Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,366 members, 7,815,783 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:16 PM

Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities (54765 Views)

Your Education Policy Wicked, Against Nigerian Youth - ASUU Slams Buhari / Racial Bias Against Nigerian Causes Protest At Yale University. / JAMB Fixes Cut Off Marks For Universities, Polytechnics, Colleges Of Education (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by HigherEd: 8:47am On May 27, 2018
Wiseandtrue:

So if many are giving 50-150 then where is all these money generated from

Are you saying they are into another business

The early church as you put it preaches about humility, care, love and equality!

They shared themselves, they helped the old, the weak and the poor. So what are you saying

They could as well amassed the wealth and keep it for themselves, why share it
Where is what money generated from? From the members of course...
Rich members also pay huge sums in endowments to church and they also have to pay for whatever edu services the church offers. Dogara gave his six months salary towards building CU. When his child attends CU she would be paying the exact fees everyone pays. Not one kobo reduction. So the point should be "Rich and poor built university and none of them got the services for free".
Believe me the church of today is not preaching pride, hate or inequality. The best any church can do is to encourage her rich to assist her poor in clearing bills to the degree they can.
Yes I'm aware of a rich winners woman who has funded 7 people in Covenant(Four of her kids and three of others). Countless other are equally doing same in redeemers, landmark, Babcock etc and the church too is funding those it can.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by princfred(m): 9:21am On May 27, 2018
Where are the Rehabs, homes and schools for the mentally and physically challenged, orphanages and hospitals? Asking this question does not make one a shenanigan. Abi na only to build universities and buy jets they learn from missionaries? Missionaries built free primary and secondary schools. Where are those from todays business centers sorry business church owners.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by Vulcanheph(m): 9:55am On May 27, 2018
Take a look at this country. The churches have made a mockery of the whole education sector. Every church wants to have a university. And you want to tell me it's not for profits? undecided Even the church that will reign tomorrow are already looking for a parcel of land for their proposed university. Don't we have enough already?

Why can't these churches build industries? Why can't two or three of these churches come together and create wealth if not for anyone, at least for their members?

Instead, they create more and more divisions among themselves.
GOD BLESS YOU....NA YOU TALK WETIN I HEAR

12 Likes

Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by omoadeleye(m): 9:59am On May 27, 2018
izzou:
grin

[b]First of all, I do not support Falz in anyway. So don't quote me if you don't understand my points. Thank you.

My question is? What is the aim of building the University in the first place? Is it to provide quality education, or to make profit?

If it's to provide quality education, then who are the targets? The rich or the poor? Because I'm sure no poor man can afford a private university.

Take a look at this country. The churches have made a mockery of the whole education sector. Every church wants to have a university. And you want to tell me it's not for profits? undecided Even the church that will reign tomorrow are already looking for a parcel of land for their proposed university. Don't we have enough already?

Why can't these churches build industries? Why can't two or three of these churches come together and create wealth if not for anyone, at least for their members?

Instead, they create more and more divisions among themselves. This founder will boast to his students that his school is the best amongst others, and how God gave him the vision to revive the educational sector. Rubbish undecided

I need not type more so you don't think I actually support Falz. Falz should have just kept quiet. It would have been better[/b]

not to the rich or to the poor, it is for those who can afford it
Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by Junior66(m): 10:01am On May 27, 2018
HigherEd:

You ask why churches build universities? That I'm sorry to say is very funny. The churches build universities to be able to pass the Christian ordinance into a youthful population. Having the opportunity to teach students the ways of God under the platform of secular education is too great an opportunity to pass by. To correct ills of the society by taking folks at their formative stage and serving as an incubation for their developments into morally equipped individuals with reverence and knowledge of God.

Now churches have been building universities even before the person who named Nigeria was born and even preceded the US government and European nations to establish them. The Harvard's, Yale, Notre dame, yonsei would never have existed without the church.

As per industry the church has no mandate in it. Why should the church build industries? To create wealth - it is not the role of the church to create wealth, To provide jobs - It is not the role of the church to provide jobs. Unlike Universities, industries don't serve any relevance to the mandate of the church or her gospel. Let Kings remain kings and priest remain priest.

The church continues to have a mandate in creating schools(especially primary and secondary), Orphanages, Rehabs and Hospitals. Skill acquisitions for members is ok, building income generating companies is taking it too far.

