Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,397 members, 7,815,867 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:45 PM

Twitter Users List What They Consider As 'toxic Femininity' - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Twitter Users List What They Consider As 'toxic Femininity' (17594 Views)

2face's Marriage: Which Of Them Is Truly Responsible For The Toxic Marriage? / 2019: List What God Did For You This Year / Photos Of A Man's Dirty House Got Twitter Users Arguing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Twitter Users List What They Consider As 'toxic Femininity' by laudate: 3:29pm On May 26, 2018
nezer83:
Oga, stop this propaganda.
A Muslim man is permitted to have up to 4 wives only under his care. If he chose he can divorce one and replace her or even divorce all and replace them.
If u claim women are not relegated in Islam, then why do the women have a separate chamber behind the men in the mosque...huh??
Not only that, their women are expected to cover up everywhere with hijab or burqa. sad They are unable to express their freedom in simple issues like dressing. Na wa, o! shocked Christianity has its' own flaws, but I prefer it ten million times over and above any other religion!
Re: Twitter Users List What They Consider As 'toxic Femininity' by Gerrard59(m): 3:34pm On May 26, 2018
kolawoleibukun2:
that

Nigeria, being the 5th largest consumer of Japanese products in the world, do not have an Assembly Plant for Toyota.
We do not have assembly plants for Mercedes Benz, Hyundai, Honda, etc.
Despite the fast growth of broadcasting & ICT in Nigeria, we do not have assembly plants for any of the producers of all electronic appliances such as Samsung, Sony, Nokia, HP, Techno, etc.
Major software development contracts are warehoused from offshore.
Corporate Executives & politicians give more preference to foreign trainings, foreign medical services, foreign food items & foreign dresses.
With the growth in aviation, aircraft maintenance are done offshore.
Most fishing companies have been taken over by the Indian.
Chinese n Indians are leading farmers with GMO n biotechnology across d country while Nigerians are busy selling land.
Who will u blame if foreigners are now the land owners after all you can't eat your cake n have it.
Hmmmm.....

This is false.

https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/corporate/539550-634090-6lyh59z/index.html

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_used_vehicle_exporting

As for the rest of your post, you are right that there are opportunities in the country. But the cost of operating a business is damn too high! Coupled with a system where nothing works.
Re: Twitter Users List What They Consider As 'toxic Femininity' by GreyBlood: 3:35pm On May 26, 2018
A lady came to my office to buy a laptop, she was pointing at some really heavy ugly laptops and I told her how skeptical I was about her actually liking those ones if I bring them out for her then I suggested something slim, pink and more feminine.
She shut me a mean look and asked why I chose this for her and I explained that it looked more feminine and colourful . She got offended and left my office. I tried stopping her but she said she doesn't like people like me and stumped out.
Re: Twitter Users List What They Consider As 'toxic Femininity' by babasolution: 4:12pm On May 26, 2018
kolawoleibukun2:
that one na dem own

The fall of the Naira did not just happen overnight When Naira was stronger was when we had,
1. Peugeot Automobile Nigeria.
2. Volkswagen Nigeria.
3. Dunlop Nigeria LTD
4. Michellin, Nigeria
5. BATA.
6. LENNARDS.
7. Nigerian Airways.
8. Steel Rolling Mill, Osogbo.
9. Steel Rolling Mill, Ajaokuta
10. Arewa Textile Mill.
11. BEREC Battery.
12. ANAMCO
13. General Motors.
14. Kingsway.
15 A.G. Leventis
16 Bhojson's
17. IBM
18. IICC.
19. RANGERS FOOTBALL CLUB.
20. ETC
Free fall started when we abandoned,
1. IICC for ARSENAL
2. RANGERS for MAN. U.
3. EYINMBA for LIVERPOOL.
4. NIGERIA AIRWAYS for BA
5. YANKARI for DISNEY LAND.
6. GURARA for ISRAEL.
7. IKOGOSI for UK .
8. PALM WINE for HENESSY.
9. AREWA for SWISS LACE.
10. ARIARIA for ITALIAN SHOES.
11. MAMA PUT for QUILOX.
12. OJA OBA for SHOPRITE.
There is practically nothing on ground in Nigeria to attract the dollar. Naija brands are sponsoring foreign clubs.
A bottle of Henessy is 110k in Quilox, in V.I. The voice over of ARIK AIR advert was done by an English man.
And we are growing the NAIRA!

