Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,184 members, 7,845,887 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 07:08 AM

Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities - Education (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities (54976 Views)

Your Education Policy Wicked, Against Nigerian Youth - ASUU Slams Buhari / Racial Bias Against Nigerian Causes Protest At Yale University. / JAMB Fixes Cut Off Marks For Universities, Polytechnics, Colleges Of Education (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by princfred(m): 4:57pm On May 27, 2018
AlphaMajestic:

look at wat ur saying..the rich Nd d poor funded d building..d only reason d Church shud bring d poor into a partnership shd be cos of d poor ..the rich has it all..dey can decide to school anywhr dey like...then after completion wether standard or substandard.. only the rich will end up schooling there...

dnt u av shame..u Nd dis ur mermaid husband drayzee or waheva his name is...we r spose to be fighting for equal rights in government... not churches
They really have an important part of their brain fried by constant brainwashing or are beneficiaries of the flawed system. Imagine how she is choking herself by herself with illogical analogy.

So A and B contributes to build then after the cost of schooling is placed so high that only A can afford it makes sense to that chaff brain and her GO? If this people were the ones Jesus handed over christainity to , their selfishness, senseless and inhumane minds would have destroyed the religion or unleashed a fuxked version on the world. And na them claim santimonous pass.

She is supporting not just sentiments against the poor but real immoral discrimination while telling you not to support sentiment against the rich.
Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by darkelf: 5:00pm On May 27, 2018
oke48:

[s]So tell me, what miracle do you want the churches to perform to make the universities "free"?[/s]. The only miracle is for them to set their priorities straight. I am not against the churches building universities but looking at the controversies surrounding this, they should stop building the so-called universities since it can't be free. Thank God we have government universities which are quite affordable; they should try to support its members through scholarships schemes/programs. I think this would save them the stress of all these arguements.

God bless you sir. My points exactly.

Now, if these churches feel that our federal and state universities aren't up to par. It would've been smarter for them to at least make quarterly donations to these schools in terms of equipments, transport shuttles, conducive hostels and so on. I tell you brother, they would've achieved their goal of providing sound education to members without the associated controversies of high cost of school fees. But no.

Is it that they didn't factor everything before establishing their steep-priced universities? Or, they were blinded by greed to even think at all?

The Bible says that judgement will begin from his house. It was said that Robin hood stole from the rich to give to the poor but our religious private universities seem to be doing the opposite. Is this really fair?

To the defenders of these so called religious higher institutions, think about this deeply. Would Jesus have established a university where the majority couldn't afford? If he were here on Earth now, would he happily endorse such daylight thievery? Are we as Christian's not admonished to follow in the footsteps of Christ?

I rest my case.

3 Likes

Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by princfred(m): 5:02pm On May 27, 2018
slydog:

Lol, come to think about it, did A and B contribute equally?
Ask Jesus in the widows mite parody. You unchristly minded worldly thinking minded Christian claimer.
Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by KingOfAmebo(m): 5:02pm On May 27, 2018
HigherEd:
It is sad that once again a Nigerian who ought to be a responsible mentor for Nigerian youths has towed the unfortunate path of Ignorance. In his recent music video, Fahlz called out Nigerian Churches for building universities with money of the poor yet made it unavailable for the poor due to "expensive" tuition.

This is one of the numerous emotional blackmail that churches in Nigeria are being subjected to. It is sad because one wonders if much of these accusers even realise what it takes to fund a mediocre university not to talk of a good one. In much of these debates and attacks against churches, most seem to abandon the facts rather they go feed on the lies and propaganda against the church which is an easy target because most churches rightly do not have PR teams or many individuals knowledgeable enough to defend them.

How Much Does It Cost To Run A Nigerian University
We would be using federal and state universities as a guide here due to the unavailability of data from mission universities.
In their underfunded states, the University of Ibadan's annual wage bill stands at 800 million naira/month translating to 10 billion naira/annum. Capital allocation to the university also stands at 1 billion naira/annum. While Tetfund's annual allocation stands at 2 billion naira per annum. Therefore all FG induced funding stands at 13 billion naira for a total number of 29,783 students which put total FG subsidy of UI at N437,000.00 per annum. This is excluding the IGR made by the university.
State universities on the other hand have a typical wage bill profile of about 5 billion a year. Example would be the likes of Lautech and EkSu with 390> million naira and 450 million naira as wage bill respectively.

