Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,419 members, 7,815,945 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:47 PM

Twitter Users List What They Consider As 'toxic Femininity' - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Twitter Users List What They Consider As 'toxic Femininity' (17595 Views)

2face's Marriage: Which Of Them Is Truly Responsible For The Toxic Marriage? / 2019: List What God Did For You This Year / Photos Of A Man's Dirty House Got Twitter Users Arguing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Twitter Users List What They Consider As 'toxic Femininity' by GreyBlood: 8:06am On May 29, 2018
eyinjuege:

A customer is always right.
Your reasons to pick another laptop was too superficial, even almost ridiculous.
You didn't mention the processor or how fast it runs, the storage capacity or the general functional capacity of the computer to convince her, you're talking of the colour?
Is laptop now a fashion accessory?
It also shows you have no idea of the products you sell. Why not employ someone that knows a lot about computers to act as a salesman and help your customers in choosing the right computers for them?
I gave her a choice thinking she might like them as those ones were not displayed on the counter. It's not a big deal, I've been having female customers and I know exactly the type of laptops most prefer. She didn't specify the type she needed.

It's not fair alluding that I'm ignorant of what I'm selling, I do know what I'm doing. Go through my threads. Thanks
Re: Twitter Users List What They Consider As 'toxic Femininity' by BigBashiru: 7:47am On May 31, 2018
Toxic masculinity is a bigger issue. This is not just a "gender war", its the truth. Who performs kidnappings? assassinations? murders? armed robbery? most rape? the only crime where men and women are 50-50 is performance of cultism.

You are more likely to be fatally affected in your life time (serious injury or death) by toxic masculinity than by toxic femininity.... most men in nigeria increasingly prefer to hire female staff because your male driver could plot something for you one day.

4 Likes

Re: Twitter Users List What They Consider As 'toxic Femininity' by laudate: 11:03am On May 31, 2018
GreyBlood:
I gave her a choice thinking she might like them as those ones were not displayed on the counter. It's not a big deal, I've been having female customers and I know exactly the type of laptops most prefer. She didn't specify the type she needed.

It's not fair alluding that I'm ignorant of what I'm selling, I do know what I'm doing. Go through my threads. Thanks
If you were not ignorant of what you were selling, you would have asked for the specifications of the laptop she wanted, and endeavoured to provide one that had those specs for her, instead of pushing her in the direction of a laptop that had just a feminine colour. My colleague is an ardent programmer, multimedia editor and gamer, and she will never choose a laptop based on its colour, but on the specs she requires. undecided
Re: Twitter Users List What They Consider As 'toxic Femininity' by GreyBlood: 11:10am On May 31, 2018
laudate:

If you were not ignorant of what you were selling, you would have asked for the specifications of the laptop she wanted, and endeavoured to provide one that had those specs for her, instead of pushing her in the direction of a laptop that had just a feminine colour. My colleague is an ardent programmer, multimedia editor and gamer, and she will never choose a laptop based on its colour, but on the specs she requires. undecided
I'm not ignorant of what I am selling. Thanks for the correction and the subtle bashing advise.
Re: Twitter Users List What They Consider As 'toxic Femininity' by Temmy54546: 4:32pm On Jan 23, 2019
[quote author=Xisnin post=67898168]
femininity = the quality of being female
Therefore any answer which is not specific to the female gender is rubbish.

Unfortunately, none of the responder could come up with an intelligent and correct answer.
Emotional blackmail? Who in this world(male or female) can claim they have never used it in their entire lifetime?
This is exactly what I was thinking as I was reading this. The problem with feminism is people are taking it too far nowadays. Misandry is not feminism. People need to stop using feminism as a name for their hatred of men. Feminism is not a means to channel pain and frustration. The only fight that should be fought in feminism is for Gender Equity. Note that I said equity, not equality. Equality is when we are all given the same rights and opportunities, regardless. This might not be fair because, let's be frank, we're not all the same physically. But equity involves treating everyone equally with regard to their unique natures. It's going to take time, yes, but that should be the aim of feminism. People who use feminism for their own selfish reasons are the reason I started calling myself an Equalist. Feminism should be fighting for what is our right, not demanding for what no one has a right to [like demanding respect because you're a female even when you've done nothing respectable, or insulting men, or disrespecting them unnecessarily]

I rest my case ☺
Re: Twitter Users List What They Consider As 'toxic Femininity' by bukatyne(f): 6:04pm On Jan 23, 2019
GreyBlood:
A lady came to my office to buy a laptop, she was pointing at some really heavy ugly laptops and I told her how skeptical I was about her actually liking those ones if I bring them out for her then I suggested something slim, pink and more feminine.
She shut me a mean look and asked why I chose this for her and I explained that it looked more feminine and colourful . She got offended and left my office. I tried stopping her but she said she doesn't like people like me and stumped out.

While I understand what you are driving at, you never know her situation.

What if she has been constantly bypassed at work because she's female and she wanted to change her persona?
Re: Twitter Users List What They Consider As 'toxic Femininity' by Nobody: 11:33pm On Apr 27, 2021
If you say you're a feminist, you're indirectly saying you're wiser than your creator who gave a standard for marriage.

BTW, I've never seen a Muslim feminist. Its in Christianity that you'll see all manners of rubbish. My fellow Christians why?

You know what feminism means right?
Re: Twitter Users List What They Consider As 'toxic Femininity' by BigBashiru: 9:41am On Apr 28, 2021
swiz123:
When a woman uses feminism for her own benefit alone.

One thing i hate about feminists is their double standards. When they stand to gain something, they are feminist; when they stand to lose, they are no longer feminists.

How many of our Nigerian feminists take their man out; pay for house rent; feed their families - even if they can afford it, they still won't do it for long without complaining. You wouldn't see a man complaining about such things because by nature, it's their responsibility. For women, however, it's an anomaly.

The western culture, in recent times has been the bane of Africa(feminism isn't our thing). Divorce cases seems to be on the rise because of our misconception of feminism. Women no longer know there place.

A man and a woman can never be equal. The superiority of men comes natural and it would be an attempt in futility for y'all feminists to go against nature. Seeking parity with your men counterpart isn't a prerequisite for a better world w'all seek.

Live and let's live. We are all unique in our own way.

Men are not superior in any way..... the violence ridden gender....how many boko haram insurgents are women?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Girl Is A Year Old Today! / Nairaland Online Reality Family Show - Season One / Woman Loses First Pregnancy To Police Brutality After 10 Years Of Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.