Nigeria, being the 5th largest consumer of Japanese products in the world, do not have an Assembly Plant for Toyota.
We do not have assembly plants for Mercedes Benz, Hyundai, Honda, etc.
Despite the fast growth of broadcasting & ICT in Nigeria, we do not have assembly plants for any of the producers of all electronic appliances such as Samsung, Sony, Nokia, HP, Techno, etc.
Major software development contracts are warehoused from offshore.
Corporate Executives & politicians give more preference to foreign trainings, foreign medical services, foreign food items & foreign dresses.
With the growth in aviation, aircraft maintenance are done offshore.
Most fishing companies have been taken over by the Indian.
Chinese n Indians are leading farmers with GMO n biotechnology across d country while Nigerians are busy selling land.
Who will u blame if foreigners are now the land owners after all you can't eat your cake n have it.
Hmmmm.....

i bet the crumbling of these industries were deliberate acts,or due to foolishness of our leaders,we just have to recover,all hope is not lost,but we need to unite against the murderer called buhari and vote him out

1 Like

Re: Twitter Users List What They Consider As 'toxic Femininity' by carinmom(f): 4:21pm On May 26, 2018
nezer83:

Oga, stop this propaganda.
A Muslim man is permitted to have up to 4 wives only under his care. If he chose he can divorce one and replace her or even divorce all and replace them.
If u claim women are not relegated in Islam, then why do the women have a separate chamber behind the men in the mosque...huh??
You are the one who should stop the propaganda, are Muslim men the only men who are polygamous? Many cultures permits the practice of polygamy where men could marry as many women as they want at thesame time unlike in Islam where the limit is 4 at a time.
Islam is not a religion of hypocrisy where a man who is polygamous in nature would only be permitted to marry one wife which results in cases of adultery.
Yes you are right women have separate chamber behind men in the mosque because everyone is there for the worship, the physical contact between men and women is unnecessary as that could lead to distractions, so Islam knowing the nature of men to be easily distracted by the opposite sex allows women to pray behind men in order to minimise the distractions during prayers. Mosques are not like churches where there is mix up between both sexes leading to temptations in the house of God.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter Users List What They Consider As 'toxic Femininity' by kolawoleibukun2: 4:23pm On May 26, 2018
Are you talking of used cars [/b]or Japanese products?
Have you checked Nigerian customs profile begin saying that it is false?
are you comparing 48m Kenya importing used japanese cars to 180m importing japanese [b]product
?
get the point. your assumption is narrowed in used cars. I am talking about japanese PRODUCTS

Did you know that toyota is on every roads in nigeria? what country owns that product? Do you know that toyota spare parts are the most sought after by marketers and distributors? ask any igbo man trading cars for more information. before you day say person day lie you cannot base you judgment on an unreliable source. conduct feasibility studies and you will marvel. 7 out of 10 top selling cars in nigeria are Japanese. 7 out of 10 that is if i am not being modest. so compare that alone to your Kenyan drama. we are only talking cars.

so ranging from electric iron, mixer, microwave, households etc
I just think that you base your knowledge on lazy bloggers.
just use your head use the picture i atttached to reason where the cars and okada way we day ride for nigeria since come from

Gerrard59:

This is false.

https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/corporate/539550-634090-6lyh59z/index.html

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_used_vehicle_exporting

As for the rest of your post, you are right that there are opportunities in the country. But the cost of operating a business is damn too high! Coupled with a system where nothing works.