If Governments are finding it hard to fund universities how would fahlz expect churches to do so exclusively?
Until recently Lautech was enmeshed in a serie of Industrial actions which was a result of the two owner state's inability to pay subvention for the university. Adekunle Ajasin on the other hand witnessed an internal crisis when state government had to hike the fees students where paying. All these are testament to the fact that university education is severely expensive to fund. So the intelligent questions that Fahlz should be asking is how state governments funded with Oil revenue, Compulsory Tax and a predictable income regime are finding it nearly impossible to properly fund single universities across their various states. Not why should churches who are funded by Voluntary donations and a nonconsistent income regime must fund free education.

There Are No Free Church Universities Anywhere In The World.
While most of the advocates of free church university education are quick to cite old missionaries as the reason why today's church must give free education it is curious as to why they refuse to cite free church universities in adavanced nations of the world today which currently practices free education. They cunningly make it sound as though tuition fees was invented by Nigerian pastors. But it is indeed far from the truth. The fact is that majority of the conventional churches across the globe funded or founded by churches charge way higher than their counterparts in Nigerian universities. Exceptions would be made of university cum seminaries which are usually also funded by churches.

"Church Universities Are Funded By The Poor" - A lie invented by Mischievous individuals
Half truths are equal to lies, to say that church universities are funded by the poor is to insinuate that they are exclusively funded by them. But that would be a lie because the obvious truth is that they are equally funded by the rich and middle class who in some cases don't even bother applying. Much of these self appointed advocates of the poor are in the reality hypocrites using poor people as a pawn in a dirty war game against the church.
University education is expensive everywhere and where it is free someone must be paying for it. Many of the hyocritic advocates of the poor make it seem as though poor people sell off their inheritances to gift to churches so as to build schools "that are for the rich". But in reality what most church members give to churches or university donations are negligible funds such as 50 - 500 naira. How many 50/100 naira notes are you going to pull together to replace one 800,000 required to educate one kid?

Nigerian Churches Should Continue Their Good works In The Higher Education Sector And Ignore Detractors.
The fact of the matter is that Nigerian churches provided over 30 universities which has given thousands of Nigerian youths the opportunity to study in a country with one of the lowest university per populations in the world. They've done that and have equally saved Nigeria millions in foreign exchange which erstwhile was lost to education tourism. They've funded researches in millions, owned research institutes which helped in curbing infectious disease and now even one now has a startup laboratory.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=228551741245276&id=226796954754088

I stopped reading your glorious trash when you said 5-500 donations by the poor church members cannot send their kids to school.

Please pick up your calculator and calculate this simple maths.

Multiply 10 million RCCG members by 500 naira every sunday multiply by 52 weeks and tell me if is not enough to build, fund and send thousands of poor kids through school for free.

Have you heard of the missionary schools of old? They were built by Churches and offer free education... There is absolutely no justification for me to contribute towards building a school while my kids cant study there because I cant afford it.

I blame the poor that donated, it would have been better not to contribute to ANY church project knowing you won't benefit from it. Case study: Emmanuel Park inside RCCG Camp, owned by Pastor Adeboyes wife built with donations from church members yet this ignorant church members still pay #1000 as gate fee for their children to have fun.

Who owns Church properties? It is the Pastors and their families, yet they tell you to contribute to buy AC or fix the gen...when you leave you go with NOTHING, making you the biggest fool.

I blame the poor for contributing to buy their Pastors private jets all in the name of ministerial work...what happed to video conferencing? What happened to Satellite TV live broadcast of service across the globe? Do you still need a private jet to fly you to Japan to minister to them when you have technology that is much much cheaper on your fingertips?

Why collect donations from the poor members when you know it won't be enough to send their kids to school?...now you give the excuses of expensive funding. So, what's the point in embacking on a project that won't benefit your poor members.