No church university in Nigeria today is for profit making. The most expensive one, Babcock is subsidized by 2% of her total budget by the adventist church. Apostolic church gives Crawford 350 million subsidy every year, CU gets above 2 billion grants from winners every year. Landmark has gotten 6 billion in the past few years(I can go on!)

Are Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Yonsei, Notre dame affordable to the poor? Shouldn't they have been created(by the church) because the poor couldn't afford them? Do you even know the purpose of creating universities. You think it is to share admission for people.

Mockery? You sir are beginning to spout nonsense. The church universities which have run uninterrupted academic calendars, housed students like actual human beings, provided amenities the govt can't provide are suddenly the ones who are making a mockery of education. To take it further you are quite confused also. You just accused the church of profit mongering after slandering them for not investing in industries which are huge money spinners. It is safe to assume you would end up accusing the church of anything your imagination can create if they actually go into building industries.
God bless you sir. You made perfect points.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by gcof(m): 10:01am On May 27, 2018
Out of everything Falz said, it is only the one he said about church that you chose to write long epistle on. Indeed religion has dealt badly with Africans especially Nigerians

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by Junior66(m): 10:03am On May 27, 2018
izzou:

[b]It may please you to know that I am a product of a private university(church owned) in this country

Saying that no church built it's university for profit making is a lie. It's either you are ignorant, or you just want to lie. Ask those who have been there. I'll rest my case on this point. Make we no too talk am cool

Now, you say the church doesn't have the mandate to build industries. Fine. I agree. So how did they get the mandate to build schools?
Note that I'm not against churches building universities . I'm just against the fact that every church now builds it's own universities. Our purpose of getting education is to have a positive impact in the society, while we make a living. There is no platform for us to make a living. There are no jobs, and no structures on ground to create one. Instead of using this loophole to impact godly principles into people, we still create more problems

Look at Nigeria. Every state has its own university, polytechnic and other tertiary institutions. Coupled with the ones of the Federal government and you still see sense in adding more.

Talking about godly principles, what class of Nigerians are they targeting? The rich or the poor? Because a middle class Nigerian will not find paying 500k a semester easy, not to talk of the poor.

Be it known to thee that there are other super mega churches outside Nigeria and Africa. If the aim was to impact godly principles, they should have littered their countries with universities too.

[/b]
This your last confirms you no longer have any point to make.

2 Likes

Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by mynamewilfred(m): 10:03am On May 27, 2018
For those criticizing Falz, receive sense.

6 Likes

Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by phada2006: 10:04am On May 27, 2018
[quote author=HigherEd post=67913669]It is sad that once again a Nigerian who ought to be a responsible mentor for Nigerian youths has towed the unfortunate path of Ignorance. In his recent music video, Fahlz called out Nigerian Churches for building universities with money of the poor yet made it unavailable for the poor due to "expensive" tuition.

This is one of the numerous emotional blackmail that churches in Nigeria are being subjected to. It is sad because one wonders if much of these accusers even realise what it takes to fund a mediocre university not to talk of a good one. In much of these debates and attacks against churches, most seem to abandon the facts rather they go feed on the lies and propaganda against the church which is an easy target because most churches rightly do not have PR teams or many individuals knowledgeable enough to defend them.

How Much Does It Cost To Run A Nigerian University
We would be using federal and state universities as a guide here due to the unavailability of data from mission universities.
In their underfunded states, the University of Ibadan's annual wage bill stands at 800 million naira/month translating to 10 billion naira/annum. Capital allocation to the university also stands at 1 billion naira/annum. While Tetfund's annual allocation stands at 2 billion naira per annum. Therefore all FG induced funding stands at 13 billion naira for a total number of 29,783 students which put total FG subsidy of UI at N437,000.00 per annum. This is excluding the IGR made by the university.
State universities on the other hand have a typical wage bill profile of about 5 billion a year. Example would be the likes of Lautech and EkSu with 390> million naira and 450 million naira as wage bill respectively.

If Governments are finding it hard to fund universities how would fahlz expect churches to do so exclusively?
Until recently Lautech was enmeshed in a serie of Industrial actions which was a result of the two owner state's inability to pay subvention for the university. Adekunle Ajasin on the other hand witnessed an internal crisis when state government had to hike the fees students where paying. All these are testament to the fact that university education is severely expensive to fund. So the intelligent questions that Fahlz should be asking is how state governments funded with Oil revenue, Compulsory Tax and a predictable income regime are finding it nearly impossible to properly fund single universities across their various states. Not why should churches who are funded by Voluntary donations and a nonconsistent income regime must fund free education.

