan says he is ashamed that Nigeria is now being used as a negative example in the international community.

He cited recent instances when the Ghanaian President, Nana Akufo-Addo, mocked the poor state of security in Nigeria and the naira’s weakening status.

Jonathan spoke at the inauguration of the first bridge built by Governor Ayodele Fayose of Ekiti State in Ado Ekiti, the state capital, on Friday night.

The former President lamented that things were so bad in the country that Nigeria had lost its respect in Africa.

He said, “He (Ghanaian President) said Ghana is not like Nigeria where cattle roam the streets. At another occasion in the United Kingdom, he made scathing remarks about Nigeria’s currency.

“I feel ashamed as a former President that the president of a neighbouring country used Nigeria as negative examples.

“If a neighbouring African president will use Nigeria to make negative examples, then we as leaders must know certain things are wrong in the country. That means we as leaders must change the way we do things.”

The former President, therefore, urged Nigerian leaders to show serious concern, noting that many things had gone wrong in the country.

Jonathan also advised President Muhammadu Buhari to resist pressure to rig the July 14 governorship election in Ekiti State and subsequent elections in the country.

He praised the people of Ekiti for their support for the Peoples Democratic Party, urging them to support the youthful candidates of the party in the election.

The party has elected 50-year-old Deputy Governor, Prof. Kolapo Olusola, and 39-year-old Deji Ogunsakin as his running mate.

Jonathan described Fayose as an exemplary leader and loyal party man, who had done the PDP proud in all areas.

He said, “I don’t believe anybody can defeat the PDP in Ekiti if election is going to be held.”

He said, “I use this opportunity to call on Mr. President because I was there before. When you are there, there is so much pressure on you to use your power to subjugate democracy.

“Don’t do that because when you are going; the only thing you leave behind is your good name. If you use it wrongly, posterity will haunt you. I call on Mr. President to use his power to strengthen democracy.”

Jonathan also defended Nigerian youths, saying they were one of the best in the world and should not be branded lazy as recently remarked by Buhari.

“We must encourage young people to work hard. I don’t think Nigerian youths are lazy, I have worked with some of them in my cabinet as governor and president. Nigerian youths are great people with intelligence,” he said.

At the event, Governor Ayodele Fayose said the 77-member election committee raised by the All Progressives Congress for the Ekiti governorship election showed the desperation of the party to win at all costs.

“I will defeat them by the grace of God,” he said.

Small local government like ghana too dey open mouth dey talk,ghana population that is not even upto that of lagos dey brag even the stable electricity they claim they are having were are they buying the megawatts from is it not the same nigeria,i dont blame them i blame our nigerians who go there for study and hustle,small local govt country like ghana.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan: I Am Ashamed Nigeria Used By Akufo-Addo As Negative Example by ashjay001(m): 11:36am On May 26, 2018
TheKingIsHere:

America mocking Nigeria is still better than ordinary Ghana mocking us now under this curse dullardeen called Buhari.

Ordinary Ghana, has been getting it right, for long time. 19yrs into d 3rd republic, we're still here
Re: Jonathan: I Am Ashamed Nigeria Used By Akufo-Addo As Negative Example by ashjay001(m): 11:37am On May 26, 2018
silastemplar:
this one doesn't even know Nigeria was already broke during GEJs tenure

They knew, very well, intact. But, allow sentiments n stupidity, to cloud their memories. Fair weather friends!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan: I Am Ashamed Nigeria Used By Akufo-Addo As Negative Example by Charly68: 12:06pm On May 26, 2018
Good luck is a great comedian ..with all the terrible atrocities under your watch,you don't want the world to ridicule us ? God have mercy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan: I Am Ashamed Nigeria Used By Akufo-Addo As Negative Example by emeka1101: 12:21pm On May 26, 2018
malikberry100:
Small local government like ghana too dey open mouth dey talk,ghana population that is not even upto that of lagos dey brag even the stable electricity they claim they are having were are they buying the megawatts from is it not the same nigeria,i dont blame them i blame our nigerians who go there for study and hustle,small local govt country like ghana.
Seems you need to seek better education in GH with this kinda English.
Bad English man.
Re: Jonathan: I Am Ashamed Nigeria Used By Akufo-Addo As Negative Example by Nobody: 12:25pm On May 26, 2018
Oh, boy! This man is truly a Democrat!