#GodsJudgmentApproaches
#WorshipGodNotYourPastor
#GodChurchIsNotABuilding
#WinSoulsNotBuildingBigChurches
#BigChurchSmallSalvation
#ItIsNotAboutTheSizeOfYourChurchButHowYouSavedLives
#YouWillBeDoomedForLeadingPeopleAstray
#ManyPastorsWontMakeHeaven
#TheBibleForetoldTheMessInTodaysChurch

2 Likes

Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by princfred(m): 5:03pm On May 27, 2018
darkelf:

Now, if these churches feel that our federal and state universities aren't up to par. It would've been smarter for them to at least make quarterly donations to these schools in terms of equipments, transport shuttles, conducive hostels and so on. I tell you brother, they would've achieved their goal of providing sound education to members without the associated controversies of high cost of school fees. But no.

Is it that they didn't factor everything before establishing their steep-priced universities? Or, they were blinded by greed to even think at all?

The Bible says that judgement will begin from his house. It was said that Robin hood stole from the rich to give to the poor but our religious private universities seem to be doing the opposite. Is this really fair?

To the defenders of these so called religious higher institutions, think about this deeply. Would Jesus have established a university where the majority couldn't afford? If he were here on Earth now, would he happily endorse such daylight thievery? Are we as Christian's not admonished to follow in the footsteps of Christ?

I rest my case.
Exactly what i was telling one herd thinker before.
Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by AlphaMajestic: 5:15pm On May 27, 2018
princfred:
They really have an important part of their brain fried by constant brainwashing or beneficiary of the flawed system. Imagine how she is choking herself by herself with illogical analogy.

So A and B contributes to build then after the cost of schooling is placed so high that only A can afford it makes sense to that chaff brain and her GO? If this people were the ones Jesus handed over christainity to , their selfishness, senseless and inhumane minds would have destroyed the religion or unleashed a fuxked version on the world. And na them claim santimonous pass.

She is supporting not just sentiments against the poor but real immoral discrimination while telling you not to support sentiment against the rich.

lwkm.."immoral discrimination"..are u lawyer?? is there like any law against dis horrible crime...like legally in our system.. dats stuff sounded really funny
Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by sangresan(m): 5:20pm On May 27, 2018
donnie:

See this one... Okotie ko, Bakare ni. grin
Mumu...Do you know know the point of argument?
Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by AlphaMajestic: 5:26pm On May 27, 2018
KingOfAmebo:

I stopped reading your glorious trash when you said 5-500 donations by the poor church members cannot send their kids to school.

Multiply 10 million RCCG members by 500 naira every sunday multiply by 52 weeks and tell me if is not enough to build, fund and send thousands of poor kids through school for free.

Have you heard of the missionary schools of old? They were built by Churches and offer free education... There is absolutely no justification for me to contribute towards building a school while my kids cant study there because I cant afford it.

I blame the poor that donated, it would have been better not to contribute to ANY church project knowing you won't benefit from it. Case study: Emmanuel Park inside RCCG Camp, owned by Pastor Adeboyes wife built with donations from church members yet this ignorant church members still pay #1000 as gate fee for their children to have fun.

Who owns Church properties? It is the Pastors and their families, yet they tell you to contribute to buy AC or fix the gen...when you leave you go with NOTHING, making you the biggest fool.

I blame the poor for contributing to buy their Pastors private jets all in the name of ministerial work...what happed to video conferencing? What happened to Satellite TV live broadcast of service across the globe? Do you still need a private jet to fly you to Japan to minister to them when you have technology that is much much cheaper on your fingertips?

Why collect donations from the poor members when you know it won't be enough to send their kids to school?...now you give the excuses of expensive funding. So, what's the point in embacking on a project that won't benefit your poor members.

#GodsJudgmentApproaches
#WorshipGodNotYourPastor
#GodChurchIsNotABuilding
#WinSoulsNotBuildingBigChurches
#BigChurchSmallSalvation
#ItIsNotAboutTheSizeOfYourChurchButHowYouSavedLives
#YouWillBeDoomedForLeadingPeopleAstray
#ManyPastorsWontMakeHeaven
#TheBibleForetoldTheMessInTodaysChurch

I thought abt dis jet stuff and all the super cars dis pastors have...they might be worst than politicians..
some rich man gifted the Pope an expensive Ferrari with gold colour... the Pope auctioned it and gave the money to orphans...no Nigerian pastor wud av done that
Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by sangresan(m): 5:32pm On May 27, 2018
AlphaMajestic:

I thought abt dis jet stuff and all the super cars dis pastors have...they might be worst than politicians..
some rich man gifted the Pope an expensive Ferrari with gold colour... the Pope auctioned it and gave the money to orphans...no Nigerian pastor wud av done that

Walahi.....