There Are No Free Church Universities Anywhere In The World.
While most of the advocates of free church university education are quick to cite old missionaries as the reason why today's church must give free education it is curious as to why they refuse to cite free church universities in adavanced nations of the world today which currently practices free education. They cunningly make it sound as though tuition fees was invented by Nigerian pastors. But it is indeed far from the truth. The fact is that majority of the conventional churches across the globe funded or founded by churches charge way higher than their counterparts in Nigerian universities. Exceptions would be made of university cum seminaries which are usually also funded by churches.

"Church Universities Are Funded By The Poor" - A lie invented by Mischievous individuals
Half truths are equal to lies, to say that church universities are funded by the poor is to insinuate that they are exclusively funded by them. But that would be a lie because the obvious truth is that they are equally funded by the rich and middle class who in some cases don't even bother applying. Much of these self appointed advocates of the poor are in the reality hypocrites using poor people as a pawn in a dirty war game against the church.
University education is expensive everywhere and where it is free someone must be paying for it. Many of the hyocritic advocates of the poor make it seem as though poor people sell off their inheritances to gift to churches so as to build schools "that are for the rich". But in reality what most church members give to churches or university donations are negligible funds such as 50 - 500 naira. How many 50/100 naira notes are you going to pull together to replace one 800,000 required to educate one kid?

Nigerian Churches Should Continue Their Good works In The Higher Education Sector And Ignore Detractors.
The fact of the matter is that Nigerian churches provided over 30 universities which has given thousands of Nigerian youths the opportunity to study in a country with one of the lowest university per populations in the world. They've done that and have equally saved Nigeria millions in foreign exchange which erstwhile was lost to education tourism. They've funded researches in millions, owned research institutes which helped in curbing infectious disease and now even one now has a startup laboratory.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=228551741245276&id=226796954754088
The question i would like the writer to answer is, the income generated from this venture is use for what purpose?

3 Likes

Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by londoner: 10:06am On May 27, 2018
delugajackson:
Falz is right. What's the need of establishing a university that even a common man cannot attend?

I see it as an outright extortion on the part of these churches. If the church in its entirety cannot serve the needs of its members justly, then perhaps they should re-consider their priorities.

Exactly ☺

If the poor can't attend, the poor shouldn't contribute or there should be funds for scholarships. The church isn't supposed to just mirror civil society where we end up having the exact same inequalities. Then how are they any different to 'the world' ?

Falz is correct and I'm glad he spoke up as he usually does. Most of his songs are actually social commentary. From weh done sir, to baby boy etc

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by Livefreeordieha(m): 10:06am On May 27, 2018
HigherEd:

You ask why churches build universities? That I'm sorry to say is very funny. The churches build universities to be able to pass the Christian ordinance into a youthful population. Having the opportunity to teach students the ways of God under the platform of secular education is too great an opportunity to pass by. To correct ills of the society by taking folks at their formative stage and serving as an incubation for their developments into morally equipped individuals with reverence and knowledge of God.

Now churches have been building universities even before the person who named Nigeria was born and even preceded the US government and European nations to establish them. The Harvard's, Yale, Notre dame, yonsei would never have existed without the church.

As per industry the church has no mandate in it. Why should the church build industries? To create wealth - it is not the role of the church to create wealth, To provide jobs - It is not the role of the church to provide jobs. Unlike Universities, industries don't serve any relevance to the mandate of the church or her gospel. Let Kings remain kings and priest remain priest.

The church continues to have a mandate in creating schools(especially primary and secondary), Orphanages, Rehabs and Hospitals. Skill acquisitions for members is ok, building income generating companies is taking it too far.

No church university in Nigeria today is for profit making. The most expensive one, Babcock is subsidized by 2% of her total budget by the adventist church. Apostolic church gives Crawford 350 million subsidy every year, CU gets above 2 billion grants from winners every year. Landmark has gotten 6 billion in the past few years(I can go on!)

Are Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Yonsei, Notre dame affordable to the poor? Shouldn't they have been created(by the church) because the poor couldn't afford them? Do you even know the purpose of creating universities. You think it is to share admission for people.