Re: Twitter Users List What They Consider As 'toxic Femininity' by carinmom(f): 4:35pm On May 26, 2018
happney65:

Ohh ohhh,Yet in modern day 2018 women are just given rights to drive something as simple as a car in saudi-arabia..Rights indeed..Rights my foot..Yeye
That is their choice, if you want to argue about Islam never make reference to individual Muslims or countries because they are not perfect and Islam is perfect. Islam is not against women driving cars and if you want to claim otherwise make sure you quote reliable Islamic sources.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter Users List What They Consider As 'toxic Femininity' by thunderbabs: 4:35pm On May 26, 2018
kimbraa:
Let me take a leaf off Adichie's Harvard speech.

"Sometimes, your choices will not align with your ideologies. You know why? Humans are flawed".

What amazes me the most is how Nigerian guys spend so much time just to discourse feminism or denigrate women while these ladies keep getting wiser by each passing day. You'll soon blame feminism for being the reason for your downfall.

Itz okay if you took a branch of leaves off her speech.

What ladies are getting wiser? Lol. The leaf you took off her speech still applies to you in this context as well. Its like saying coz women inequality is debatable, that makes guys, what? fools? Excuse me miss feminist. Coz you are pro-feminist doesnt make another female one, less guys?

Have you not heard also? If you understood that humans cling to different views as a result of their perceptions, you wldnt need to add ur last sentence. We only try to find a comon ground in the midst of our differences in order to progress. That's how the system of things is run.

I understand better, no need for further controversy.
Re: Twitter Users List What They Consider As 'toxic Femininity' by Gerrard59(m): 5:22pm On May 26, 2018
kolawoleibukun2:
Are you talking of used cars [/b]or Japanese products?
Have you checked Nigerian customs profile begin saying that it is false?
are you comparing 48m Kenya importing used japanese cars to 180m importing japanese [b]product
?
get the point. your assumption is narrowed in used cars. I am talking about japanese PRODUCTS

Did you know that toyota is on every roads in nigeria? what country owns that product? Do you know that toyota spare parts are the most sought after by marketers and distributors? ask any igbo man trading cars for more information. before you day say person day lie you cannot base you judgment on an unreliable source. conduct feasibility studies and you will marvel. 7 out of 10 top selling cars in nigeria are Japanese. 7 out of 10 that is if i am not being modest. so compare that alone to your Kenyan drama. we are only talking cars.

so ranging from electric iron, mixer, microwave, households etc
I just think that you base your knowledge on lazy bloggers.
just use your head use the picture i atttached to reason where the cars and okada way we day ride for nigeria since come from

Nigeria is not in the top five of importers of Japanese used cars let alone new ones. You want a Toyota plant when you are not in the top five?

Until there's data to support your claims, I maintain my stance on Nigeria not being a major importer of Japanese products. That there are used Toyotas everywhere doesn't mean we're amongst the top five importers of the products.

And don't use population to gauge purchasing power. Switzerland has less than ten million residents but Swiss possess a higher purchasing power than Nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: Twitter Users List What They Consider As 'toxic Femininity' by happney65: 5:26pm On May 26, 2018
Tariq2:
if you a so dumb as bleeped and dont have any knowledge about peoples religion ,you should just asked instead of saying rubbish. first of all whether you are a christain or athiest i dont fucking care.. islam clearly stated in the quran the rights of women over there men and vise-vasa.. ISLAM IS THE ONLY RELIGION THAT RESPECT WOMEN.. women voice a heard so loud in islam.. men are allowed to take more than one wife, how is it your business or are the women complaining? it's there religion not yours.. and hail yes men and women can never be equal[color=#006600][/color].

See this weere,Yet in modern day 2018 women are just given rights to drive something as simple as a car in saudi-arabia..Rights indeed..Rights my foot..Yeye
Re: Twitter Users List What They Consider As 'toxic Femininity' by Fuadeiza(m): 5:30pm On May 26, 2018
carinmom:

That is their choice, if you want to argue about Islam never make reference to individual Muslims or countries because they are not perfect and Islam is perfect. Islam is not against women driving cars and if you want to claim otherwise make sure you quote reliable Islamic sources.