And their blind followers will be crying here...
Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by DJMCOTTY(m): 5:32pm On May 27, 2018
Wetin person wan talk now?
Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by donnie(m): 5:34pm On May 27, 2018
sangresan:

Mumu...Do you know not know the point of argument?

Please calm down, you're embarrassing yourself.
Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by lawkenoz(m): 5:38pm On May 27, 2018
ladygudhead:
Are u not understanding that i didnt speak on a one-side notion.i was'nt bias in my point, i hit on d amount aswell as i hit on d mind it will come from. You are being bias in judging me here.

madam I read your initial statement, it was so condescending. poor people are part of the church and whatever they give, be it 10 naira goes a long way and plays it part in the work of the church. Simply say you made a mistake or did not mean to sound that way.

2 Likes

Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by princfred(m): 5:38pm On May 27, 2018
AlphaMajestic:

lwkm.."immoral discrimination"..are u lawyer?? is there like any law against dis horrible crime...like legally in our system.. dats stuff sounded really funny
Lol. I was trying to properly qualify the act of shenanigans who are trying to project what they are doing on people even to the point of narcissism towards those who call out their immorality.
Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by KingOfAmebo(m): 5:42pm On May 27, 2018
HigherEd :

You ask why churches build universities? That I'm sorry to say is very funny. The churches build universities to be able to pass the Christian ordinance into a youthful population. Having the opportunity to teach students the ways of God under the platform of secular education is too great an opportunity to pass by. To correct ills of the society by taking folks at their formative stage and serving as an incubation for their developments into morally equipped individuals with reverence and knowledge of God.

Liar, Missionary schools do same and still offer Free education.

Now churches have been building universities even before the person who named Nigeria was born and even preceded the US government and European nations to establish them. The Harvard's, Yale, Notre dame, yonsei would never have existed without the church.

Yes, churches have been building universities and offering free education, why should todays church collect money and become more expensive than other universities? Dont give me that "it is expensive to run a university" crap.... It is still the poor members that fund the running of these universities

As per industry the church has no mandate in it. Why should the church build industries? To create wealth - it is not the role of the church to create wealth, To provide jobs - It is not the role of the church to provide jobs. Unlike Universities, industries don't serve any relevance to the mandate of the church or her gospel. Let Kings remain kings and priest remain priest.

So, They dont have mandate to build industries and create job opportunity for their members but they have mandate to build Universities using church money and keep the profit in their pocket.

The church continues to have a mandate in creating schools(especially primary and secondary), Orphanages, Rehabs and Hospitals. Skill acquisitions for members is ok, building income generating companies is taking it too far.

Your listed mandate is also funded by the poor church members and not from the pastors pocket.

No church university in Nigeria today is for profit making. The most expensive one, Babcock is subsidized by 2% of her total budget by the adventist church. Apostolic church gives Crawford 350 million subsidy every year, CU gets above 2 billion grants from winners every year. Landmark has gotten 6 billion in the past few years(I can go on!)

You are such a shameless liar...the most foolish in the committee of fools know churches make money from their university. There's one thing to lye but lying against the spirit of God is unforgivable.

Are Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Yonsei, Notre dame affordable to the poor? Shouldn't they have been created(by the church) because the poor couldn't afford them? Do you even know the purpose of creating universities. You think it is to share admission for people. Do you know the poor too would benefit most when the universities turn out great research, discoveries and product for the benefit of society?

Mockery? You sir are beginning to spout nonsense. The church universities which have run uninterrupted academic calendars, housed students like actual human beings, provided amenities the govt can't provide are suddenly the ones who are making a mockery of education. To take it further you are quite confused also. You just accused the church of profit mongering after slandering them for not investing in industries which are huge money spinners. It is safe to assume you would end up accusing the church of anything your imagination can create if they actually go into building industries. I know your type sir you would also accuse the church of building car industries with money of the poor while the poor can't afford it. Abi what are we supposed to do when we build cars that the poor can't afford. We should share the cars for free abi. After all with una thinking the church receives tithe and should be able to share free cars it produces

Like seriously?.... In trying so hard to make sense you keep sounding foolish and ignorant.