Mockery? You sir are beginning to spout nonsense. The church universities which have run uninterrupted academic calendars, housed students like actual human beings, provided amenities the govt can't provide are suddenly the ones who are making a mockery of education. To take it further you are quite confused also. You just accused the church of profit mongering after slandering them for not investing in industries which are huge money spinners. It is safe to assume you would end up accusing the church of anything your imagination can create if they actually go into building industries.
u are just delusional and a rare type of hybrid sheeple...

I will not ask u so much...Just one...Do u know that if the missionaries that came to Africa charged exorbitant fees most of us won't be here today perhaps still under colony but the free education afforded our ancestors to tap free,gain knowledge and asked for our independence...

Why can't ur churches atleast make it affordable if not free...

If u like quote Me with another sheeple influenced bullshittttt...Middle finger is wat awaits u...

Answer the simple questions and stop being a religious nuisance.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by Junior66(m): 10:08am On May 27, 2018
Inricash:
You guys are typing out of ignorance...

Fahlz said the bitter truth without any sugar coating...

You mention cost of running a University as maybe a profit making venture not as a missionary..

Those missionaries that came to preach the gospel had several secondary school they ran for free, which one is your church running for free? And in your comparison to Government, ask yourself if the government is not also struggling to fund Secondary or even primary schools....

How do you even Justify fees in excess of a million or two in a bid to Justify the Church...
As an educated person you should know that the missionary schools were not free in the sense you are making it. Those schools were paid for by the mother churches of the missionaries abroad. Oyibo people paid for us to be given free education so it was not free.

11 Likes

Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by kolawoleibukun2: 10:08am On May 27, 2018
correct
jonesoibe:
I least expected this from falz. undecided�[b][/b]
Leave the church alone and mind your music career.
Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by nowpresence(f): 10:09am On May 27, 2018
DrayZee:
These people asking the church for industries, please just name some of the "industries" that would be appropriate to be built by a church.
Should the church begin to manufacture steel? Or assemble cars? Or sell cement?
Really, what do you people want? Or is it that you people just feel like typing?
I wonder why the focus is on the church. What about other religion. when it comes to Christianity people always want to flex muscle.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by Omakonoha86: 10:09am On May 27, 2018
This is wickedness. Try to justify these evil pastor's game. Shame on you and all other fake men of god
HigherEd:

4 Likes

Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by Temple1288(m): 10:10am On May 27, 2018
Do they pay taxes in Nigeria and to the government?

1 Like

Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by demolagilbert: 10:11am On May 27, 2018
CodeTemplar:

At N850,000 covenant charges around $2,500 dollars. N365/$
i needed to quote you cos i see pple do this sort of comparison a lot, and it is economically wrong. You need to consider purchasing power parity btw countries. You need to consider first what is the avg annual earning of a low to middle class person in that cairo, or the us or the uk or whichever countries you wanna juxtapose figures with. Then you consider the purchasing power parity of your country Nigeria, where the avg annual earning of someone who makes 120k a month, would be just about 2500+ dollars a year. Now consider, how many ppl in Nigeria in 2018 currently make even this abysmal 120k per month. That is how it is done. You dont compare someone who is the us doing a shoddy menial job and making 10 dollars or more an hour to Nigerian some of who are making 10 dolllars for a whole day job, whilst in a bank, wearing a tie, and thinking he is a big boy. With a year of savings a student who has a good side job like a nursing assistant in the US can save 15000 dollars, and buy a venza. Heck my ex just did. And she isn t evn middle class yet. some Apartments in california or new york can charge in tens of thousands a month. So such comparison without considering purchasing power parity, is a faulty one

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by Temple1288(m): 10:12am On May 27, 2018
Livefreeordieha:
u are just delusional and a rare type of hybrid sheeple...

I will not ask u so much...Just one...Do u know that if the missionaries that came to Africa charged exorbitant fees most of us won't be here today perhaps still under colony but the free education afforded our ancestors to tap free,gain knowledge and asked for our independence...

Why can't ur churches atleast make it affordable if not free...

If u like quote Me with another sheeple influenced bullshittttt...Middle finger is wat awaits u...

Answer the simple questions and stop being a religious nuisance.

Exactly!!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by loswhite(m): 10:12am On May 27, 2018
The post is misleading. Please explain to us how expensive tution Equals to free education?
In the early days of missionary schools in Nigeria how where they able to sustain standard secondary schools without paying expensive tuition fees?