Sincerely, I like the way you've handled this situation so far, very mature, no insults... very good

1 Like

Re: Twitter Users List What They Consider As 'toxic Femininity' by kolawoleibukun2: 5:45pm On May 26, 2018
Good afternoon
Gerrard59:

Nigeria is not in the top five of importers of Japanese used cars let alone new ones. You want a Toyota plant when you are not in the top five?

Until there's data to support your claims, I remain my stance on Nigeria not being a major importer of Japanese products. That there are used Toyotas everywhere doesn't mean we're amongst the top five importers of the products.

And don't use population to gauge purchasing power. Switzerland has less than ten million residents but Swiss possess a higher purchasing power than Nigerians.
Re: Twitter Users List What They Consider As 'toxic Femininity' by carinmom(f): 6:14pm On May 26, 2018
Fuadeiza:

Sincerely, I like the way you've handled this situation so far, very mature, no insults... very good

Thanks
Re: Twitter Users List What They Consider As 'toxic Femininity' by bukatyne(f): 7:41pm On May 26, 2018
Xisnin:

femininity = the quality of being female
Therefore any answer which is not specific to the female gender is rubbish.

Unfortunately, none of the responder could come up with an intelligent and correct answer.
Emotional blackmail? Who in this world(male or female) can claim they have never used it in their entire lifetime?

@bold:

I like peope who actually analyze situations before responding.

Emotional blackmail is when your parents want you to do something, you don't and they start recounting all the 'sacrifices' they have done to make you what you are.

Emotional blackmail is when a husband wants sex, wifey says no and he starts becoming touchy until she surrenders.

Emotional blackmail is when a woman wants something from her husband and she follows your normal advise of cook well, sleep with him etc.

Emotional blackmail is forcing people's hands to do something they ordinarily won't. It is always bad/toxic? Nope.
Re: Twitter Users List What They Consider As 'toxic Femininity' by nezer83: 8:11pm On May 26, 2018
carinmom:

You are the one who should stop the propaganda, are Muslim men the only men who are polygamous? Many cultures permits the practice of polygamy where men could marry as many women as they want at thesame time unlike in Islam where the limit is 4 at a time.
Islam is not a religion of hypocrisy where a man who is polygamous in nature would only be permitted to marry one wife which results in cases of adultery.
Yes you are right women have separate chamber behind men in the mosque because everyone is there for the worship, the physical contact between men and women is unnecessary as that could lead to distractions, so Islam knowing the nature of men to be easily distracted by the opposite sex allows women to pray behind men in order to minimise the distractions during prayers. Mosques are not like churches where there is mix up between both sexes leading to temptations in the house of God.

You didn't address the issue of whether Muslim men have the right to divorce any of his 4 four wives and replace her or indeed if he can divorce all and replace them. This means that a Muslim man can marry as many women he can provided he does not habour more than 4 women under his roof.
Your argument of distraction is lame. A serious minded man who goes to worship will do all he can be be distracted. Truth is Islam relegate women and that's a fact.
Selah.
Re: Twitter Users List What They Consider As 'toxic Femininity' by carinmom(f): 8:19pm On May 26, 2018
nezer83:

You didn't address the issue of whether Muslim men have the right to divorce any of his 4 four wives and replace her or indeed if he can divorce all and replace them. This means that a Muslim man can marry as many women he can provided he does not habour more than 4 women under his roof.
Your argument of distraction is lame. A serious minded man who goes to worship will do all he can be be distracted. Truth is Islam relegate women and that's a fact.
Selah.