Despite being in the opposition, check out his choice of words! shocked

His words are so peaceful, strengthening and inspirational.

Reno, you have one more thing to learn from your former Boss.
Re: Jonathan: I Am Ashamed Nigeria Used By Akufo-Addo As Negative Example by emeka1101: 12:26pm On May 26, 2018
TheKingIsHere:

America mocking Nigeria is still better than ordinary Ghana mocking us now under this curse dullardeen called Buhari.
Ordinary Gh is far better than the zoo called nigeria in everything so what are you talking about?
Re: Jonathan: I Am Ashamed Nigeria Used By Akufo-Addo As Negative Example by erico2k2(m): 12:29pm On May 26, 2018
RZArecta2:
see as you dey smell cool
Like kanu meat
Re: Jonathan: I Am Ashamed Nigeria Used By Akufo-Addo As Negative Example by TheKingIsHere: 1:02pm On May 26, 2018
ashjay001:

Ordinary Ghana, has been getting it right, for long time. 19yrs into d 3rd republic, we're still here
And whose fault was it?

Have you forgotten buhari was among the people that destroyed the country in 1975? And he is stilll destroying the economy today.
Re: Jonathan: I Am Ashamed Nigeria Used By Akufo-Addo As Negative Example by Macon1212: 1:11pm On May 26, 2018
Jonathan you should be ashamed talking like this because under your watch billions of dollars we're stolen and siphoned abroad.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan: I Am Ashamed Nigeria Used By Akufo-Addo As Negative Example by shomutuski(m): 1:45pm On May 26, 2018
dadark:
sharrap....

you just said whats on my mind........... this dumb bayelsa drunkard claiming class.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan: I Am Ashamed Nigeria Used By Akufo-Addo As Negative Example by Oxalic(m): 1:50pm On May 26, 2018
yns4real:

[b]Jonathan also advised President Muhammadu Buhari to resist pressure to rig the July 14 governorship election in Ekiti State and subsequent elections in the country.[/b

[b]He said, “I use this opportunity to call on Mr. President because I was there before. When you are there, there is so much pressure on you to use your power to subjugate democracy.

Words on marble.

A true Democrat speaking here.

God bless you Sir.
Re: Jonathan: I Am Ashamed Nigeria Used By Akufo-Addo As Negative Example by brodalokie: 1:52pm On May 26, 2018
TheKingIsHere:
And whose fault was it?

Have you forgotten buhari was among the people that destroyed the country in 1975? And he is stilll destroying the economy today.

The person I campaigned for blindly without a dime made a deal with Bihari to continue from where he stopped. I ran to my state, and voted the current governor but yet after 3 years they're still drinking my blood together. Today they are politician, tomorrow they are traditionalist, later religious then education, then family matter, just like an endless line of anon waiting for their bite of my flesh.
I am even confused set...
Re: Jonathan: I Am Ashamed Nigeria Used By Akufo-Addo As Negative Example by InvertedHammer: 1:53pm On May 26, 2018
fallout87:
Intelligent and well thought out message from a president who has wished the best for Nigeria.

A president who didn't try to intimidate or jail APC members and Buhari to keep them from election..

A president who believed so much in democracy he didn't even challenge his loss, called and congratulated Buhari.. even though there was significant proof of rigging in the north...

A president who didn't want any bloodshed.. unlike the murderous fundamentalist Buhari who started rampage killings with his bitter utterances every time he lost in the past.