10 Likes

Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by DrayZee: 10:14am On May 27, 2018
HigherEd:

We are simply asking many of these entitled folks to tell us where you got your ideas of an utopia where church uni run without charging fees. Yale, Princeton, Harvard came into the argument because they were founded by churches of their clergies. But if you think that is too hard to process then tell us how Yonsei, regeant, pepperdine, Oral Roberts uni, biola uni, Loyola Marymount uni, oakwood uni, villanova uni, leeward, Georgetown uni, St Andrews uni all founded and in many cases still run by churches charge millions of naira that dwarf the tuition of Nigerian church unis.
Why are people in those countries not screaming like many of the idiots in Nigeria. Maybe it's because they understand a thing or two about what it cost to run a university.

Why are their poor not screaming blue murder against the church for allowing their unis charge them thousands of dollars in fees which results in ppl taking back breaking loans to pay. Their poor also pay tithe and offerings, not to talk of the huge financial aid their govt still gives to private universities. Catholic uni of Notre dame collected millions of USD from US every year yet the school fees is 45,000USD.

The best private uni in Africa is American Univ of Cairo which charges 14,000USD while Covenant is the second and charges about 3,000USD. Let that sink in.

DrayZee CodeTemplar made important point on the so called call for industries. And let me reiterate that many universities funded by churches even have more employees than some industries. But be rest assured that when churches go into industries you would hear demonic things like "how can church build an auto industry when members can't afford the cars they make." That's the insanity of the Nigerian populace they deliberately forget the churches to employ ppl through universities and draw out the fact that poor people can't attend. Covenant for instance has over 2000 families feeding from it. But no let's forget that and focus on the 850,000 fees that the poor cannot pay.
You are wise. That's all I have to say.

1 Like

Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by Ollawilliam: 10:14am On May 27, 2018
Churches and their pastors only know wealth. They preach prosperity all the time and not humanity. Church owned universities might not be a problem.

However, Funds made from Church either through tithing or tuition should generously be used for charity, helping people with water supply, education and the likes in rural areas. Lots of scholarships for the poor to attend their Uni. I find it rather intriguing that these Churches do less or non of these charitable activities.

God bless Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by Junior66(m): 10:15am On May 27, 2018
izzou:

We are talking about Falz and his opinion. You should know Falz was talking our Nigerian pastors and not Harvard or Yale. I don't know why you keep bringing Harvard into this. Or you want to compare Harvard to mediocre universities like Madonna or Redeemers that still charge millions of naira for nothing?

And you guys feel it's not the church's responsibility to create jobs. I totally agree. But it's the church's responsibility to take almost a million from me a session, because they want to impact godly principles into me? Wonderful.

I wish I had time to reply your mentions. I want to hit the road soon. Falz is wrong because it's not his business, just as it isn't mine. But the springing up of universities everywhere by churches shows its not longer an issue of godly principles. It's about the money
How is it about profits when none of them can even meet up with 50% of their required funding? For your information, no university in Nigeria, both private and public is making any profit. I had a brother at Joseph Ayo Babalola University (JABU) once and he said the school needed counterpart funding from the church to the tune of about 80 million naira every month to able to keep running. As a rest the school started owing salaries of staff for months. Tell me if that school is making any profit at all.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by demolagilbert: 10:15am On May 27, 2018
i see pple do this sort of comparison a lot, and it is economically wrong. You need to consider purchasing power parity btw countries. You need to consider first what is the avg annual earning of a low to middle class person in that cairo, or the us or the uk or whichever countries you wanna juxtapose figures with. Then you consider the purchasing power parity of your country Nigeria, where the avg annual earning of someone who makes 120k a month, would be just about 2500+ dollars a year. Now consider, how many ppl in Nigeria in 2018 currently make even this abysmal 120k per month. That is how it is done. You dont compare someone who is in the US doing a shoddy menial job and making 10 dollars or more an hour, to a Nigerian who is making 10 dollars for a whole day job, whilst in a bank, wearing a tie, and thinking he is a big boy. With a year of savings a student who has a good side job like a nursing assistant in the US can save 15000 dollars, and buy a venza. Heck my ex just did. And she isn t evn middle class yet. some Apartments in california or new york can charge in tens of thousands a month. So such comparison without considering purchasing power parity, is a faulty one

2 Likes

Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by RexTramadol1: 10:16am On May 27, 2018
Well I don't like dabbling into religious stuffs

But then, if the cost of running a university is so high that it can't cater for tithe-payers

I think the cost of running nursery and primary schools/secondary aren't that high

But still they charge high for all that....