Ok
Re: Twitter Users List What They Consider As 'toxic Femininity' by Amarachgold: 8:29pm On May 26, 2018
[quote author=coolestofall post=67888853]Toxic feminity 2 me is when a gal always wants 2 b consulted during decision making and also wants 2 b part of process.
It doesnt sound bad, right? Then reality hits then they b like u r d man na.
Sample: Me n babe decided 2 change d settings of the kitchen. Since she always want 2 b included in every process, I then b like "babe, oya carry d freezer from dat end let me carry it from this end", then she goes "u r d guy na, call ur friends 2 help". Hahaha..I sought

]
Re: Twitter Users List What They Consider As 'toxic Femininity' by IbnAbdullah1(m): 10:16pm On May 26, 2018
RadicallyBlunt:
If you say you're a feminist, you're indirectly saying you're wiser than your creator who gave a standard for marriage.

BTW, I've never seen a Muslim feminist. Its in Christianity that you'll see all manners of rubbish. My fellow Christians why?

hehehehehe..You don't know some deviant who call themselves muslim feminist exist.
Please google this name Aminah Wadud.
In fact,they are even getting bolder.
Them don dey plenty ..
Re: Twitter Users List What They Consider As 'toxic Femininity' by HorlaBanks: 10:50pm On May 26, 2018
[/color]
CAPSLOCKED:
[color=#990000]
WOMEN TALK CRAZY AT YOU IN PUBLIC AND WHEN YOU TRY TO GAIN A LITTLE BIT OF BALANCE ON THE MATTER THEY RELEASE THE NORMAL DUB......

"YOU'RE NOT A REAL MAN. YOU'RE TALKING TO A WOMAN LIKE THAT? YOU DON'T HAVE SISTERS AND MOTHER AT HOME? YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF". AND THAT'S EXACTLY HOW THEY HAVE THEIR WAY IN EVERYTHING AND EVERYWHERE AROUND OUR NEIGHBORHOODS.

EMOTIONAL BLACKMAIL IS WHAT THAT IS, NOT FEMINISM OR WOMAN POWER. IT'S CRAZY!
undecided
CAPSLOCKED:
[color=#990000]
WOMEN TALK CRAZY AT YOU IN PUBLIC AND WHEN YOU TRY TO GAIN A LITTLE BIT OF BALANCE ON THE MATTER THEY RELEASE THE NORMAL DUB......

"YOU'RE NOT A REAL MAN. YOU'RE TALKING TO A WOMAN LIKE THAT? YOU DON'T HAVE SISTERS AND MOTHER AT HOME? YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF". AND THAT'S EXACTLY HOW THEY HAVE THEIR WAY IN EVERYTHING AND EVERYWHERE AROUND OUR NEIGHBORHOODS.

undecided
[/color]
CAPSLOCKED:

undecided

It is really crazy
Re: Twitter Users List What They Consider As 'toxic Femininity' by KingRex1(m): 11:57pm On May 26, 2018
C0C0Bandicot:

30 billion likes for you jare
lol thanks.
I'd have prefered it in dollars in my bank akant though kiss
Re: Twitter Users List What They Consider As 'toxic Femininity' by KingRex1(m): 12:00am On May 27, 2018
folake4u:

This is one of the reasons I like you.

Always sensible smiley
Folake gimme love o cheesy
Thanks dear
Re: Twitter Users List What They Consider As 'toxic Femininity' by KingRex1(m): 12:05am On May 27, 2018
addicted268:

This is exactly what obtains in my parents home.growing up,we nicknamed my mum "the engineer".you 'll never hear her argue with my dad on decisions,no matter how annoying his views were but in d end, my mum's views are final.
Nice. Wouldn't you want that?
Mutaul respect. she knows he's the head and never tries to undermine him.
He in turn always heed to her advice and view points. checks out!

1 Like

Re: Twitter Users List What They Consider As 'toxic Femininity' by folake4u(f): 12:08am On May 27, 2018
KingRex1:
Folake gimme love o cheesy Thanks dear
tongue cheesy.

You're welcome .

1 Like

Re: Twitter Users List What They Consider As 'toxic Femininity' by fullblast(m): 12:37am On May 27, 2018
mytime24:
Today I saw a picture of jollof rice on Facebook, cooked by a Yoruba woman as I tried to zoom it closer, pepper entered my eyes��� cool
grin liar!
Re: Twitter Users List What They Consider As 'toxic Femininity' by Thesia(f): 10:52am On May 27, 2018
happney65:

In as much as I am not a Christian and will never be..However in Islam women are permanently meant to be in the background...Their husband can marry as much as many wives as possible and put all of them in purdah while he goes around fuccking pussies all about town..