You people have short attention span.
What was so bad that you bought into CHANGE?
No light. No jobs (his ministers scammed job applicants, many of them died in the process and the ministers went scot-free).
Have you forgotten Amaechi vs CP Rivers state saga engineered by GEJ?
EW road? Enugu-PH road? Osha-Enugu rd? Otuoke road?

If GEJ was all you said he is, why did he lose to a senile, uneducated almajiri? I guess all his maladministrations are acceptable and forgiven because he conceded a lost election.

Nigerians deserve what they get.

/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan: I Am Ashamed Nigeria Used By Akufo-Addo As Negative Example by Oxalic(m): 1:59pm On May 26, 2018
InvertedHammer:

You people have short attention span.
What was so bad that you bought into CHANGE?
No light. No jobs (his ministers scammed job applicants, many of them died in the process and the ministers went scot-free).
Have you forgotten Amaechi vs CP Rivers state saga engineered by GEJ?
EW road? Enugu-PH road? Osha-Enugu rd? Otuoke road?

If GEJ was all you said he is, why did he lose to a senile, uneducated almajiri? I guess all his maladministrations are acceptable and forgiven because he conceded a lost election.

Nigerians deserve what they get.

/

GEJ lost because there was high level conspiracy against him both nationally and internationally.

Nigerians were deceived. Now, we know better.
Re: Jonathan: I Am Ashamed Nigeria Used By Akufo-Addo As Negative Example by deomelo: 1:59pm On May 26, 2018
IgbosAreOsus:

Woe betide you Jonathan.
You Jonathan championed the precedence of looting, Embezzlement and corruption.
You are a thief.

Funny the looting and stealing is not corruption clown is talking about rigging elections in Ekiti as if we'e forgotten how he used the military to rig elections in ekiti, the audio evidence where his ministers like Obanikoro and military leaders discussed how to rig and fund elections in ekiti per orders from Jona in ABuja and even how Fayose collected DASUKI/ATM money to rig the same election in ekiti.

The fact that Jona and this fayose clown are not in jail is a reflection of of our very lawless society.

...but fayose's immunity is about to end so there is light at the end of his miserable tunnel.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan: I Am Ashamed Nigeria Used By Akufo-Addo As Negative Example by dadark: 2:03pm On May 26, 2018
Westbestside:
Giant of wetin

giant of fishes in otuoke river....

1 Like

Re: Jonathan: I Am Ashamed Nigeria Used By Akufo-Addo As Negative Example by ashjay001(m): 2:05pm On May 26, 2018
TheKingIsHere:
And whose fault was it?

Oga oshocked

Bandying fake info, all over!

PMB built most of our refineries! Was that destroying d economy Which govt, since then, has added any again? If he hadn't, which govt, do u think, could have built us refineries? Govts, that couldn't even maintain, d ones he built

D cheapest refineries, modular ones, are just being built, under him, again!?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan: I Am Ashamed Nigeria Used By Akufo-Addo As Negative Example by Balyz: 2:08pm On May 26, 2018
BankeSmalls:

smello
Piggie

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan: I Am Ashamed Nigeria Used By Akufo-Addo As Negative Example by deomelo: 2:13pm On May 26, 2018
[s]
fallout87:
Intelligent and well thought out message from a president who has wished the best for Nigeria.

A president who didn't try to intimidate or jail APC members and Buhari to keep them from election..

A president who believed so much in democracy he didn't even challenge his loss, called and congratulated Buhari.. even though there was significant proof of rigging in the north...

A president who didn't want any bloodshed.. unlike the murderous fundamentalist Buhari who started rampage killings with his bitter utterances every time he lost in the past.
[/s]

Jonathan’s War Against Media Enters Second Day …Impounds Major Newspapers, Circulation Vehicles, Arrest Drivers

The President Goodluck Jonathan regime on Saturday continued its onslaught on the media by impounding packs of major newspapers, their circulation vehicles and arresting drivers.