I would rather sit at home, study my bible and pray with my lips to God through our Chief mediator Jesus Christ than burn my fuel going to church to listen to a man like me playing table tennis with my brain. My bible is all I need not some pastor that works for his pocket.

Why exactly is the church contribution to Nation building? Nothing, except building the bank account of their pastors...ignorant members.

#GodsChurchIsNotABuilding
#YouTooCanSpeakToGod
#YouTooCanPrayAndGodAnsweres
#WorshipGodNotYourPastor
Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by sangresan(m): 5:49pm On May 27, 2018
Those who introduced Christianity to Africa didn't live in affluence...

We can't separate the issue under discussion from the lifestyles of some of our pastors...Though some of them are respectable and decent, yet many of them are now too money conscious...I laugh at those comparing our system to that of America....

Can you, as a church pastor, be given an unfettered access to church funds in America?

Oral Roberts University was recently embroiled in legal disputes for similar reasons....The fact is that you can't just divert church money anyhow in America as our pastors often do without proper scrutiny.....Those people will sue your ass...

The most common feature of Christian charity work in other places is in providing free medical care (eye treatments for the elderly in remote areas, clothing and food to the homeless, etc)

In Nigeria, the best our churches are associated with is in establishing expensive schools...

No known hospital or medical missions whatsoever...Maybe I don't know sha.
Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by ladygudhead(f): 5:52pm On May 27, 2018
lawkenoz:

madam I read your initial statement, it was so condescending. poor people are part of the church and whatever they give, be it 10 naira goes a long way and plays it part in the work of the church. Simply say you made a mistake or did not mean to sound that way.
Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by ladygudhead(f): 6:01pm On May 27, 2018
lawkenoz:

some of you are getting my message wrongly, it's deeper than you see. Thats why i owe no apology. It is not in me to look down on people.
Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by lawkenoz(m): 6:10pm On May 27, 2018
ladygudhead:
some of you are getting my message wrongly, it's deeper than you see. Thats why i owe no apology. It is not in me to look down on people.

I don't recall demanding for one, your post was self explanatory and a lot of folks saw it as described.

Christianity was born to cater especially for the poor, weak and needy.

You claim to be christlike, I can tell you he (Christ) would not have made such comments about the little giving of the poor. someone was trying to point that out to you......The widows mite story.
Be what you profess, or at least pretend to be.

1 Like

Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by ladygudhead(f): 6:21pm On May 27, 2018
lawkenoz:

I don't recall demanding for one, your post was self explanatory and a lot of folks saw it as described.

Christianity was born to cater especially for the poor, weak and needy.

You claim to be christlike, I can tell you he (Christ) would not have made such comments about the little giving of the poor. someone was trying to point that out to you......The widows mite story.
Be what you profess, or at least pretend to be.
Abeg i taya for you matter.
Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by lawkenoz(m): 6:23pm On May 27, 2018
KingOfAmebo:

I would rather sit at home, study my bible and pray with my lips to God through our Chief mediator Jesus Christ than burn my fuel going to church to listen to a man like me playing table tennis with my brain.
Why exactly is the church contribution to Nation building? Nothing, except building the bank account of their pastors...ignorant members.

#GodsChurchIsNotABuilding
#YouTooCanSpeakToGod
#YouTooCanPrayAndGodAnsweres
#WorshipGodNotYourPastor

say no more brother, you've capped it all. These sheeple know the truth, but like brainwashed people, they suffer from cognitive dissonance. They know what the church of Christ stands for or rather should stand for, but too caught up in defending the bloody GOs.

If their main aim was contributing solely to society and helping the needy, we would see projects that are conspicuous and undebatable. instead all we hear of those type of good works are whispers and rumours. Church branches littered everywhere instead of NGOs and meaningful things.

Give me a church that improves the lives of the people both physically and spiritually, I would walk miles to attend it.