Women voices are not meant to be heard at all in Islam..They are only for child bearing and Sex..

So it is non Muslims,atheists etc that do that FEMINAZI shit

Thank you

Because Muslim women are fantastically stupid,
Just sit and bear children, as if they don't have any vision in life, Muslim is bullshit.....

Am a misandry feminist.....

Some men are beautifully wrapped piece of sh*ts....

But never in my life will any man control me, men are just scumbags... sad
Re: Twitter Users List What They Consider As 'toxic Femininity' by Thesia(f): 10:57am On May 27, 2018
benzics:
What I still don't understand is how a lady would hit you and you'll just stay looking at her because she's a lady... Wetn concern me, mk I see girl wey her craze reach to hit me.. I go beat special rights comot for your body that day angry

And go and try that in England or this developed countries and u will find ur self in 10 years imprisonment, stupid fool..... undecided
Re: Twitter Users List What They Consider As 'toxic Femininity' by doskie(m): 11:31am On May 27, 2018
cooking soup with bonga fish just because you want to prove a point that he must apologise to you whenever you are angry.

wearing jeans trouser to sleep at night
Re: Twitter Users List What They Consider As 'toxic Femininity' by C0C0Bandicot(f): 3:40pm On May 27, 2018
KingRex1:
lol thanks. I'd have prefered it in dollars in my bank akant though kiss
Lol
Re: Twitter Users List What They Consider As 'toxic Femininity' by Gamesmart: 10:21pm On May 27, 2018
kimbraa:
Let me take a leaf off Adichie's Harvard speech.

"Sometimes, your choices will not align with your ideologies. You know why? Humans are flawed".

What amazes me the most is how Nigerian guys spend so much time just to discourse feminism or denigrate women while these ladies keep getting wiser by each passing day. You'll soon blame feminism for being the reason for your downfall.

How are they getting wiser?

Continue deceiving yourself. Feminism is about to bring immense misery, that you did not create the largest part of it (your western sisters did), on some of you's heads.

"If a Battle Can’t be Won, Don’t Fight It." - Sun Tzu

Women are not emotionally and intellectually strong enough to fight men. Stop claiming a lame victory. The coming backlash in the next few years will be vicious.
Re: Twitter Users List What They Consider As 'toxic Femininity' by JhyMedex: 10:39am On May 28, 2018
Thesia:

Because Muslim women are fantastically stupid,
Just sit and bear children, as if they don't have any vision in life, Muslim is bullshit.....

Am a misandry feminist.....

Some men are beautifully wrapped piece of sh*ts....

But never in my life will any man control me, men are just scumbags... sad

grin...Ur kind make me Lol..
Re: Twitter Users List What They Consider As 'toxic Femininity' by eyinjuege: 6:07am On May 29, 2018
GreyBlood:
A lady came to my office to buy a laptop, she was pointing at some really heavy ugly laptops and I told her how skeptical I was about her actually liking those ones if I bring them out for her then I suggested something slim, pink and more feminine.
She shut me a mean look and asked why I chose this for her and I explained that it looked more feminine and colourful . She got offended and left my office. I tried stopping her but she said she doesn't like people like me and stumped out.

A customer is always right.
Your reasons to pick another laptop was too superficial, even almost ridiculous.
You didn't mention the processor or how fast it runs, the storage capacity or the general functional capacity of the computer to convince her, you're talking of the colour?
Is laptop now a fashion accessory?
It also shows you have no idea of the products you sell. Why not employ someone that knows a lot about computers to act as a salesman and help your customers in choosing the right computers for them?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Girl Is A Year Old Today! / Nairaland Online Reality Family Show - Season One / Woman Loses First Pregnancy To Police Brutality After 10 Years Of Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.