The clampdown, which began on Friday, entered its second day on Saturday with greater ferocity. Our correspondents, who monitored developments round the country, report that early on Saturday morning, soldiers stormed newspaper distribution centres in the Federal Capital Territory and other parts of Nigeria.

In Abuja, Saturday Punch could not distribute early because soldiers barricaded the newspaper distribution centre at Garki, ‘Area One’, marching out newspaper marketers, distributors and vendors around 2am.

This was similar to what happened on Friday when soldiers and officials of the State Security Service tore wrappers of The Punch at the Murtala Mohammed Airport, Ikeja, Lagos, damaging copies of the newspaper in the process.

On Saturday, the armed soldiers prevented marketers from offloading newspapers from distribution vans that brought the papers to the centre.

The military men searched each of the marketers, distributors and vendors, before allowing them to enter the centre.

The situation worsened around 7am, when the soldiers ordered them to go home, declaring that they would not allow distribution of the newspapers.

When the workers of the media houses and distributors assembled near the centre, the soldiers dispersed them, threatening to deal with any one who failed to leave the area.

The Chairman of the Board of Trustees of Newspaper Distributors in Abuja, Mr. Oladipupo Moses, said the distribution vans in the custody of the soldiers included those of The Guardian, Leadership, Thisday, Daily Trust, Sun, Pilot, Newswatch and The National Mirror.

Oladipupo said the soldiers led by an officer in a green tracksuit said henceforth, all distributors and vendors must operate with identity cards.

He said, “They impounded all our distribution vans. The soldiers then searched all of us. They didn’t allow us to distribute newspapers.”

http://www.thegazellenews.com/2014/06/08/jonathans-war-against-media-enters-second-day-impounds-major-newspapers-circulation-vehicles-arrest-drivers/

So, Jona's tyrannical suppression and assault on he free media by the military was democracy right?

Looting our $2 billion/DASUKI ATM was democracy too right?

Scamming employed job seeking your Nigerians and killing them was democracy too right?

Letting BH take over Nigerian territories while he give lavish awards to his military service chiefs while the same service chiefs loot us dry and saddled our military with obsolete and substandard weapons was democracy too right

Nigerian kicked him out of aso rock for good reasons and they'll do everything in their power to make sure the PDP remains is not anywhere close to Aso Rock.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan: I Am Ashamed Nigeria Used By Akufo-Addo As Negative Example by deomelo: 2:16pm On May 26, 2018
One thing we can all agree on is the fact that Jona is relevant when it comes to Igbos, but he's worthless and absolutely not relevant according to Nigerians and even his own ijaw people.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan: I Am Ashamed Nigeria Used By Akufo-Addo As Negative Example by Nobody: 2:20pm On May 26, 2018
ZombiePUNISHER:

And which country is the giant of Africa?
I hope he's not referring to the zoo republic?
Re: Jonathan: I Am Ashamed Nigeria Used By Akufo-Addo As Negative Example by CSTR1003: 2:20pm On May 26, 2018
As much as buhari is not fit for presidency, the Ghanaians are very unprofessional.

A sign of an inferiority complex.

It seems Nigeria is dealing with them in regards to trade, and the Ghana man is kicking back in whatever way he feels he can.
Or the Ghanaian president feels that blowing out someone else big candle will make his own small candle shine brighter.

Either way, he is deluded.

Terrible leadership from Ghana.
Re: Jonathan: I Am Ashamed Nigeria Used By Akufo-Addo As Negative Example by CSTR1003: 2:22pm On May 26, 2018
deomelo:
One thing we can all agree on is the fact that Jona is relevant when it comes to Igbos, but he's worthless and absolutely not relevant according to Nigerians and even his own ijaw people.
IPOB alone did not give him over 10million votes, you ignorant afonja simpleton.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

2 Former Kogi Governors Pledge Their Support For Dino Melaye / Nigeria Well-equipped To Handle Cases Of Coronavirus, Says Lai Mohammed / Buhari Has Nothing New To Offer: PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.