Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,944 members, 7,952,812 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:27 AM

Open Letter To The Presidency - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Open Letter To The Presidency (282 Views)

This Tweet By APC Has Won The Presidency For Atiku ( Photo) / Zainab, Buba Galadima Daughter Works For The Presidency (Photos) / This Was What Really Happened In Plateau State According To The Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Open Letter To The Presidency by Investor12: 8:40am On May 26, 2018
OPEN LETTER TO THE PRESIDENCY ON ISSUE AFFECTING ILAJE LAND IN ONDO STATE FOR DECADES

His Excellency,
President Muhammadu Buhari (GCFR) ,
Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces,
Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Dear Mr president,
Your Excellency, peace and prosperity be with you, you are not just our president but a Role model to all Nigerians who believe in democracy. It took me years to summoned this valor as young concerned citizen of Nigeria From ondo state to write you this open letter on some issues affecting the people of my land.
Am a young civilian to the core, a die-hard lover of your system and the strategy you apply in operating Democracy, Rule of law and Constitutionalism, i must tell that your uprightness, integrity and veracity is suitable to the taste of all Nigerians including I. Before i go into the main reason of this letter, let me use this opportunity to appreciate the almighty Allah for your astonishing Health recovery after your medical checkup, Indeed this miracle comes as an outcome of the prayers by all momentous and consequential Nigerians. But to tell you the truth some political rogue are not happy with the wide spread of change that is radical more chiefly in the area of corruption both to the party members and oppositions who have turn the taxpayer treasury to their personal asset in think your are acting to yours words on the inauguration day "I BELONG TO EVERYBODY AND BELONG TO NOBODY" may the Almighty Allah continue to bless and protect your against any form of impairment.
Mr president, am duty-bound to write this open letter to you concerning a matters of paramount issue affecting the people of Ilaje land for the total swoon of enjoying their full basic needs from the government for the past 10 years. For the past decades there has been a marginalisation of ilaje in terms of Infrastructural stipulation, No standard Health facilities, No portable water, No good school, No good roads, No Electricity, No empowerment, No employment. Moreover there is also a serious environmental degradation in the riverine areas as result of oil exploration and exploitation. This problems range to sea sortie, land subsidence, loss of vegetation, water pollution, Air pollution to total alteration of the eco system resulting in loss of economic system as a result of Chevron, shell and express in this Areas which these oil companies are not paying compensation to the affected people.
The ilaje land occupies the costal and riverine area of Ondo state. It has the longest coastline in Nigeria. It falls with the Niger Delta area having the same geographical terrain as other oil producing states. It is the only oil producing area in ondo state thus qualified the state as the 5th largest oil producing state in the league of oil producing states, and pillar behind ondo state standout, Mr President it is mocking that the same local government and its sister's LGA in ondo south senatorial district are lacking all what others local government are enjoying , they have not one day witness the betterment of any government amenities since 1999.
Mr president, an average Ilaje man spent #1,500(one thousand five hundred naira only) on daily basis to power his generator which is approximately #45,00(fort-five thousand naira only) in a month, even more than the minimum wage in Nigeria, Mr President this are inevitability amenities that these people should be enjoying for free but they now spent thousands to get it. I have never seen this as rejection but a total injustice, neglect, unfairness, inequality, iniquity, impiety, disdain , derision, vilification denigration and disparagement to my people of ilaje land who are Natural economically blessed.
Not only 10 years in darkness, there is a serious High rate of unemployment which has lea to High rate of crime , every young people out there has lost optimism, our only hope which is the OLUWA GLASS which provide employment opportunities for more than 65% of people in On do south senitorial district has turn into forest for a very long time, our representatives are not helping issue at all, they are concerned about their personal pocket and family, when elections comes they come with their decisive tongue to cajole our people and use our youth as political thugs after election they turn Akure and Abuja has their permanent residence. We are now wise come 2019.
Mr president, the people of ilaje has suffered gross social and economic infrastructure, penury, paucity, frustrations, ecological catastrophe and other forms of deprivations. The depth of Poverty in ilaje land is attested to by the fact that the available data show that the region on the average fared less than the nation average in major indicators of development. There is high level of illiteracy while approximately three quaters of ilaje children attending primary school and nation illiteracy is estimated 30% in Niger delta. 70% of household in ilaje areas depends on streams and pond waters which has also recorded high level of airborne dieseas. Thanks to Hon Kolade Akinjo MHR representing ilaje/ese odo Federal constituency who has provided a mobile water for the people which as reduces to 35% according to my research, Big kudus to you sir, but this is not an equitable means of providing water to the people because majority of people are not liable to the water most especially residents insider the Zion's . I know a rapid solution will be done.
The establishment of the NDDC(Nigeria delta development commission) was one of the main instrument to address the depth of the development and environmental problems in Niger Delta which Ilaje falls in, this area which presently spans a number of the state in the south-south, south-East and south-west part of the country. But the NDDC in ondo state is a non-functioning, incompetent,ineffective,ineffectual,unimpressive and feeble government organization, for the past 10 years they not carried out a successful and functionary project in igbokoda, the administrative Headquarters of ilaje local government, their activities are below poor, they are not worthy to stand out among all others NDDC in their rented apartment office, Mr President it is not an understatement to say the ondo state NDDC are the less performing NDDC among all others, the people of ilaje has not one day benefited from them. Omotosho power pant was said to the awarded to one of their formal director on works and project but we have not seen the outcome for the 4 years. The people of ilaje will be happy if these set of dubious people can walk majestically into the EFFC building at Abuja to face the panel. WE THE ILAJE PEOPLE HAVE ACCEPT THAT WE DON'T HAVE A FUNCTIONARY NDDC".
Like i use to quotes" Ethnics and equality and the principle of justice does not change with calender it stand with democracy, Mr president my people has endure the endurable, they are now tired of this suffering, they are now coming out in pains in rain, in sun in a peaceful protest and demonstration like the ILAJE ADVANCMENT FORM led by Comr Obeyelu Igbekele and Ehinmowo Tokunbo and all the people of ilaje home and Diaspora to go against this injustice, which have make almost all the people of ilaje to lose their interest in Franchise because of this wicked act by incurring the slogan of NO LIGHT NO ELECTION, which means majority of my people are not ready to vote in 2019 General Election unless the government provide a rapid solution to the issue in ground most especially the area of power.
Mr President, realize I have not asked that you should give us 24 Hours Electricity supply. But if you can we will be delightful, all i asked is that let the ilaje enjoy for the little resources they have.
It is the hope of the generality of my people that your power position as the number one citizen of this country would usher us in a new era of hope in ilaje land. Ilaje people are full expectations and are anxious that the Federal Government will permanently address this issue in particular, and other problems occurring in ilaje land for the past decades, we are tired of this suffering.
Whatever it cause, the NIEGRIA ELECTRICITY REGULATORY COMMISSION need to be revisited . So we may be better of returning to our Egypt.
PERMIT US TO SHOUT "UP NEPA" AGAIN.

Yours Distraught Nigerian,
Emmanuel Macaulay.

(1) (Reply)

Obaseki’s Affordable Housing Scheme: EDPA Meets Host Communities, As Construct.. / Governor Ikpeazu Synonymous With The Biblical Nehemiah / Group Blast Amnesty International Over Mischievous Allegation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.