And spare us the it's not for profit-making stuff

What's used to pay the staff and settle taxes? Losses I guess.

And is that sound doctrine taught in their unis meant for only students that can afford the millions per annum or all ? If getting sound teachings bla bla comes from paying huge sums, then the church system is very partial because those who really need these teachings are the frustrated ones who resort to violence when poverty is swearing deep oaths with them......

The one about fee structure sef.....Havard at inception was quite affordable, so those who pioneered it then must Av benefitted in a way..... Do ur checks well.

You can't just build a uni wit donations of 100, 000 people and give scholarship to 100..... It's not fair biko

Make I no waste energy sha

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by ibnchokomah(m): 10:16am On May 27, 2018
To run a school is a costly venture quite alright but it's funny when you force a small parish to pay a given sum to fund the school monthly. I won't call names but I know of a church that tasks parishes 5k monthly for their university. I'm talking of parishes that do not remit up to 30,000 naira monthly. The only equipment they have are old sound systems with a keyboards, with rent of about 60k yearly on their heads too.

One that I know of, it's the pastor that pays the rent and the church doesn't care how they survive. All they want is their remittance and the 5k forwarded for school growth. Oh lest I forget, the pastor is my Father. You sit wherever you are typing trash about how money is needed to run the church but you won't ask yourself how it directly affects the small churches they have. With the story above why won't people say they take from the poor to build schools only the rich can afford?

If there was a good scholarship scheme that takes smart youths from these poor families to these schools, it'll have been better but heck when I wrote a scholarship exam although I had the highest score in my region, and above 85%, all I got was 30k for my 5 years of study. How fair is that?

These schools are built for profit and profit alone. It's not a mission school whatsoever but then Jesus' emphasis was on the poor. Las las what do I know? The church should be bold enough to say that these are profit driven enterprises and hike the price as much as they want, make it as standard as they want but they shouldn't do it at the EXPENSE OF POOR MEMBERS.

There's a welfare offering collected in church and more than 80% is remitted. An offering that doesn't amount to 2000. How on earth do they want member's welfare to be taken care of with just 200 naira. See OP don't make me annoyed this morning.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by lankieman: 10:17am On May 27, 2018
Sheep will be sheep.

6 Likes

Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by princfred(m): 10:18am On May 27, 2018
Junior66:

As an educated person you should know that the missionary schools were not free in the sense you are making it. Those schools were paid for by the mother churches of the missionaries abroad. Oyibo people paid for us to be given free education so it was not free.
The question is which ones are we paying for for others like oyibo did? If they are not paying for others why have they not paid for those of their fellow blacks? Why dont they build orphanages, school of the blind, deaf or dumb. So many mad men roaming the streets without mental care. Where are the humanitarian buildings? Red cross etc was by Christian leaders first. But lets buy jets and build universities in the midst of these much more pressing needs .........and blame whites.

12 Likes

Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by RexTramadol1: 10:18am On May 27, 2018
Junior66:

How is it about profits when none of them can even meet up with 50% of their required funding? For your information, no university in Nigeria, both private and public is making any profit. I had a brother at Joseph Ayo Babalola University (JABU) once and he said the school needed counterpart funding from the church to the tune of about 80 million naira every month to able to keep running. As a rest the school started owing salaries of staff for months. Tell me if that school is making any profit at all.

It's not a must to have a university.....simple.

5 Likes

Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by oke48(m): 10:18am On May 27, 2018
gcof:
Out of everything Falz said, it is only the one he said about church that you chose to write long epistle on. Indeed religion has dealt badly with Africans especially Nigerians

Exactly what came to my mind too. At the mention of any religious issue, people begin to malfunction while they forget that there are other pressing issues to be addressed. Like you mentioned religion has dealt badly with Africans especially Nigerians.

6 Likes

Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by neonly: 10:18am On May 27, 2018
God bless dis OP United we stand against propaganda from .........

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

See My Jamb Result (screenshot) / Michael Okpara University (MOUAU) 2014/2015 postume form on sale / I Didn’t Graduate As A Virgin - Madonna University Graduate Counters Founder

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.