1 Like

Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by Nobody: 6:33pm On May 27, 2018
CodeTemplar:
Wrong. wrong again

He's right. You dumb as hell
Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by Leopantro: 6:38pm On May 27, 2018
wether you like am, wether you no like am, you have to thank Falz. just because of his song tgis thread has gine to 15 pages. not " banana fall on you", or " 30 bilion in the account"
Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by CodeTemplar: 6:45pm On May 27, 2018
princfred:
They really have an important part of their brain fried by constant brainwashing or are beneficiaries of the flawed system. Imagine how she is choking herself by herself with illogical analogy.

If A and B contribute to build who contributes to run the school. By that I mean who contributes to fuel the school plant, to pay lecturers, to buy equipments, to fund research, to stock the library, maintain the hostels?

Please I like to hear a detailed answer to this important question.

Should it be offering, the beneficiaries, philanthropists, partners or should the school separate the rich and charge them higher.
Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by Ihateyoumod: 6:51pm On May 27, 2018
DrayZee:

So the maintenance cost of the Jets will cover for the universities expenses right? That's exactly what you're saying.
Aligned with the standards of this world. So they should create their own country and economy?
Have you ever seen a cheap private university before? Why are you typing like an illiterate?

Is the university a business to d church??
Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by CodeTemplar: 6:52pm On May 27, 2018
darkelf:

I rest my case.
That idea looks tempting on the surface but a church wouldn't agree to fund a loose system in such manner.

So you want a church to spend unconditionally on a an institution that can be hijacked by other faiths(Muslims and non believers) via politics?
Institutions that aren't trying to promote the values the church promotes ?
You are clearly contradicting yourself sir. Plus the govt has that responsibility and not a group of private individuals.
Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by CodeTemplar: 6:58pm On May 27, 2018
KingOfAmebo:

I stopped reading your delusional analysis as soon as I saw the above calculation. N500 per worshipper? I suspect your don't attend
Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by lekanation(m): 7:03pm On May 27, 2018
CodeTemplar:
If you read the OP well your brain will realize that FG subsidizes the average Uni Ibadan student by 430,000 per year and N1.7m four 4 years. Who is the mumu here?
what is this one saying ??

Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by Nobody: 7:04pm On May 27, 2018
HigherEd:
It is sad that once again a Nigerian who ought to be a responsible mentor for Nigerian youths has towed the unfortunate path of Ignorance. In his recent music video, Fahlz called out Nigerian Churches for building universities with money of the poor yet made it unavailable for the poor due to "expensive" tuition.

This is one of the numerous emotional blackmail that churches in Nigeria are being subjected to. It is sad because one wonders if much of these accusers even realise what it takes to fund a mediocre university not to talk of a good one. In much of these debates and attacks against churches, most seem to abandon the facts rather they go feed on the lies and propaganda against the church which is an easy target because most churches rightly do not have PR teams or many individuals knowledgeable enough to defend them.

How Much Does It Cost To Run A Nigerian University
We would be using federal and state universities as a guide here due to the unavailability of data from mission universities.
In their underfunded states, the University of Ibadan's annual wage bill stands at 800 million naira/month translating to 10 billion naira/annum. Capital allocation to the university also stands at 1 billion naira/annum. While Tetfund's annual allocation stands at 2 billion naira per annum. Therefore all FG induced funding stands at 13 billion naira for a total number of 29,783 students which put total FG subsidy of UI at N437,000.00 per annum. This is excluding the IGR made by the university.
State universities on the other hand have a typical wage bill profile of about 5 billion a year. Example would be the likes of Lautech and EkSu with 390> million naira and 450 million naira as wage bill respectively.

If Governments are finding it hard to fund universities how would fahlz expect churches to do so exclusively?
Until recently Lautech was enmeshed in a serie of Industrial actions which was a result of the two owner state's inability to pay subvention for the university. Adekunle Ajasin on the other hand witnessed an internal crisis when state government had to hike the fees students where paying. All these are testament to the fact that university education is severely expensive to fund. So the intelligent questions that Fahlz should be asking is how state governments funded with Oil revenue, Compulsory Tax and a predictable income regime are finding it nearly impossible to properly fund single universities across their various states. Not why should churches who are funded by Voluntary donations and a nonconsistent income regime must fund free education.

There Are No Free Church Universities Anywhere In The World.
While most of the advocates of free church university education are quick to cite old missionaries as the reason why today's church must give free education it is curious as to why they refuse to cite free church universities in adavanced nations of the world today which currently practices free education. They cunningly make it sound as though tuition fees was invented by Nigerian pastors. But it is indeed far from the truth. The fact is that majority of the conventional churches across the globe funded or founded by churches charge way higher than their counterparts in Nigerian universities. Exceptions would be made of university cum seminaries which are usually also funded by churches.

"Church Universities Are Funded By The Poor" - A lie invented by Mischievous individuals
Half truths are equal to lies, to say that church universities are funded by the poor is to insinuate that they are exclusively funded by them. But that would be a lie because the obvious truth is that they are equally funded by the rich and middle class who in some cases don't even bother applying. Much of these self appointed advocates of the poor are in the reality hypocrites using poor people as a pawn in a dirty war game against the church.
University education is expensive everywhere and where it is free someone must be paying for it. Many of the hyocritic advocates of the poor make it seem as though poor people sell off their inheritances to gift to churches so as to build schools "that are for the rich". But in reality what most church members give to churches or university donations are negligible funds such as 50 - 500 naira. How many 50/100 naira notes are you going to pull together to replace one 800,000 required to educate one kid?

Nigerian Churches Should Continue Their Good works In The Higher Education Sector And Ignore Detractors.
The fact of the matter is that Nigerian churches provided over 30 universities which has given thousands of Nigerian youths the opportunity to study in a country with one of the lowest university per populations in the world. They've done that and have equally saved Nigeria millions in foreign exchange which erstwhile was lost to education tourism. They've funded researches in millions, owned research institutes which helped in curbing infectious disease and now even one now has a startup laboratory.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=228551741245276&id=226796954754088
Oga you're the one ranting here. It was Falz's father Femi Falana who spoke against church universities, not Falz. The basis of this article is incorrect.
Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by CodeTemplar: 7:11pm On May 27, 2018
lekanation:
what is this one saying ??
Yes the Federal govt gives Ñ11Bn to UI every year and when divided by their average student population it comes to 430, 000 per student. That means the FG subsidizes the education of each UI undergraduate by 430k every year. Get it?

1 Like

Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by HigherEd: 7:13pm On May 27, 2018
Cyberleets:

brainwashed mugu
Referring to your ancestors and future lineage
Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by princfred(m): 7:15pm On May 27, 2018
CodeTemplar:
If A and B contribute to build who contributes to run the school. By that I mean who contributes to fuel the school plant, to pay lecturers, to buy equipments, to fund research, to stock the library, maintain the hostels?

Please I like to hear a detailed answer to this important question.

Should it be offering, the beneficiaries, philanthropists, partners or should the school separate the rich and charge them higher.

Are you insinuating the church dont take offering from the poor and channel to those?

Well here is a good reply for you from Dolby. Read it slowly and carefully thrice for it can teach you moral sensitivity:

Alot of people have digressed from the point here but it's ok. Everyone wants to talk.

Is good upbringing and godly devotion meant for "the few poor but intelligent ones who can pass scholarships"?
Is Christ teachings meant for only class who can pay high fees??

The church shouldn't have set up institutions that can only be available to a select few in the society. Institutions that further widen the gap between the rich and the poor shouldn't have any place within the church.

My grandma was quite poor, her English wasn't so good coz it was tainted with Yoruba accent but her writing is so beautiful ! She writes in cursives! She went to a missionary school and paid close to nothing.

Think about it: If the Temple/Synagogue in Jesus time had a University and Peter and Luke were to write scholarship exams, who do you think would have gotten scholarship to study medicine? The system might have pronounced Peter a dullard and Luke as intelligent. Churces should think about Jesus first in all dealings.

They should build primary and secondary school that are still quite easier to manage and make it available to the masses. University education isn't the pinacle of success.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (22) (Reply)

Effects Of Lamination On Certificate / Adire Now School Uniform In Ogun / I Didn’t Graduate As A Virgin - Madonna University Graduate Counters Founder

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.